As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diarrhea

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So uh, does anyone have any knowledge on how to remove cat diarrhea from carpet that's seemingly "worn" into? It appears that the cat decided to take a steaming liquid poop right after I left for xmas weekend that has caked into the carpet and I'm having a hell of a time getting it out. The cat's fine, otherwise, I think this was uh "OH SHIT I'M SICK FFFFFF I MISSED LET ME TRY AND COVER IT UP WITH THIS PAPERTOWEL I KNOCKED DOWN FROM THE SHELF NEARBY" Too bad the papertowel spool missed by like 8 feet.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
bowen on

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A rug shampooer and some spot cleaner. Or pay ChemDry to come out to your house for $60.

EDIT: You can rent the shampooer for relatively cheap if you, like most people, don't own one.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • wogiwogi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's this neat little tool you can get at just about anywhere that sells cleaning supplies. I forget the actual name, but its got a scrubber and a sponge, and a soap dispenser. I've never had a problem getting even old stains out with it. I haven't ever tried it on chat diarrhea though, but its worth a shot.

wogi on
    http://bit.ly/runshort
    -Current W.I.P.
  • MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ^What he said, or if you wanna try something cheaper first, you could try letting some sort of foaming carpet cleaner sit for a few minutes before you blot it up. That worked last week when my dog shat on my grandmother's carpet last week. We caught that right away though, so mileage may vary.

MushroomStick on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah we have a shampooer but it's not doing didly squat. It's got some uh, thickness to it. Sort of like a cat took a shit and something 200 lbs sat on it for 4 days.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    throw a hot, wet rag on it, and let it sit for a while. That might soften it up a bit. good luck, dried up pet waste is the WORST.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I've pretty much relegated to losing my pet deposit because of this. Ugh, thanks everyone, if anyone can give me more ideas please do because I'll be trying them all.

bowen on
  • Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I deal with rabbit pee on my carpet as well as really bad carpet and various friends and family spilling stuff. I like this stuff. it has getten out Chocolate milk, (not a fresh stain) all the rabbit pee, alot of it not fresh. I just sprayed this on it and used my Bissel Pet hand tool on it. You can use a Rug doctor Hand tool as well.

Mom2Kat on
  • a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My dog did that once, shat all over the living room, nice bloody diarrhea. I had a hell of a time getting it out.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Cleaners/Pet-Stain-and-Odor-Remover-plus-Oxygen/ID=prod352909-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku352910

I have excellent luck with this product. I have gotten so many dog diarrhea stains out of the carpet with it. They also make it in a concentrate for steam cleaners.

http://www.woolitecarpet.com/Products/Category.asp?catalog_name=BISSELL&category_name=Machine+Formulas&Page=1

If you use the spray, follow the directions to the letter. Spray it on, don't soak the carpet. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then gently rub it out with a damp cloth. Use a nice, absorbent cotton cloth and it'll come out.

Good luck, it's a lot of work, but it'll come out.

Oh, I just read Mom2Kat's post. Good deal. I also had an incident where the dog peed in an unused room, and we didn't find it for a week. That's when I discovered this stuff, the vet actually recommended it to me over the expensive enzyme cleaners.

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Since you're damned near ready to call it quits it seems, I'd pour some very hot/boiling water on it to loosen it up and then put some elbow grease into it.
    I would also wear a face mask during this.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's a product called Blue Magic that I like. You spray the stain, then let it sit for a minute or three, then you try to wipe / rub / scrub the stain loose. Doesn't always work with just one application, but with a bit of elbow greese, it's taken care of week old cat vomit stains, spilt spaghetti, and day old blood stains fairly well.

Dizzen on
  • KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Have you tried Nature's miracle or simple solution? Simple solution got soy sauce out of my carpet and has worked on many dog stains. You do need something to suck it back out of the carpet for maximal stain removal. I have a little bissel spot bot but renting an actual carpet cleaner would be even better.

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
    edited December 2010
    I think I have nature's miracle buried in my cabinets somewhere.

Though that shampoo concentrate from woolite looks right up my alley since I have a shampooer.

I'll give both of those a try then, if all else fails, the water method. Turns out it's on the wall too and I'm guessing I'll either have to repaint or cut out that piece of the wall and redo it. Ugh. It made the paint in the corner bubble.

Thanks all!

bowen on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    One of those carpet steam cleaners you can rent from Home Depot. That'll make any carpet look brand new. OF course it might not be worth the cost of renting it.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited December 2010
    Already have one.

Though it doesn't seem to get some stains that have been there a while but I will give that woolite steam cleaner soap a shot because I think that will. Woolite works pretty well on them it's just sitting there with a brush and shit on those harder stains is a pain.

bowen on