As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins Game at PAX 06?

UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIREBUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
Crazy idea time, boys and girls - I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the game Assassins, but I'm thinking it would be ridiculously fun to play at PAX. In short, everyone playing the game takes on the role of an Assassin, and each assassin has a contract out on one other player. If you manage to "kill" your mark, you take over the contract on the player they were hunting, and so on. If you are "killed" by the person with a contract for you, you pass them your contract, and you're out of the game. The game ends when there is only one Assassin left, or when an agreed upon time is reached. In the latter case, the surviving Assassin with the most kills is the winner. How a player is "Killed" varies from game to game, with some games using water or Nerf guns, while others simply have the Assassin inform their mark that they have been assassinated from within arms reach.

Now, PAX being what it is (huge and crowded), some modifications would need to be made to the rules to try and make it feasible for an Assassin to find their mark. I'm open to suggestions, but my first suggestion would be to require all players to submit a clear, accurate photo of themselves, which would be issued to the assassin along with the contract.

This is mainly brainstorming at this point - complete rules can be fleshed out once it's determined if there is enough interest to hold a game.

Who wants to play Assassins?

UnbrokenEva on

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Um...It was played last year.

I dunno how it turned out, however, but I got eliminated my first step in the door. :| Mostly because of the confusion of entering and trying to figure out where we needed to go.

I propose that if we do another one, it doesn't start until at least five minutes into PAX. :P

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Um...It was played last year.

I dunno how it turned out, however, but I got eliminated my first step in the door. :| Mostly because of the confusion of entering and trying to figure out where we needed to go.

I propose that if we do another one, it doesn't start until at least five minutes into PAX. :P

Awesome. This'll be my first PAX, but I should have figured something so potentially fun would have already been thought of.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    This thread needs more choices. My explaination for no is if ou do it the same way you did last year then no. But if you fix some of the problems then yes.

Puerto Rock on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Unfortunately, the edit option apparently doesn't extend to poll choices. However, this seems like a good place to talk about what went wrong last year. Or in the original thread from last year, that I have resurrected with the latest in ZombieTron (tm) technology.

UnbrokenEva on