As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Steam lol | We have some classy gents here in this thread.

• BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Never had a computer to play Crysis until now. Never played Crysis // WarHead for $9.99, yes and thank you!

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Peff wrote: »
    Am I a fool for hoping VtM: Bloodlines goes on sale sometime during this?

Direct2Drive, or at least the UK version, semi-recently had it on sale, so stranger things have happened.

Lawndart on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So did anyone pick up extra copies of super meat boy for gifting/trading? I mistakenly passed on it not knowing much about it and have watched a bunch of videos since and feel as though I have made a terrible error.

If anyone has a copy I would gladly trade theme for something of similar price tbd, or pay it forward with something to another needing person as the sale continues.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jazz wrote: »
    Fanda wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Got a couple questions for IL-2 Sturmovik players.

1) Is a 360 controller suitable? I'm not too keen to buy a joystick.

2) The screenshots Steam provides aren't very flashy. However, I came across a trailer for the console-exclusive sequel, which looks much prettier.

Are there any mods that would make IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 look more like that?

1. Don't bother without a joystick.

2. Birds of Prey is not console exclusive and it's been a daily deal during this sale twice already (once last week and on the sunday best-of).

I can't find Birds of Prey on Steam at all, only 1946. Would you mind linking it?

I think he meant the kludgily-titled Wings of Prey.

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry about that. The PC version of Il-2: Birds of Prey was renamed Wings of Prey for some reason. I didn't realize that the console version had a different title or even existed until just now, so I can't blame anybody for being confused.

Gaslight on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there's no co-op, as far as i know.

Which is the biggest freaking travesty of that game. The game would be absolutely phenomenal with two-player co-op. Crytek said they could have gone that direction, but instead they wanted to make their pseudo battlefield clone instead.

If Crysis had 2-player online co-op, I'm certain that alone would have propelled its sales even higher still. And yet, they're not even putting co-op into the sequel either.

It's just such a sad wasted opportunity, especially when they say it's something they could achieve, but that they think trying to compete with the big boys of competitive FPS's is the better idea. Other games barely give their co-op players space to breath. Crysis gives you access to whole islands, and makes things like distractions to draw people away from bases, setting up traps and ambushes, and generally more tactical play a real possibility.

subedii on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jazz wrote: »
    Got a couple questions for IL-2 Sturmovik players.

1) Is a 360 controller suitable? I'm not too keen to buy a joystick.

2) The screenshots Steam provides aren't very flashy. However, I came across a trailer for the console-exclusive sequel, which looks much prettier.

Are there any mods that would make IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 look more like that?

1. Don't bother without a joystick.

2. Birds of Prey is not console exclusive and it's been a daily deal during this sale twice already (once last week and on the sunday best-of).

I can't find Birds of Prey on Steam at all, only 1946. Would you mind linking it?

I think he meant the kludgily-titled Wings of Prey.

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry about that. The PC version of Il-2: Birds of Prey was renamed Wings of Prey for some reason. I didn't realize that the console version had a different title or even existed until just now, so I can't blame anybody for being confused.

No biggie, I had no idea Wings of Prey was even related to IL-2, let alone was actually IL-2: Birds of Prey retitled. Wings of Prey just makes it sound like some potentially iffy shovelware or something.

Jazz on
  • SqSq Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jesus this thread moves fast... Thanks for the M&B Warband info everyone!

Sq on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    subedii wrote: »

Which is the biggest freaking travesty of that game. The game would be absolutely phenomenal with two-player co-op. Crytek said they could have gone that direction, but instead they wanted to make their pseudo battlefield clone instead.

If Crysis had 2-player online co-op, I'm certain that alone would have propelled its sales even higher still. And yet, they're not even putting co-op into the sequel either.

It's just such a sad wasted opportunity, especially when they say it's something they could achieve, but that they think trying to compete with the big boys of competitive FPS's is the better idea.

I guess I won't be getting it then... :(

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Couple of problems with Crysis.

1) Alt-Tabbing out changes Crysis to windowed mode for some reason. Fix?

2) Any way to make the iron sights hold instead of toggle?

3) Ninja Snarl said he changed some of the energy consumption etc variables in his Let's Play. How can I do that? :P

It's so nice having a computer that can actually run things without exploding.

Blurbl on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Global Agenda:

...So, did the initial training missions and putzed around a bit. There still seems to be many manz in the hub area I was in. I was in no shortage of bros to brofist, as it were.

That was surprisingly fun, though. It reminds me a lot of Oni (Oh yes, blast from the /past/ there.) and I liked how I could putz around as recon and abuse my rifle to pick off security bots from several rooftops away before waltzing over to go where I needed to go. Its fast, responsive and I had no problem with the build of the recon character or how it controlled third person.

Of course, this was only a brief putz about, but it shows very solid promise (And has in game achievements which spurs on the achievement whore in me.)

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    subedii wrote: »

It's just such a sad wasted opportunity, especially when they say it's something they could achieve, but that they think trying to compete with the big boys of competitive FPS's is the better idea.

I guess I won't be getting it then... :(

Don't let the lack of co-op put you off, it's still a really good game.

I'd at least advise trying the demo.

subedii on
  • WackyfelineWackyfeline Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just throwing it out there that Living Legends has just released its 4.0 beta, so if you are a Mechwarrior nerd and/or love piloting huge robots, you might want to think about getting that Crysis pack.

This version works with Crysis Wars too, so it does take advantage of the better netcode than vanilla Crysis.

Wackyfeline on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Crysis is, what, three years old? And it still makes my computer go CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG. I swear I can still smell the burning fans as my video card slowly chokes to death trying to play that game. And I can play pretty much everything else, including up to the latest releases in games, juuuuust fine. God that game was a resource hog.

Now that said it was a very pretty resource hog with a decent campaign. Just don't get too attached to your video card.

Astale on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy crap, Dirt 2 is so much fun. Everyone get it. 360 controller + cockpit view = amazing.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • RVK250RVK250 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am gettin' in on this Steam action.

I really-really wish COD4 would go on sale, though.

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    RVK250 wrote: »

It did didn't it?

subedii on
    edited December 2010
    It already did. You missed it.

Astale on
    edited December 2010
    Just throwing it out there that Living Legends has just released its 4.0 beta, so if you are a Mechwarrior nerd and/or love piloting huge robots, you might want to think about getting that Crysis pack.

This version works with Crysis Wars too, so it does take advantage of the better netcode than vanilla Crysis.

Man, I forgot all about Living Legends. Bonus! I was sooooo into MechWarrior/BattleTech back in the day.

Which reminds me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

A moment of silence.

Anybody care to link me to some actual gameplay vids from LL to possibly cheer me up?

Gaslight on
    edited December 2010
    Son of a...

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

It WAS on sale.

...last sales.

Jintor on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    damnit, why must steam pause all downloads while playing a game?

Id love to play something while downloading the monstrosity of dragon age.

ManetherenWolf on
    edited December 2010
    How much was it on sale for, BTW?

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    King's Bounty worth buying? The videos look interesting, but I don't know anything about it really.

ManetherenWolf on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    damnit, why must steam pause all downloads while playing a game?

Id love to play something while downloading the monstrosity of dragon age.

You can alt-tab back to the client and resume the download. Annoying, but it works.

Zxerol on
    edited December 2010

Man, I forgot all about Living Legends. Bonus! I was sooooo into MechWarrior/BattleTech back in the day.

Which reminds me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

A moment of silence.

Anybody care to link me to some actual gameplay vids from LL to possibly cheer me up?

Why haven't I heard of that game before? Did it already go belly up or something?

Astale on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Son of a bitch.

I bought the Doom pack today. My wishlist is looking mighty slim now.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »

3) Ninja Snarl said he changed some of the energy consumption etc variables in his Let's Play. How can I do that? :P

1) Try hitting alt-enter, it's the default command to force a window into fullscreen.

2) There should be an option called "simple ironsights". Enabling that will remove the toggle.

3) This guide should help you change the suit values.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A moment of silence.

Son of a...
    What does this mean?

Are you two saying...

Are you two saying that Mechwarrior 5 is dead? D:

EDIT: And I don't mean that legal bullshit with Harmony Gold, I mean publishers-pulled-their-funding devs-closed-up-shop stick-a-fork-in-it dead.

Sorenson on
    edited December 2010
    Sorenson wrote: »
    What does this mean?

Are you two saying...

Are you two saying that Mechwarrior 5 is dead? D:

EDIT: And I don't mean that legal bullshit with Harmony Gold, I mean publishers-pulled-their-funding devs-closed-up-shop stick-a-fork-in-it dead.

Actually my "son of a..." was in response to an unrelated question I had.

I hadn't heard about canceling the Battletech reboot. I hope it isn't true.

If it is... I may have to kill someone.

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How much was it on sale for, BTW?

It was going for 50% off ($15), now it's back to the regular price of $29.99 USD. Hopefully, it'll be featured again in the STEAM encore sales.

Prisca on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Canceled? Maybe, maybe not, but who actually knows what's going on with that game. After that debut trailer and a couple of interviews, complete blackout.

Zxerol on
    edited December 2010
    Basically so far as I know not a word has been heard about the MechWarrior 5/MechWarrior revival game since that trailer was released, which was about a year and a half ago.

At this point it's in the "probable vaporware" category. :(

Gaslight on
    edited December 2010
    And now to actually start playing Dragon Age Origins.

ManetherenWolf on
    edited December 2010
    Well, if it comes out, maybe someday we'll all buy it on Steam.

Hurray for trying to stay on-topic?

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm. Well, better lurking under the radar than flat-out on a slab, I suppose.

Speaking of which, is that Mektek release still using that retarded download client bullshit for all their stuff, or have they finally given up on it and thrown stuff up for FTP download? I've always wanted to snag it, but all the nasty reports about it've kept me at pole's length.

Sorenson on
    edited December 2010

I was considering getting that... but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I don't know why a lot of the medieval fantasy stuff doesn't appeal to me.

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • NovafoxNovafox Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I got a good 80 some hours out of Origins, Warden's Keep and The Stone Prisoner. I thoroughly enjoyed Dragon Age, one of the better RPGs I've played in a while.

Novafox on
    steam_sig.png
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck you Darksiders. You're the only game I have that requires a controller I don't have, and don't want to buy because you don't know how to allow people to use the standard KB&M that all PCs have been using for years.

L Ron Howard on
    edited December 2010
    Oddly enough, I was able to get some games for even cheaper than Steam-sale price at Amazon, recently.

Namely, Transformers WFC, Front Mission Evolved, and HAWX.

Nothing spectacular, but still cheaper.

RVK250 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fiziks wrote: »
    Blurbl wrote: »

1) Try hitting alt-enter, it's the default command to force a window into fullscreen.

2) There should be an option called "simple ironsights". Enabling that will remove the toggle.

3) This guide should help you change the suit values.

Thanks muchly.

Blurbl on