As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Steam lol | We have some classy gents here in this thread.

1565758596062»

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck you Darksiders. You're the only game I have that requires a controller I don't have, and don't want to buy because you don't know how to allow people to use the standard KB&M that all PCs have been using for years.

I... I'm about 16 hours in and using KBAM.

Is it not detecting them, not rebinding keys or what?

subedii on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My individual game purchases always end up biting me in the ass. I think I bought King's Bounty: Armored Princess in last years Holiday Sale (may've been another sale though, I can't remember) and now this pack shows up. It's still cheaper than buying Crossworlds and Legend seperately but I would've saved so much more if I'd just waited to pick up AP.

The Doom and Crysis packs interest me as well but I can afford to wait for another sale (or is that, can't afford to buy them now?).

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck you Darksiders. You're the only game I have that requires a controller I don't have, and don't want to buy because you don't know how to allow people to use the standard KB&M that all PCs have been using for years.

How do you mean? It may not be the optimal way to play but the kb&m works just fine.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It does support KBAM. But it won't let you use a controller at the same time, and it gets really retarded when you have multiple HID devices, from what I've seen. Like, I had a controller plugged in, but it wouldn't work in the game, and because I had the controller plugged in the KBAM inputs were disabled. Ended up having to load up a hack to get it working because I'm not disabling all my HID devices just because some idiot can't code their shit properly.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So how are you able to set it up for KB&M? It only shows the Xbox controller on the setup screen, and none of the keys I press seem to register when browsing through the menu. I don't know if the menu is only mouse driven and then somehow the rest of the game is KB&M. Is there any way to configure the keys at all?

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I'm trying to find a suitable indie pack to gift, but I need games that:

1. aren't timed or are timed very generously (at least for the most part)
    2. don't really have any sort of story or plot to understand the game
    3. rely almost exclusively on the mouse for control
    4. (optional) can be paused (or left alone for indefinite periods) at will

I'm going for a pong-like level of simplicity here. Something similar to Bejeweled 2 (...but not Puzzle Quest which is too complex or has too much superfluous stuff) or Zuma (although probably not quite as hectic). Hopefully I'm not relegated to Zen of Sudoku.

So...any ideas? Even if just 1 or 2 games out of the pack meets the criteria (or possibly if it's not even in a pack).

President Rex on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How do I get my stone dude in DA:O? I just have vanilla.

Also, suggestions for characters? So far I played the origin for a human warrior and most of an elf magi.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damn it. Stupid Kings Bounty going on sale when I have no money left.
    :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Also, suggestions for characters? So far I played the origin for a human warrior and most of an elf magi.

You need the Golem DLC. Can't recall what it's called, but I think it has Stone in the title.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So how are you able to set it up for KB&M? It only shows the Xbox controller on the setup screen, and none of the keys I press seem to register when browsing through the menu. I don't know if the menu is only mouse driven and then somehow the rest of the game is KB&M. Is there any way to configure the keys at all?

It might be recognizing another usb device as a game input device. Saints Row 2 has that same problem, usually with Saitek keyboards. Take a look in device manager for an HID Compliant game controller and try to disable that temporarily.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've made a new thread here.

I win again!

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

You need the Golem DLC. Can't recall what it's called, but I think it has Stone in the title.

The Stone Prisoner. You need to buy it through the Bioware social site with Bioware Funbucks.

It's well worth it. Arguably the best DLC for the game.

Drake on
  • Options
    WackyfelineWackyfeline Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there that Living Legends has just released its 4.0 beta, so if you are a Mechwarrior nerd and/or love piloting huge robots, you might want to think about getting that Crysis pack.

This version works with Crysis Wars too, so it does take advantage of the better netcode than vanilla Crysis.

Man, I forgot all about Living Legends. Bonus! I was sooooo into MechWarrior/BattleTech back in the day.

Which reminds me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

A moment of silence.

Anybody care to link me to some actual gameplay vids from LL to possibly cheer me up?

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZub5gncoY

Been a while since I played but I can confirm that if you liked Netmech or the Battlefield series you'll love this mod, although it's still as buggy as shit. I've actually just got a copy of Crysis on Steam for a friend solely because he's a huge Mechwarrior fan.

Anyway in a bid to save this from majorly derailing the thread, I'm proud to annouce that I've bought a total of 10 games since this sale has started purely from lurking around in this thread. Props to you guys, you've given me an avenue for spending my monies :^:

Wackyfeline on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I leave tomorrow, won't be back until after the sale. You guys have been extraordinarily awesome.

Also, I just finished the story to Just Cause 2. Ending played out almost exactly how I was expecting. That was simply the logical conclusion.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm going for a pong-like level of simplicity here. Something similar to Bejeweled 2 (...but not Puzzle Quest which is too complex or has too much superfluous stuff) or Zuma (although probably not quite as hectic). Hopefully I'm not relegated to Zen of Sudoku.

So...any ideas? Even if just 1 or 2 games out of the pack meets the criteria (or possibly if it's not even in a pack).

Maybe Galcon?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Picked up Rush and Dirt 2 today. It was nice to buy something again after passing every day since Lara Croft was available for $5.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I got the X3 games over the last sale.

Soooo fun. They are still on a "sorta" sale, but if you liked Freelancer, but wanted it to be "bigger", grab X3.

I've started playing Reunion, and so far I have a small empire growing on a border system between the race I am siding with and the Pirates. I just took my first Carrier (cap ship) into the pirate DMZ and beat some face. It felt like Battlestar Galactica.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, Saints Row 2 reminds me of the fun I had in the first GTA 3.

It helps that the entire game doesn't take itself seriously. Hell, the main character doesn't even hide the fact that they're a psychopath.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I got the X3 games over the last sale.

Soooo fun. They are still on a "sorta" sale, but if you liked Freelancer, but wanted it to be "bigger", grab X3.

I've started playing Reunion, and so far I have a small empire growing on a border system between the race I am siding with and the Pirates. I just took my first Carrier (cap ship) into the pirate DMZ and beat some face. It felt like Battlestar Galactica.

I think you are a liar, because your description of your experience as a new-comer to the X series is something other than "bought game, reviewed interface, peed pants, read books/watched TV until there was a different steam sale."

That makes it very different from MY X3 experience.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Maybe Galcon?
    I recommend Plants vs Zombies. While at the end it is a complex game, things are introduced so gradually the most casual of gamers can still pick it up. My mother beat Plants vs Zombies, is what I'm trying to say.

Entriech on
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drake wrote: »

The Stone Prisoner. You need to buy it through the Bioware social site with Bioware Funbucks.

It's well worth it. Arguably the best DLC for the game.

Although I thought they still included The Stone Prisoner with all normal copies of Dragon Age: Origins. If you have to buy it seperately...I'd honestly just buy DA: Ultimate. I think the former is £10 in Bioware points and the latter can easily be bought for £15, and includes the expansion and all DLC.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Honestly, all the Dragon Age DLC, apart from Stone Prisoner and Awakenings, is dogshit. Avoid.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.