As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[JAM MOBA SON] League of Legends: onions suck

nealcmnealcm AlvarianAlvarianRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology
facetious wrote: »
I was really hoping for

League of Jam Totes Son

thread.

wish granted.
Rikushix wrote: »
Oho. You sly dog you.

edit: stop with this jam nonsense

nope
logo.jpg

League of Legends is a DoTA (Defense of the Ancients) style game made by some of the people that worked on DoTA Allstars. It's free to play; but, includes augmentations that you can buy with real money or in-game points.
This should be in the OP

mylife.jpg
20...te-d328mn8.jpg

Get on the G&T vent to play with us (list at bottom), the vent info is stickied at the top of the forum.

There's a ton of info on the game, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel. So, check out:
leagueoflegends.com, the game database provided by Riot (who make the game).
leaguecraft.com, there are a lot of fan sites out there with general information and builds. This is just one; and, it's kinda slow as shit. Regardless of where you look for builds keep in mind, most of them make assumptions that are not clearly conveyed and there are a lot that are just plain bad. Tread lightly.
KillerCodeMonkey's wiki, add your brilliant shit to it.
Game mechanic shit, stuff like how attacks and magic and fuck work.
Rune break-dancing, good info about what runes you should buy.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
THE MOTHER FUCKING CODE
The new code was posted about a page back. It's L R L R D D U U 3 4. It works.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND REAL CASH DOLLA MONIES FOR CHAMPIONS
Zoelef wrote: »
Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.
Cutfang wrote: »
Q: How can I get champions and save money?
A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.
For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.
3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).
This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

I've decided not to deal with updating this obnoxiously coded picture assortment of champions. So go to the LoL wiki for the updated Champion list.

Valiantine has a lovely spreadsheet that you can add your summoner name to.

HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndHNfOGJ1VFNZVVZ6c1NtZVktdXpsTVE&hl=en&authkey=CJPuh4wG#gid=0

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM MooMan or VaLiantine, because I don't understand simple spreadsheets.

Here is a video to help improve your laning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91al_z8Szs

19ZUtIw.png
nealcm on

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MY DICK

IS HARD

Zen Vulgarity on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MOBA DOBA

Kids these days, can't even get that simple thing straight

Also, heres to another year of waiting for replays

In Season One™

Soon™

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    This thread is totes awesome.

Fizban140 on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    This thread is totes awesome.

you're my boy fizban

keep up the good work, son

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    my little mitchell is growing up

yuckers

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Got all the 585 RP champs I wanted.

Now I am faced with a conundrum.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jsw_homemade-strawberry-jam.jpg

totes.jpg

sun.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2010
    my little mitchell is growing up

yuckers

d'aww thanks buddy

how'd that galio 5 deaths 4 minutes game go

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    thats more a marmalade than a jam zen

edit i left like a bitch

and now to try that snake lady

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited December 2010
    oh my god zen

you are the best

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mmm... jam...

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Singed is so much fun, but his total inability to turn the tide of a game is infuriating. By the time you're capable of really Singed-ing, chances are the game is decided. Also, all ranged= one unhappy early Singed.

On the the other hand, laning as LeBlanc against Veigar is the most satisfying thing. Oh, 2/3 of your health left? Watch me dash out of a bush and instantly Q/R you to death. BRILLIANT.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just accidentally clicked on the title for the old thread instead of the 'take me to first unread post' button.

and saw my post about wishing it were Jam Totes Son thread.

And then I clicked the button for realsies and saw Mitchell's post linking to this new thread.

:D

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited December 2010
    PS:
    Caenem wrote: »
    So I sorta feel like doing something stupid and playing Leblanc soon. Seeing as I paid for her and immediately regretted the decision I thought I should get some mileage out of my lost monies. Anyone have any build advice in addition to "mejai's and hope you snowball"?

Rylai's is your bff. Also health is overrated, you have a built-in flash every 10 seconds or so at max, use it. You're support endgame, you silence/slow while you and the carry burst the enemy carry to death.

Btw, LeBlanc is going to be forever UP because she's based around 1v1, and 1v1 is what determines the community bitching and moaning. They'll never buff her to the point where she's truly balanced, because that means she'll reliably get kills and we can't have that can we?

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I'm loving Cass like I suspected I would. 380 AP first game, and 625 AP the second. Both defeats because we had a leaver Morde on the first one, and the second one EVERYONE locked in squishies, and I instantly regretted locking in at all and not queue dodging. They proceeded to not surrender after turtling for the last half of our 75 minute game. I've never been so tempted to leave. And of course they were all cocky Spanish speaking guys who trash talked the enemy team in English, and refused to speak in English to me even after I asked if they could, and they said yes.

Ahem, sorry, SoloQQ woes.

None the less, the main point of this is that I love Cass, and having her Twin Fang on as Smartcast instead of click-cast like normal is SOOO MUCH EASIER. I might see about changing a few skills to Smartcast from now on.

And I'll probably buy her after this rotation.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    edited December 2010
    Btw, how do I build/skill-order/generally play Kennen? I tried him for the first time and had fun, but was woefully underpowered because I did recommended items and leveled my skills equally.

*edit* Also, what is smartcast? I've seen it mentioned but know nothing about it/have never used it, which I'm sure is a mistake at my level.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Smartcast = you skill shot in the direction you're facing

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GREATEST THREAD

EVER

interrobang on
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Btw, how do I build/skill-order/generally play Kennen? I tried him for the first time and had fun, but was woefully underpowered because I did recommended items and leveled my skills equally.

*edit* Also, what is smartcast? I've seen it mentioned but know nothing about it/have never used it, which I'm sure is a mistake at my level.

I never heard of Smartcast until the Cass Spotlight. Go into your keybindings menu in game, scroll down a little, and you'll see Smartcast Spell 1-4, and they are all [Shift]+[Q] through [R]. Basically, Smartcast casts said spell immediately where your cursor is if there's a valid target there. Like Karthus' Q, and Cass' Q. So, making Twin Fangs Smartcast on E, instead of normal cast, I can poison someone, and chase them while clicking E with my mouse hovering over them instead of freaking clicking E, and then selecting said champion. It removes a lot of mouse movement and complexity out of the equation, as well as lag time from click to click.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I'm loving Cass like I suspected I would. 380 AP first game, and 625 AP the second. Both defeats because we had a leaver Morde on the first one, and the second one EVERYONE locked in squishies, and I instantly regretted locking in at all and not queue dodging. They proceeded to not surrender after turtling for the last half of our 75 minute game. I've never been so tempted to leave. And of course they were all cocky Spanish speaking guys who trash talked the enemy team in English, and refused to speak in English to me even after I asked if they could, and they said yes.

Ahem, sorry, SoloQQ woes.

None the less, the main point of this is that I love Cass, and having her Twin Fang on as Smartcast instead of click-cast like normal is SOOO MUCH EASIER. I might see about changing a few skills to Smartcast from now on.

And I'll probably buy her after this rotation.

How do you change a single skill to smartcast? Like I know there's the default shift+e or whatever, and that you can rebind that to just e, but is there a way to change it so like only Cass's E is on smartcast by default?

edit: Nevermind, seems like you just rebound it, which would mean you would have to change it back when you play another character, or just always have E on smartcast.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mighty crabgot kills bears

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm sad sniper girl isn't out this week.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
    edited December 2010
    I never heard of Smartcast until the Cass Spotlight. Go into your keybindings menu in game, scroll down a little, and you'll see Smartcast Spell 1-4, and they are all [Shift]+[Q] through [R]. Basically, Smartcast casts said spell immediately where your cursor is if there's a valid target there. Like Karthus' Q, and Cass' Q. So, making Twin Fangs Smartcast on E, instead of normal cast, I can poison someone, and chase them while clicking E with my mouse hovering over them instead of freaking clicking E, and then selecting said champion. It removes a lot of mouse movement and complexity out of the equation, as well as lag time from click to click.

So, you skillshot where your mouse is?

Holy shit

My game is forever changed.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Rylai's Scepter is a typical core Kennen item. Zhonya's can also be good. I guess something like Doran's Shield to start then Merc Treads (Sorc Shoes if they don't have much affected CC), Rylai's, Zhonya's would be good.

I like to max W first and definitely have one point in both of the others, can go either way on whether you max Q or E secondary.

In a solo lane trying to actually hit people with your E can be dangerous, depending on the situation, but it's great for getting in position to nail them with a Shuriken and/or some auto-attacks. Use W every time you can of course. Try to load up your W auto-attack passive on creeps then hit the enemy champ with it when it's up, so you can add an extra Mark.

Always try to pop your passive stuns when you two marks if you can, obviously.

He's not too terribly difficult, but the Q being a skill shot and the importance of positioning makes him moderately so.

In teamfights you pretty much just wait for your tank to init, then follow him in, turn on your ultimate, E through everyone, W, kite people around, etc. Kennen is kind of suicidal by nature so your goal is just to get off as much damage as you can in a short burst and Flash out if you can. He does wicked AoE damage though.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, Smartcast is pretty incredible I too had no idea it existed until the Cass spotlight.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Start with a Dorans Sheild, rush a Rylais and pick up boots 1 along the way, then Merc Treds, then either Zhonyas or Abyssal Scepter depending on how the game is going.

For masteries I like Tracer's 9/21/0, with the AP stuff in offense.

You can start by maxing either Q or W. I haven't personally tried maxing W first but I've heard it works. Q does a ton of damage early game, and W is great for general harassment, especially if you have the pleasure of being the 1 in a 2v1 lane.

In teamfights, wait for the fight to start, run in, ult, stun everyone, win fight. Repeat until game is won.

IncognitoEsq on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I'm thinking Caitlyn looks fun and I plan on building her AS/Crit.

Doran/Boot
    BF Sword
    Pick Axe + Tier 2 Boots
    Infinity Edge
    Phantom Dancer
    Sword of the Divine
    Phantom/Bloodthirster

I can't wait to try it even if it will probably end up failing miserably

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hay guys there a green dot over your teammate's portrait to tell you if their ult is off CD or not

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    hay guys there a green dot over your teammate's portrait to tell you if their ult is off CD or not

I found that out maybe a week or two ago after having played for about six months. I felt foolish

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I dont think I'll ever play a hero that scales poorly late game.

Back to back hour long rounds are misery incarnate.

BlueDestiny on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    These are all interesting things we are discovering

also I suppose I can give into this jam debauchery

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    These are all interesting things we are discovering

also I suppose I can give into this jam debauchery

just

as

planned

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey I went 7/2/11 my first game as Cass.

she's pretty fun, but I felt underpowered. the only reason I was successful is because my team was Cass/Twitch/Alistair/Shen/Poppy. I dunno if that's actually good, but when Alistair and Poppy weren't bashing my would-be assailants every which direction, Shen was periodically taunting and ulting to save my ass

Q > E spam melts squishies, but the range is so pitiful, I feel like DPS twisted fate

Feels Good Man on
  • SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    oh my god zen

you are the best

we all know Zen is just stealing things that I posted a long time ago

damn you zen

Unrelated: I need to play this game more often, but I pick the worst times to get in the mood for it. 4:30 AM? Hrm I wonder why no one is in Vent...

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really dislike feeders. Kat and Akali were averaging about 1 death/min between the two. It was so terrible to watch, I just wanted to cry.

Mroletta == Xicotencatl
    terrible.jpg

But then the fun-level of my next game made up for it.
    Blitz_14_0_12_1.jpg

MrOletta on
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think that's one of the first times I've seen an akali feed so hard. I'm actually impressed by it.

Also that Eve on your team is called FuzzyLumpkins.

That is the greatest Eve ever.

olliedag on
  • MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    olliedag wrote: »
    I think that's one of the first times I've seen an akali feed so hard. I'm actually impressed by it.

Also that Eve on your team is called FuzzyLumpkins.

That is the greatest Eve ever.

I, too, was impressed. In fact it was missed by the SS, but I typed in chat that I was so impressed that I was screen shotting it. They were not amused :<

MrOletta on
    edited December 2010
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »
    oh my god zen

you are the best

we all know Zen is just stealing things that I posted a long time ago

damn you zen

Unrelated: I need to play this game more often, but I pick the worst times to get in the mood for it. 4:30 AM? Hrm I wonder why no one is in Vent...

yeah i know, you are the best best

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    just had a game confirming my bestness

ownzone'd an Eve so hard that she ragequit

was definitely all me and not anyone else nope

best best

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Best thing is when you're the carry and you buy an oracle, but it's OK because YOU NEVER DIE!!!

Pacificstar on
This discussion has been closed.