As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Map On] Creating world maps

suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Critical Failures
My current game is going along rather well but I want to have the players have a physical map that they can look at. Right now, I am attempting to use a fractal map generator and edit it in Paint.NET.

So I was wondering, do you guys have any tips or tricks? Any programs you can suggest?

Valseki.png
My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
suadeo on

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    For programs, all I use is a good old fashioned pencil+paper, inking it later with india ink.

And if I feel like it, I can then use teabags to make it feel more authentic.

I tried to use computer-generated maps. It didn't work very well. It's kinda... difficult to get the exact features you want.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You may want to check out Campaign Cartographer. It has a bunch of pre-made fantasty-esque icons/symbols/options.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've searched for a good world-mapping program for some time now but nothing seems to grab me. I'll keep a close eye on this thread.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Photoshop and a Tablet... that's really the best I've found so far.

AcidSerra on