As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blight of the Immortals]

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Annihilation

IT BEGINS. AGAIN.

Elder Wood looks PROPER fucked. 268 zombie ents? Jesus.

Imperfect on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Penny Arcadia

And you guys managed to keep me alive. Good work.

PolloDiablo on
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking: Zombie trolls grow fast. Hard is definitely the way to go.

I won't lie. I breathed a sigh of relief when that 200+ troll army rolled northeast and not southwest.

...and then a 124 strength army popped up a few hours later.

Paradiso on
  • Bro Chi MinhBro Chi Minh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That Ent blob is up to 240 now, I'll be able to Trance and then Hunt them if (when) they move on me though, that + travel time decay should put them down to less than 100.

Bro Chi Minh on
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am a total turtling bitch atm. I'm just using my Enchantresses to push back the zombie hordes to then move up my dwarves and construct defenses.

But given that my neighbor in Annihilation is getting torn into a dozen pieces, I can't help but think that that is the correct path. :P

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    edited December 2010
    Annihilation

Uh, well.

So did anyone else notice that our new 24h tick will be at like 6AM EST? Anyone else interested in me pausing it when I go to bed tonight to try to get that to line up with midafternoon or so?

Imperfect on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Annihilation

Uh, well.

So did anyone else notice that our new 24h tick will be at like 6AM EST? Anyone else interested in me pausing it when I go to bed tonight to try to get that to line up with midafternoon or so?

What kind of namby-pamby game are you guys playing over there? 'Pause'? The dead don't rest and neither should you!

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Annihilation

Uh, well.

Really, it doesn't matter. The clock is still counting even when you haven't rolled. So if it hits at 6, but we aren't online til 9, once we do roll, the timer will be at 21 hours, not 24.

InkSplat on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking
    That Ent blob is up to 240 now, I'll be able to Trance and then Hunt them if (when) they move on me though, that + travel time decay should put them down to less than 100.

I'm moving my entire army north to try and help you out, and Paradiso next.

Will take a few days to capture Brutal Hold, but I can use it as a staging point to nuke away your Ent problem with my shamans.

God do I love shamans.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited December 2010
    kedinik wrote: »
    Dead Men Walking

I'm moving my entire army north to try and help you out, and Paradiso next.

Will take a few days to capture Brutal Hold, but I can use it as a staging point to nuke away your Ent problem with my shamans.

God do I love shamans.

Great, I've got Trolls on the way to take Boar Tooth Town, I was going to hit the Ents with them but if you're confident you can take Brutal Hold and nuke those Ents I can send them elsewhere (probably East Hold and then Misty Cataract, since it looks like Musan is taking the Orc Crossroads).

Bro Chi Minh on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The feared Zombie Wizards appear to have not damaged my dwarfs. Somehow.

But the magic messages show they were hit by it.

Darian on
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

Musan is credit to team. Thanks for rallying your lads to help fend off the Blight. I hope we can hold.

Paradiso on
    edited December 2010
    28th December 2010
    The Trade Envoy can now be used 4 times every 24 hours rather that every 3 hours. This should make it easier for players who only want to log in once or twice a day. We are working on some units that will increase a players trade rate. You may need to clear your browsers cache in order to receive the new flash game client.

Darian on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited December 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    28th December 2010
    The Trade Envoy can now be used 4 times every 24 hours rather that every 3 hours. This should make it easier for players who only want to log in once or twice a day. We are working on some units that will increase a players trade rate. You may need to clear your browsers cache in order to receive the new flash game client.

Pretty slick. Opening of games is going to be beautiful chaos, now.

Isle of Sodor is safe once again. 'Grats, stopgap, on the win. 717 to glin's 704. Huge scores.

Tiger Burning on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Annihilation
    Hah, managed to beat two armies in a row with my trolls, with 1 surviving. And then the town rewarded me with coins!

How do I tell how long it's going to take for reinforcements to reach a unit, before purchasing them? I really need some ent reinforcements at Wolvesgate, but it'll almost wipe out my green coins, and if they won't reach me in time, I'd rather not waste them.

For that matter, what happens to reinforcements purchased, if the unit they're reinforcing dies before they arrive?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Sodor is safe once again. 'Grats, stopgap, on the win. 717 to glin's 704. Huge scores.

Yeah that was close, I'm surprised I got so much honor seeing how I was just trying to beat back the zombie ents the whole game. Grats, stopgap. Also found out that undead merchants not only trash the markets of the city they are at but whatever they attack as well, even if they lose. It might be a bug because the two times it happened I got a message with zombie_merchant_strike in the subject and no message.

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just started a new (easy) game and bought the merchant town near blue. You can see it at the top of the screen. He retaliated by buying the gnomes near my territory and went on to cap another town

dqFHV.jpg

He wants the merchant town back. Initially I refused because he is grabbing nearby towns with his gnomes but recently has given me the two towns (Stout Knoll & Iron Thorn) back in exchange. Then again, he's moving towards that yellow fort. Should I demand that he back down? Or am I being a dick

lol... this game is so fun

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    edited December 2010
    You were being a dick from the moment you took the Merchants, since you can't make new armies of them, and therefore can't really get much use out of them.

InkSplat on
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Move the merchants through friendly, well-developed territory to exploit their special ability, and give him back the merchant town. You can trade it for towns he took.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    InkSplat wrote: »
    You were being a dick from the moment you took the Merchants, since you can't make new armies of them, and therefore can't really get much use out of them.

Yeah, this is your bad dude. Even if you had blue as one of your main colors it would have been a real dick move to take those merchants in any case.

Vic on
    edited December 2010
    Things are fluid, it being a new game. Norms of behavior haven't really been established yet, but I think as a rule of thumb it's considered rude to take a city close to another's starting location that's in one of their colors.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. It's a competitive game as well as being co-op, and how you approach it is up to you. But it is a pretty aggressive move, and you should expect others to retaliate in kind if you go that route.

Tiger Burning on
    edited December 2010
    Things are fluid, it being a new game. Norms of behavior haven't really been established yet, but I think as a rule of thumb it's considered rude to take a city close to another's starting location that's in one of their colors.

Especially Merchants from the Men of the West. Everything they have is defensive, so they really need that the Merchants to power up their economy in order to put out an offensive force.

Right now, in our Very Hard game, I'm dead last, simply because I'm only just now getting an army with enough guys to be useful.

I'm honestly not sure if Men of the West can even win a game, to be honest. They're just too defensive to rack up much honor.

InkSplat on
    edited December 2010

Especially Merchants from the Men of the West. Everything they have is defensive, so they really need that the Merchants to power up their economy in order to put out an offensive force.

Right now, in our Very Hard game, I'm dead last, simply because I'm only just now getting an army with enough guys to be useful.

I'm honestly not sure if Men of the West can even win a game, to be honest. They're just too defensive to rack up much honor.

Yeah, the map itself could use some balancing. I'm excited to see new maps, and eventually the random map generator.

What I did as the men of the west was take various cyclops cities around the map, then moved my merchants up into the yellow cities to start pumping out yellow to keep those cities generating reinforcements as fast as they could, close to the action. I still only finished in the middle of the pack, though.

Tiger Burning on
    edited December 2010
    So, I've got some immortal zombie dwarves hanging out in one of my cities, drinking fey booze and generally being disorderly.

How do I get rid of them?

Paradiso on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Paradiso wrote: »
    So, I've got some immortal zombie dwarves hanging out in one of my cities, drinking fey booze and generally being disorderly.

How do I get rid of them?

you get a disgusting horde of trolls to Marsh Stomp their asses

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

Zombie dwarves strike again, obliterating both level 4 walls on my eastern front in the last couple days. I'm frantically rebuilding and sending reinforcements, but that newest zombie force is going to be trouble.

In brighter news, a squadron of brave [strike]cyclops[/strike] [strike]cyclopses[/strike] [strike]cyclopii[/strike] one-eyed-dudes are marching to liberate Eldercourt.

Paradiso on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Vic wrote: »

Yeah, this is your bad dude. Even if you had blue as one of your main colors it would have been a real dick move to take those merchants in any case.

I don't know if it can be called being a dick in a competitive game. I mean, merchants are a pretty big advantage..i wouldn't let an opponent have one and use it to create massive armies to rack up honor if i could prevent it.

On an unrelated note, anyone else getting increasingly dissapointed in the difficulty? dead men walking- hard is coming to an end and I didn't feel remotely in danger once during the entire game. it was just "make armies, crush neighboring zombies, rinse, repeat"

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It feels like there are 3 player locations that are continuously pressured by dangerous zombies. I suppose if you didn't feel much difficulty you could declare war on a buddy.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think you can still browse the couple of games that are using the other maps. Ooh, I can't wait to play.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    edited December 2010

I don't know if it can be called being a dick in a competitive game. I mean, merchants are a pretty big advantage..i wouldn't let an opponent have one and use it to create massive armies to rack up honor if i could prevent it.

On an unrelated note, anyone else getting increasingly dissapointed in the difficulty? dead men walking- hard is coming to an end and I didn't feel remotely in danger once during the entire game. it was just "make armies, crush neighboring zombies, rinse, repeat"

Very Hard seems like it might be a challenge. I'm not sure yet, honestly.

I can't believe people complained that the game was too hard previously and got it nerfed.. cause yeesh, it totally isn't.

InkSplat on
    edited December 2010

I can't believe people complained that the game was too hard previously and got it nerfed.. cause yeesh, it totally isn't.

Yeah, shamen and trolls need to be seriously nerfed. Maybe wizards, too. % based damage is just too good, and after a certain point it makes the game trivial.

Tiger Burning on
    edited December 2010

Yeah, shamen and trolls need to be seriously nerfed. Maybe wizards, too. % based damage is just too good, and after a certain point it makes the game trivial.

It is pretty ridiculous trying to build up an army of wizards though. 2 per shot, and they deal % = number, once per hour, for 6 hours. So, really, if you have 10 wizards, and 100 trolls, you're dealing 10 damage to them on the first hour, 9 damage to them the second, 8 on the third, and so on and so forth. Yes, it's still going to eat away at them, but in their place, 10 shamans could wipe those trolls out in one go.

InkSplat on
    edited December 2010
    This game is hilarious. My highest level general is a Nymph. I don't know whether to send her on badass stealth ninja missions, or write exceedingly creepy fanfiction about her.

Let's do both.

Paradiso on
    edited December 2010
    I get the feeling though, that this game hasn't seen organized groups in it yet. The open beta probably attracted a bunch of singles or pairs that joined kingdoms where some people dropped out or didn't understand the co-operative nature of the game very well.

We might be its first pre-cohesive group yet, which wildly tips the balancing scales in our favour.

Imperfect on
    edited December 2010
    I'm getting hammered by bugs right now in Annihilation; just lost 39 out of my 45 Cyclops, painfully scrounged up at great cost over the last few days, because the fortification bonus at Eyenaught wasn't calculated properly so they (45+20) fought instead of my dwarfs (5+60).
    It should have been dwarfs (5+80) safely laughing at the attack from behind their walls.

And I've got another set of dwarfs not receiving the fort doubling at the moment; if that isn't fixed next hour, I'm going to lose Goat Dale.

Darian on
    edited December 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    I'm getting hammered by bugs right now in Annihilation; just lost 39 out of my 45 Cyclops, painfully scrounged up at great cost over the last few days, because the fortification bonus at Eyenaught wasn't calculated properly so they (45+20) fought instead of my dwarfs (5+60).
    It should have been dwarfs (5+80) safely laughing at the attack from behind their walls.

And I've got another set of dwarfs not receiving the fort doubling at the moment; if that isn't fixed next hour, I'm going to lose Goat Dale.

I'm having the same issue, but I think I figured out what causes it. If you start to build fortifications and then immediately use your dwarves power, it like loses the building fortifications from the queue sort of. They still build, and if you move out and back in it'll calculate right, but if you just sit there, it never applies the bonus for the walls you built because you sort of jumped over them.

So you need to dwarf up the walls and then build.

InkSplat on
    edited December 2010
    Still doesn't explain why the dwarfs are seeing level 3 forts at the same time that a cyclops is getting level 2, though. And Goat Dale I haven't been doing anything to the walls recently, just built the dwarf there a few hours back. But yeah, I'll try moving them out and back, see if it recalculates properly.

Darian on
    edited December 2010
    I now have a level 14 Troll army, that means a minimum dice roll of 14 and a max of 84.

I'll be honest with you, it's pretty boss.

Bro Chi Minh on
    edited December 2010
    Frak; I just realized that even though I haven't been losing the battles to hold my cities, it has spawned undead dwarfs in two of them, wiping out their fortifications. These bugs are going to be the death of me!

Darian on
    edited December 2010
    Ack. Defended a city, only to have 8 new zombies spawn inside it with move orders to head deeper into my territory.

Luckily I had camped an army just outside the city so they wouldn't accidentally take part in the battle, but that is definitely going to cause problems if it keeps up.

InkSplat on