As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[JAM MOBA SON] League of Legends: onions suck

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow Cass.

She's so much fun.

Just like purple explosions and fangs everywhere at all times.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The lack of the range indicator when smart casting is alittle jarring to me so I find smart casting hard. But I guess in the end its one of those things where if you know your ranges without the crutch of the indicator you can throw down and run instead of hobble.

cptrugged on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't understand how someone can have over 800 wins and still manage to suck hard with Ez.
    Yesterday I had two sessions where I would log in, play a game, win with a good team and then try another match because I was riding the good game high and the second team was just so terrible I wanted to smash myself in the face with my keyboard.

Fellhand on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    hay guys there a green dot over your teammate's portrait to tell you if their ult is off CD or not

I found that out maybe a week or two ago after having played for about six months. I felt foolish
    The green dot is broken as shit, don't rely on it.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, talk to me about how to play Sivir. I need to learn an AD ranged carry. Right now I'm following Zen's recommendation to just build Chalice -> Boots of choice -> Stark's Fervor -> BF Sword items, but what I really need is tips on how to not get eaten in the teamfight phase.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    so i have gotten a five and a half minute dragon with olaf with cloth and pots

is it better to go with scepter, instead or maybe elixir

i'm sure i can't pull off a warwick time but i was hoping for 5 flat, is it possible

Organichu on
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Btw, how do I build/skill-order/generally play Kennen? I tried him for the first time and had fun, but was woefully underpowered because I did recommended items and leveled my skills equally.

*edit* Also, what is smartcast? I've seen it mentioned but know nothing about it/have never used it, which I'm sure is a mistake at my level.

Start with a Dorans Sheild, rush a Rylais and pick up boots 1 along the way, then Merc Treds, then either Zhonyas or Abyssal Scepter depending on how the game is going.

For masteries I like Tracer's 9/21/0, with the AP stuff in offense.

You can start by maxing either Q or W. I haven't personally tried maxing W first but I've heard it works. Q does a ton of damage early game, and W is great for general harassment, especially if you have the pleasure of being the 1 in a 2v1 lane.

In teamfights, wait for the fight to start, run in, ult, stun everyone, win fight. Repeat until game is won.

Completely wrong, in teamfights, what you do is go

"Someone want to initiate?"
    "No? No one? Ok, here I go"
    "ZOOOM ZOOOM MOTHERFUCKERS!!"
    Proceed to take their whole team down to half, while they scatter, because for some reason being inside Kennen's circle of doom is scary.

Then let the rest of your team mop up while you ZOOM ZOOM away JUST before getting anally violated to death, and then complain that Zen is stealing your kills.

Or, show up last to teamfights, and using your beautiful Rylai's scepter land that perfectly clutch Q to slow somone down, then keep them slowed/stunned just long enough for them to never escape.

Never escape.

But yeah, seriously;

Doran's Shield+Hp pot
    First trip back: TRY for a Giant's Belt+Boots 1
    2nd trip back: Finish Rylai's and Boots 2
    Next get a Zhonya's Ring or an Abyssal Scepter, the Abyssal if you could be doing better, the Zhonya's ring if you're a straight G.
    Build whichever of the above you didn't build
    Aegis of the Legion
    Guardian Angel

9/21/0

Exhaust+Ignite

Magic pen reds and magic pen blues, CDR yellows, flat health quints.

Use your exhaust to 1)Completely shut down physical carries(that Ashe' being a total butt in teamfights? No more) 2)To completely ensure a runner cannot escape your ninja-brand-justice

Oh, and you CAN mid very well, Kennen's probably one of the best mids in the game. What you want to do is be super aggressive, there are very few people who can outharass you.

Just don't push your lane too far, and once you hit level 6 you should be perfectly capable of killing something. And make sure you disappear from time to time to use your ultimate on top and bottom lanes.

Edit: Generally, I like to sidelane as Kennen, but midding is perfectly viable. I would say take mid over the sidelane if they have a super-annoying character mid. Your Ashe doesn't wanna handle Vlad? No problem, Kennen does things to Vlad that I can't even write about here without contacting the FCC.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, once you get a Rylai's, remember to kite while running away, carefully timed Q's and W's will make it so you cannot be caught. And at any point, if you have your ultimate, don't be afraid to use it just so you can escape.

TracerBullet on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, talk to me about how to play Sivir. I need to learn an AD ranged carry. Right now I'm following Zen's recommendation to just build Chalice -> Boots of choice -> Stark's Fervor -> BF Sword items, but what I really need is tips on how to not get eaten in the teamfight phase.

Blah, I wrote almost a mini-guide last thread. Here it is again:
    You're right, the changes didn't change her a lot, except that her Q scales with damage (which in of itself is HUGE). I don't recommend split pushing until after the team fight is over. So team fight starts, your team wins it because you are there. Your team starts pushing, you teleport to a different lane and push it at the same time. By the other team is up you have pushed at least 1 tower and have got a 2nd tower most of the way gone.

Don't underestimate the value of the your W in a team fight. Click it on and attack the closest enemy that you can safely attack. The damage on W is based on your attack damage, but doesn't pass along crit or on-hit effects. Attack the tank, and even though you didn't do much damage to him your ricochet damage is passing down their team. Don't underestimate it's value!

One of the biggest things with Sivir is understanding where to stand and being able to predict skill shots (for spell shield). Once you get good at it, you'll spell shield all kinds of shit (ashe arrows, zil time bombs, mordekaiser ults, garen ults, tryndamere chicken, etc etc). Being good at spell shield separates the good SIvirs from the great Sivirs. It can also save your team. I can't count the number of times I walked into Ashe's ult with a spell shield on, ate it, and saved my team because I ruined the enemy's initiation.

As far as summoners, I run cleanse teleport. Between spell shield and cleanse, you're pretty fucking hard to kill. If you're really getting focused you can grab a banshee veil for double bubble. With a BV, spell shield, AND cleanse you are nigh uncatchable. Almost Nidalee levels of uncatchable.

I use my ult to chase/in the middle of a team fight and also to RUN AWAY. If you're trying to split push, save your ult for running away. If you have a creep wave with you, between your Q and your W you'll kill the enemy creep wave and maintain yours until your next wave comes up. If you see the enemy coming to intercept you, you can use spell shield and your R to get out (or beat them down, depending on who it is). Ultimate + spell shield is one of the best escapes in the game.

As far as building items, build your main damage item (generally should be a BT because you can charge it up really fast) and then your AS item. I REALLY like Sword of the Divine. Its active is like getting a second personal ult, and it's passive is pretty damn good as well. In a typical game nearly 1/3 of my total damage output will be magic damage. That's pretty decent diversity in damage, and that's built up by the SoD procs and your Q damage.

For runes, I run HP quints, scaling AD marks, and either dodge yellows and MR blues, or full scaling mp/5 blues and yellows.

I like the AD marks for two reasons. First, the AD not only effects your auto attacks, it also gets rolled into your Q damage. Second, armor pen doesn't apply to your ricochet bounces, but attack damage does. So the scaling AD marks gives you that much more AOE damage.

For masteries I often go 9/21/0. One of the biggest things with Sivir is having the durability/positioning to get your auto attacks off during a team fight. Having points in veteran's scars and the top of the defensive tree really helps that. The 9 in offense go into the AP mastery and magic pen to make your Q that much more powerful.

If I take the first set of runes (no MP/5) i'll go manamune. Otherwise I'll take doran's blade first.

Hope that's helpful for you. Or someone can tell me I'm an idiot, and that's fine too.

As a slight update, I ran 21/9/0 yesterday with MP/5 runes. 21 points did not include attack speed, rather it was the magic pen stuff, and base damage booster skills. 9 points did not include dodge, but instead picked up strength of spirit for the extra regen because that build is squishier.

If you run the MP/5 build you have to be a lot more careful about spamming your abilities (particularly leaving W on).

Pacificstar on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's an improvement over DOBA at least.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    we need some doba yo

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Blah, I wrote almost a mini-guide last thread. Here it is again:
    You're right, the changes didn't change her a lot, except that her Q scales with damage (which in of itself is HUGE). I don't recommend split pushing until after the team fight is over. So team fight starts, your team wins it because you are there. Your team starts pushing, you teleport to a different lane and push it at the same time. By the other team is up you have pushed at least 1 tower and have got a 2nd tower most of the way gone.

Don't underestimate the value of the your W in a team fight. Click it on and attack the closest enemy that you can safely attack. The damage on W is based on your attack damage, but doesn't pass along crit or on-hit effects. Attack the tank, and even though you didn't do much damage to him your ricochet damage is passing down their team. Don't underestimate it's value!

One of the biggest things with Sivir is understanding where to stand and being able to predict skill shots (for spell shield). Once you get good at it, you'll spell shield all kinds of shit (ashe arrows, zil time bombs, mordekaiser ults, garen ults, tryndamere chicken, etc etc). Being good at spell shield separates the good SIvirs from the great Sivirs. It can also save your team. I can't count the number of times I walked into Ashe's ult with a spell shield on, ate it, and saved my team because I ruined the enemy's initiation.

As far as summoners, I run cleanse teleport. Between spell shield and cleanse, you're pretty fucking hard to kill. If you're really getting focused you can grab a banshee veil for double bubble. With a BV, spell shield, AND cleanse you are nigh uncatchable. Almost Nidalee levels of uncatchable.

I use my ult to chase/in the middle of a team fight and also to RUN AWAY. If you're trying to split push, save your ult for running away. If you have a creep wave with you, between your Q and your W you'll kill the enemy creep wave and maintain yours until your next wave comes up. If you see the enemy coming to intercept you, you can use spell shield and your R to get out (or beat them down, depending on who it is). Ultimate + spell shield is one of the best escapes in the game.

As far as building items, build your main damage item (generally should be a BT because you can charge it up really fast) and then your AS item. I REALLY like Sword of the Divine. Its active is like getting a second personal ult, and it's passive is pretty damn good as well. In a typical game nearly 1/3 of my total damage output will be magic damage. That's pretty decent diversity in damage, and that's built up by the SoD procs and your Q damage.

For runes, I run HP quints, scaling AD marks, and either dodge yellows and MR blues, or full scaling mp/5 blues and yellows.

I like the AD marks for two reasons. First, the AD not only effects your auto attacks, it also gets rolled into your Q damage. Second, armor pen doesn't apply to your ricochet bounces, but attack damage does. So the scaling AD marks gives you that much more AOE damage.

For masteries I often go 9/21/0. One of the biggest things with Sivir is having the durability/positioning to get your auto attacks off during a team fight. Having points in veteran's scars and the top of the defensive tree really helps that. The 9 in offense go into the AP mastery and magic pen to make your Q that much more powerful.

If I take the first set of runes (no MP/5) i'll go manamune. Otherwise I'll take doran's blade first.

Hope that's helpful for you. Or someone can tell me I'm an idiot, and that's fine too.

As a slight update, I ran 21/9/0 yesterday with MP/5 runes. 21 points did not include attack speed, rather it was the magic pen stuff, and base damage booster skills. 9 points did not include dodge, but instead picked up strength of spirit for the extra regen because that build is squishier.

If you run the MP/5 build you have to be a lot more careful about spamming your abilities (particularly leaving W on).

That's very helpful, thanks! I think I'll run MP/5 seals and still grab manamune in my first couple games, just to get a hang of her.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    edited December 2010
    Glad it was helpful! Stacking regen seals with Manamune is kind of a waste. Manamune is all the Mana regen/mana you'll ever need if you take it. Taking both is overkill. If you're gonna Manamune grab dodge seals or something else survival related

Pacificstar on
    edited December 2010
    we need some doba yo
    We jam totes don't son.

Bethryn on
    edited December 2010
    jam

undeinPirat on
    edited December 2010
    Totes

Pacificstar on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    son

Feels Good Man on
    edited December 2010
    jam
    Totes
    son

Pacificstar on
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The pure awesomeness of the posts above has shocked me .. Excuse me whilst I go recover from this overdose of awesome.

olliedag on
    edited December 2010
    They need to release another champion with cool build synergies.

Bethryn on
    edited December 2010
    I always read "undeinPirat" as "Underwear Pirate". Help me understand why

Pacificstar on
    edited December 2010
    literally everyone does

i think i stumbled onto some sort of psychological discovery with this name

undeinPirat on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think i'm the only person in the world who reads it as and a pirate

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    undee
    hnnn
    pee
    rot

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oooon

deehhhh

eeeeen

Peeeeeee

Roooooooo

Zen Vulgarity on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Waiting for Pirat

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited December 2010
    I think i'm the only person in the world who reads it as and a pirate
    und ein Pirat is how I see it too.

Bethryn on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    undie prat

Feldorn on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    underage brats

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to knock all of your heads together.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    I'm going to knock all of your heads together.
    strangest pronunciation yet

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Must be a Canadian thing.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited December 2010
    Eh?

Pacificstar on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    maple syrup

unintentional on
    edited December 2010
    Going off-topic for a moment, early counter-jungling against certain junglers seems to be extremely strong at the moment. The change to on-levelling health gain hasn't hurt jungling potential so much as speed, but it does leave a few junglers very vulnerable in their first rotation.

Bethryn on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tim Hortons

Eh..

cptrugged on
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Undying prat? I dunno.

Also yeah, because of the change to health recovery on level up, early game conter jungling has really gone up, and if you mess some junglers up early, it can really screw up thier game.

Rammus for example, you kill him early in jungle, and by the time he respawns, the neutral monsters will be too stong for him to take quickly.

olliedag on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alternatively, making Shaco cry by popping his boxes.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Alternatively, making Shaco cry by popping his boxes.

Until he uses Exhaust on you and walks away with an easy first blood

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, walking into a patch of boxes is suicide at any point in the game

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that's why you go with 5 people not 1

Jars on
This discussion has been closed.