As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Games and Technology
NEWS

10/10/2011:

First DLC info dropped via Gamestop. The links are now down, but earlier today (10/10) Gamestop had posted:

Robin Character Pack - $6.99 (Nov 22nd, 2011)
Batman: Arkham City Skins Pack - $4.99 (Dec 6th, 2011)

No details on which or how many skins are contained in the 'skins pack'. Also, a 3rd DLC pack was posted on GAF but with no link (that I can find) so not sure if legit or not.

Nightwing character pack - $6.99 (Nov 1st, 2011)

It's been revealed through the PS3 Trophy List that Nightwing is a playable character, so a character pack isn't surprising. But again, the other two had links to Gamestop pages, this one did not

9/20/2011:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/20/bata-clang-batman-arkham-city-pc-version-delayed-until-november/
PCGamer wrote:
Well, this has ruined an otherwise lovely day. We’ve just heard from a Warner Bros rep that the PC version of Batman: Arkham City will be delayed. There’s no release date set, yet; it’ll be arriving at an unspecified date in November. No reason was given for the delay to the PC version of the game, which was originally planned to be released alongside console versions on October 18. If we had to guess; making PC games is hard.

9/6/2011:

Batman: Arkham City is a Games For Windows Live title
Eurogamer wrote:
Batman: Arkham City is a Games for Windows Live title, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive has confirmed to Eurogamer.

This comes following a Tweet from digital retailer Green Man Gaming, which claimed it had been told by Warner that Rocksteady's game was "Games for Windows but NOT a Games for Windows 'Live' title."

Gamers were first alerted to the situation in June when box art, which showed the Games for Windows Live logo, emerged.

BUYER'S GUIDE:

Mostly compiling from CAG and various posts in this thread. Will do my best to keep it up-to-date.

On sale:
PC / $34 dollars at Green Man Gaming --- use 20% off code WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC --- GFWL, NOT A STEAMWORKS TITLE

Nvidia deal:
For a limited time, if you buy a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560, 560 Ti, 570, 580 or 590, you will get a free Steam key for Batman: Arkham City. Amazon. Also on newegg and tigerdirect

Pre-order bonuses:
Amazon - $10 Amazon credit, Batman: Arkham City Comic
Best Buy - Robin Character skin for Challenge Maps, Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape Challenge Maps
Gamestop - Joker's Carnival Challenge Map. ALSO! An email sent to PowerUp members states PowerUp members who preorder will receive the B:TAS skin.
Toys R Us - 1970's Batman Skin -- No Link
Walmart - $10 Walmart eGift Card, bundled with Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition Game

US Collector's Edition contents:
-- Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
-- Collectible art book
-- Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
-- Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
-- Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight[/list]

What about all those wonderful skins?
The majority of the costumes were announced as pre-order bonuses for various regions around the world (see below). That said, Rocksteady has said the bonuses will be "more broadly" available later on:
Rocksteady wrote:
"The offer that we're making out with retailers for gamers is, this is an early access opportunity for you," Rocksteady's marketing manager Dax Ginn told us in London yesterday. "Absolutely down the track [the skins] will be available more broadly."

Hello there! This handy thread is a place to discuss the Bat-Man and his various video games, primarily 'Arkham Asylum' and the unreleased sequel 'Arkham City', due out in Fall 2011. While the OP may be largely dedicated to details surrounding the upcoming game, don't be shy to talk about Arkham Asylum; with the game seemingly always on sale on Steam there are plenty of people new to the game.

ARKHAM ASYLUM

I'm gonna cop-out and just post a link to the original B:AA thread. It has a one-stop OP for any details you might be interested in. Or feel free to ask here.
Time to brush up on B:AA? There's an OP for that.

ARKHAM CITY

Systems: 360 / PS3 / Windows
Release Dates: October 18th (USA), October 21st (UK)
PC RELEASE DELAYED UNTIL "NOVEMBER"
Developer: Rocksteady Studios

Writer: Paul Dini
Voice Actors: Kevin Conroy (Batman), Mark Hamill (Joker), Maurice LaMarche (Mr. Freeze), Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn), Stana Katic (Talia al Ghul)

Catwoman is playable, ~10% of story mode, Riddler trophies only she can reach, own sidequests

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHHcC9-rPc

Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG0haJ5kb30
Rocksteady's been holding back one pretty big reason fans should be fiending for the game: playable Catwoman. And, to be clear, this isn't "playable" in a special side mode like The Joker was in Arkham Asylum, this is "playable in the story" playable.

The team wanted to ensure players wouldn't feel as though they were controlling Batman with a curvier skin. As a result you can expect decidedly different ways to get around the city, examine the environment, and fight with enemies. Since she lacks a nifty cape and grapple line, Catwoman will take a much more physical approach to getting around that relies on her trusty whip, parkour-like moves, and good old fashioned climbing and jumping. The demo highlighted the nimble and graceful way Catwoman will get around, and teased what appears to be a scoring system for how she moves around. During the demo as Catwoman picked up speed and made her way across rooftops we saw point totals appear at points during her leaping. Ginn noted the points will be awarded based on a players skill for moving through the city.

In keeping with Catwoman's grabby ways, she'll have a secondary vision mode a la detective mode but with a slight twist. Given her priorities she's not really one to sweat all the fine details Batman would when looking at the city as a detective would. Instead the feline antihero has thief vision which highlights all the useful info she'll need to steal. You'll see what to steal and relevant points to help you steal it.

Finally, while she's agile and stealthy, there are times when a leather clad thief has to just bust out her whip and kick in a few heads. The demo showed off an encounter with enemies on the street that saw her use her hands and a modest array of three gadgets, which included a bolo, to deal with her foes. Her combat moves were a fluid mix of punches and kicks, given a slightly vampy twist, which ended in some painful but oh-so-cool-looking finishers.

Ginn noted that while you'll only play as Catwoman for a tiny portion of the main story, she'll have her own mini progression path that will let you upgrade her moves and gadgets using experience earned from taking out enemies. In addition players will be able to use her to explore the environment and snag unique Riddler trophies only she can reach.

As he wrapped up the demo, Ginn shared a few more details on what to expect from Catwoman in the game. Her narrative will only make up about 10 percent of the whole game which will amount to only a handful of switches to her for the story.

PREORDER BONUSES / DLC

Instant replay value: just change suits!

Batman Beyond, Earth One, and B:TAS suits were revealed by a New Zealand gaming outfit.
The Neal Adam's 1970s suit is from Austalia, via EB Games Collector's Edition.
The Dark Knight Returns suit is from the US Collector's Edition.
No word on the Year One suit

d3ksv.png
O7aIW.jpg

You wanted more DLC skins? How 'bout 3 Robin skins (via Amazon.de):

eD1LF.png

VIDEOS

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs

12/11/2010: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-batman-arkham/708342

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w

12/12/2009: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/spike-vga-batman-arkham/59829

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszKBeA-4q4

ARTICLES

UK Official Playstation Magazine

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/21/arkham-city-opm-info-blow-out-plot-setting-moves-vehicles-co-op-more/
The fenced-off area is five times the size of Arkham Asylum. Batman, obviously, doesn’t like it: “He’s been monitoring this place,” said director Sefton Hill. “He’s worried. He thinks it’s a time-bomb waiting to explode into the streets of Gotham.”

Batman’s taken to patrolling AC. The setting is described as “a mix of Tim Burton’s original Batman movie and a touch of Escape from New York,” with spires and graveyards swapped for alleys and streets.

Despite the huge play area, “every nook and cranny has a story.” Also, thanks to distances, Bats will need a way to move around. When asked if vehicles will be included, Warner PR said it’s “something we’ll cover at a later date.”

Wheels or not, Batman can essentially fly this time round. He has a new gadget called a Grapple Boost, which pulls him up and launches him into the air, and can be combined with a new dive which pulls into high-speed, street level flight.

He also now has a second zip line which he can shoot out while using the first: think classic Spider Man.

Hill promised the anti-hero now has new moves for “running across rooftops, blending in, running while grappling, sliding underneath objects” and “jumping between objects.”

Batman can also, “Slide and smash through vents, slide straight into hanging off an edge. You can dive through windows and over railings as well.”

Basic fighting is “the same,” according to OPM, with combinations of punches, kicks and throws. Additions include the ability to throw back projectiles, launch aerial attacks from walls and windows and unleash “beatdown” flurry attacks. He can also backflip and spray explosive gel on the floor before detonating it to stun opponents.

And get this. There’s a not-so-subtle hint that Catwoman is a playable, co-op character. She uses her whip in the mission in the same way Batman uses his zip line. Hill wouldn’t be drawn when asked directly if she was controllable.

“I’m not allowed to comment on that,” he said.

“Forensics” is something Rocksteady wants to push in the sequel, and Batman will be “solving crimes with multiple bits of evidence.” There are loads of side-stories in the game this time, Hill added, although the developer doesn’t “force you to do those. It’s your choice.”

Game Informer
Sharp took credit for getting the Joker situation of the first game under control. He then used that incident to help win the Mayoral election. After winning, he declares Blackgate and Arkham unfit, and buys off a portion of the slums of Gotham. Walling off the area and calling it "Arkham City", he contracts a mercenary group called Tyger into defending the walls. The prisoners are only given one rule: "Don't try to escape", with the penalty for doing so being death. Beyond that, they can do whatever they want within.

-Hugo Strange heads the new Arkham, though it seems like this fact is cloaked in mystery to the outside world. Those who look into him disappear.

-It's been a year. Two face is admitted into Arkham City and he realizes he has to make a move to assert himself in the new prison lest he be eaten alive (not literally, of course). He captures Catwoman, figuring a public execution should do the trick.

-The team is aiming for a highly detailed city, on the level of what they did in the first game with Arkham itself.

-Gadgets can now be used during fights- the article mentions Batman putting explosive gel on the back of one of his opponents during a brawl.

-You can now pull off multiple counterattacks at the same time.

-Many of the super villains have formed gangs, and taken control of different portions of the city.

-The team wants to push the "forensics" angle of the first game more, incorporating puzzles in them that will become more complex as the game goes on.

-Most of the key gadgets that were unlocked late in the first game are available by default (Beyond the explosive gel, the article also mentions the line launcher).

-Interrogations replace the Riddler maps of the first game.

-Batman can now taunt his enemies via a button press.

-Certain characters have optional sidestories within Arkham City (the article mentions Zsasz), that you can dig into.

-Harley has a new costume. From the article: "Instead of a nurse outfit, Harley now wears red and black pants, and a matching midriff-baring top. Her face paint has been scaled back to a much more subtle degree, and she now has a Joker tatoo on one of her hips peeking out over her waistband."

-Batman's been given a new gadget called the "broadcast analyzer". The article mentions several broadcasts Bats can listen in on, like the GCPD dispatch and Gotham FM. The main usage here has Batman tuning in to listen to a message left for him by the Joker.

-Oracle is missing, so Alfred is the one in Bruce's ear (at least at the beginning of the game).

-Rocksteady wouldn't detail their multiplayer plans.

Robin challenge maps are presently exclusive to Best Buy pre-orders, and at Gamestop "Pre-Order Batman: Arkham City with GameStop and receive a code to unlock the exclusive Joker's Carnival Challenge Map."

arkhamcityrobinndtk.png

MISCELLANEOUS

Official website: http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

Villain hints from the trailer:
Penguin
23m8z8z.jpg

Two-Face

29yqru9.jpg

Black Mask
wvzfab.jpg

Catwoman (hard to get a good screencap, black cat on fire escape)
125nwwk.jpg

OTP.jpg
toxk_02 on

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Forgot how good this game is looking.

Dragkonias on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I didn't even notice that Batman apparently has a different costume in this one, despite drooling over every single one of those screenshots as they were released. Crazy.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    Wait, Talia's in Arkham City? When did we find that out?

Twitter.

katic_tweet-449x284.jpg

ed. Before this she tweeted (ugh) she had just finished voice work on the new Batman game.

And not my screenshot, evidently she deleted the Batman messages shortly after posting them.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still think that one screen with the Joker thug spray painting is hilarious. He looks like he just wants to say, "Ah, fuck..."

The door beating screen is giving it a run for its money though.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    Wait, Talia's in Arkham City? When did we find that out?

Twitter.

katic_tweet-449x284.jpg

Before this she tweeted (ugh) she had just finished voice work on the new Batman game.

Holy shit Detective Beckett is Talia Al Ghul? SWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOON :oops:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Some day I'll go back and do the challenge rooms and play Arkham Asylum on hard.

Chris FOM on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I know you're joking, but that would work so damn well

Joolander on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I hope this means we'll get to see Damien someday. Maybe in a Supergirl/Robin spin-off.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So this girl at work just bought her boyfriend a PS3 for Christmas, and wanted a game recommendation

And then I proceeded to talk for like an hour about how amazing Batman is

And then she bought it

+1 sales

UnbreakableVow on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, people in Arkham City like ICP? Also, I tried the demo of AA, and while it ran it did so sluggishly, so I'm guessing the full game would refuse to work. Damn. I need to get a better computer.

Captain Carrot on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, people in Arkham City like ICP?
    Well, it does explain why

A. They're just mulling around rioting in the streets
    B. They're dumb enough to fistfight Batman

Juggalos, man.

Monger on
    edited December 2010
    Batman stumbled into the Gathering of the Juggalos

And tonight, he's going to break his one rule

UnbreakableVow on
    edited December 2010
    I was thinking back to AA and realized something (only mild spoilers, but don't open if you don't know the full cast of villains)
    After the third Scarecrow sequence, when you finally break out of it he's right there and starts bitching about how you should be dead (as if Batman is mortal; human perhaps, but not mortal). Does that mean he's been silently stalking Batman for most of the game, hitting his with his fear gas, and Batman didn't know? Or did Batman know exactly what was going on and he just didn't bother to tell us the player because Batman doesn't trust anybody.

Chris FOM on
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    *Sigh*

I brought my brother a copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum for his birthday at the beginning of the month and goddamnit, I don't think he's actually bothered to play it yet, despite all of the GOTY stickers plastered over the case and my entreaties that it's an awesome game that he should play.

He's playing Split/Second to death, but not this. I just don't know what's wrong with him. He may be beyond help.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I never buy people games anymore.

It could exactly what the ask for, but since someone else bought it for them they just don't care.

Like that one guy who gave his little brother an autographed Halo 3 and later found it at the local used games store.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Who signed it Master Chief?

Also this game looks awesome.

I had no idea Catwoman and Talia were going to be in it.

Fuckin sweet.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    azf2pk.jpg

Send in the bat missile.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Green LantenGreen Lanten Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is for anyone who didn't already know.

The Facts - Robin in Batman Arkham City
    http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1196

Green Lanten on
    edited December 2010
    Man

I know I'm usually against co-op

But I think Batman and Robin co-op could be kind of neat if done right

I trust Rocksteady to do the right thing, regardless

UnbreakableVow on
    edited December 2010
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    I was thinking back to AA and realized something (only mild spoilers, but don't open if you don't know the full cast of villains)
    After the third Scarecrow sequence, when you finally break out of it he's right there and starts bitching about how you should be dead (as if Batman is mortal; human perhaps, but not mortal). Does that mean he's been silently stalking Batman for most of the game, hitting his with his fear gas, and Batman didn't know? Or did Batman know exactly what was going on and he just didn't bother to tell us the player because Batman doesn't trust anybody.

I'm not sure what you're saying here
    He hits him with four doses total; the first two are the first two nightmare sequences, then he hits you with one more (the third sequence), and that's when you finally see him in person and he hits you with one last one.

I don't recall him saying he should have "died", but that he'd given him enough fear gas to break the minds of ten men or something like that. I just assumed he was referring to the two concentrated doses at once that he gave him on the last encounter.

UnbreakableVow on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    *Sigh*

I brought my brother a copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum for his birthday at the beginning of the month and goddamnit, I don't think he's actually bothered to play it yet, despite all of the GOTY stickers plastered over the case and my entreaties that it's an awesome game that he should play.

He's playing Split/Second to death, but not this. I just don't know what's wrong with him. He may be beyond help.

I bought my friend a copy of this on steam. He downloaded the entire game, then gives me a call saying it won't run on his Mac. Apparently he switched entirely to Mac recently and doesn't have bootcamp. He is also a huge comic book fan, been collecting since the late 60s.

I am tempted to send him screenshots of the character bios and gameplay in a "Wish you were here" postcard layout :)

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    edited December 2010
    Chris FOM wrote: »

I'm not sure what you're saying here
    He hits him with four doses total; the first two are the first two nightmare sequences, then he hits you with one more (the third sequence), and that's when you finally see him in person and he hits you with one last one.

I don't recall him saying he should have "died", but that he'd given him enough fear gas to break the minds of ten men or something like that. I just assumed he was referring to the two concentrated doses at once that he gave him on the last encounter.

I'm mostly joking around, but I did find it somewhat interesting.
    First, I must have misremembered Scarecrow's line. I thought he said he gave Batman enough to kill 10 men, but I could be wrong there.

Regarding the other part, Batman gets hit with the fear gas four separate times. There's no way to prevent or defend against any of the nightmare sequences. In fact, we never even see Scarecrow (not counting the boogie man in the body bag or the lighthouse of doom during the stealth parts) until after the final nightmare, even though he's snuck up on and gassed Batman three times at that point. Did Scarecrow actually catch Batman by surprise each time even though Bats had to know he was there after the first round? The obvious answer is that it's game logic, but I think my answer (Batman doesn't even trust the player enough to tell him what's going on) is far more fun

Chris FOM on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stana Katic? I dunno... has she done any voice work before?

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I was recently and kindly gifted a copy of AA on Steam, and I had a couple of questions regarding the PC version.

1. I have an ATI card, which means the game won't let me enable the Nvidia physics option. Is there a way to "trick" the game into enabling this option, or some other alternative?

2. I've seen a lot of sweet using costume mods, but I've also read that none of them work in the retail game, only the demo. Has a workaround been found for this?

Professor Snugglesworth on
    edited January 2011
    So I just started another playthrough of this

I'm pretty sure it's playthrough...six or seven

Yeah

It's not fair that I have to wait another eight months or so before another game of this caliber

UnbreakableVow on
    edited January 2011
    I know it's ridiculous, I played through it back to back three times when it came out. I don't think I've ever done that with a game before.

I really should do another playthrough.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    I mistakenly gave Uncharted 2 top billing over Batman AA in my GOTY list for 2009

Uncharted 2 wowed me more at the time, but I eventually became bored with it. Didn't even finish my Crushing playthrough because while everything was a spectacle the first time, it got tedious on repeat sessions and I just didn't find it as wholly enjoyable as the first.

Nearly one and a half years later and I can still consistently replay this and enjoy every single moment

UnbreakableVow on
    edited January 2011
    Yup, same here. I started up a crushing run of UC2, but I sort of just petered off. I love that game too, but it doesn't have the same draw that Batman does in subsequent playthroughs. I was always finding some new detail (dialogue between guards or mooks, and I didn't even find out about the Joker monologues on the TV until my 3rd time through.)

But I put it at the top of my list last year with UC2 trailing.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    Kuratosu wrote: »
    and I didn't even find out about the Joker monologues on the TV until my 3rd time through.)

So have you seen all of the Joker sessions then? Because if not here's a link to all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LptRnsYFlzg

P.S. The latest news is that Batwoman maybe be revealed at the Middle East Comic-Con in April.
    Today Warner Brothers Games has registered for the show with the title Batman: Arkham City. Receiving the posters today from Warner Bros we now understand that Batwoman may be revealed at the event.

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1297

And according to someone at Gamefaqs. Amazon sent him an e-mail saying that Arkham City will arrive on the 31st of this month.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981375-batman-arkham-city/57781609

Green Lanten on
    edited January 2011
    How do you get those sessions?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Batwoman/Catwoman makeouts, 2011.

KalTorak on
    edited January 2011
    This would have been the perfect setting for Cassandra Cain.

But noooo, lesbians get priority. :?

edited January 2011
    How do you get those sessions?

As the video description says

Before you go to Medical Center at the beginning of the game,
    After the Bane boss battle,
    Before you go to the Mansion for the first time
    After beating Zsasz and then after beating Scarecrow a 2nd time,
    After the Harley Quinn cut scene battle,
    After the double titan boss battle,
    And finally after beating Killer Croc and Scarecrow a 3rd time.

Green Lanten on
    edited January 2011
    So I was looking at Zsasz on Wikipedia and saw this:
    Zsasz also appears in the sequel Batman: Arkham City, where Batman must track him down and foil his murders in side missions.

How did I miss that bit of news?

"Side missions" like that sound totally awesome

Goddamn I cannot wait for this game

UnbreakableVow on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was thinking about this game the other night, and how awesome and unexpected it would be if there were a segment in the game where a missile gets fired or something and Superman shows up to help out. A "you go that way, I'll go this way" kind of thing, where suddenly you control Superman as he's rocketing after this missile that's aimed for Metropolis or something.

Just a quick 5 minute section that blows away all other Superman games and gets people crying for Rocksteady to make one.

... I just want a great Superman game to go along with my great Batman games.

Ceno on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Recently beaten this game.

That last Scarecrow segment was pure gold. Pure fucking gold.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited January 2011
    Ceno wrote: »
    I was thinking about this game the other night, and how awesome and unexpected it would be if there were a segment in the game where a missile gets fired or something and Superman shows up to help out. A "you go that way, I'll go this way" kind of thing, where suddenly you control Superman as he's rocketing after this missile that's aimed for Metropolis or something.

Just a quick 5 minute section that blows away all other Superman games and gets people crying for Rocksteady to make one.

... I just want a great Superman game to go along with my great Batman games.

I think it would be neat if Superman showed up, but I want to be in control of Batman at all times

UnbreakableVow on
    edited January 2011
    Also, I'm currently on the second Scarecrow segment, and it got me thinking

I'd really like to see more use of the Batclaw in Arkham City. And not strictly for tearing down walls/grates to get to riddles, either. When you first get it, you pull some boxes out of the way to get out of the Batcave, and then you use it twice in that Scarecrow segment. For main gameplay purposes, that's the end of its use.

I like the idea of using the Batclaw to pull down objects and create cover for stealth sequences.

UnbreakableVow on
This discussion has been closed.