As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to run full screen game in windowed mode (Panzer General)

Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently picked up Panzer General 2 from GOG. I love the game, but unfortunately it only runs in fullscreen mode, 800 x 600. Stretched out on my 1920x1080 display it looks... not so great. I'm running Windows 7 64.

I've looked for a workaround to get it to run in windowed mode, but haven't found anything convenient.

- I've read about people setting up a virtual machine running VirtualBox and installing Linux, running said virtual machine at 800 x 600 and running PG2 through Wine. This will probably work, but I'm trying to save it as a last resort.
- Creating a shortcut and adding the "-window" argument didn't seem to do anything.
- There aren't any config files to edit to change this.

Is there another software that will let me do this? Other options?

Michael H on

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Have you tried Alt+Enter?

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    wogiwogi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Have you tried openpg2? I've spotted that mentioned in a couple of other forums, and while I know nothing about it myself, it seems to be an alternative to running vmware.

wogi on
    http://bit.ly/runshort
    -Current W.I.P.
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sir Carcass - tried that, doesn't work. :(

wogi - I'm downloading OpenGen now, I think it might do the trick? I don't know yet. It seems like there's still a pretty active community working on modding PG2.

Michael H on