As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Survival Guide: What to bring

2»

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    EDIT: Leaf: Aztecka has free tortilla chips for all. Me and Andy took advantage of this on the night you left.

Will this "Aztecka" have these tortillas again this year? If so, I may need to bring homemade salsa awesomeness, provided I can find a way for it to make the trip.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    EDIT: Leaf: Aztecka has free tortilla chips for all. Me and Andy took advantage of this on the night you left.

Will this "Aztecka" have these tortillas again this year? If so, I may need to bring homemade salsa awesomeness, provided I can find a way for it to make the trip.

dont worry, they provide the salsa too. it's a sit-down mexican restarant. just make sure you go with people that are actually going to buy something, or else they'll get pissed.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Trillian wrote:

dont worry, they provide the salsa too. it's a sit-down mexican restarant. just make sure you go with people that are actually going to buy something, or else they'll get pissed.

I was pretty boosed up too. Remember to bring your ID everytime you go. I think A Captain Morgan and Coke was like only $4. I don't remember how much chips and salsa I ate. It must have been a lot. Although I do remember the food apear to defy gavity it was so stuck to the plate. At first people questioned the freshness of the food but every one ate and I don't remember anything after that... I think I had to leave to catch my ride or my plane or something.

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    To the asshole who took the BC personalized licence plate number "KHAAAN": I'm going to fuck your mother.

Azio on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    I dont think Ill have to bring anything seeing as I live like 10 blocks from the convention center :wink: , it would be awesome to make new friends though :D , and about the food dilemma: subway sandwiches arent that expensive and theyre quite healthy for anyone whos worried about that, which is no one but anyway. :P Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Although it may become a situation where Mrs. NotASenator will be in attendance, this is unconfirmed for the time being.

I don't really picture the packing needs for PAX to be wildly different from any other big trip, but then again, I apparently am not one of you people.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    DrakenulDrakenul Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Yoshua wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    CPK Sucks? The one here is fucking awesome, granted, this is California... So, it better kick ass here... Their BBQ Chicken Pizza is godly...

As for Subway, I noticed on the last day that there was another Subway not far from the Meydenbauer, my bus back to the airport drove past it... So, at least I still know where to get Subs...

It's horribly overpriced and is just...bleh. I dunno. I just find it ridiculous.

And, yeah, there's a Subway down a few blocks the other way. But this one was just one block away.

I thought the food was good, but yeah it is expensive. Still, I didn't want to eat anything from the vendors at the convention center. It's all pre-packed so the bread is stale and the ingrediants are only edible thanks to copious amounts of preservative. In a nutshell, the food sucks (and it's expensive as well).

I assume the Dairy Queen is still there, they had some kind of kitchen fire last year that pretty much shut them down for the length of the convention. A shame since their food is reasonably cheap and far more edible than Subway (I hate Subway).

I must make a scouting venture of the surrounding area of Meydenbauer for decent places to eat that won't rape wallets.
    Seriously, the Bellevue Square mall is awesome for food. It has a McDonald's and Red Robin, providing both classic fast food, and a nice casual restaurant at least. BTW, I can vouch for both, having ate at McD's both years, and a nice lunch with OMGmyFACE and another guy whose name escapes me last year. In addition, in the same plaza as the theater everyone went to see Hero at in 04, is Red Stone Brewery (or similarly named, I'm not sure), which features great food (and apparently good beer too, but I can't confirm, I was 20 when I ate there).

Drakenul on
  • Options
    SkroggtarSkroggtar Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I ate a hot dog and Bawls mints, and that was my sustenance. Of course, next year I plan to bring the blings and the driver's license ample for the purchasing of actual food, but all that's up in the air.

Oh yeah, there's a Denny's close by which last year made for a sweet 6am run, maybe this year something similar can occur.

Skroggtar on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Although it may become a situation where Mrs. NotASenator will be in attendance, this is unconfirmed for the time being.

I don't really picture the packing needs for PAX to be wildly different from any other big trip, but then again, I apparently am not one of you people.

It's always suprised me how much stuff people take to conventions. Huge coolers, crates worth of food, tons of clothes, and they end up spending the entire time in the halls, forgetting to eat or change/bath etc.

I think packing as little as possible would be the best idea.

Of course I can just go home and sleep in my bed at the end of the night.

Weaver on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    My food and bag are small. What takes the most room of the car are the copius amounts of junk I haul back, and all the gaming stuff that's taken down.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Oh yeah Bellevue is going to have at least two new completed towers by PAX time. Might be another one done before PAX starts.

Weaver on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    wow guys this form helps alot it made sure I don't go until I can afford it ^_^ see you maybe in 2008

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Lets say you fly down and end up with a bunch of stuff you can't fly back with.

Do they have a station where you can get your stuff packaged and shipped or is there a place nearby that will do it.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Pygmylad wrote:
    wow guys this form helps alot it made sure I don't go until I can afford it ^_^ see you maybe in 2008

You don't have to bring all this stuff.

Are you being serious?

Do they have a station where you can get your stuff packaged and shipped or is there a place nearby that will do it.

Post office or fedex work for you?

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    to Rock

Post office or fedex worl for you?[/quote:291aab98bd]

As long as it's nearby.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Everyone who has Electroplankton MUST bring theirs.

We should all just open it up before a Panel starts and start playing with it at high volumes. Or even just put it on Lumiloop and let the ambience flow.

It'd be awesome.

I love you.

sarukun on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    There is a FedEx location about three blocks from the convention center on 8th street.

Doc on