As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DVD Digital Backup, issues

Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Im currently attempting to backup my dvd collection onto my pc, I was put onto a programme called Handbrake, an open source programme that in theory should be as easy as pie to use. However im finding it decidedly difficult, the key issue is it comes out with this

Despite my best efforts I cannot seem to change this, its probably something stupidly simple, im willing to admit im a bit of an idiot. So im on the look out for other software that can do the same thing, take a DVD, convert it (free hopefully) without any fuss or confusion , into an avi or mp4 format.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

My rig is 64bit windows 7

League of Legends - Enzo III
Zombie Monkey on

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Depending on where you are, it may or may not be against forum rules to assist you.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Depending on where you are, it may or may not be against forum rules to assist you.
    This worries me slightly....but why?

Zombie Monkey on
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Because ripping dvds may be a copyright violation or something.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Because ripping dvds may be a copyright violation or something.
    I see, hmm I assumed it would be all fine and dandy but ill bow to greater wisdom and report the thread myself.

Zombie Monkey on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Thanks.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.