As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2 thread: Still around, somehow.

• Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Because i've seen it and it's terrible from start to finish

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    who are you?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the goddamn batman

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was playing starbattle and we lost some battles and it came down to 5 vs 3 and they had way more upgrades so my 2 team mates left
    than it was me vs 5
    and I used all my pwnage skills and got all 5 of them

then I was feeling extra trolly tonight so I messaged everyone and told them how terrible they were and how awesome I was

Franko on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    First cannon rushing, now this

Where did we go wrong raising, you Franko

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't cannon rush

I cannon harass....there is a difference

Franko on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Although I guess one time when someone responded to my gl hf with "u will lose" and then shit talked right up until he lost, I did proceed to whisper him post game telling him to "shit talk and lose some more, faggot"

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The ending to wings of liberty was pretty ehn itself so having heart of the swam be bad isn't going to be a massive upset or anything.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, if you bought Starcraft 2 hoping for an epic story you clearly don't understand Blizzard. They don't tell epic stories, they take mediocre-to-average-at-best stories, and tell them within an extremely polished and quality game.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Starcraft 1 was all about the destruction and conquest of worlds on an epic scale

Starcraft 2 was all about the emotions of one lonely cowboy

Franko on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SC2: Also about dat ass.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nah the story to Starcraft and Brood War were quite enjoyable.

And the new WoW content has some solid stuff in it.

And I remember liking Warcraft 2 + the expansion's stories a lot, but it has been very many years since they were last played and that might just be nostalgia.

Warcraft 3 falls into the average category. It had some cool ideas but I just couldn't give a shit about any of the characters.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    as long as the gameplay in the missions is great I really don't care. it was in wings of liberty

Jars on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    None of the stories are particularly innovative or groundbreaking in Blizzard games, they are just told extremely well and told within the framework of amazing gameplay, which is what's important.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah the story missions were tons of fun, and I really enjoyed going around the ship buying upgrades and talking to people. Frankly Heart of the Swarm is just going to be great because it's the Zerg.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    well now that I have your attention

who wants to play some Starbattle?

mightyzack.188

Franko on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Star Battle needs a respawn feature, as well as less health on the ships.

Its only fun for a while without those features.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    youre only fun for awhile wthout those features

Franko on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I feel bad about how little I've been playing SC2 lately, but damn, that steam sale. I have enough bioware RPGs to last me until probably 2020.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    which ones did you get?
    I've been thinking about replaying some of the older ones like the original Neverwinter Nights.

And I never got around to playing Baldur's Gate 2.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Basically just Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1 & 2. The way I play RPGs makes it so that I can play them about 5 times as long as the average person and still have fun. I have literally read every update to the codex in mass effect 1 and talked to every person at every area I've visited so far.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Mass Effect 2 will last you a LONG time.

I tend to blitz through subsequent playthroughs and I've still played the game 10-11 times in a year.

The great thing is that, without spoiling too much, there is specific characters which you can't recruit early in the game, you have to wait until later, and one particularly awesome character who comes very close to the end.

However, using editing software, you can edit him into the game from the start, and there is actually a TON of pre-recorded dialogue that you can never actually see unless you do edit him in.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh man you are in for such a treat when you play Mass Effect 2 if you're enjoying the first one. It's less RPG-y (while still being plenty RPG-y) but so incredibly much more fun.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2011
    I have had a few beers and would now like to play Starcraft. is there anyone with medium level or lower skills who is open to a 1v1 match?

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I used to be good but now I haven't played in ages.

SLyM on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've been drinking, so it should all even out! Are you available to play now?

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I guess so. I don't know how much of my skill is gone but I think I might still be able to macro pretty well. Maybe. Let's see how it works out.

SLyM on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Are you guys sitll playing? I'd love to observe.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    we just stopped. SLyM has better than "medium" level of skills so he smoked me in two games in a row. It was a great educational experience

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's so hard to judge how good anyone is at this game because very few people use the same measurements how about how good they are and pretty much no one I've ever encountered (including myself) will flat out say "I'm way better than you," because no one wants to be the kind of dick that just flat out says that.

SLyM on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i am way better than you slym because this one time i totally beat you

the end

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    No, I'm way better than you because of that one time I beat you!

You're way better than me because of those 2 times you beat me!

SLyM on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I now CAN beat the AI on Very Hard 1v1. Sometimes.

in the demo.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    for the new year what race should i play that isnt zerg

tia

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I would say protoss except ravens. There can never be enough ravens. Play terran if you promise to make as many ravens as you can. Damn. Now I want to play a 4v4 and just mass ravens. TOO BAD I SMELL AND NEED TO TAKE A SHOWER. WHOOPS SHOULDN'T SAY THAT OUT LOUD TOO LATE.

SLyM on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i actually have massed ravens in some 4v4s

shits tight yo

but yeah ive been kind of wanting to go back to protoss

warp gates are p cool

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Franko on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    CHEWWEYS!

SLyM on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    GSL is so great tonight. Trickster/SSKS (also known as Tester) demolished ZeNEXKyrix

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    its pretty alright
    casting is funny tonight

Franko on