As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wrong icons?

The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
I bet somebody has already mentioned it, since everybody always beats me to these things, but I searched and didn't find anything about this.

Some of the icons are changed to other icons.
Exhibit A:
wtf4hs.jpg
The mod badge is the AIM icon, the quote icon is the mod badge and the website icon is the quote icon.

modbadge8jr.jpg
This is the image properties for the mod badge.
When I opened the image in a new tab, it was the same. And when I ctrl-F5'd it was still the same.

I'm using Opera 8.51

Also, this happened to me a few days ago and it just went away on its own. I'm going to clear the cache after I hit submit and see if that fixes it.

The Cheese on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    That's pretty crazy. Yeah, clearing your cache should clean things up.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    It did work. The first time it happened I thought it was just Opera being screwy, but since it's happened twice now and never on another website, it could be the forum.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    ReatheranReatheran Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    The same thing happened to me here a day or two ago, also using Opera 8.51. It seems to have cleared up now though.

Reatheran on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Happened again. My quote button is the arrow that leads to SE++

The Cheese on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I just got it in Firefox, when the site was loading for a second some of the icons were really lo res and in the wrong place

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    This seems to be related, sometimes the forum index will load as an image, so I just get a tiny "image not found" icon in the middle of the screen. Clearing cache sorts it out.

The Cheese on