As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phalla Classic [Naughty win when the Nice do nothing]

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Schemer? Absolutely. However, I deal with honesty. I'm not very naughty at all.

Besides, that Ardor guy is in the Team Nice network, so he can't possibly be naughty. Therefore, he should be considered your friend and ally.

Ardor on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !retract my vote for Hylianbunny, and I !vote for Gnasty.

Thanatos on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think I'm gonna !vote for Ardor.

Firstly, I'm really worried about how good he'd be as a naughty player. He regularly says that he's not a brilliant player, only that he has a good deal of information, and thus is able to do more than anyone else. Thus, as a baddie here, he'd have more information than any of us, and be a really evil naughty player.

Secondly, he called me slightly naughty based on my behavior from prior games. Ardor always says that he wipes the slate clean between games, and now he thinks I may be naughty because I'm playing differently? Naughty, Ardor, very naughty. :P

Finally, I haven't been invited to this "Team Nice" of his. I'm pretty certain that I'm a really nice guy (at least my mom says I am), and thus Ardor's failure to invite me is a very naughty move.

Buzz Buzz on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Your mom bakes the nicest muffins, Buzz Buzz.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    How nice of you to say. It's pretty obvious that you're nice too then. :P

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

Unless the reason he was with your mother was naughty.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

Baking muffins is naughty?

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »

Depends on what kind of muffins. Blueberry muffins? Nice. Chocolate Chip Muffins? Nice.

Naughtyberry muffins? NAUGHTY. Poison Muffins? EQUALLY AS NAUGHTY.

Are you accusing Buzz Buzz's mom of being naughty?

Hylianbunny on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Depends on what kind of muffins. Blueberry muffins? Nice. Chocolate Chip Muffins? Nice.

:winky:

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2007

Visiblehowl is obviously naughty. I think he might be my day 2 vote, provided I don't die by getting shoved into a furnace tonight.

Ardor on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

well, as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

if Buzz Buzz's mom is naughty, then odds are he is too.

I !vote Buzz Buzz

Nerissa on
    edited May 2007
    I cannot believe that any of you would even suspect my mother of naughtiness. After Hylianbunny mentioned how nice the muffins were that my mother baked too...you have two people telling you how nice my mother is, and still the accusations fly. I blame Ardor for these accusations of naughtiness, since he was the first to even suggest that Hylianbunny might have meant anything besides a simple compliment when he discussed my mother's muffins. Connotations are the work of naughty, naughty men.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    I cannot believe that any of you would even suspect my mother of naughtiness. After Hylianbunny mentioned how nice the muffins were that my mother baked too...you have two people telling you how nice my mother is, and still the accusations fly. I blame Ardor for these accusations of naughtiness, since he was the first to even suggest that Hylianbunny might have meant anything besides a simple compliment when he discussed my mother's muffins. Connotations are the work of naughty, naughty men.

Luckily for you, The Krampus cannot find your naughty hide without our help. Unluckily for you, The Krampus doesn't care for your mother's muffins. Perhaps you will bring happiness to The Krampus upon your trial by fire as early as tomorrow.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    DA, out of curiosity, how long do you plan on this game lasting? I'm not sure how much Il'l be around this weekend so I thought I'd ask, plus next week might be rough for me at work.

Ardor on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DA, out of curiosity, how long do you plan on this game lasting? I'm not sure how much Il'l be around this weekend so I thought I'd ask, plus next week might be rough for me at work.

Well the OP says that their are at least 2 'kills' a night...

There are 9 of you.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited May 2007

Well the OP says that their are at least 2 'kills' a night...

There are 9 of you.

I just feel more comforted by your nice words, that's all.

Thanks for the response. We can resume voting for Gnaughty and Buzz buzz's mother's naughty muffins.

Ardor on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Way to bandwagon me when I'm not here, guys. That's a pretty naughty thing to do.

jdarksun, I made you a cultist in my game (and by "I" I mean the RNG), and you vote for me? That isn't very nice at all.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    You know what? While Gnasty is in the lead, Buzz buzz is close too and I'm wondering if that second kill isn't random somehow or the second place in votes. Buzz always dies early, so make me first or second with votes so he has a chance to play.

I !retract my vote for Gnasty, he's not naughty enough for my tastes.
    !I'm incredibly naughty, plus a trial by fire sounds interesting

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    I would say that Hylianbunny is the most suspicious. After I voted for him he immediately switched his vote, probably hoping that I would then switch my vote as well. A bad guy nervous about a bandwagon forming against him? I think so.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    Nah. I just know about your naughty, naughty ways.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Nah. I just know about your naughty, naughty ways.
    You switched your vote off of me. I have trapped you in your lie. Your naughtiness is exposed for the entire world to see.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    Only for a little bit. Further reflection revealed your nastiness. :P

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    I used a family guy quote?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Way to bandwagon me when I'm not here, guys. That's a pretty naughty thing to do.

jdarksun, I made you a cultist in my game (and by "I" I mean the RNG), and you vote for me? That isn't very nice at all.
    That's true. I thoroughly enjoyed being evil, quasi-subverting the network, and feeling paranoid for nearly a week. On the other hand, you also (and by "you" I mean the players) are responsible for the death of my partner, whose survival past Day 1 would have virtually assured our victory.

"Players", HA! Your partner was dead because of me! Failing to give the narrator his due? Naug--

I totally should have invited Grimmy to play this. Killing him day 1 was kinda mean of me.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun is now making things up because he's nervous we will catch him in his naughty acts.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Guys, I won't want to die first in the mini-Phalla. Hylian is way naughtier than myself.

Also: Has Ardor ever been a bad guy? Maybe it's finally his turn this game.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007

That's true. I thoroughly enjoyed being evil, quasi-subverting the network, and feeling paranoid for nearly a week. On the other hand, you also (and by "you" I mean the players) are responsible for the death of my partner, whose survival past Day 1 would have virtually assured our victory.

"Players", HA! Your partner was dead because of me! Failing to give the narrator his due? Naug--

I totally should have invited Grimmy to play this. Killing him day 1 was kinda mean of me.

Yeah, but jdarksun has this chance to destroy me now. The two times I successfully teamed up with a rival faction in the attempt to take out a common enemy, jdarksun happened to BE that common enemy both times.

Grimmy's a cool guy.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Guys, I won't want to die first in the mini-Phalla. Hylian is way naughtier than myself.

Also: Has Ardor ever been a bad guy? Maybe it's finally his turn this game.

Then vote for me, I think the only time I ever died day 1 was in the game where I could be brought back to life.

Second, I've actually never been a bad guy before, other than the Les Phalles, but there were so many 'bad guys' it doesn't really count. I did get converted in mole phalla.

Sorry to disappoint, but you will not find naughtiness upon my death, but since the chances of us taking a nice guy/gal and thrownig them into the fire is high, you may as well vote me off. I'm sure I am deserving of many fates such as this for various reasons.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Don't keeeell me.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    I could never kill you, Ardor. The last games where I've been a villain, you've almost assuredly been protected.

Besides, watching your slow decent into eeevil is just way too amusing. :)

Noooooooo!

I won't hear your naughty lies. I'm not becoming evil. I've never really been an evil guy in these games either!

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    I could never kill you, Ardor. The last games where I've been a villain, you've almost assuredly been protected.

Besides, watching your slow decent into eeevil is just way too amusing. :)

Noooooooo!

I won't hear your naughty lies. I'm not becoming evil. I've never really been an evil guy in these games either!

I know! That's what makes it so amusing.

I mean, stealing other player's equipment in CoP? Players that came to you out of a vague sense of trust... only to have their items yanked away?

You weren't a villain, but man... evil. A little more every Phalla. Soon, you'll be flicking off baskets of kittens and punching babies. Sporting facial hair and a black hat.

How did you know about my facial hair and black ca....

So how's the weather today? It's very nice outside, don't you think?

In my defense, I did not punch thorgot's avatar. I simply told him I wasn't angry, just upset. Then I told him to get over here.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    Why am I dieeeiiiinnngggggg

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    :(:(:(

You guys are making a mistake. I'm just a normal villager.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    That is a good plan, jdarksun.

Why are you not following your own plan?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    I don't think we can rely on those naughty people to do what we ask them to do. So I propose that we rely on them not doing what we ask the nice people to do. It makes much more sense. :P

I think all the nice people should take one step back. It achieves the same visual result as jdarksun's plan, but with the burden placed on the nice players who are trustworthy rather than the naughty players who are not.

*takes a step back*

We need to bandwagon the people who don't follow this plan. Sadly, I must leave you now to watch some dreadful movie about Pirates. I believe it's a cautionary tale about the perils of such loose morals, so I do hope that my eyes will not be offended.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    But then naughty players would disobey your rule and step back as well.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    You guys are really forcing my hand here.

I am the seer.

Hopefully the guardian (if there is a guardian) will protect me tonight.

Specials (if there are any others) -- I realize you'd be taking a risk by contacting me, but with only 9 players and 2 kills a night we need to act quickly. Contacting me will increase our chances of winning, but I'm not going to force you to take the risk if you don't trust me.

Don't kill me tonight.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    Seers are pretty classic, I would say. Maybe he didn't put in a guardian. (If so, I'm kinda screwed).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    It's entirely possible that he put in a guardian and not a seer, to throw off people that expected a seer. In which case, visiblehowl would be the liar.

Either way, someone here is being quite naughty.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure the guardian stated he was going to do himself a favor and defend himself the whole game. While selfish, it's not necessairly naughty. Unless he's lying. Then he's very naughty.

Ardor on