As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Drawing Tablets

THEREDCROSSTHEREDCROSS Registered User new member
edited January 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hi, I've been looking around the internets for a little while trying to figure out what drawing tablet I want. Then one day I said: "Hey those penny-arcades might know something" which led me to poke around the Artist's Corner and find some other neat things, but alas, nothing that talks about drawing tablets specifically.
(Granted I have limited patience for sifting through archives of posts, but a search didn't turn up anything recent)
I am interested in a little digital art, mostly for art's sake, but I am also a Geographer with an art inclination that would like to take advantage of his abilities and apply it to GIS. I am used to long strokes with the elbow or shoulder, and the little bamboo I bought to play with was difficult because of how much wrist work I was doing.

So if y'all wouldn't mind I have a few specific questions to ask:
What kind of tablet do you use?
How large is the drawing surface on your tablet?
How useful (if applicable) is having tilt angles recognized?
Are there any tablets worth looking at in the $100-and-under category?
Are there any tablets not made by Wacom that are worth buying?
What do those changable nibs really do for you, and do they require specific software to work?

that is all I can think of at the moment, thanks for the help!

THEREDCROSS on

This discussion has been closed.