As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck Fools In Their Fat Frog Faces

Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Social Entropy++
Having problems with some assholes who have a shared parenting plan with my niece. My mother who is disabled sought out a few years ago to find a parent suitable for my niece. My niece's fraternal uncle and his wife were desperate to have a kid and they seemed like a good match. So my mom let them get her on weekends and everything was groovy for a year.

That all ended when my mom wanted to visit her home and see them be parents in action. The woman decided that she wasn't going to have that. So she told my mother that she didn't want anything to do with her and my niece. Which was a head turner. Two days later they showed up at my door with an emergency order granting her custody of my niece. She made up a bunch of shit paid a clerk and that was it. She also provided a notarized document where my mother's signature was forged that stated she was giving custody of my niece to this woman.

We fought those people in court for months. Paying our lawyer and my niece's guardian ad litem. In the end a shared plan was forged. My mother and I get her around 12 days a month. My mother has control over her education and day care. The bitch controls her medical issues.

My niece has fetal alcohol syndrome and she is blind in one eye. The year following the agreement to the plan my niece had no doctors visits. She didn't receive any medical care at all. Except for the times my mother took her to urgent care over fevers and tried to get her glasses. None of that with the bitches permission. She was not happy about it at all.

Six months into the agreement they "lost" her glasses. Which she is nearly fully blind without. She didn't schedule he an appointment for nearly six months afterwards. Even then she forgot about the appointment and had my mother reschedule for her and take my niece on a day that was not hers.

They lost her glasses again two months ago. They didn't take her to the doctor until three weeks ago. The reason they didn't take her was that they were "broke". We paid for her glasses once again. Obviously I am Not complaining about paying. Just their inability to support her and take care of her medical needs.

Two days before Christmas she complained about being broke and needing money. Followed by asking us for a small loan. Which we gave because we love my niece and despite the bitches problems we would rather not make things worse for my niece.

Christmas Eve they came to pick her up and get the money. They saw that my niece's mother was there. When they got home she began texting talking bad about her mother and my mother. Telling us that we were bad people and there was no structure. She said that she was tired of our "shit and that my niece "tells them things". My niece is 52 months old.

My niece went back tonight. After having spent time with her mother here. Which is allowed through supervised visitation. Which this was. She texted demanding my sister's number. Called us all fools and was tired of my niece telling her that she didn't want to be "here". Here being the bitches mother's home. She said that she has bad recordings of us. None of which I have knowledge of. She says that she's going to be doing something about it. That the agreement needs to be changed. She was complaining about child support from my sister. My sister pays child support. She gets that money every month from the Government. Including the free medical which obviously she doesn't use.

So tomorrow I am going to my lawyer and seeing what needs to be done. I am so sick and tired of what this woman is doing. My mother will be getting her newest medical records while I am doing that. We have them from a few months ago.

I hate this woman and I want her away from my niece. I won't say what I really want but it's not pretty.

Here's some more info:

She is in no way related to my niece.

She was separated from my niece's uncle at the time of the court hearings. He came to the court and lied about them being happily married and how they were building a home for my niece. They were divorced 13 days after the agreement was made. We didn't know any of this because she wouldn't allow us to.

She hasn't had a job in two years.

She lives with her mother. Who is bankrupt and jobless.

She has a boyfriend. She will not tell us his full name. He does not work.

She didn't have a car until a month ago. Her grandparents bought it for her.

She has without our knowledge and permission taking my niece out of state numerous times. While he did under the table lawn care. My niece said that she was made to stay in hot cars all day.

She asked my mother if she would drop her custody so they could move to West Virginia.

She asked the same thing another time except it was Indiana.

She bullies my mother over text messages frequently.

My niece has on two occasions said that the bitch hit her on her head and that her boyfriend has as well. There were no marks. When they come to get her she snatches me in her arms and cries like crazy begging me not to let them take her.

When we take her to their house she does the same.

Anyone else lived through a situation like this? Any advice you can give me? We have every text conversation saved. We have a journal and we get her medical records periodically.

I just hope the lawyer can do something for us. If not I'll have to resort to my cousin's method of getting custody.

Also get the shit you're going through off your chest.

tl;dr

fuck people

58pwo4vxupcr.png
Macro9 on

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    holy shit macro D:

VALVEjunkie on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This can also be a Hell Comes to Frogtown thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwteCwCSMw

Roddy Piper at his best

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dude I hope you guys get full custody this is some bullshit

VALVEjunkie on
    edited January 2011
    holy shit macro D:

Shit's a mess.

It's been a terrible thing that has driven us nuts for a couple years now. I want my niece out of there and away from those people.

I want it to be over with.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dang macro that sucks

sorry to hear :[

Sweeney Tom on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    what on earth

I don't even understand why this woman has any kind of custody of this child in the first place

Centipede Damascus on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    holy shit macro D:

Shit's a mess.

It's been a terrible thing that has driven us nuts for a couple years now. I want my nice out of there and away from those people.

Can your niece give evidence at all on them breaking the arrangement?

That a sucky situation man, good luck.

101 on
    edited January 2011
    also stop bein' racist against the French

Centipede Damascus on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

im_not_racist_france_doesnt_count_shirt-p235630258650002420qw9y_400.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
    edited January 2011
    what on earth

I don't even understand why this woman has any kind of custody of this child in the first place

Are layer didn't want to pursue the forgery/notarization. Said it would be hard and too expensive to prove. His plan was to let them fuck up after the agreement.

I didn't agree with that, but at the time I couldn't do anything about it.
    101 wrote: »
    holy shit macro D:

Shit's a mess.

It's been a terrible thing that has driven us nuts for a couple years now. I want my nice out of there and away from those people.

Can your niece give evidence at all on them breaking the arrangement?

That a sucky situation man, good luck.

Well, she's 4 years old. I think the only person that will be talking to and listening to her is a psychologist.

If we had definitive proof of those things then it would have already been done.

Sadly we don't.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited January 2011

Says the guy that threw the French out there.

Damn dirty frog hater

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh right,
    guess a little young then.

101 on
    edited January 2011
    what on earth

Are layer didn't want to pursue the forgery/notarization. Said it would be hard and too expensive to prove. His plan was to let them fuck up after the agreement.

was the lawyer possibly this guy

barry-300x163.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
    edited January 2011
    what on earth

was the lawyer possibly this guy

barry-300x163.jpg

I wish, because at least he would have been funny.

We have more money this time so things will be different.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    damn macro

hugs

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited January 2011
    My battle axe has started glowing. I hope it doesn't start bitching at me.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well you'll have my sword, Macro9

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • SupermikeSupermike Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My best friend, his mother and his niece went through nearly the same thing. Not sure where you live, but here in Texas, the divorce 13 days later is enough to have the judge throw out the original custody order. So here's hoping it turns out best for your niece.

Supermike on
    edited January 2011
    Supermike wrote: »
    My best friend, his mother and his niece went through nearly the same thing. Not sure where you live, but here in Texas, the divorce 13 days later is enough to have the judge throw out the original custody order. So here's hoping it turns out best for your niece.

I'm in Ohio.

I really hope things work out like that. The divorce thing and medical issues may be what does her in. I wish we would have went after her when it happened, though.

No point in crying about it now.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how the system works but reading that part about him/her not going after the forgery charges because it would be too hard just made me sick to my stomach. This a little girl's life we are talking about and you are willing to roll the dice on the criminals fucking up enough to lose custody? That just doesn't sound cool at all, and I'm sorry you had to go that route because I'm sure if it was in your control you would of done everything you could to bust these assholes.

My mom is a guardian ad litem and she has told me a little bit about some of the crazy bs she has to put up with because people will just pull the most scumbag moves to get custody of their kids. And the courts just don't seem to care because it sounds like some of these people just constantly break the rules given to them and the court just goes "Okay we'll still let you share custody of this kid you have no desire of caring for properly". And in most cases they are either just trying to squeeze money out of the system or doing it all just to spite the other parent. So yeah the whole thing just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm sorry man I can only hope it all works out for you and the right thing happens for you and your niece.

Inkyblots on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Death to the False Parent

Weaver on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey Macro, that's all horrible to hear.

In fact that's all goddamn awful to hear.

I used to work IT for the child welfare department. For a different country, so the rules are completely different, but we have a policy over here of family/whanau first; the best information we have is that it is always better to place in situations like this as close to the actual family as possible. Seeing as the woman is no longer actually related to the child I'm pretty sure that if this came up over here, you'd have bunch of mediated meetings and red tape, but you'd get the result you were after.

Sadly, I don't know how the system works over there, but I hope, for your family's sake, that it works in a similar fashion.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That is just one of the most awful situations I can imagine. I really hope you all get through it alright.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    When they come to get her she snatches me in her arms and cries like crazy begging me not to let them take her.

This makes my heart ache just reading it :(

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • MegalomaniageekMegalomaniageek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fishman wrote: »

I used to work IT for the child welfare department. For a different country, so the rules are completely different, but we have a policy over here of family/whanau first; the best information we have is that it is always better to place in situations like this as close to the actual family as possible. Seeing as the woman is no longer actually related to the child I'm pretty sure that if this came up over here, you'd have bunch of mediated meetings and red tape, but you'd get the result you were after.

Sadly, I don't know how the system works over there, but I hope, for your family's sake, that it works in a similar fashion.

AFAIK it mostly works that way here too, that the child welfare system strongly favors biological ties. It sometimes works to the system's detriment (I've heard far, far too many stories of really fucked up crackhead moms getting their kids back because they're related and she waaaaaants iiiiiiiit) but it's not an inherent flaw for sure.

Megalomaniageek on
    edited January 2011
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how the system works but reading that part about him/her not going after the forgery charges because it would be too hard just made me sick to my stomach. This a little girl's life we are talking about and you are willing to roll the dice on the criminals fucking up enough to lose custody? That just doesn't sound cool at all, and I'm sorry you had to go that route because I'm sure if it was in your control you would of done everything you could to bust these assholes.

My mom is a guardian ad litem and she has told me a little bit about some of the crazy bs she has to put up with because people will just pull the most scumbag moves to get custody of their kids. And the courts just don't seem to care because it sounds like some of these people just constantly break the rules given to them and the court just goes "Okay we'll still let you share custody of this kid you have no desire of caring for properly". And in most cases they are either just trying to squeeze money out of the system or doing it all just to spite the other parent. So yeah the whole thing just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm sorry man I can only hope it all works out for you and the right thing happens for you and your niece.

I just think at this point she's doing it out of spite. I have a good feeling that it's going to come back and bite her in a bad way.
    Fishman wrote: »

Hopefully our lawyer will give us an idea of what to expect. I think we have enough to show that she's not a good parent for her. Hopefully they see that as well.

It just burns that someone who is not her family was able to do these things. I am ashamed of it because every time my niece begs me not to let them take her there's nothing I can do about it. Also I feel it should have never gotten to the point it's at.

We have more money and will be pushing it all towards this. Sometimes money is all people need.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    God damn Marco, that's fucked up. Wish i could help in someway, but all I got is arson, and that's no good. I hope this works out for you, no one should have to go through this.

Melding on
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    God damn, Macro

God damn.

Good to hear that you're not flat broke and can afford to get this going in court. It sucks that you have to pay for all this bullshit in the first place though.

marty_0001 on
  • SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Damn son, that sucks. Hope it all works out, the US justice system tends to work against those kind of people, as long as you don't have the lawyer from arrested development like someone mentioned before

Saint on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If there is anything i know about the American legal system is that the person with the most money tends to win the most. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Melding on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Er, maybe I'm just being stupid, but could you please clarify who is who in this story? There are too many pronouns . Otherwise, that sounds horrible I hope it works out.

Coinage on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Damn, Macro

Bro hugs

and

Bro makeouts if you are into that

Or not I am just kidding haha

Unless you're not

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Macro, have you considered hiring a P.I.?

My aunt is going through something similar with her grandson. She was told to hire a P.I. to get dirt on the dad in order to prove he is an unfit parent.

Seems like at the very least, you'd get some info on her if it went to court.

MereHappenstance on
  • NerindilNerindil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When they come to get her she snatches me in her arms and cries like crazy begging me not to let them take her.

This makes my heart ache just reading it :(

Nerindil on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck macro

just

jesus fucking christ

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    stories like this are what make me pissed at everything

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I've actually heard that pretty much all P.I.s actually do is spy on people to prove they're awful in small claims court and stuff like that.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good on you and your mother for trying so hard to help her, Macro.

Hopefully that wretch of a woman will do something idiotic (without endangering the kid), and easily provable soon so you can have her custody revoked.

Blegh. Situations like this are just sickening.

edit: what Tommy said

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man that's fucked up.

And like someone said earlier hopefully you don't have a shitty lawyer.

Oghulk on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The one very small positive in this is that your niece is still young enough that if she's able to get out of this situation now, she hopefully won't retain too many memories of this. I'm sure it'll still have an effect but if she were even 2-3 years older it could be even more traumatic

So hopefully you can get her out of that terrible situation! It's nowhere near the same, but when I was about 5-6 my mom had to send me and my older bro to sitters a lot, and one couple who watched us was pretty bad. Their house was dirty and full of garbage, they were pretty negligent except when they decided to spank us/threaten us with belts (which my mom didn't tell them they could, and she didn't believe us when we told her at first). Even just going there a couple times a week was really awful, so I can't even imagine how it must be for your niece.

Houk the Namebringer on