As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody post in the new [STEAM] thread.

1565758596062»

• Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SteevL wrote: »
    I have a question about Killing Floor: does your perk progress get saved on a server somewhere, or is it stored on my PC? And if the latter, where?

it's locally stored, you can use Steam Achievement Manager to modify it.

Are you sure? I'm quite sure the stats and perks are stored on Tripwire's servers, read it at the Steam Forums once.

If you try playing KF on offline mode, you won't have access to your perks (Unless that was what happened the last time I tried).

I once had to format my computer without backing everything, and I still had my perks once I reinstalled KF.

QUESTION: I liked X-Com, but I was overwhelmed by the difficulty, I remember that there is this X-Com-like game called UFO: Extraterrestials, it even has a base building section, which I read it was simplifed compared to X-Com. It is currently 5.00 USD, should I get it?

being quite sure about something you read on a message board (much less Steam forums) is silly

but yes you can use Steam Achievement Manager to fix the perk grinding.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    BlackKnight77BlackKnight77 Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Are you serious? You heard that 1 person said Grotesque Tactic sucks and then you don't buy it?
    Here is my opinion. Grotesque Tactics is the best parody RPG ever made. Its cool, easy, funny with a nice turn based combat system.

check the vids of Grotesque tactics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mesd_shW2DE

Lets play vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKg-dmRvWc

BlackKnight77 on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Docshifty wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Picked up NWN2 and dead space.

So weak... so very weak.....

So you know, there's an error where character and camera movement does nothing but stutter if you're computer has been running for more than a day or so. If you run into this, download this. Put the clientextender.hdl and the launcher in the same folder (any folder) and use that to launch the game, it'll solve the problem.

ty!

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elin wrote: »
    So ... the Broken Sword Triple Pack is $8.50 and I love point and click adventure games.

On the other hand I'm broke, I'm playing Dragon Age and New Vegas, and school starts in a week.

Do I say fuck it and buy the pack anyhow, or do I stay strong?

I would wait. They just released a redid version of Broken Sword 2 for iOS devices. Hopefully that'll pop up on Steam as well.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone play Darkest of Days? The concept intrigues me.

An-D on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've never played it but the quicklook is hilarious

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-darkest-of-days/17-1370/

tofu on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hear it's probably one of the worst games made in recent years. Darkest of Days, that is.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Can anyone help me out? I had an error when trying to open steam this morning so I reinstalled steam, now all my save files are missing and I have to reinstall all the games. Any way to get the save games back? Specifically The Witcher and Super Meat Boy.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Try disk recovery software

Witcher save games should be in <documents>/The Witcher/saves
    SMB I'm afraid was in the steam folder. Steam\steamapps\common\super meat boy\UserData

Alegis on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Thank god, the witcher is there...fortunately I sort of have a back up of Super Meat Boy.

Fizban140 on
This discussion has been closed.