As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the week 5-16-07

1235»

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    New Marvel Series:

The Twenty Or So

Mike Carey and Jim Chueng come together to tell a wonderous story about the few who read the X-Men series as if it were somehow relevant! Special Guest Appearance by Wolverine and Cable!

But yeah, why does it appeal to you guy(s)? I mean, from what I'm told there has been quite a dip in quality in all things X.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    All things X that don't start with "New" or end with "-Factor" maybe.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh, are we hating on Astonishing now, too?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Htown wrote: »

No. No we are not. I want that clearly understood. We are not hating Astonishing.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Not quite yet. I mean, they could be more timely but you know...

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    A dip in quality? The X-titles are the best they've been in years.

DJ Eebs on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »

Can't argue with that.

Bogart on
    edited May 2007

Ah, well. I can't really vouch for that one, so I didn't include it. I try not to read things with characters I hate.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »

Ah, well. I can't really vouch for that one, so I didn't include it. I try not to read things with characters I hate.

You hate Colossus? And shadow cat? And Beast?

Do you hate fun and happy as abstract ideas too?

Langly on
    edited May 2007
    I love Colossus and Beast. And fun and happy for that matter.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Everybody loves Shadowcat. Shut up.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    yeah, she has her moments where she is cool and badass. but lets be honest here:

img020yl2.jpg

delphinus on
    edited May 2007
    But, as she points out, she could so easily kill him. Kitty pretty much destroys every plot unless they build something just to take her out. How many times have we seen guys show up with just the right gas/laser/etc. that will affect her while phased?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »

I, and many of my friends, hate her lots.

Also, she so completely can't kill Santo that it's not even funny. Now, I'm not saying that he could take her out, of course, but...dude was blown into pieces by NIMROD. What's Kitty gonna do?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »

This is the absolute truth.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kitty always has the "instant win" move of phasing a baseball bat into someone's brain. Whether that would work on Rockslide or not, who knows.

Scooter on
    edited May 2007
    Probably not, since he was literally a pile of rubble (the biggest chunk of his head was an eye and a nose) when NIMROD finished with him, and he came back from that.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Also, she so completely can't kill Santo that it's not even funny. Now, I'm not saying that he could take her out, of course, but...dude was blown into pieces by NIMROD. What's Kitty gonna do?

blow him into smaller pieces, and make sure he can't get regenerated back this time?

Fencingsax on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Probably not, since he was literally a pile of rubble when NIMROD finished with him, and he came back from that.

Only with help.

Kitty could phase him through anything and fuse him with said object.

Fencingsax on
    edited May 2007
    He was already reassembling. Hellion just sped it up.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited May 2007
    He was already reassembling. Hellion just sped it up.

Meh, if he was fused through anything, he wouldn't be able to do that.

Fencingsax on
    edited May 2007
    Yeah. She'd just phase him out and push him into a wall or something.

Note : she's also a ninja.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

It would cause her to be hurt/lose an appendage, but she could phase her hand directly into his brain.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007

It would cause her to be hurt/lose an appendage, but she could phase her hand directly into his brain.

She can do a lot better than that

Fencingsax on
    edited May 2007
    I believe she can also make herself only partially tangible. She used it in a 'What If?' to animate Storm's dead body. Sorta like how Vision can do that trick and not lose his hand.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    In the Wolverine: Enemy of the State What If? To incapacitate Wolverine she had to phaze her glove into his face, but she couldn't just do that, so she lost the hand.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    In the Wolverine: Enemy of the State What If? To incapacitate Wolverine she had to phaze her glove into his face, but she couldn't just do that, so she lost the hand.

She could phase him (santo) through the wall. Have you read Top Ten? Like that.

Fencingsax on
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've already complained about the Invisible Woman scene from this issue, but would it really have been that hard for Kitty to find something sitting around and phase that into Wolverine's brain instead of sacrificing her arm?

Orogogus on