As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PPDEast-See you next year!

• VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They're custom building a menu for us, it's not set yet.

VisionOfClarity on
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Awesome sauce is not cheap too

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dear Sir,

You may be aware that I have, in recent years, expressed an interest in the consumption of noms. Specifically, I have cultivated a strong expertise in fried noms (c.f. MelesMeles and others 2010). You will also be aware that I have already expressed my intention to attend your so-called Pre PAX Dinner (I say "so-called" because I argue that PAX is an eternal state of being, and therefore your dinner cannot truly exist before or after it, only as an event within the all-encompassing awesomesauce that is PAX). However, you should be aware that your event has garnered significant interest from a number of fellow experts in this field. Therefore, please be prepared to provision at least two, and possibly up to four, fellow researchers with a suitable supply of fried noms.

Yours sincerely,

MelesMeles

MelesMeles on
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They're custom building a menu for us, it's not set yet.

Alrighty, I guess it is a little early yet, lol. Agreed that awesomesauce isn't cheap, and if it's like a full dinner menu buffet with some hors d'oeuvres, I can totally understand that price. I'm really interested in going, so I hope it turns out nice.

Exodus1 on
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Okay, I changed my travel plans and I'll be taking the train now, which unfortunately for my stomach means I won't be there.

(former text)
    Sounds like it will be a good time to begin socializing (and I like food) so I'm in.

Durinthal on
    edited December 2010
    Alright guys, there should be a menu shortly followed by tickets!

VisionOfClarity on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Super

Goose! on
    edited December 2010
    Still in!

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright guys, there should be a menu shortly followed by tickets!

Hey Vision, just about how quickly do you estimate this to be ready? I assume sometime next week?

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

edited January 2011
    So Bell in Hand just now decided to tell me they can't do under 21. I'm pretty pissed to say the least.

So I can contact other places and see who can put us in or we can make this 21+. I'm going to start scouting other places tonight and you guys can let me know what you think.

VisionOfClarity on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow that's pretty crap.

In March when we did the Dinner there were a ton of people that looked under 21 to me.

Rdr on
    edited January 2011
    There definitely are. I tried fighting them on it but them hemmed and hawed about it like crazy. I'm leaning towards Dick's Last Resort if they have room for us. It will bring the price point down and it's easy to get to. With Dick's the price will be about $22 person with various meal options. It would be sit down in a bar atmosphere.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    Ok, we could do it for $22.09/pp at Dick's. I'm on the phone with them now to see if this doable.

VisionOfClarity on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dicks is Great, but isn't the venue a little small? I mean IDK how many people we're expecting to go to this, but I went following last Years PAX and it seemed small

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
    edited January 2011
    I'm setting the limit at 75 again this year. We're probably going to be filling half the restaurant easy.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for making the change so quick!

Dick's should be alright. I won't be able to order my ticket until the 14th but that shouldn't be a problem. Good price!

Rdr on
  • RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there anyway to show the remaining ticket numbers on the eventbrite page? I'm trying to figure out if i know anyone else going, but might just take the jump if they come close to selling out!

Edit: I don't supposed EventBrite let you add paypal payment, if the buyer pays the fees do you? British card companies screw you on any transaction not in GBP, and PayPal translate for you...

RazorD on
    edited January 2011
    I'll update here. Don't worry, it won't sell out without notice.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    RazorD wrote: »
    Is there anyway to show the remaining ticket numbers on the eventbrite page? I'm trying to figure out if i know anyone else going, but might just take the jump if they come close to selling out!

Edit: I don't supposed EventBrite let you add paypal payment, if the buyer pays the fees do you? British card companies screw you on any transaction not in GBP, and PayPal translate for you...

Ya VisionofClarity did great earlier this year with updating people directly in the forum and I believe it took about 2 months for that event to sell out.

Also EventBrite does accept Paypal but you'll be responsible for the fees associated with using it.

Rdr on
  • RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    RazorD wrote: »

Ya VisionofClarity did great earlier this year with updating people directly in the forum and I believe it took about 2 months for that event to sell out.

Also EventBrite does accept Paypal but you'll be responsible for the fees associated with using it.

Ahha, I did some research and VisionofClarity will have to configure paypal if he wants it supported. I'm more than happy to pay all the fees associated with paying by paypal, it's much cheaper than the $10 or so i'll have to pay extra if i use a british card! :)

Edit: Actually, seems like it might be way more effort than it's worth, as you have to make sure you have a premier paypal account to pay into, etc. - I'll just pay the transaction fees! Thanks!

RazorD on
    edited January 2011
    I can do only credit cards their way or paypal, I can't do both, and I'd rather leave it all with eventbrite.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    Sucks what Bell in Hand did to you Vision. I haven't been there, but I haven't been to Dick's either. Just bought my ticket, too.

acumen101 on

edited January 2011
    Huzzah! Dick's was super accommodating too.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    I'll see you there, then!

acumen101 on

• LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was looking forward to Bell In Hand, kinda bummed about the venue change. Been to eateries similar to Dicks, just not the kind of stuff I find enjoyable.

Do you know if there is a way to opt out of all the heckling and what not?

Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    they tend to be much less annoying if you're just quiet and mind your own business, there will be louder people who will take the lions share of heckling i'm sure.

Also I guess i'm all signed up.

MxWood on
    edited January 2011
    I'm going as soon as I know what I'll be eating.

I also went ahead and updated the official PAX East 2011 map for you. The new location is on the map with links to the thread and the ticket sales. I figured it would be a good idea to leave the old location there but I added a warning on the label stating that the venue had changed. I figured there people who would look at the map for more info on the Bell would get the message.

Surely deleting the Bell would have been better but I'm not the map owner and I don't know the policies about deleting items.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think I'll grab a ticket later today. I didn't do the prepax meal last year because I showed up the day pax started. This year I'm doing the day prior to avoid having to sit on the train, sit in line, sit in keynote - it made for a super long day.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got my ticket, thanks for organizing everything.

Exodus1 on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bought my ticket!

Bucketman on
    edited January 2011
    Woohoo!

VisionOfClarity on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grabbing my ticket later. Shame about the Bell in Hand, but oh well.

And, Vision... sorry to say, but I miss the gerbil thing in your icon =P

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
    edited January 2011
    Got my ticket!

Rdr on
    edited January 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »
    Grabbing my ticket later. Shame about the Bell in Hand, but oh well.

And, Vision... sorry to say, but I miss the gerbil thing in your icon =P

Haha, I had Mort for a long time but I get bored so easily. I'm afraid I'll never have a proper forum identity.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    I wish I could have picked the Fish and Chip, I figure anything related to sea food (even remotely) in Boston must have +5 to taste. Sadly my half liver would not make it.

Bla bla bla bought our tickets can't wait bla bla bla.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We went to the dinner last year and met some of our best friends, can't wait for this years dinner!

Stephidabefida on
    bftgk95jb551.png

• ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just bought my ticket! Hopefully some of my friends who are joining me for PAX follow my example! SOOOO Pumped for March!

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't want to be a party pooper and I really hope you all have a good time, but Dick's is a horrible choice. The food sucks and the whole "abuse the customers" gimmick gets irritating after about 5 minutes. I can only imagine the experience a big group of video game nerds will have at this place. Best of luck though, just don't let the meal or the people there give you a bad impression of my awesome city.

RDubb on
    edited January 2011
    In 5 years I never had a bad experience at Dick's. But thanks for shitting on our parade.

VisionOfClarity on