As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My creative labs warcraft headsets fly the horde flag. In secret. Fuck you, guild.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    except they're winning pretty much everywhere, rather than losing

that's kind of the whole point, here

I think the sum of it is that Blizzard just can't seem to grasp that Alliance will never have pride. They critically failed at doing anything to inspire Alliance pride to begin with, made some horribly hamfisted attempts to shove it in in Wrath, and with the Alliance losing every battle to Horde that isn't being fought by Kul Tiras nutjobs, have managed somehow to make it worse (can it be less than zero?) in Cataclysm.

They should stop bothering, because the players are never, ever going to care. Alliance vs. Horde is one-sided, and always will be.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah I have zero connection to the alliance. If every npc was as awesome as Keeshan then maybe. Arguably the Alliance's best npcs are insane or borderline.

Beezel on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Every Wildhammer is fantastic. The wedding in Twilight Highlands was the most amazing thing.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    except they're winning pretty much everywhere, rather than losing

that's kind of the whole point, here

I think the sum of it is that Blizzard just can't seem to grasp that Alliance will never have pride. They critically failed at doing anything to inspire Alliance pride to begin with, made some horribly hamfisted attempts to shove it in in Wrath, and with the Alliance losing every battle to Horde that isn't being fought by Kul Tiras nutjobs, have managed somehow to make it worse (can it be less than zero?) in Cataclysm.

They should stop bothering, because the players are never, ever going to care. Alliance vs. Horde is one-sided, and always will be.

Well I like horde personally because they were the underdog faction back in Vanilla when I started playing. It has normalized now but I imagine the A to H ratio was alot higher than 1.2 to 1 back in the day.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Every Wildhammer is fantastic. The wedding in Twilight Highlands was the most amazing thing.

<3

The Wildhammers are the Beverly Hillbillies of Dwarves

Beezel on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    that is true, but it had absolutely nothing to do with people actually liking Alliance and (in my opinion) everything to do with the fact that the Horde races were just plain ugly in terms of appearance. Even -- perhaps especially -- in Vanilla, Horde players were much more prone to band together as a faction than Alliance.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also undead dominated in PvP. Silly old WotF.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also undead dominated in PvP. Silly old WotF.

Humans in arenas early.... nuff said.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Man, looking at racials now makes me sad. Goblin and Human just come out so far ahead and Goblins are still miles in front of Humans. What the hell?

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    So in other words, either we suck or our raid comp sucks. Got it.

Our guild just did BWD for the first time and though it took a lot of wipes we got both Magmaw and the Omnitron Defense System down. We had to have people alter their spec and we had to change our role composition as well for the fights. For Magmaw I had to respec destruction from affliction and we had to drop our 3rd healer in favor of another ranged DPS. But between switching to a spec with an aoe stun and another ranged DPS we could handle the larva much, much better and the fight went much more smoothly as a result.

For Omnitron we had to switch back to three healers though, there is just so much raid wide damage that our two healers manapools could just not keep up, even with me speccing back to affliction and keeping myself fully healed via drain life and the like. These fights are definitely hard and until people start getting pretty well geared (I mean, my character walked into BWD tonight wearing 5 epics and I'm not the highest i-level in my guild) you are going to have to seriously look at your raid comp for some of these fights.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Blizzard, as a company, is very big on making humanity as flawed and douchey as possible. They do it in Starcraft too. Sure, Jim Raynor is a bastion of awesomeness, but everything else about the Terrans is a bleak picture with more backstabbing and general assholery than the other races. Sarah Kerrigan is a way more sympathetic character as the Queen of Blades than Mengsk ever was.

The same is true in Warcraft. Arthas is an ass. King Varian is an ass. Pretty much every other human character is an ass with the exception of Jaina.

Its just what they do. In Blizzard games, humans are asses.

Don't forget corruption! Its the main thing they use!

Arthas corrupted! Sageras corrupted! Orcs corrupted! Hero from Diablo 1 corrupted! Emerald Dream corrupted! Storm Peaks, Ulduar, etc corrupted!

Arrath on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alliance vs Horde....

I always play Horde. Warcraft 1...2.. Always Horde.

Alliance just always seemed lame to me.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It might be that the Orcs being a bunch of bloodthirsty marauders, and the Forsaken wanting to commit genocide via weapons of so-evil-even-the-orcs-won't-touch-it destruction, might have something to do with them doing well militarily. Maybe.

However, their alliance is disintegrating while the... umm, Alliance... is becoming more cohesive, so there's that.

And Genn Greymane is a badass. As is Mekkatorque, actually.

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't say no to an Alliance consisting wholly of Dwarves, Gnomes, and Worgen, along with refugees from the other Alliance races.

Razak Ironsides would be the head of the military.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fuck Varian, I want Greymane as the Alliance leader. Or if we can't have that then maybe Admiral Proudmoore, whatever he's up to these days.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wonder if Kul Tiras will show up in Cata at all. Maybe in a content patch or something.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was thinking about raid content today.

Blizzard said they want to do it BC-style (i.e. 2-3 raids per content with 5-7 bosses per raid) and if so what can they do for raids?

There'll be water-raid, fire raid, and earth raid at least, but what else can they do?

I guess maybe something to do with the titans in Ulduar.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Our guild just did BWD for the first time and though it took a lot of wipes we got both Magmaw and the Omnitron Defense System down. We had to have people alter their spec and we had to change our role composition as well for the fights. For Magmaw I had to respec destruction from affliction and we had to drop our 3rd healer in favor of another ranged DPS. But between switching to a spec with an aoe stun and another ranged DPS we could handle the larva much, much better and the fight went much more smoothly as a result.

For Omnitron we had to switch back to three healers though, there is just so much raid wide damage that our two healers manapools could just not keep up, even with me speccing back to affliction and keeping myself fully healed via drain life and the like. These fights are definitely hard and until people start getting pretty well geared (I mean, my character walked into BWD tonight wearing 5 epics and I'm not the highest i-level in my guild) you are going to have to seriously look at your raid comp for some of these fights.

We did BWD tonite as well. It is a step up in difficulty but I never felt as if it was impossible. We only got Magmaw down as the guild leader wanted to do it with one tank for a long time (pali). Once they added me in as I was sitting we downed it in 3 or 4 attempts. It was ugly but only cause the GL fell into the lava at 3% :). I would recommend guilds bringing in another tank for the first few downing of the worm because it made it much easier on the healers.

Our lock was demo for Felgaurd WW :) It worked for us as we were low on slowing aoe dps. The stun probably would have worked better. I enjoyed tonite and look forward to Omnitron tomorrow.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

A really neat thing my guild discovered when we downed Magmaw was that if you just had everyone but one person within 15 yards of the boss, only that one person would get hit by the pillar so you could then have that person kite the parasites/have the raid be ready to snare the area that the kiter was in and then shoot them down. It made the encounter a lot easier as almost everyone didn't have to re position except for when ignition occurred and so they could then spend most of their time just standing and doing straight dps/healing. It was a little tricky for hunters though as there was only a very small area that they could stand in if they didn't want to get hit by the fire pillar and wipe the group

Omnitron is doable once you get your raid group used to the mechanics and the effects of the combinations of the golems in the fight. Like how you would typically stack up for magmatron but if you have the electron out too, its much more worth it to spread out as magmatrons aoe skill isn't as horrible in comparison. Or only having the three healers in the blue pool that arcanatron drops and forgetting about the 50% damage buff when you're dealing with both arcanatron and electron since the chain lightning can instant kill people after the 3rd jump

I don't really think there was any point where we had to do some serious raid composition work except for switching from one tank to two tanks when moving from magmaw to omnitron. Hell we had a pretty crazy composition of 3 hunters when we downed omnitron and a healer make up of 2 holy paladins and 1 resto shaman.

Generally I think Omnitron/Magmaw/Conclave are dependant less on gear and mainly on raid co ordination and some raid composition work if you have a crazy group makeup. But I mean its 10 man so raid composition is much more important anyway

PoolCue on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I was thinking about raid content today.

Blizzard said they want to do it BC-style (i.e. 2-3 raids per content with 5-7 bosses per raid) and if so what can they do for raids?

There'll be water-raid, fire raid, and earth raid at least, but what else can they do?

I guess maybe something to do with the titans in Ulduar.

Plenty of tombs in Uldum they can just open up.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Turn the Undercity into a raid with Sylvanas as the boss while the undead capital moves to Stormgard.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Turn the Undercity into a raid with Sylvanas as the boss while the undead capital moves to Stormgard.

Then laugh as all the Alliance become hopelessly lost in the raid

Javen on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well as I understand is hunters are currently the tip top DPS class at the moment so having three of them sounds like pretty dang good raid comp to me. :D

Edit: Why do you stack up for Magmatron though? I can't recall anything that required stacking up.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm sure they'll re-use C-Thun or something at some point. They just aren't that imaginative really. I'm not really sure why there'd be a raid in the abyssal maw since Neptulon is kinda nice and sides with us but they'll probably do something. Corruption, probably. That's Metzen's failsafe for when he lacks any kind of talent for story telling (most of the time, basically).

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They've still got like three more doors in Wyrmrest, just sitting there. They could easily put something there and have a way for people to port over to northrend for it.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bronze Dragon Boss: ZA WAURDO

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I really don't see Catclysm having 18+ months in it comapred to TBC and Wrath of raids and dungeons

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll re-use C-Thun or something at some point. ... I'm not really sure why there'd be a raid in the abyssal maw since Neptulon is kinda nice and sides with us but they'll probably do something.
    You answered your own question: there's an old god under Vashj'ir, and it needs killing.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I wonder if Kul Tiras will show up in Cata at all. Maybe in a content patch or something.

I figure they want to let it finish drifting first, since apparently it's quite farther out to sea.

And, at Blizzcon the question came up.
    "We have to save something for the future patches, not now. We will deal with Kul Tiras in the future."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    In silverpine the Horde fleet (3 or 4 warships) gets taken out by a group of like..8 Worgen. Who have no seige weapons or heavy weapons whatsoever.

In their defense, the Orc fleet was really, really, really drunk at the time.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck Varian, I want Greymane as the Alliance leader. Or if we can't have that then maybe Admiral Proudmoore, whatever he's up to these days.

He dead.

reVerse on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Problim can't be dazed or stunned anymore :(

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well Nozdormu is pretty much a guaranteed raid boss at this point; the only question is when.

Sylvanas looks to be one, since she's hell-bent on being the Lich Queen. She'll probably pull a Sarah Kerrigan.

Garrosh will probably end up drinking demon blood.

Jaina's due for a good corrupting. She's been goody-goody far too long for a Warcraft character.

Onyxia will merge with C'Thun, and be possessed by Sargeras in the Sunwell.

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    reVerse wrote: »

He dead.

:( But but but there's a chance he's still alive! He's only missing right? . . . right?

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Can he be rooted still or is that gone too? That was my key to soloing him, we haven't had the zone lately so I can't try for myself.

Opty on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

He dead.

:( But but but there's a chance he's still alive! He's only missing right? . . . right?

Nope, Rexxar cleaved him in half.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Onyxia will merge with C'Thun, and be possessed by Sargeras in the Sunwell.

...while being ridden by Hogger.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Opty wrote: »

Can he be rooted still or is that gone too? That was my key to soloing him, we haven't had the zone lately so I can't try for myself.

I am a warlock, so I have no idea. There hasn't been any notes on the hotfix, I had to find out the hard way.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

He dead.

Nope, Rexxar cleaved him in half.

I didn't mean Daelin >.< I was talking about the other one. What's his name, Tandred?

Lorahalo on
This discussion has been closed.