As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Fuck Varian, I want Greymane as the Alliance leader. Or if we can't have that then maybe Admiral Proudmoore, whatever he's up to these days.

He dead.

:( But but but there's a chance he's still alive! He's only missing right? . . . right?

Nope, Rexxar cleaved him in half.

I didn't mean Daelin >.< I was talking about the other one. What's his name, Tandred?

His son? Whom Wowwiki describes thusly:
    He's a good person, but he doesn't have his father's courage. He is not the man his father was.

Yeah, let's put him in charge.

reVerse on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    He'd be better than King Chin.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, let's just kill Varian and put his kid in charge. No need to bother someone else's kid.

reVerse on
  • Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't understand why everybody bitches about Wrynn while Sylvanas pursues global genocide.

Well, maybe I do. I mean, she does almost show sideboob in the new Eastern Kingdoms loading screen.

Agent Cooper on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think Anduin would be a good ruler if you can get past that whole
    hearthing away while you take an assassin's dagger for him
    I couldn't. I know he's just a kid but even fucking PEBBLE throws rocks at shit you fight. Because pebble is a bro. and not a coward like Wrynn's boy

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Problim can't be dazed or stunned anymore :(

And the crocolisk hide quest items aren't shared any longer. :x

Echo on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Beezel wrote: »
    I think Anduin would be a good ruler if you can get past that whole
    hearthing away while you take an assassin's dagger for him
    I couldn't. I know he's just a kid but even fucking PEBBLE throws rocks at shit you fight. Because pebble is a bro. and not a coward like Wrynn's boy
    His hearth only goes to one place. He hearthed to THERAMORE than had Jaina portal him back to SW so he could get help for you.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What's with all the night elf hate? I haven't noticed them being snobby towards the other races since the Reign of Chaos campaign.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think they're so much snobby as they are just flat out geese. Blood Elves are snobby. Night Elves are sort of irrational assholes that like to cause themselves a lot of problems that eventually become everyone else's problem. Stop making wells of eternity, guys. Seriously.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think they're so much snobby as they are just flat out geese. Blood Elves are snobby. Night Elves are sort of irrational assholes that like to cause themselves a lot of problems that eventually become everyone else's problem. Stop making wells of eternity, guys. Seriously.

That was Illidan. He was hardly a shining example of kal'doreihood.

And the first one was left by the Titans, if I recall correctly.

Agent Cooper on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    they need to bring back Atiesh

Nerdgasmic on
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well as I understand is hunters are currently the tip top DPS class at the moment so having three of them sounds like pretty dang good raid comp to me. :D

Edit: Why do you stack up for Magmatron though? I can't recall anything that required stacking up.

Magmatron has an AoE skill called 'Incineration Security Measure' which does raid wide damage, so it seemed more efficient to stack up behind the boss and AoE heal it rather than have everyone spread out doing their own thing and making the healers have to cast more spells to get everyone up. This also works well with his other move called 'Acquiring Target' in which he focuses on a random raid member(not the main tank I think) and shoots a line aoe to the target. Since everyone is stacked its generally a lot easier for the targetted raid member to move to an area where the line of fire wont hit anyone but them self.

But like I said, there will be instances(mainly with Electron) where you can't really afford to stack

PoolCue on
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    but even fucking PEBBLE throws rocks at shit you fight. Because pebble is a bro.

Bam, we've got our new Alliance leader.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My raid got together for the first time and tried BWD. We did Omnitron. And unlike the other raids described here, it was not pretty.

People seemed incapable of switching targets, until we were finally able to drill the concept into their head after 4 wipes. It was around 8 wipes until we made it through one full rotation of golems. Magmatrons sheild was popped 3 times. People getting flame throwered died through complete lack of heals. 75% of slimes reached their target. 80% of Arcane Anialation went uninturupted. And out of the 3 healers we had, one was lagging so badly they could barely cast, one was a disc priest that was the death of whichever tank she was main healing, and one was a druid that did well. The disc priest also wiped the raid once by running into the center of the room while targeted for flamethrower, following the druid, completely oblivious to what was about to happen. Best attempt of the night saw them down to 58%.

But hey, the tanks did a great job, thats something at least, right?

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You can't bring retards to Cata raids. All the fights punish poor execution with a wipe, you can't just throw gear and numbers at it.

Argaloth doesn't count.

JAEF on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also that awesome looking whirlpool thing? When you get sucked in, you fight a demon hunter. I thought they were all dead or something.
    That demon hunter is actually just the fragment of a demon hunter, and drops a quest item for Alliance. Not sure if he does for Horde as well.

Either way it was pretty cool finding that in there after jumping into the Whirlpool for the heck of it.
    I knew it kinda was a bad idea, but I just had to throw myself into the STV whirly when I saw it.

I even think the flightmount flinched and refused to go closer to it before I either manually dismounted, or was thrown off, and sucked to my death.

Panda4You on
    edited January 2011
    I know. Sadly, I had to decline the invite from my guilds GOOD 10 man because they raid on the 1 night a week I'm busy. So the raid I'm on got the dregs. I knew this was going to happen before the raid even started, the same disc priest that flamed the whole raid also managed to to ice block 15 people on Sindra 25 several months ago.

It's also the reason I was in favor of doing Omnitron first. There's so much going on there, I'm hoping it beats the stupid out of them.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I was doing the intro quest to TH for the alliance and just as I was about to hop in the gunship to fly there, my dungeon que popped up so I took it. However, once I was done and went back to the gunship site in SW harbor it was gone and so was the dwarf pilot.

Do I need to take the gunship ride or can I just go straight to TH and start the quest chain? Thoughts?

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Echo wrote: »

So I guess Blizzard saw that there were some parts of Tol Barad that weren't completely terrible and so they had to fix that?

Lars on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think the only lore thing I find irritating at the moment is the fact that the forsaken now have a pretty decent naval presence.

Where is their ports? I found this incredibly annoying in northrend and it continues to irritate me. Orcs have a few now, so their fleet makes sense. Forsaken have nowhere their ships actually come from!

-SPI- on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ugh. I swear, I am never getting a new weapon for my warlock. Nothing drops! Raaaage!

Rizzi on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ugh. I swear, I am never getting a new weapon for my warlock. Nothing drops! Raaaage!

At least you're not stuck with a throwing weapon slot and the *only* throwing weapon being from one boss at the very end of Halls of Origination...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

At least you're not stuck with a throwing weapon slot and the *only* throwing weapon being from one boss at the very end of Halls of Origination...

At least you're not a tank with a ranged slot you can't fill without a random world drop EPIC or a quest GREEN.

Decomposey on
  • Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Blizzard, as a company, is very big on making humanity as flawed and douchey as possible. They do it in Starcraft too. Sure, Jim Raynor is a bastion of awesomeness, but everything else about the Terrans is a bleak picture with more backstabbing and general assholery than the other races. Sarah Kerrigan is a way more sympathetic character as the Queen of Blades than Mengsk ever was.

The same is true in Warcraft. Arthas is an ass. King Varian is an ass. Pretty much every other human character is an ass with the exception of Jaina.

Its just what they do. In Blizzard games, humans are asses.

To be fair, I think this spirit is really used with all of the races. Maybe they all aren't douchey, but they all have pluses and minuses that really help to flesh them out as societies and give them personality.

And in each case the head of the different races in WoW is kind of a caricature for their people.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    except they're winning pretty much everywhere, rather than losing

that's kind of the whole point, here

I think the sum of it is that Blizzard just can't seem to grasp that Alliance will never have pride. They critically failed at doing anything to inspire Alliance pride to begin with, made some horribly hamfisted attempts to shove it in in Wrath, and with the Alliance losing every battle to Horde that isn't being fought by Kul Tiras nutjobs, have managed somehow to make it worse (can it be less than zero?) in Cataclysm.

They should stop bothering, because the players are never, ever going to care. Alliance vs. Horde is one-sided, and always will be.

Well I like horde personally because they were the underdog faction back in Vanilla when I started playing. It has normalized now but I imagine the A to H ratio was alot higher than 1.2 to 1 back in the day.

I miss those days. Having a clear underdog faction on almost every server really help bring a certain kind of player to Horde. Not necessarily better or worse than Alliance, but generally they had a pvp ruthlessness to them. Almost a "I want to play as horde, be outnumbered at every turn, and kick their ass anyway" mentality.

Certainly a far cry from the game now where people flock to imbalanced servers because it makes certain parts of the game easier.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lars wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

So I guess Blizzard saw that there were some parts of Tol Barad that weren't completely terrible and so they had to fix that?

Are you goosing serious!? Could this be the rare situation where 'slap in the face' is actually OK to say? That's just going out of their way to be geese. I hope it was an unintended effect from some other change, but I doubt it.

Bobble on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I think the only lore thing I find irritating at the moment is the fact that the forsaken now have a pretty decent naval presence.

Where is their ports? I found this incredibly annoying in northrend and it continues to irritate me. Orcs have a few now, so their fleet makes sense. Forsaken have nowhere their ships actually come from!

Now Garrosh wanted the Fosaken to take Gilneas so the horde could have a eastern port
    The blood elves what quite the dock yard in Eversong. It would not take much to clean the beach of murlocs in Tirisfal and build a dock is that not where Arthas launched his fleet to Northrend?

Strategic planning this game is beyond stupid Why would the allaince need to build all towns and other things when they can just beef up Loch Modan being it is on the other side of the moutain and let the twlight shove the horde into the ocean?

Brainleech on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Do two weeks (of 5 won games each) of arena and you're done. The epic PvP weapons are still better than anything blue, even if they have resilience.

/edit: A blue 346 weapon has 130 int, 1729 spell power and around 170 secondary stats (haste/crit/hit/mastery). The PvP dagger has 146 int, 1954 spellpower and 97 crit.

Grobian on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Certainly a far cry from the game now where people flock to imbalanced servers because it makes certain parts of the game easier.

I like my server because the Vanilla players from both sides are equally bloodthirsty, and since we all know each other now anyways there's a lot of good, dirty fun to be had.

Walt on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The short list of logic missing from WoW lore:

- Forsaken have no ports but a ton of new ships. Where are they coming from? And why can't they build ships and a shipyard in northern Tirisfal? Why did they need Gilneas for a port?
    - Loch Modan should have been reinforced with a bigger Alliance presence, as well as Wetlands, in order to prevent the Twilight's Hammer from crossing over into dwarven territory and invading wholesale, which conversely should have been what Cho'gall should have done from the onset of Cataclysm; taken the Alliance by surprise and invade their central territory.
    - Why is there still a "rebellion" in Stranglethorn with those Alliance marines there? We still have no idea why Kurzen got sent there in the first place and now that he's supposed to be dead, why are they still rebelling? Shouldn't they have been rescued and re-assigned by King Varian or been ordered to build a better command base at the northern boundary of Stranglethorn to protect Duskwood and the human lands beyond?

There might be need for more but that's what I can think of thus far.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WoW is not representative of the "real" version of Azeroth. It's sort of an exaggeration for gameplay purposes. Just as an example, it's supposed to take days to cross the Barrens, not minutes. Things that are missing like ports and such can really be attributed to "it's a game"

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Screw ports. Horde have goblin airships. Well, they had airships until Garrosh decided to run after allies in the middle of a twilight dragon attack. What were the allies doing then anyway?

sim on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What should have happened is that deathwing should've just destroyed stormwind and killed everyone in it.

And then proceeded on to all the other major cities.

but that wouldn't be very much fun, would it

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What should have happened is that deathwing should've just destroyed stormwind and killed everyone in it.

And then proceeded on to all the other major cities.

but that wouldn't be very much fun, would it

What fun is destroying the world if there's nobody there to see it?

sim on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    WoW is not representative of the "real" version of Azeroth. It's sort of an exaggeration for gameplay purposes. Just as an example, it's supposed to take days to cross the Barrens, not minutes. Things that are missing like ports and such can really be attributed to "it's a game"

This is precisely how I look at it.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    man, there is really a lot of variety available among goblin faces/ears. I wish they would redo the other character models, or at least add some new variations.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ugh, came back to the game with a few real life friends and except for one epic crafted piece, have basically everything I can get that's non-raid.

We're building a new guild from scratch with a few old returnees and are prepping for our first raid Thursday. We have some newbs, so I can just imagine / am terrified by the dps numbers recount might show me. I know I didn't like how I was eclipsing a new ilvl'd 330 paladin and dk with my 6k dps as a tank, but I am hoping that's just gear / lack of raid buffs / knowledge of instances. Luckily, those two are probably benched for tomorrow, but still.

I am aiming us at BWD for the first one (assuming Pit Lord isn't up). Is this a good idea? :). And is it wrong that I am so worried about our dps?

Our tanks are veterans and geared, our healers are vets and geared, but the dps is mostly new guys...:(

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So did the Northrend Dungeons get updated like the 1-60 dungeons and have quest givers in the opening area and maps, or are they like the Outland Dungeons?

It's kind of a bummer running dungeons in Outland right now after how great the 1-60 dungeons were.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hopefully they will go through with their hinted at plans to update Outlands and Northrend to reflect lore changes, gameplay changes and ease of access changes that will smooth out the levelling process for those 20 levels or so and make them fun and interesting within the wider context of Cataclysm.
    Probably won't be for a while though, what with their development of that new MMO behind the scenes and the first big Cata patch and content that needs to be out before the hardcore raiders start to bitch. Updating the old expansion content will probably be a periodic process like Old World updates were prior to Cata.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I am aiming us at BWD for the first one (assuming Pit Lord isn't up). Is this a good idea? :). And is it wrong that I am so worried about our dps?

Our tanks are veterans and geared, our healers are vets and geared, but the dps is mostly new guys...:(

You need 9-10k dps at least on average for raids. Good dps should pull ~10-11k single target in full heroic gear.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
This discussion has been closed.