As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    So he was probably smart to leave.
    Depends on if he inspected them.

If they were poopily geared, yes.

If not, then as said above, there are several ways it could've gone very well.

I dunno warriors have like a 25% hardcore awesome dps group, and a 75% mouthbreather fire stander group. They are better then ret paladins who have a 5 to 95 representation, but 3 of them in a group is just like being the lone sorority girl at a frat kegger, bad things are about to happen.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    By the way, on the second boss of Grim Batol, with his sword things, yeah he hits a little faster but if your tank is losing lots of health its because your healer is not dispelling the stacking debuff that his sword applies to the tank.

I'll have to point that out next time I'm in there and there is a problem. I try and disarm as soon as the switch occurs, does he apply it without them being up?

I think he applies it with every swing so I assume he does not apply them when he is disarmed. No one in the group I usually run can disarm though so I do not know.

Inquisitor on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like Garrosh as a leader, he's at least more of a presence then Thrall ever was. It's sad that they killed Cairne and then had Baine take over being a do nothing faction leader. Same with whoever leads the blood elves and its nice the goblins "leader" isn't even in game/no goblin would ever want to follow.

"Hmmm.. I haven't met my quota of throwing people off of cliffs today. What to do? What to do....."

L Ron Howard on
    edited January 2011
    I like Garrosh as a leader, he's at least more of a presence then Thrall ever was. It's sad that they killed Cairne and then had Baine take over being a do nothing faction leader. Same with whoever leads the blood elves and its nice the goblins "leader" isn't even in game/no goblin would ever want to follow.

"Hmmm.. I haven't met my quota of throwing people off of cliffs today. What to do? What to do....."

People make a big deal about that one, but another horde General does the exact same thing to someone who was just ineffective. Apparently if you lead anything in the horde, stay on the ground!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So after days of not getting a god damn hit trinket (hatechu HoO) I got my Dreamless Belt from my tailoring friend last night and am now above hit cap. I'm also at the haste soft cap (for fire mages this is what you want). Now I just need to work on upping my crit.

My guild is doin a 10-man tonight. They did one Monday but didn't get anything down. I signed up but got put as standby if no one shows up but I doubt no one won't show up, so I'm planning with a friend to start a second 10-man group seeing as how we already have; A) 2 Tanks, B) A good amount of really good DPS, but we need to get a few more healers and a few more dps to bring the group altogether.

Question though, do you need 2 healers or 3 healers for the raids? I'm thinking 3 for 10-mans just as an in case thing but I know you can do Algaroth with 2 so...

Oghulk on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was kinda disappointed to see just how quickly I replaced all of that Elemental Boss gear. Not that I worked very hard to get it, but still, I was hoping it would last longer than three quests in Mount Hyjal.

Fairchild on
    edited January 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I was kinda disappointed to see just how quickly I replaced all of that Elemental Boss gear. Not that I worked very hard to get it, but still, I was hoping it would last longer than three quests in Mount Hyjal.

Meh if I knew that the shield was going to be so easily swapped I wouldn't have bothered to screw around with that horribad fight.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's funny, because this is the same thing that happened when BC came out, and people were flipping a lid after spending months (or years) getting their epics to be replaced by greens.

Besides, the entire game is about upgrading your equipment, right?

belligerent on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

People make a big deal about that one, but another horde General does the exact same thing to someone who was just ineffective. Apparently if you lead anything in the horde, stay on the ground!

In the Horde, the phrase "he has a golden parachute" has an entirely different meaning.

Nobody on
    edited January 2011
    It's funny, because this is the same thing that happened when BC came out, and people were flipping a lid after spending months (or years) getting their epics to be replaced by greens.

Besides, the entire game is about upgrading your equipment, right?

Well to be honest in BC you were around mid level before MC/BWL epics were swapped, but due to the nature of Cata being half of the 10 levels of other expansions and the new mechanics of higher hp mobs, people upgrade earlier.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

What?

He's not a part of your system.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how lucky have people here been generally with getting hacked accounts back if they've been permanently banned? :?

Blurbl on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nobody wrote: »

In the Horde, the phrase "he has a golden parachute" has an entirely different meaning.

:^:

and BC was amusing becuase Naxx gear still lasted long enough to get you into heroics/Kara, in part because a lot of it was actually well itemized and/or had good set bonuses. This time around, they're largely removed the distinction between items of differing color (green/blue/purple) and everything is about item level. Your primary stats are too desirable to pass up anything with more of those.

Bobble on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bobble wrote: »

and BC was amusing becuase Naxx gear still lasted long enough to get you into heroics/Kara, in part because a lot of it was actually well itemized and/or had good set bonuses. This time around, they're largely removed the distinction between items of differing color (green/blue/purple) and everything is about item level. Your primary stats are too desirable to pass up anything with more of those.

Didn't Blizz have to nerf the threat generated from the Windfury debuff because no other tank weapons, even with higher dps were worth the loss in threat from that thing?

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »

Didn't Blizz have to nerf the threat generated from the Windfury debuff because no other tank weapons, even with higher dps were worth the loss in threat from that thing?

I assume you mean Thunderfury, and yes. WoW magazine mentioned TF in an article with the itemization team as a mistake. Turns out they never intended for the proc to affect attack speed (let alone do so better than any other effect available), but when it did they didn't want to take it away. That thing was such a beast for AoE threat.

Bobble on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Question though, do you need 2 healers or 3 healers for the raids? I'm thinking 3 for 10-mans just as an in case thing but I know you can do Algaroth with 2 so...

You absolutely need 3 for everything but Algaroth.

Salvation122 on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I do seem to recall my Guild's tank using it for quite a while in BC.

Arrath on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I assume you mean Thunderfury, and yes. WoW magazine mentioned TF in an article with the itemization team as a mistake. Turns out they never intended for the proc to affect attack speed (let alone do so better than any other effect available), but when it did they didn't want to take it away. That thing was such a beast for AoE threat.

I meant Thunderfury. Been pvping too much on my shaman!

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011

Didn't an Asian guild actually kill Illidan while still wearing mostly T3 gear?

Nobody on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well the tanks weren't doing any favors standing in during the shards or standing too close (My previous wipe /quit was a tank who gave up after he got hit by shards because he was in the drakes hitbox when he los'd the shards). I just want to get the instance down its a matter of pride.

Because my groups are sometimes really fucking dumb, I've actually duoed that boss with a tank before. Group dies to shards by not moving or standing in lava, and it's down to myself and the tank.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Madpanda wrote: »
    RedDawn wrote: »
    The thing is, other healers seem to succeed at it much more easily than my shaman does. When I queue as dps I see lots of priests and paladins, and a few druids that don't seem like they're having too much trouble.

Actually, that's kind of an interesting point; I can't remember when I've been in the random queue and gotten a resto shaman.

I know this is from a few pages back, but I have to disagree. I love healing on my resto shaman. He is a beast. The only fight I could heal through was in my 3rd heroic ever was the second guy in Grim Batol. I was just able to queue and I just didn't have the throughput to keep up. I've since been able to heal every heroic.

I'm not saying other healers aren't better, but shaman can get it done. I ran with a druid the other day that couldn't heal through certain parts of fights, so I was helping him out where I could as enhancement and we got through. Instant healing rain is so nice, I love enhancement as well as resto..
    Which part of the second boss in GB were you having an issue with?

When he grabs dual swords is the only time that your throughput *should* be fully tested. And even in all but trinkets being 346/epics that still tests me most of the time depending on tank.

If he grabs mace, tank has to kite, no exceptions at this gear level I think.

Shield is a lot of party damage but if people are getting out of the fire it shouldn't be too bad.

re: Magmaw stacking

Its not required to have 1 ranged "pillar target", but it makes it a hell of a lot easier for raid healing. We were able to do it with 3 heals 1 tank using this strategy, our main issue was getting ranged to back out for ~5 seconds when he comes back up from being spiked, the aggro wipe caused a few ranged deaths. Not due to them like blowing up the dps right as he came up, just the "in melee range" lottery.

It's cake now, I didn't have the nice cleanse/heal talent, which made it a lot harder than it should have been. It was the shield thing that was killing me, the archers were just tearing us all up. It could have been people standing in that avalanche, I'm not sure.

RedDawn on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish blizz would fix hair clipping through helmets or at least give blood elf males short hair that isn't ridiculous

Nerdgasmic on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    except they're winning pretty much everywhere, rather than losing

that's kind of the whole point, here

I think the sum of it is that Blizzard just can't seem to grasp that Alliance will never have pride. They critically failed at doing anything to inspire Alliance pride to begin with, made some horribly hamfisted attempts to shove it in in Wrath, and with the Alliance losing every battle to Horde that isn't being fought by Kul Tiras nutjobs, have managed somehow to make it worse (can it be less than zero?) in Cataclysm.

They should stop bothering, because the players are never, ever going to care. Alliance vs. Horde is one-sided, and always will be.

Well I like horde personally because they were the underdog faction back in Vanilla when I started playing. It has normalized now but I imagine the A to H ratio was alot higher than 1.2 to 1 back in the day.

I miss those days. Having a clear underdog faction on almost every server really help bring a certain kind of player to Horde. Not necessarily better or worse than Alliance, but generally they had a pvp ruthlessness to them. Almost a "I want to play as horde, be outnumbered at every turn, and kick their ass anyway" mentality.

Certainly a far cry from the game now where people flock to imbalanced servers because it makes certain parts of the game easier.

I just can't find the Alliance interesting. Dwarves inspire indifference, Gnomes inspire a desire to punt them like a football, Draenei are...alright. Night Elves I can't help but actively dislike because of how absurd they look. Humans have by far the ruler with the most idiotic backstory. Worgen I have no real opinion on. They just kind of came out of nowhere so all I can say is "well alright then".

Maybe it's that the Alliance is the faction of the status quo, if that makes any sense? It's hard to have pride or ZAZZ for that.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I wish blizz would fix hair clipping through helmets or at least give blood elf males short hair that isn't ridiculous

I wish they would just fix hats period. It's ridiculous that putting on say, a Santa Hat suddenly gives me a Sinead O'Connor hairdoo.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No, the first Asian guild to kill Illidan (STARS, I think) put on all their T3 gear before they took the kill shot, and everyone fell for it.

Billmaan on
    edited January 2011
    Blurbl wrote: »
    So how lucky have people here been generally with getting hacked accounts back if they've been permanently banned? :?

If you can track when they hacked it and give that to blizz then you should be able to get a full recovery.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Billmaan wrote: »
    No, the first Asian guild to kill Illidan (STARS, I think) put on all their T3 gear before they took the kill shot, and everyone fell for it.

Isn't that the guild that got Yogg Zero Lights (that the right one?) back when it was neigh-impossible and then wrote a completely fake strategy for how to do it?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited January 2011
    Billmaan wrote: »

Ahh, I remember the initial post on mmo champion, I didn't recall seeing them getting called on it.

Nobody on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They sound like very successful trolls.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Solo healed the last 50% on Double Dragon last night.

/flex.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011

/flex.

Man I beat double dragon decades ago stryo, Billy the superior Lee brother.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

/flex.

Is Billy Lee gonna have to slap a bitch?

Jubal77 on
    edited January 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »

/flex.

Is Billy Lee gonna have to slap a bitch?

That game was equal opportunity before we even knew what that meant!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have to think very few people who had any familiarity with the illidan fight ever thought it was possible that a tank with 8k or whatever HP tanked it, or that they got healed by healers with ~300 spellpower.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how hard would it be to solo vanilla raid content at this point?

Because I still think the Judgement set is the coolest set they've designed, and I want my Paly to have it once I get to 85.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DVG wrote: »

Because I still think the Judgement set is the coolest set they've designed, and I want my Paly to have it once I get to 85.

BWL is most likely impossible to Solo, and that is where 7/8 of that set drops.

It is Duo-able though I believe.

Buddies on
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    DVG wrote: »

BWL is most likely impossible to Solo, and that is where 7/8 of that set drops.

It is Duo-able though I believe.

Razorgore (ie, first boss of BWL) is impossible to solo by nature of the fight. 3 people works pretty well and it's still pretty good cash last time we did it, which was at 80. I'm sure now a duo could handle most of it so long as you can get around Nef's class calls and cleanse enough debuffs on chromag. The suppression room will still be annoying.

Bobble on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are some fight mechanics that make BWL impossible to solo (including the first boss). 2-3 people should be able to, though.

Tomanta on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did they ever put in any DK calls for the Nefarian fight?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    Did they ever put in any DK calls for the Nefarian fight?

I believe they just reused the rogue one.

Nobody on
This discussion has been closed.