As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

1656667686971»

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DVG wrote: »
    So how hard would it be to solo vanilla raid content at this point?

Because I still think the Judgement set is the coolest set they've designed, and I want my Paly to have it once I get to 85.

It's not quite vanilla, but a few of us wandered over to kill Onyxia. Just to show how long it has been since I've killed Onyxia, I was mystified that you could no longer stand directly under her as melee and hit her :(. Despite the fact that she's flying lower then what I reminder....!! :(

Go go Priest ranged dps.

It's amazing how fast some of the old raid stuff got trivialized, though, due to the massive heals / hp buffers we have now. I also feel bad at how pissed I get when I can't solo something due to mechanics, though (Netherspite in Karazhan for example).

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »
    Did they ever put in any DK calls for the Nefarian fight?

I believe they just reused the rogue one.

He death grips the entire raid.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Septus wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Did they ever put in any DK calls for the Nefarian fight?

I believe they just reused the rogue one.

He death grips the entire raid.

Can you guess what he yells? ;-) :lol:

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Or you know, just find a bunch of Burning Crusade non-set gear that uses the same art as Tier 2 with different colors :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Purple Judgement, while rad, just isn't quite the same.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyways, just advertise in trade chat. You should be able to pug enough people to do BWL - Just make sure a least someone knows the fights because pugs for old content tend to be stupid and ignore mechanics when sometimes they shouldn't (there is only so much stupid that overgearing can compensate for :P)

Oh, and watch out for Razorgore bugs. I've completely forgotten the cause, but it's pretty easy to bug him out and make him fall under the world - which basically prevents you from doing the entire dungeon (I suppose you can reset though). I think it was not having someone pick up the adds or not MCing him fast enough or something.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I thought it looked cooler, but I like the color purple.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

I thought it looked cooler, but I like the color purple.

Oh I do too. It's just that color on that armor doesn't look quite right on a lot of race models, like Draenei. Kind of like how Priest Tier 3 doesn't look good on anything without tits.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Timless Nightstones - AGAIN - for daily JC. This is like 3 times in the last 4/5 days. And Nightstones are not like Jasper - it's probably the rarest of the the colors. And we get it this many times back to back. Someone is mucking up the random Daily Quest Machine or something.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    edited January 2011
    ED! wrote: »
    Timless Nightstones - AGAIN - for daily JC. This is like 3 times in the last 4/5 days. And Nightstones are not like Jasper - it's probably the rarest of the the colors. And we get it this many times back to back. Someone is mucking up the random Daily Quest Machine or something.

Reminds me of the god damn ghostfish daily.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    except they're winning pretty much everywhere, rather than losing

that's kind of the whole point, here

I think the sum of it is that Blizzard just can't seem to grasp that Alliance will never have pride. They critically failed at doing anything to inspire Alliance pride to begin with, made some horribly hamfisted attempts to shove it in in Wrath, and with the Alliance losing every battle to Horde that isn't being fought by Kul Tiras nutjobs, have managed somehow to make it worse (can it be less than zero?) in Cataclysm.

They should stop bothering, because the players are never, ever going to care. Alliance vs. Horde is one-sided, and always will be.

Well I like horde personally because they were the underdog faction back in Vanilla when I started playing. It has normalized now but I imagine the A to H ratio was alot higher than 1.2 to 1 back in the day.

I miss those days. Having a clear underdog faction on almost every server really help bring a certain kind of player to Horde. Not necessarily better or worse than Alliance, but generally they had a pvp ruthlessness to them. Almost a "I want to play as horde, be outnumbered at every turn, and kick their ass anyway" mentality.

Certainly a far cry from the game now where people flock to imbalanced servers because it makes certain parts of the game easier.

I just can't find the Alliance interesting. Dwarves inspire indifference, Gnomes inspire a desire to punt them like a football, Draenei are...alright. Night Elves I can't help but actively dislike because of how absurd they look. Humans have by far the ruler with the most idiotic backstory. Worgen I have no real opinion on. They just kind of came out of nowhere so all I can say is "well alright then".

Maybe it's that the Alliance is the faction of the status quo, if that makes any sense? It's hard to have pride or ZAZZ for that.

like I said, apparently Blizzard is too enthralled with their Vision of Alliance vs. Horde warfare to realize that there is no Alliance. There's just NPCs, and some people who PvP for the sake of PvPing. "We" are not a faction. There is no Alliance faction. There's just a punching bag for Horde.

I suppose I don't have anything else to say, really. There's nothing to be done about it. I guess the only reason I get so up in arms about it -- even I don't really care about Alliance in the first place -- is that there used to be a story here that I liked, and then they crapped all over it in order to propagate their retarded hardon for AvH. Along with me being on the "failures" side, that feeling of a wrecked story just upsets me.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaosRedChaosRed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't raid, I don't do dailies, I've played this game since 2005 (off and on) and my highest level toon is 67.

But as a certified Carebear and casual gamer, I think Cataclysm was a win. The initial experience for most of the races was vastly improved, the narrative got stronger, the environment is richer and the energy level of the server I've been on since 2005 is still extremely high.

Blizzard is amazing. They simply understand how to design a fun, enjoyable experience. I understand and respect a lot of the rants here, because they involve minutia at the high-end of the game, (where minutia matters). But I am not sure how many people actually quit over this minutia. I am not sure any of the rants here signal a decline in this game's overall strength and appeal.

To me, I see WOW as a winner and to be blunt, I don't see any other MMO knocking it off its monolithic perch anytime soon. I say that as someone who plays numerous MMOs. WOW is a very, very tight product, all things considered.

ChaosRed on
    dbf1147f15514b46.png
    edited January 2011
    Man allies complaining when every major victory was done by one of their heroes is hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man allies complaining when every major victory was done by one of their heroes is hilarious.

Yyyyyeah. Okay, then.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011

I would complain too if our main leader had the worst blood elf hairdo

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

I would complain too if our main leader had the worst blood elf hairdo

Truely his hair is atrocious. Garrosh has a small head, this is true, but he doesn't look like he screams about his power levels.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    garrosh has those shoulder things too

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011
    garrosh has those shoulder things too

Big fucking tusk shoulderpads? That's warrior tier 15 bank on it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    they always are

Nerdgasmic on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The tusks make sense from a lore point of view but goddamn they look so fucking dumb.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    edited January 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The tusks make sense from a lore point of view but goddamn they look so fucking dumb.

I like Garrosh's out of game art, his ingame model could use some work. Though its nice to see an actual cool leader weapon over the stupid "doom hammer".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well none of the leaders had unique models or textures for anything when the game launched. The Doom Hammer is badass, it just never got an update later on like Sylvanus or the new characters have.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    man, it's hard to believe sylvanas ever looked like a dead night elf

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    Well none of the leaders had unique models or textures for anything when the game launched. The Doom Hammer is badass, it just never got an update later on like Sylvanus or the new characters have.

Yeah I got that, still didn't make thrall look good at all when he looked like he was in some thorium armor with a mass of mcgown. It wasn't even really big or anything.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    40 minutes into a dungeon queue, asking in trade for a 525 transmute alchemist, someone invites you

[accept]

FUUAFAJSFNAJSFNAMN

The kicker? the alchemist was level 8

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
    edited January 2011
    I had a guy whisper "I CANT HEAR U" and then put me on ignore after I had repeatedly told him that the Sunwell was inside a raid dungeon when he asked in trade how he could see it

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011
    Cunty wrote: »
    40 minutes into a dungeon queue, asking in trade for a 525 transmute alchemist, someone invites you

[accept]

FUUAFAJSFNAJSFNAMN

The kicker? the alchemist was level 8

Ahh yeah reminds me of when I was waiting for 30 minutes and thought "Oh I'll pop over to my enchanter and de some greens *log out* hear the sound of leaving the Que FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sylvanas was actually one of the better looking starting models. Bolvar was the worst, and Cairne might have been the best, because he had that giant tree trunk weapon Tauren used

Javen on
    edited January 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Sylvanas was actually one of the better looking starting models. Bolvar was the worst, and Cairne might have been the best, because he had that giant tree trunk weapon Tauren used

Have they ever ever let players use one of those? Its kind of sad they have a model but no weapon ever busts it out.

Like that fist weapon of maives, or the three pronged blades of the night elves.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    no totem weapons or glaives (apart from the Warglaives) yet, unfortunately

Nerdgasmic on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Closest thing was probably that mace from ZF.

Echo on
  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I just waited ANOTHER 45 minutes for a heroic. [Enter dungeon] pops up, i click it, frozen at loading screen, try restarting and i can't get into wow now

x.x

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
    edited January 2011
    I really like how the the new level 20 weapon quests and level 50 helm quests reuse cool old models

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011
    I'm kind of sad none of the Alliance Paladin level 20 weapons use Verigan's Fist, but with better stats.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited January 2011
    yeah, alliance and blood elf paladins lost out something neat with these quests

did they outright remove the other paladin quests, or are they just optional?

Nerdgasmic on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah, alliance and blood elf paladins lost out something neat with these quests

did they outright remove the other paladin quests, or are they just optional?

Tauren paladins get some AFAIK unique looking 1h/2h weapons from their SFK quest.

Jutranjo on
    edited January 2011
    yeah, everyone gets those quests now

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.