As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] I don't wanna [CHAT] I wanna tank LFD all day.

ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
Since [Chat] is the most generalized WoW topic in G & T, I'd like to make the OP useful. But also keep the title entertaining.

Whether it's professions, raiding, player vs player, or just general emotions about things, World of Warcraft probably owns your soul.

Discussions specific to Deathknights, Druids, Hunters, Mages, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Shaman, Warlocks and Warriors exist nearbye.

If you're looking to join PA groups:
Obsidian Spurs are a Horde guild on Sargeras US based out of G&T
Beasts of Unusual Size are a Horde guild on Ravenholt US RP-PVP based out of G&T
Obsidian Spur are an EU guild on Saurfang based out of G&T
Shambler Milk are a Horde guild on Cho'Gall US based out of SE++
There's a guild somewhere based out of DnD, but I couldn't find it right away, I'll add link later

Or heck, even if all you want to do is talk about your wicked UI set up or laugh/cry about the rogue named "Sneakywarrior" that you saw, we have homes for those too.

Also, it's probably the tank's fault.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
ImthebOHGODBEES on

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I approve of this thread title.

Transporter on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    yeah, alliance and blood elf paladins lost out something neat with these quests

did they outright remove the other paladin quests, or are they just optional?

Gone for good it seems, sadly.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I kind of wish every class had neat little quests like that

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, but that takes effort.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's amazing how many groups you see looking for exactly what the thread title specifies. It's hilarious.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »

to be fair, they've done a really great job with the normal quests

Nerdgasmic on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »

to be fair, they've done a really great job with the normal quests

Yeah, but I felt super special doing my own badass quest chains for class specific stuff.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Swap out 2 tanks with 2 dps and that's exactly what I'll be needing come this weekend if I don't find more people for my 10-man. Guh.

Oghulk on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ugh. First caster weapon I see is the Staff of Isolation.
    It has spirit on it, naturally.

Rizzi on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kinda funny that we were just talking about cauldrons and how impossible their achievements would be to get since Blizz fixed it so they're possible without making millions of gold worth of flasks.

Also there's absolutely no good staves in the game right now (unless you want to count the Arch staves since they're literally the only epic staves in the game right now I think). Go onehand/offhand or go home.

Opty on
    edited January 2011
    Been running heroics all the time, and I've not seen a single 1h drop yet. :(

Rizzi on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ugh. First caster weapon I see is the Staff of Isolation.
    It has spirit on it, naturally.

An upgrade is an upgrade is an upgrade is an upgrade.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited January 2011
    At least Spirit can be reforged quite nicely to Hit.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LF4M 10 man [CHAT] need 2 tanks 2 heals

You know what we call this in my neck of the woods?
    Six DPS LFG, PST!

L Ron Howard on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    4 of those DPS are melee. Good times ahead i'll wager!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BoT trash drop a staff don't they?

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    edited January 2011
    The BoT trash drop is the only epic spellcaster staff not gotten via archaeology, and it also has Spirit on it, making it less desirable for DPS casters.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Claws of Agony/Torment from (whichever raid they drop) are so very cool looking.

Halfmex on
  • NerdyHeritageNerdyHeritage Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel like this expansion is going to be worse for me than last expansion. My main does excellent dps in every heroic I've been in and successfully pugged BH a few times, but fights are just hell bent on being outright dicks to melee.

I wish there were fights that punished ranged dps the way melee get shafted.

NerdyHeritage on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS: 0775 9129 1567 Black: 3267 4422 1986
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish there were fights that punished ranged dps the way melee get shafted.

There probably are (there's always at least one or two), but of course, there wouldn't as many, and healers will feel it even more.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Well they did say they wanted to go back to TBC-style raiding! :rotate:

I just wish they'd do something about the mechanics of 10-man fights. "The same thing as in 25-man, but with smaller numbers" kind of doesn't tend to work well, and makes class composition an absolute nightmare.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited January 2011
    What's a good place to look up the strategies for the fights in the new raids?

E: As I've been hearing 10-mans seem to be a lot easier than the 25-mans for mechanics.

Oghulk on
    edited January 2011
    Wahoo! Got the caster dagger off the first boss in Grim Batol.
    That only took.. Weeks. Should I just grab an offhand from the AH?

Rizzi on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    According to the post about today's hotfixes, they nerfed Deadmines ("significantly less trash" and increased he time on Ripsnarl's steam clouds from 6 to 8 seconds).

They also actually made something in Tol Barad suck less! Now the prisoners in the Hole will drop the food rations if you have that quest (since for some reason you had to gather way more food rations for that underground area than either of the other two area's gathering quests).

Also, it may have been me remembering wrong, but I think they nerfed most of the mobs health in Tol Barad by about 20k. I could have sworn they had just under 100k, but now they have just under 80k.

Lars on
    edited January 2011
    Lars wrote: »
    According to the post about today's hotfixes, they nerfed Deadmines ("significantly less trash" and increased he time on Ripsnarl's steam clouds from 6 to 8 seconds).

They also actually made something in Tol Barad suck less! Now the prisoners in the Hole will drop the food rations if you have that quest (since for some reason you had to gather way more food rations for that underground area than either of the other two area's gathering quests).

Also, it may have been me remembering wrong, but I think they nerfed most of the mobs health in Tol Barad by about 20k. I could have sworn they had just under 100k, but now they have just under 80k.

You forgot the biggest hotfix.

Baradin Wardens fucking defend alliance now god damn it.

Oghulk on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Magmaw down.

Fun fight once you get it down. Have to have a lot of really good range.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    I dislike guilds that have an age-requirement.

Was looking at this guild that a lot of people I played with in Wrath went to on horde side and you have to be 21 to apply.

Because being able to drink means you're mature...

I mean I understand that they don't people that have other obligations, but I still find it silly.

Oghulk on
    edited January 2011

You're remembering wrong. Most Tol Barad mobs had 77k.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I dislike guilds that have an age-requirement.

Was looking at this guild that a lot of people I played with in Wrath went to on horde side and you have to be 21 to apply.

Because being able to drink means you're mature...

I mean I understand that they don't people that have other obligations, but I still find it silly.

You could just say you're 21.

noobert on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Wahoo! Got the caster dagger off the first boss in Grim Batol.
    That only took.. Weeks. Should I just grab an offhand from the AH?

Can buy one of two offhands with JP. one with hit and one with spirit

initiatefailure on
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The best hotfix was making Problim immune to stuns. Now it's even easier to solo him as a frost mage. :)

HoA-player on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HoA-player wrote: »

The best hotfix was making Problim immune to stuns. Now it's even easier to solo him as a frost mage. :)
    Oh hell yes.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    how does making him stun immune to stuns help?

also, a Don Julio's Fabulous Necklace dropped for me today

I am a DK so whatever, put it on the AH for 20k, 25k buyout (get scolded by two or three people that it's 10k over the server going price rah rar rah, I'm like, well then I'm out 2 gold for listing it, qq!)

But THEN!

Someone traded me Darkmoon Card: Hurricane for it :3

Elitist Jerks says that's best in slot for DW Frost! I am happy.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited January 2011
    Deep Freeze does a nice chunk of damage instead of it's normal effect of stunning against targets that are immune to stuns

Nerdgasmic on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Started leveling on a pvp server. Almost level twenty and still no pvp. I am disappointed.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited January 2011
    you don't get into contested zones where world PVP is possible until after level 20

Nerdgasmic on
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Started leveling on a pvp server. Almost level twenty and still no pvp. I am disappointed.

The PVP on PVP servers happens in battlegrounds, just like PVE servers. In the open world you just get ganked by bored level 85's. :(

Mutilate on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mutilate wrote: »

The PVP on PVP servers happens in battlegrounds, just like PVE servers. In the open world you just get ganked by bored level 85's. :(

Yep, pretty much this. There's one rule, no one will pick a fair fight. Even 85s will stop attacking you when you hit 85.

jackal on
  • CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »

Yep, pretty much this. There's one rule, no one will pick a fair fight. Even 85s will stop attacking you when you hit 85.

Man Idk what pvp servers you guys are on, but I always end up in fights with people my level who are also questing. The greatest feeling is when you have mobs on you and they jump you and you still kill them.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have not seen a lot of real world pvp on any server I have leveld on since Vanilla. I also do not initiate it so that has something to do with it I am sure.

Mutilate on
This discussion has been closed.