As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Country or East Coast Supertrip Poll

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
Spook and I are at a disagreement, I want to call it the Cross-Country Supertrip, he is aiming for East Coast Supertrip. He feels we need to represent, I feel that because we are not travelling up the East Coast the name does not fit. So to settle this, we're having a poll. So vote! Tell us what you think. I also added the Great American Supertrip in as an option. Neither of us are really aiming for that name, but you guys might like it better, who knows? Also, there's an option for "other," if you vote this option, please leave a message with your suggestion.

Here's the current map with the locations of the forumers who have let their locations be known on the PAX 06 road trip thread http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22235863

supertrip-pinpoint.jpg

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2006
    I think there was a Great American/East Coast Supertrip thread around this time last year.

Nothing really came of it, but there are some good ideas in it if you want to search for it.

Also that route goes straight through the Quad Cities, which is where I live, as it turns out

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I support this route as it goes through my town and makes it easier for me to go.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    Where abouts are the quad cities, Geebs? Also, NinjaSquirrel where are you? Let me know and I'll add you guys to the map.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2006
    right where that line crosses over from Illinois to Iowa

ninjasquirrel is from the quad cities too

That would be Moline, IL; Rock Island, IL; Davenport, IA and Bettendorf, IA

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    coolness

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I say go for Great American Supertrip, and yes, I'm still up for driving down to Miami to help kick this thing off. Something about having a somewhat good source of income this time around making it possible.

Looking at this map, it's even more evident that this is going to require some seriously good timing, scheduling, and communications. Mebbe even a few sponsorships to help the funding issue. I'm going to attempt to put together a travel timeline this weekend - mayhap we could get some adventerous folks to test-drive small stretches of the route to help get the timing down? Possibly relate driving experiences from previous trips? If all else fails, I could try to test-drive the route myself, but I probably wouldn't be able to afford to go to PAX if I did :lol:

Original thread go here now.

EDIT: Google says 2 1/2 days driving time from Seattle to Miami, on that exact route. Heh.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    it's still way early to start a travel timeline, everything on the map is still preliminary, and as of yet we don't have anybody who's advertised themselves as being any further south than Columbus, OH

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ZiggoZiggo Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Deleted

Ziggo on
    We aren't the beginning, nor the end, but we can sure as hell make a difference if we try.
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    i was gonna vote cross country . . . but i had slectec east coast instead . . . I really think you guys should call it the cross country super tripreserve the east coast super rip for when they start doing a PAX east.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}