As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pet hates within the realm of video games

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I don't think I like crafting in video games. RPGs or not.

It's always such an ill-defined mechanics, that basically requires you to pick up all kinds of worthless shit in case you're going to need it to craft some other worthless shit, that you can use to craft something that might actually be good.

And it always fucking clutters up your inventory, and leaves you not knowing what exactly you are able to sell. Maybe you'll find some recipe for something amazing, but you probably won't. What's that? Your inventory is full? Have fun spending 20 minutes alt-tabbed to figure out what you can and can't sell.

Fuck crafting.
    I actually like crafting done well - like, you know which type of material is necessary for which type of equipment and they drop in ways that make sense (rock monsters consistently drop rocks, fire monsters drop fire crystals) etc, and it's shifted off into a separate inventory attached to God damn crafting recipes.

This is something Lost Odyssey actually did pretty well, if I remember. It was handled in a different subsystem of the inventory menu, listed the things you could potentially make (anything you had at least one ingredient towards, I think) which was searchable and sortable by stuff like desired effect, level, etc. Then after you found what you were looking for it'd tell you what you needed to make it. You could also do it in reverse, so you could just essentially ask it 'what can I make with what's on hand'.

JihadJesus on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Crafting in Dragon Quest 8 works out pretty well in my opinion. You get the standard JRPG carryall inventory so you can pick up as much stuff as you want, and the recipes that you find are all recorded.

jothki on
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I don't think I like crafting in video games. RPGs or not.

It's always such an ill-defined mechanics, that basically requires you to pick up all kinds of worthless shit in case you're going to need it to craft some other worthless shit, that you can use to craft something that might actually be good.

And it always fucking clutters up your inventory, and leaves you not knowing what exactly you are able to sell. Maybe you'll find some recipe for something amazing, but you probably won't. What's that? Your inventory is full? Have fun spending 20 minutes alt-tabbed to figure out what you can and can't sell.

Fuck crafting.

I've always found that the crafting system in Arcanum was one of the best I've ever encountered. To avoid having a cluttered inventory, you could just go buy what you need at the time from certain merchants. Granted this sometimes facilitates a bit of running around and waiting, but the end result is almost always worth the effort.

If your inventory does get full, just give your companions some stuff to hold or find a junk dealer. Those guys will buy almost anything off you. One good method I found for making boatloads of cash was to make shocking staffs. Run to the end of a street in Tarant and buy a staff. Run to the other end and buy a large capacitor. Combine them and then run to the junk dealer to sell the finished product for 875 gold. Wait a day and repeat.

Dram on
  • MahoneMahone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    harvest wrote: »
    I've been playing inFamous a lot the last few days. It does a thing I really hate, and that's hide hundreds of shinies all over the map. Seriously there are like 350 blast shards, and they provide a good upgrade, but why do there have to be so many of them, so randomly placed all over the world. GTA games are bad at this too, and despite the utility of the rewards you get I can never bring myself to search for them. If there was a way to track which ones you've collected, or a map filter showing you the location of all the ones you know about it'd be different.

I've just recently picked up inFamous myself, and I'm enjoying it. However, every now and again the controls just piss me off. Yes, I enjoy the fact that Cole grabs onto EVERYTHING around him at any given moment most of the time, but when I'm chasing something, I don't need him to grab the four foot pole on the rooftop and hold on to it. The physics in the game can be a bit wonky as well.

Take the death that just happened to me, I have the power up that lets you grind rails, which is all well and good until you want to get off. So you hit the jump button, and the moment slides you forward, so you land on the rail right next to you and continue, then you try to jump off that one and grab onto the side of the subway that's passing by. You try to jump off the subway car and use the glide power to float to the ground, but since the momentum of the speeding subway flings you off in a straight line affording you no control with the glide, you slam into the little canal in between the road and die.

All because I wanted to get off the train tracks and down to the street. Awesome.

Mahone on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Doors that don't actually work or even give feedback. Tell me its locked or broken, spend 20 seconds having the inhabitant throw insults at me, I dont care.

And semi related, "open world" rpg's where the towns are 3 buildings you can actually go in and do stuff, and 10 that are locked up tight or have unworking doors.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Doors that don't actually work or even give feedback. Tell me its locked or broken, spend 20 seconds having the inhabitant throw insults at me, I dont care.

And semi related, "open world" rpg's where the towns are 3 buildings you can actually go in and do stuff, and 10 that are locked up tight or have unworking doors.

Also GTA. Awful that 4 was a step back from San Andreas in terms of buildings you could actually go inside.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Transdimensional WhaleTransdimensional Whale Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Prerendered doors suck. Enforced backtracking because you have to find the key to a working door despite the fact that you have any number of high explosives capable of turning said door into a pile of toothpicks sucks more.

Transdimensional Whale on
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, any game that has pasted doors. Like in shooter multi levels where it looks like you can go in. Or just permanently locked doors for no reason. Also, why do I need a key for some doors when I could kick it down or hit it with the butt of a rifle/shotgun/etc.? If its a metal locked door, that makes perfect sense, if its just a regular wooden door, that's retarded.

Kadoken on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That is a mechanic that's really hard to get around, though--unless you designed all your levels as straight shoots with a few tiny courtesy rooms branching off on the sides.

What pisses me off more are games wherein only your companions can open doors, because apparently, you're smart enough to operate a tank, but too stupid to turn a damn door knob. I can accept that there are doors resistant to assault rifle fire and even small explosions. They exist. But the whole "Well, I better weight for Captain Price or someone else with door-opening proficiency to open this door and get us out of this deadly gunfight," thing is a little grating.

If it's a matter of having a key or a code, I understand. But how is turning a door knob a rare skill of the elite?

Synthesis on
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, and games where one time you can shoot the lock off of doors, but the next one that actually has a lock and has an actual INSIDE to it, you can't shoot off the lock.

Kadoken on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    However I like games where every door is openable except for one locked door that you can never open.

Because people will keep talking about it forever!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    That is a mechanic that's really hard to get around, though--unless you designed all your levels as straight shoots with a few tiny courtesy rooms branching off on the sides.

What pisses me off more are games wherein only your companions can open doors, because apparently, you're smart enough to operate a tank, but too stupid to turn a damn door knob. I can accept that there are doors resistant to assault rifle fire and even small explosions. They exist. But the whole "Well, I better weight for Captain Price or someone else with door-opening proficiency to open this door and get us out of this deadly gunfight," thing is a little grating.

If it's a matter of having a key or a code, I understand. But how is turning a door knob a rare skill of the elite?

Isn't that like standard military protocall or something (COD4 I know set it up that way, which is what jumps to mind).

For the rest, search me.

Leitner on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I find it even more annoying when games have areas and rooms and locales that are only there as filler, because someone thought every house needed a washroom and every door should have something behind it. There's almost never anything in these places, they just waste my time because I expect there to be a gameplay related reason for them to exist, and there never is.

If you are going to fill out your world with loads of nonsense, at least add some incentive.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My pet hate is that I'm still waiting on a modern version of this.

Hinterland was kinda moving in the right direction, but it's too shallow (though I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it).

Elvenshae on
    edited January 2011
    I played Stronghold 2 a long time ago. It should never have been made as an RTS like it is. It would be better if it was a town simulation, or maybe like Mount and Blade with different cities and countries. The whole keeping your citizens happy is retarded, its not the same as keeping morale up in soldiers, and the whole 20 different resources (a lot which you don't need for weapons or armor) that you have to get do not work in the way the developers made it. It would actually work better if they made it into a Dwarf Fortress type game. Just make the citizens have more personality.

Edit:................................................................................... I'm thinking of the wrong game, sorry.............

Kadoken on
    edited January 2011
    That's okay - the non-D&D Stronghold was good, too. :D

Elvenshae on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jothki wrote: »
    Crafting in Dragon Quest 8 works out pretty well in my opinion. You get the standard JRPG carryall inventory so you can pick up as much stuff as you want, and the recipes that you find are all recorded.

I am oddly disappointed to learn this. I'm still about 5 games away from it meaning anything to me, but I am enjoying the limited inventory in Dragon Warrior(s) 1-3.

Tamin on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All kinds of dumb shit Assassin's Creed 2 is making me do.

I'm sure instant-fail stealth missions and the like have been mentioned, but here's another. Kill a dude on a docked boat, but the moment you reveal yourself (like by jumping on the boat) you fail because the guy runs down to the cabin of the boat and the guards (which you murder en masse anywhere else) are alerted. Is there a fucking escape pod down there? A minisub? Why the hell can't I just kill the guards and then go down there and kill him, or set the boat on fire?

Also your character doing stupid shit in cutscenes that you would never, ever do because it's dumb but it lets the villains score a point.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Prerendered doors suck. Enforced backtracking because you have to find the key to a working door despite the fact that you have any number of high explosives capable of turning said door into a pile of toothpicks sucks more.

My greatest gaming hatred.

RoyceSraphim on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Yeah, any game that has pasted doors. Like in shooter multi levels where it looks like you can go in. Or just permanently locked doors for no reason. Also, why do I need a key for some doors when I could kick it down or hit it with the butt of a rifle/shotgun/etc.? If its a metal locked door, that makes perfect sense, if its just a regular wooden door, that's retarded.

Why I love Deus Ex, X-Com, and EDF.

Those games have very little in the way of doors not vulnerable to being exploded.

Personal pet peeve is the old forced stealth level bit.

Stealth can be fun when there's an alternative. Nothing like slipping in and out of an NSF base without anyone noticing before you knock them cold. But forced stealth is just agonizingly dull pattern memorization.

Actually, I hate invincible enemies in general, and am suspicious of anything involving infinitely spawning enemies. I prefer to be able to relax atop a pile of corpses to catch my breath.

chiasaur11 on
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All kinds of dumb shit Assassin's Creed 2 is making me do.

I'm sure instant-fail stealth missions and the like have been mentioned, but here's another. Kill a dude on a docked boat, but the moment you reveal yourself (like by jumping on the boat) you fail because the guy runs down to the cabin of the boat and the guards (which you murder en masse anywhere else) are alerted. Is there a fucking escape pod down there? A minisub? Why the hell can't I just kill the guards and then go down there and kill him, or set the boat on fire?

Also your character doing stupid shit in cutscenes that you would never, ever do because it's dumb but it lets the villains score a point.

I didn't find the instant-fail stealth missions too annoying until the last level. On the others I'd just surround myself constantly with hookers. Instant invisibility. Approach from behind, have the hookers distract the guards, poison the target, and calmly walk away from the man flailing him limbs and crawling around on the ground. Mission complete.

Still, it took a massive amount of trial and error before I realised that hookers were the solution to all my problems.

Dram on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm sure instant-fail stealth missions and the like have been mentioned,

Assassin's Creed is a stealth game, it's mechanics are built for it.

I remember that mission to, it's awesome. It was really hard, but once you figure it out you're able to perfectly kill everyone without being notices.
    Dram wrote: »
    Still, it took a massive amount of trial and error before I realised that hookers were the solution to all my problems.

Quoting this out of context.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    People that are unable to use "it's" and "its" correctly on video game forums

also, "whom" misuse

MrDelish on
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pata wrote: »
    I'm sure instant-fail stealth missions and the like have been mentioned,

I remember that mission to, it's awesome. It was really hard, but once you figure it out you're able to perfectly kill everyone without being notices.
    Dram wrote: »

Quoting this out of context.

That is so getting sigged.

EtherealWalrus on
  • PlatypusPlatypus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All battles in turn based rpgs annoy me oh so much. It just looks to me that there are a group of people/monsters/what have you, standing around waiting one by one to have their turn to do something. You have Cloud from Final Fantasy just sitting there, then oh, its my turn to run up slash once, then run back to my side of the screen.

Games like Chrono Trigger are a little better due to the little action bar filling up, but it doesn't really cut it for me. What I would love to see in a game is where characters run up and actually constantly are in battle with their enemy, swords swinging at one another, fists hitting and blocking attacks, dealing little bits of damage in real time. All the while there is an action bar filling up where when it hits for a character you can use a stronger attack, some crazy magical action like summoning or pull out some item to heal.

Platypus on
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My pet hate would be random/enemy encounters.

Ye olde RPG: It's endgame (or Newgame+) and you're decked out with the Immovable Object and wielding the Unstoppable Force. Your mere spell incantations could rend the fabric of space-time itself. Yet you still randomly encounter mobs in all areas who throw themselves gleefully towards you. Even with non-random enemy encounters mobs still make a beeline towards you, despite your on-screen avatar sparkling/crackling with unholy energy. Aggro radius be damned, I want enemies to FLEE at my mere presence!

On a related note: random drops that make no sense. If I see the mob using a sword/bow/gun, I realistically expect a sword/bow/gun to be dropped when I kill it. If it's a boss fight and the boss is wielding the Unstoppable Force, I expect said Unstoppable Force to be dropped when I kill the boss, not a 1/100 chance of it dropping.

Akilae on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    My pet hate is that I'm still waiting on a modern version of this.

Hinterland was kinda moving in the right direction, but it's too shallow (though I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it).

Oh fuck Stronghold, I loved that game when I was younger!

electricitylikesme on
    edited January 2011
    Akilae wrote: »
    My pet hate would be random/enemy encounters.

Ye olde RPG: It's endgame (or Newgame+) and you're decked out with the Immovable Object and wielding the Unstoppable Force. Your mere spell incantations could rend the fabric of space-time itself. Yet you still randomly encounter mobs in all areas who throw themselves gleefully towards you. Even with non-random enemy encounters mobs still make a beeline towards you, despite your on-screen avatar sparkling/crackling with unholy energy. Aggro radius be damned, I want enemies to FLEE at my mere presence!

On a related note: random drops that make no sense. If I see the mob using a sword/bow/gun, I realistically expect a sword/bow/gun to be dropped when I kill it. If it's a boss fight and the boss is wielding the Unstoppable Force, I expect said Unstoppable Force to be dropped when I kill the boss, not a 1/100 chance of it dropping.

I hate random encounters to a point. SMT-level encounter rates can get seriously grating on the nerves when you're lost in a dungeon. And random encounters in FFT just annoyed the hell out of me after a while. I just wanted to do the errands, damn it! Stop making me go through a random encounter every time I want to walk to a place.

Edit:
    That is so getting sigged.

Yes. Yes, it is.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pata wrote: »

That's not the point. There's lots of missions where if you lose stealth, you lose the assassination edge and have to fight through dudes or chase your target down, and there's a few where you fail if you lose stealth because the idea is that no one should know it was you, for political reasons. That's cool and makes sense. Failing the mission because the guy is hiding behind a wooden door? That's pretty fucking dumb.

I didn't have any trouble with the mission when I did it the way they wanted me to, it's just stupid that I had to do it that way. Hiding from a handful of guards of the same type as I've been slaughtering mercilessly the whole game to kill a guy who is stuck on a boat and has no escape is idiotic.

And I just remembered another one: guards in a later sequence are immune to smoke bombs for no apparent reason. If you want to make a section more challenging, justify it or find another way than arbitrarily disabling player abilities.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Platypus wrote: »
    All battles in turn based rpgs annoy me oh so much. It just looks to me that there are a group of people/monsters/what have you, standing around waiting one by one to have their turn to do something. You have Cloud from Final Fantasy just sitting there, then oh, its my turn to run up slash once, then run back to my side of the screen.

Games like Chrono Trigger are a little better due to the little action bar filling up, but it doesn't really cut it for me. What I would love to see in a game is where characters run up and actually constantly are in battle with their enemy, swords swinging at one another, fists hitting and blocking attacks, dealing little bits of damage in real time. All the while there is an action bar filling up where when it hits for a character you can use a stronger attack, some crazy magical action like summoning or pull out some item to heal.
    I never was much of a fan of this sort of Square Enix approach to combat. The Wizardry/Dragon Quest style of just showing you the combatants is a bit better for a sense of turn-based combat; Without an action bar, there isn't really a measure on the passage of time in the fight, and without your characters on the screen, you can basically assume whatever you want is happening to them. All you see is the monsters and the combat animations. You don't see your character's actions, so you can sort of fill in the gaps yourself. He could be directly engaged with the enemies at all times, occasionally getting off the action you've had him perform be overpowered by the enemy at the moment that the enemy fights back, or running to assist a companion just as the monster strikes the killing blow, only to shove a resurrection potion down their throats an instant later.

Granted, I think Chrono Trigger pulled it off fairly well by having the characters circling each other during combat; also a feature I loved about Wild Arms 3. Along with about 50 billion other things, but this isn't the thread for that.
    You would love Earthbound.
    Nevermind.

Pet peeves... calling Monster Kill Points "Experience". Y'know, in those old pencil and paper games that RPGs are based off of, you could get experience for a lot more than just killing shit. In fact, I'm pretty certain that experience is something you gain simply by doing things. Why is it that the only way I can mark my progress in a game is by killing thousands upon thousands of questionably hostile nasties that happen to trigger a battle transition? Maybe they'd be more amiable if your character didn't go running up to them with a big fucking sword, barking out arcane bullets of mass destruction and ripping gold coins from their flesh as their little monster children watch on in the background.

naengwen on
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate random encounters to a point. SMT-level encounter rates can get seriously grating on the nerves when you're lost in a dungeon. And random encounters in FFT just annoyed the hell out of me after a while. I just wanted to do the errands, damn it! Stop making me go through a random encounter every time I want to walk to a place.

Interesting you bring up SMT. Persona 3 is one of the few that, to me, did it right. Mobs are on-screen and rush towards you. However, your own party is also on-screen and will rush towards them, and are actually capable of defeating the mobs! Late-game Persona 3 to me was either running around and letting my party to their job, or simply using the "Explore" (I think?) command and have them fan out, while I just sit back and heal when they come back.

Star Ocean, on the other hand... the horror.. the horror... if there was ever a game that made grinding and fetch quests + random encounters more painful than it needed to be...

Akilae on
    edited January 2011
    P3 did it in what I think of as Chrono Trigger style, which I like. Letting me avoid a fight instead of just forcing it every now and then feels so much better. Plus, by the end of the game they were actually running from me so I'm not forced to fight all of those stupid weak encounters that would get me next to no experience! If they had just not made that awful wailing sound while running it would have been perfect.

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Startup advertisements.

If I click the exe, put in the cd, or shove in the cartridge, I want to go directly to the main menu.
    I allready bought the game.
    When I start my car I dont get Toyota telling me they build the car.

Non skippable cutscenes/conversations in fps.
    Ussually the stories are laughable at best, so not being able to skip them is a waste of time in my opinion.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    I suggest you delete that post before you give someone ideas, forget cars, what if you had to listen to a blurb from every company and subcontractor who helped build your plane, your tv, your phone?

I find it to be quite annoying to not be able to edit my maps (placing notes or markers) or my menu. Another benefit of Deus Ex (yes, I just installed it) is that you can go into your logs and edit them with your own notes.

In fact, lets expand that to the fact taht I can't remember a recent open world game that let you make in game notes. Thankfully, the morrowind script extender let you make journal entries if you had a quill and ink.

RoyceSraphim on
  • RaernRaern Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mission: Escape the battle alive.
    Reason: You fled the battle.

Freelancer is a game I quite like and have spent a lot of time playing, but this sort of thing always bugs me. I like to be able to solve problems using what resources I have, not being forced to find the specific solution the game-maker intended.

Early in the single player campaign there's a battle you have to escape, but escaping the way the game wants you to requires circling around with enemies you can't defeat shooting you, waiting for scripted events to happen and make an obvious exit. It's actually quite easy to fly off and get away, but if you do that the game informs you that you failed, game over.

Raern on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You can defeat those enemies.

In fact, one of the hidden objectives is to do just that TO PROVE THEY CAN BLEED.

I got that objective.

SO HAH ON YOU.

Also it's piss hard to get because they're all shielded (tech humans don't have yet in that stage), and your weapons literally do like a tiny bit more than the shields recharge every second, so you have to just lock onto one, while being torn up by the others, and never stop firing on their rear facing for like two minutes straight or something ridiculous (I can't remember) and they blow up, to which everyone is pretty fucking impressed. Still, it's not a secret I would ever want to have to redo, it was a pain in the ass.

Astale on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Astale wrote: »

In fact, one of the hidden objectives is to do just that TO PROVE THEY CAN BLEED.

I got that objective.

SO HAH ON YOU.

Also it's piss hard to get because they're all shielded (tech humans don't have yet in that stage), and your weapons literally do like a tiny bit more than the shields recharge every second, so you have to just lock onto one, while being torn up by the others, and never stop firing on their rear facing for like two minutes straight or something ridiculous (I can't remember) and they blow up, to which everyone is pretty fucking impressed. Still, it's not a secret I would ever want to have to redo, it was a pain in the ass.

Are you sure you're not getting Freespace and Freelancer confused?

Tamin on
    edited January 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    Astale wrote: »

I got that objective.

SO HAH ON YOU.

Are you sure you're not getting Freespace and Freelancer confused?

He's definately confusing Freespace for Freelancer.

And, yeah - I've received that Commendation, as well. Once. :(

Elvenshae on
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The trick to making Shivans bleed before you have the Avenger is to have a ton of Furies on your puny Apollo as well as just leaning on your ML-16s.

The Furies deal more shield damage than your completely worthless guns, once the shields are broken, though, the ML-16s wreck their hull.

MechMantis on
    edited January 2011
    MechMantis wrote: »
    The trick to making Shivans bleed before you have the Avenger is to have a ton of Furies on your puny Apollo as well as just leaning on your ML-16s.

The Furies deal more shield damage than your completely worthless guns, once the shields are broken, though, the ML-16s wreck their hull.

File this one under hard as balls on the keyboard.

I need to find that sweetspot that keeps it just right and stop trying to pretend Freespace = Terminus. Although <3

FS: High there
    T: Yo

Bow chika wow wow!

RoyceSraphim on