As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bill O'Reilly claims that Science can not explain tides. I kinda wish I was joking but I'm not. Not at all.

Maybe he could walk across the Grand Canyon, because he clearly hasn't heard of gravity.

RMS Oceanic on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bill O'Reilly claims that Science can not explain tides. I kinda wish I was joking but I'm not. Not at all.

oh boy

nexuscrawler on
    edited January 2011
    the snow falling is pretty

pfft if you're still in a nice warm bed

i was supposed to drive to new rochelle for a court thing at 10 am but I rescheduled it. best decision of my life.

wheres my warm bed dammit

nexuscrawler on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Silverman had a better response: “Maybe it’s Thor up on Mount Olympus who’s making the tides go in and out."

ahahaha

My favorite was the comment that said:
    "Thor is in Valhalla, Zeus is from Olympus!"
    I realize silverman was just trying to say it might be a different god, but know your norse and greek gods damnit!

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Once again I'll say this is not to excuse their behavior. In fact, it makes it worse in my view.

But I really believe O'Reilly, Beck et al are just in it for the money. They really don't believe this shit. Televangelists by and large do the same thing.

Ludious on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hrmm i'm trying to patch the lol mac client but it's downloading very slowly

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Once again I'll say this is not to excuse their behavior. In fact, it makes it worse in my view.

But I really believe O'Reilly, Beck et al are just in it for the money. They really don't believe this shit. Televangelists by and large do the same thing.

They're in it for the money but watch a little O'Reilly and you realize pretty quick there's really no intelligence behind the act either. He's simply not that bright.

nexuscrawler on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    If you want a really odd mouse, there's always the RAT

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-034-SK

My roommate has that. Thing is all cyber as fuck.

it even has weights that you can attach to the back to adjust its hardiness in your hand.

You can even pinch flesh with that thing if you are not careful! it's awesome.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HerrCron wrote: »

TDS is going to have a field day with this one.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/370183/january-06-2011/bill-o-reilly-proves-god-s-existence---neil-degrasse-tyson

Apparently this is far from the first time it happens.

Sparvy on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I love Colbert.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "The moon is not God. It's just astrophysics."
    "... And how do you know that?"
    "I'm an astrophysicist."

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have no toothpaste

I have been brushing my teeth with water for like two days and my mouth tastes terrible

skippydumptruck on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    gonna sleep more

sorry you're at work nexus

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "I'm an astrophysicist."

What does "The Moon is astrophysics" mean? I think it might mean nothing.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sparvy wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »

TDS is going to have a field day with this one.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/370183/january-06-2011/bill-o-reilly-proves-god-s-existence---neil-degrasse-tyson

Apparently this is far from the first time it happens.
    rofl

"So... the Moon is God!

ALL HAIL LUNA

WE MUST STONE HERETIC NEIL ARMSTRONG FOR SOILING HER FACE"

MikeMan on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have no toothpaste

I have been brushing my teeth with water for like two days and my mouth tastes terrible

Have you been adding salt?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    "I'm an astrophysicist."

What does "The Moon is astrophysics" mean? I think it might mean nothing.

Your face is astrophysics.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    I have no toothpaste

no

you are supposed to brush with salt water?

skippydumptruck on
    edited January 2011
    skippy have you tried urinating in your own mouth

Casual Eddy on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I got up this morning from one of the grad schools sending me an email saying that I attended a college I did not attend and I need to get the transcript. So I have emailed the institution in question and the grad school and basically making a :? face.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited January 2011
    I have no toothpaste

no

you are supposed to brush with salt water?

It's one of the things that people used before toothpaste.

Feral on

edited January 2011

to clean it, I mean

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So I got up this morning from one of the grad schools sending me an email saying that I attended a college I did not attend and I need to get the transcript. So I have emailed the institution in question and the grad school and basically making a :? face.

Hey that exact thing just happened to me. Like, last month. It sucked.

Feral on

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jesus work is too busy for a Friday.

DO NOT WANT

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited January 2011

to clean it, I mean

well okay but

skippydumptruck on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    use baking soda, Skippy

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011

Yeah I am making some phone calls after breakfast. It is annoying as hell.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Perhaps you attended the college in your sleep?

Winky on
    edited January 2011
    use baking soda, Skippy

I'm at a hotel

I don't have access to that or salt

they might have toothpaste at the concierge but I haven't had a chance to ask and this is my last morning

skippydumptruck on
    edited January 2011
    I think the post-doc I work with may not view me very highly anymore.

Because he was like "Do you own Photoshop and Illustrator (for making figures for scientific papers)?"

and I was like "...Kind of..."

and he was like "You know I'm just not going to ask any questions about that."

Winky on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    Winky wrote: »

I think I know what it was. When in high school I took calculus and statistics which I got credit for. And it went through this college (cu denver). But I never actually registered at the college or anything like that and it was all taken care of by high school like a normal high school course. So I have no information to use to get transcripts or anything and the grades and classes are on my transcript from the college I got my bachelors from(CSU).

So lots of phone calls about classes from 10 years ago that I have no information on basically.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited January 2011

Yeah I am making some phone calls after breakfast. It is annoying as hell.

I dunno what the cause is in your case, but in my case...

I took some post-baccalaureate classes at a state university. When I applied to the state university, I'd put on my application that I was going to take some classes from a local community college. I didn't end up going to the local community college, and obviously didn't transfer any credits, but the state university put down the community college as a source of transfer credits anyway.

So when the grad school admissions people got my transcript from the state university, it listed the community college as a prior college.

I had to go to the community college, obtain a letter stating that I never went there, drop it off at the state university, and then get the state university to correct my records and send an amended transcript to grad school admissions.

Feral on

edited January 2011
    Winky wrote: »

I think I know what it was. When in high school I took calculus and statistics which I got credit for. And it went through this college (cu denver). But I never actually registered at the college or anything like that and it was all taken care of by high school like a normal high school course. So I have no information to use to get transcripts or anything and the grades and classes are on my transcript from the college I got my bachelors from(CSU).

So lots of phone calls about classes from 10 years ago that I have no information on basically.

I'd called CU Denver and see if they can produce a letter verifying that you never went there.

Ideally, if you're close enough to CU Denver to just drive there, get a physical copy of the letter and make copies.

Feral on

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I did an hour on a bike

holy shit I think my legs are going to fall off

I may die next month

Tav on
    edited January 2011
    use baking soda, Skippy

I'm at a hotel

I don't have access to that or salt

they might have toothpaste at the concierge but I haven't had a chance to ask and this is my last morning

Do you have any cheese? Just brush your teeth with cheddar cheese.

Don't even bother with the toothbrush. Just rub that shit all over your teeth.

Feral on

edited January 2011
    The pygmies from WoW are probably the most offensive racist stereotype in all of WoW (which is basically entirely populated by racist stereotypes), but I swear to god the sound they make when you hit them with a mallet is so funny.

Winky on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know if I like what I am doing in the veg thread but damnit

I am going to do it

Arch on
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    I don't know if I like what I am doing in the veg thread but damnit

I am going to do it

Arch, I've thought about it, and I've decided that your avatar is the coolest.

Winky on
    edited January 2011
    There's a veg thread?

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.