As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just did dentist. doing doctor in like a half hour. then doing a bunch of other errands. busy day is busy.

Smurph on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Good morning, [chat].

*flump*

*poke poke*

omg, I think a Passer just showed up. It's a rare and exotic animal. We must very carefully stalk it so as we may watch it in its natural state.

Wow, I'm not even going to post the first GIS result for 'exotic hijab', even though this is with safe-search moderate and it's SFW.

At least it's a fetish I can understand in that I've encountered the mild version before. :?

Exotic hijab, first GIS hit with safe search disabled.
    stock-photo-portrait-style-shot-of-a-beautiful-woman-wearing-a-headscarf-or-hijab-18720256.jpg

Safe search is pretty hit or miss, apparently.

Regina Fong on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    The pygmies from WoW are probably the most offensive racist stereotype in all of WoW (which is basically entirely populated by racist stereotypes), but I swear to god the sound they make when you hit them with a mallet is so funny.

So offensive to metalheads

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i am not actually a participant in VHEMT

but part of why i had myself sterilized was to remove myself from the gene pool

i have serious genetic health problems, as well as hereditary mental disorders

i am an evolutionary dead end, and thusly should not reproduce

i don't judge other people for not making the decision i do, but i do wish some would

Pony on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am thoroughly convinced the worst people in the world are a graphic artist's clients.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guess who fucked their sleep schedule yaaaaaaaay
    i hope you bought it dinner first

MikeMan on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh oh oh!

Like who Pony?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elldren, how was maid? I was sad that stupid simonwolf had to be out right up until I had to go to bed.

Silas Brown on
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »

i don't judge other people for not making the decision i do, but i do wish some would

I don't need to have a vasectomy, but I too am a boatload of bad genetic traits and it's for the best that I won't be passing them along.

Regina Fong on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This isn't what VHEMT wants though. They just want everyone to quit with the fucking already so all of humanity can die out.

I personally think sentient life is pretty cool.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    syndalis wrote: »
    Okay so in Black Swan, near the end when
    She goes to visit Winona at the hospital, did Winona stab her own face or was Natalie stabbing her face or did Natalie think she saw Winona stabbing her own face but it was really Natalie stabbing her face and did Winona really get stabbed at all?

That scene horrified me, and I am not one to get horrified during a movie. Like of all the crazy and sexy shit in that film, that scene and the one to follow it had me hands on mouth, eyes wide open buggin'.
    I am not even sure she went to the hospital. She was so far divorced from reality at that moment (feathers were already starting to show) that nothing you saw could be considered reality. I am guessing all violence except for the violence committed to herself was fantasy.

I guess it's not all that important to know what really happened but damn. That whole scene and the one after it. So D:

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Elldren, how was maid? I was sad that stupid simonwolf had to be out right up until I had to go to bed.

We haven't played yet

we are waiting for you to be available to do it,*hug*

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Polka!

Rockabilly-ish quick polka is best polka.

I like Gogol Bordello quite a lot. They're not Rockabilly, though.

Nor really polka-ish. Gypsy Folk Punk.

But yeah, I like Gogol Bordello too.

My first was the one with the red heels.

Passerbye on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When I saw Black Swan I triggered like three times and it was horribly unpleasant so I spent a lot of it staring at my hand/Aaron's jeans

and also I had to put my own synthetic butter on the popcorn and my friend and boyfriend ate the top layer of the popcorn so I ended up with dry, butterless popcorn

and the girl behind me would kick my seat every time anything moved on the screen.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This isn't what VHEMT wants though. They just want everyone to quit with the fucking already so all of humanity can die out.

I personally think sentient life is pretty cool.

Only if we're not sentient enough to debate about our being sentient. Maybe sapience is a better word for that?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Guess who fucked their sleep schedule yaaaaaaaay
    i hope you bought it dinner first

Does your work schedule think you cheated on it?

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Oh oh oh!

Like who Pony?

like other people with terrible health disorders that they know they will genetically pass on to their offspring

i personally feel that opting to reproduce when you know you have such problems, and willfully passing them on to your children, is at best irresponsible and at worst

could be considered a form of cruelty

i think those people should choose to get sterilized. i don't believe we should force them to, or create societal pressures to compel them to do so

but y'know, it'd be a good thing, i think, if less of some people reproduced

Pony on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

we are waiting on you!

we generated characters though. I am playing a kitsune temple maiden who is spying on our master. Elldren is an android. Our master is actually a girl scientist oh, and this is the Edwardian era and we all live in a palatial mansion with a secret love annex and horses.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

We haven't played yet

we are waiting for you to be available to do it,*hug*

Oh my gosh, I am humbled. You are the best e-friends a guy could have.

Silas Brown on
    edited January 2011
    When I saw Black Swan I triggered like three times and it was horribly unpleasant so I spent a lot of it staring at my hand/Aaron's jeans

and also I had to put my own synthetic butter on the popcorn and my friend and boyfriend ate the top layer of the popcorn so I ended up with dry, butterless popcorn

and the girl behind me would kick my seat every time anything moved on the screen.

:(

*hugs*

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    haha this guy claimed that it's egotistical of me to ask him not to cite the Birchers' rag, and that I had no right to do so

I'm not sure what he's thinking, but it certainly is amusing!

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011
    Polka!

Rockabilly-ish quick polka is best polka.

I like Gogol Bordello quite a lot. They're not Rockabilly, though.

Nor really polka-ish. Gypsy Folk Punk.

But yeah, I like Gogol Bordello too.

My first was the one with the red heels.

That's too funny.

With safesearch off the first three photos that came up for me were completely innocuous; the one I linked, the second was smaller but the woman looked very similar, and the third was a totally average looking arabic man and woman who are simply looking at one another, and the heels gal was #4.

Regina Fong on
    edited January 2011

damn it i knew that was going to happen

cass i am sorry i ate the buttered top layer, the place making you butter your own popcorn is such bullshit

Pony on
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

we are waiting on you!

we generated characters though. I am playing a kitsune temple maiden who is spying on our master. Elldren is an android. Our master is actually a girl scientist oh, and this is the Edwardian era and we all live in a palatial mansion with a secret love annex and horses.

And a Bugatti!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmmmn. To share photos of my new skirts in the fashion thread or not...

Passerbye on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

*hugs*

It wasn't too bad we went out for Korean food and I salvaged the evening which I'm really proud of! Because like a year ago I would have had to go home, or I would have sat at the table for the entire dinner and tried not to cry and hated everyone secretly. So you know. It's progress. And I guess it must have been a fantastic fuckin' movie for me to react like that!

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cass it might be a good idea for you to look into movies more before going to see them. Because Black Swan is some freaky shit and it setting you off was bound to happen.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    haha this guy claimed that it's egotistical of me to ask him not to cite the Birchers' rag, and that I had no right to do so

Birchers? People who are convinced that the birch trees in DC were really transplanted from somewhere else?
    That's too funny.

With safesearch off the first three photos that came up for me were completely innocuous; the one I linked, the second was smaller but the woman looked very similar, and the third was a totally average looking arabic man and woman who are simply looking at one another, and the heels gal was #4.

I often think situations like this exist purely to make people laugh.

Passerbye on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of popcorn

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2011

cass i am sorry i ate the buttered top layer, the place making you butter your own popcorn is such bullshit

you're not sorry at all you son of a bitch, i saw the glee and malice glittering behind your glasses as you ruthlessly scooped that popcorn

guys

pony is a monster the stories don't even cover it

once we went out for dinner and got a perogie appetizer

which come with seven perogies! (this is a bullshit decision on its own because how the fuck do you split seven perogies???

and the last one was left on the plate and he was like

"Well I'm taking this!" and scooped it.

and I gave him the sideye and said "You know Aaron always lets me have the fourth perogie."

and he said "Yeah but I'm not your boyfriend." scooped it and dip, and ate it.

MONSTER

edited January 2011

I'm not sure we can conclude this based on the given evidence.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    almost every post of cass's today has made me happy inside

Arch on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Especially in the work place where microwaves BURN them. The smell is atrocious.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited January 2011

*hugs*

It wasn't too bad we went out for Korean food and I salvaged the evening which I'm really proud of! Because like a year ago I would have had to go home, or I would have sat at the table for the entire dinner and tried not to cry and hated everyone secretly. So you know. It's progress. And I guess it must have been a fantastic fuckin' movie for me to react like that!

It's Aronofsky, even people without prior trauma can react like that to his movies

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    Abdhyius wrote: »

But... but it's so good.... :(

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011

*hugs*

I told you this before but the fact that you endured that film instead of fleeing to the lobby shows that you've gained strength and are more resistant to being triggered and freaking out than you used to be. It shows growth and healing, and that's a good thing!

I think if you had looked up in detail what sort of material Black Swan had in it, you'd have chickened out, and that would've been bad. I think you need to expose yourself to a certain amount of this kind of thing in a controlled environment surrounded by your friends and with your boyfriend there, I think fleeing from your triggers is the opposite of healing.

So, you did good.

Pony on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, my fiancé is an ex professional ballet dancer with MAJOR mother issues who combatted and defeated her perfectionism and OCD later in life...

I am never EVER letting her watch this film, it will probably destroy or at the very least attack years of progress.

That said, watching it was in some ways educational for me. I understand the film changed much for the sake of drama, but the competition and physical agony connected to that profession was laid very bare on screen, and it helped me understand why she can't even watch a ballet performance anymore.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited January 2011
    Cass it might be a good idea for you to look into movies more before going to see them. Because Black Swan is some freaky shit and it setting you off was bound to happen.

I usually use these Christian review sites because they not only say 'oh there's violence' they give really specific examples of the violence. But sometimes those fail me, like in Inception. And sometimes I want to be a real girl and go out for a night with friends without research and consideration for these things (which is stupid but eh)

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh god cass seriously

oh man

oh mannnn

(re: review sites)

Arch on
    edited January 2011

you're not sorry at all you son of a bitch, i saw the glee and malice glittering behind your glasses as you ruthlessly scooped that popcorn

guys

pony is a monster the stories don't even cover it

once we went out for dinner and got a perogie appetizer

which come with seven perogies! (this is a bullshit decision on its own because how the fuck do you split seven perogies???

and the last one was left on the plate and he was like

"Well I'm taking this!" and scooped it.

and I gave him the sideye and said "You know Aaron always lets me have the fourth perogie."

and he said "Yeah but I'm not your boyfriend." scooped it and dip, and ate it.

MONSTER

this story is 100% true

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.