As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    almost every post of cass's today has made me happy inside

really? you relish in a young girl in a theatre alone, surrounded by men, having her popcorn forcibly eaten?

you disgust me arch.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know what's awesome? Boston Legal is awesome.

Also I think a new keyboard may be the next purchase -_-

WMain00 on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, Boots (huge pharmacist/etc chain in the UK) seems to have decided that their advertising campaigns are targeted entirely at women, as a lot of their ads play pretty unsubtly upon the "lol silly males" angle. The ads often have a man acting slightly stupidly about their health (most recent example - refusing to admit he needed glasses) and women being the voices of reason and often exchanging amused/patient looks with each other. Their theme music is "Here come the girls", which sort of labours the point.

I can see why they've done it to some degree, as they have a huge focus on beauty products, which is primarily aimed at women. They've probably just decided to play to their main market

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    pony has glasses?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cass it might be a good idea for you to look into movies more before going to see them. Because Black Swan is some freaky shit and it setting you off was bound to happen.

I usually use these Christian review sites because they not only say 'oh there's violence' they give really specific examples of the violence. But sometimes those fail me, like in Inception. And sometimes I want to be a real girl and go out for a night with friends without research and consideration for these things (which is stupid but eh)

Alternately you should only watch Pixar films.

Regina Fong on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

really? you relish in a young girl in a theatre alone, surrounded by men, having her popcorn forcibly eaten?

you disgust me arch.

mmmmmmmm i am relishing like a new york hot dog right now

Arch on
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of popcorn

But... but it's so good.... :(

eh, not really

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2011
    I never have them put the butter shit on popcorn at the theatre. It's already butter flavored without that shit.

Regina Fong on
    edited January 2011
    sorlandschips1.jpg
    this is my snack

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

eh, not really

Have you only ever had the theater variety?

Passerbye on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    pony has glasses?

optical plan

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    [chat] needs more bacon.

Arch. Stat. NOW!

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    should I drink this guarana y/n?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    pony has glasses?

yeah

i'd love to wear contacts because i hate my glasses

but i am a giant wuss about things touching my eye so trying to put in contacts is this lengthy and uncomfortable process making them impractical for me

Pony on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cass it might be a good idea for you to look into movies more before going to see them. Because Black Swan is some freaky shit and it setting you off was bound to happen.

I usually use these Christian review sites because they not only say 'oh there's violence' they give really specific examples of the violence. But sometimes those fail me, like in Inception. And sometimes I want to be a real girl and go out for a night with friends without research and consideration for these things (which is stupid but eh)

I love kids movies. So much. I went to see Tangled and Megamind this year and I loved them both. Here's the thing though: I am the biggest pussy ever. So like, at the end of Tangled, I was totally out and out crying. If I was not surrounded by tiny little kids I would have been happily bawling. This is a good thing, I really enjoy crying at the end of a movie and then oh it's ok everyone gets together and there's a party! I cried like three times at How to Train Your Dragon it was wonderful.

BUT

I will not be mocked by a seven year old shit

edited January 2011
    I am so jealous of you guys hanging together

just so you know

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    pony has glasses?

optical plan

look i give you a lot of grief but this post made me laugh a whole lot

Pony on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Eh, what Pony says makes sense I guess. And you're toughening up, which is good.

Personally, I wouldn't go to a movie with the intent to, as Pony said, endure it. I'd rather enjoy something than make it a benchmark, especially when dropping money on it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

you disgust me arch.

dill-pickle-relish.s600x600.jpg

Smurph on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    haha this guy claimed that it's egotistical of me to ask him not to cite the Birchers' rag, and that I had no right to do so

I'm not sure what he's thinking, but it certainly is amusing!

Birchers? People who are convinced that the birch trees in DC were really transplanted from somewhere else?
    That's too funny.

With safesearch off the first three photos that came up for me were completely innocuous; the one I linked, the second was smaller but the woman looked very similar, and the third was a totally average looking arabic man and woman who are simply looking at one another, and the heels gal was #4.

I often think situations like this exist purely to make people laugh.

John Birch Society. Right wing wack jobs of the highest order.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

Yes.

It's good for your chi.

Regina Fong on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    haha this guy claimed that it's egotistical of me to ask him not to cite the Birchers' rag, and that I had no right to do so

I'm not sure what he's thinking, but it certainly is amusing!

Birchers? People who are convinced that the birch trees in DC were really transplanted from somewhere else?
    John Birch Society. Basically, the people who opposed Goldwater in 1964 because they thought he was too liberal.

And it turns out that it's egotistical because I'm claiming my judgment of news sites is superior to his, and by asking him not to use sites I don't like, I'm forcing my opinions on him. :lol:

Captain Carrot on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011

you disgust me arch.

New York hot dogs are alright, but I HATE what they do to their onions here.

I still think the Carolina preparation (mustard, slaw, chili, onion) is the superior hot dog.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited January 2011

Eh, what Pony says makes sense I guess. And you're toughening up, which is good.

Personally, I wouldn't go to a movie with the intent to, as Pony said, endure it. I'd rather enjoy something than make it a benchmark, especially when dropping money on it.

and that is why your Jedi training will always be incomplete

Pony on
    edited January 2011

y

stay awake with me all the hours

@Pony: I'm glad! You deserve laughter too.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited January 2011

eh, not really

Have you only ever had the theater variety?

no

also pony just keep at it

contacts are pretty nice

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I never have them put the butter shit on popcorn at the theatre. It's already butter flavored without that shit.

Depends on the theater. The ones around here start with just straight popcorn, which is nice for those of us who just want a tiny bit of butter and salt, rather than gobs of it. Though you have to watch the attendants like a hawk to make sure they don't gob it on when you ask for 'just a tiny bit of butter'. Apparently tiny = 1/4c for a medium bag of popcorn. :x

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011

see that's what I thought! But no, it was really dry and little bits of popcorn got stuck in my mouth! So Aaron's like "Don't worry I'll go get some butter shit on it" but it mostly tasted synthetic and weird and not at all buttery and then everyone ate the top layer and we were back at step one.

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS FOR THEATRE FOOD WOOOOOO

edited January 2011

Yes.

It's good for your chi.

fuck my chi

It will be good for my nostalgia

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    It's disturbing that a current justice on the Supreme Court thinks that the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection does not apply to women.
    Scalia wrote:
    Certainly the Constitution does not require discrimination on the basis of sex. The only issue is whether it prohibits it. It doesn't. Nobody ever thought that that's what it meant. Nobody ever voted for that. If the current society wants to outlaw discrimination by sex, hey we have things called legislatures, and they enact things called laws.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011

I love kids movies. So much. I went to see Tangled and Megamind this year and I loved them both. Here's the thing though: I am the biggest pussy ever. So like, at the end of Tangled, I was totally out and out crying. If I was not surrounded by tiny little kids I would have been happily bawling. This is a good thing, I really enjoy crying at the end of a movie and then oh it's ok everyone gets together and there's a party! I cried like three times at How to Train Your Dragon it was wonderful.

BUT

I will not be mocked by a seven year old shit

I got misty-eyed at several scenes in WALL-E and Up.

Regina Fong on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

you disgust me arch.

I have 200 gigs of that striped to a three disk RAID.

Silas Brown on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    uhhhh T: smurph

two things

lulz

and

why have we not hung out in person in like a year?

(the answer is I have been alternatively broke and/or busy but next weekend we should totes hang out)

Arch on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh my god, Pixar movies

one of the worst movie-going decisions I've ever made was seeing Up with a bro in a theater full of children. I cried so fucking hard. And, bless his heart, the bro didn't say a word.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    theater food long ago passed the equilibrium where you charge more for something because you need the revenue vs. charging less for something to sell more by volume

Pony on
    edited January 2011

Well it's funny because your mom doesn't feel the same way abut sex (i'm saying she's a hooker)

edited January 2011
    god I only have the one can and no way to get more :(

aaaargh

If I don't act soon I'll have to put it back in the fridge

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The best hot dogs are coneys.

Hot dog + beanless chili + onions + mustard + that's fucking it.

Smurph on
    edited January 2011

you disgust me arch.

I have 200 gigs of that striped to a three disk RAID.

<3<3<3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Res wrote: »
    It's disturbing that a current justice on the Supreme Court thinks that the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection does not apply to women.
    Scalia wrote:
    Certainly the Constitution does not require discrimination on the basis of sex. The only issue is whether it prohibits it. It doesn't. Nobody ever thought that that's what it meant. Nobody ever voted for that. If the current society wants to outlaw discrimination by sex, hey we have things called legislatures, and they enact things called laws.

Well to be fair, equality for women was most certainly not what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

Richy on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.