As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    T: rad no

work all the times

sleep when you are dead

No. Never.

Don't you know? Vegetarians never die.

Passer: <3<3<3 Yessssss. If I had all the dollars.

radroadkill on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It used to offend me that Aaron really liked blowjobs to the point where he prefers them to sex.

I'd be like

WHAT IS MY VAGINA NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? DO I HAVE A BIG VAGINA, IS THAT IT? OH GOD MY VAGINA IS FAT ISN'T IT. I HAVE A CHUBBY VAGINA.

and he was like

please stop saying chubby vagina it is making me physically ill

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    YES EVERYONE TELL ME I AM WRONG ABOUT WALL-E THANK YOU
    <3

This is D&D telling people their wrong is like our thing.

I would correct it but it kind of fits.

Passerbye on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hahahaha oh god cass

you know what you go suck a cock and let me know how that goes :x

It's okay Cass everyone is just a flailing mess of limbs and mouths and dicks their first time

besides at least you're not one of those girls who though it actually ment "blowing" and pursed their lips and whistled at the dong three inches in front of them

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    <3

Hey Arch
    ಠ_ಠ
    You're wrong.

Jokerman on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    i will never ever stop being bitter about BSG

Well the colonial civilization was a total dead-end, and so were the cylon. The only point was to get Hera to Earth. Sad, but that's the direction they went.

Regina Fong on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony has agreed to go shopping with me as I go through this transformative makeover.

And oh my god I am so anxious about the whole thing. Let's go over why.

1) The last time I went shopping, I had a crying fit in a Pennington's changing room, clutching a pair of size 22 jeans that DIDN'T GODDAMN FIT RIGHT, as a sales woman desperately told me I was beautiful. So you know, shopping as a fat lady is fucking stressful, especially since I have boooody issues

2) The whole point of shopping with a friend is like you leave the change room and the person critically examines your ass and is like "Yes that does not flatter your ass at all, no, you should wear these pants which will hug your hips." and it's like goddamn that is going to be nervewracking for me. I don't even know why but I bet there's all sorts of pyschological issues going on there.

3) Most stores near me are closed off so I need to find only plus sized stores which I don't know if there are any in Yorkdale or his mall.

4) Jeeeeesus fuck I have no fashion sense

on the upside

i criticize you like, all the time, sometimes cuttin' pretty deep

and you take it well even though i don't sugar-coat much

Pony on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So birds are dropping dead at my office outside. There's one just faceplanted in the ground right outside my window

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hahahaha oh god cass

SLEW

The worst part was the startlement on his face, like he was completely bewildered, and I still had to order my ice cream you piece of shit

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I mean, you can spin it into a super depressing "and then they all died" scenario if you wish, but that wasn't the story that was presented to you.

Well if we're going to spin "Return of the Jedi" into "Ewok genocide" and the new BSG into "they all died the next winter", I don't see why we can't also spin Wall-E into something ridiculously negative that's not implied in the movie.

Do you want to see my addendum to Monsters Inc. where the monsters are all really carnivorous and they eat all the children and humanity dies out in a generation?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    Pony has agreed to go shopping with me as I go through this transformative makeover.

And oh my god I am so anxious about the whole thing. Let's go over why.

1) The last time I went shopping, I had a crying fit in a Pennington's changing room, clutching a pair of size 22 jeans that DIDN'T GODDAMN FIT RIGHT, as a sales woman desperately told me I was beautiful. So you know, shopping as a fat lady is fucking stressful, especially since I have boooody issues

2) The whole point of shopping with a friend is like you leave the change room and the person critically examines your ass and is like "Yes that does not flatter your ass at all, no, you should wear these pants which will hug your hips." and it's like goddamn that is going to be nervewracking for me. I don't even know why but I bet there's all sorts of pyschological issues going on there.

3) Most stores near me are closed off so I need to find only plus sized stores which I don't know if there are any in Yorkdale or his mall.

4) Jeeeeesus fuck I have no fashion sense

on the upside

i criticize you like, all the time, sometimes cuttin' pretty deep

and you take it well even though i don't sugar-coat much

Yeah but if you are like

Cass you have a fat ass

I am going to tear my shirt off, shit in my pants, throw some at you, kick open the nearest fire exit, and flee into the woods for six weeks

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So birds are dropping dead at my office outside. There's one just faceplanted in the ground right outside my window

you better be fucking kidding AH that shit is not fucking funny

Ludious on
    edited January 2011
    Cass, I know how to feel! Shopping sometimes gives me near panic attacks and I cry in dressing rooms.

Yay, body issues! And sucky stores!

radroadkill on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    <3

I am a fountain of typos.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    hawk

Storm!

sorry about yesterday, I am a terrible flake it's true

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited January 2011
    <3

"they're", not "their".

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

No, I mean all the human stuff. The human stuff ruined what could have been a really innovative film. And that message about the evils of consumer culture and man's dependence on blah blah blah blah obscured the only part of the movie I cared about, which was the lonely relatable junker robot earning the love of the woman he admires. Anything to do with that other shlock, including the credits, was bad.

It was a really innovative film. Without all that human stuff it'd be a film about a guy getting a girl to fall in love with him but without any talking - and that is all it would be.

That would be the worst piece of shit ever. Alternatively it'd be an uninteresting indie-type film 1.5 hours long with content that'd get old after 10 minutes.
    Everyone knows the people were the worst part of Wall-E anyway.

You can tell Pixar really, really wanted to be really sarcastic and nasty with the whole consumer-culture-gone-awry thing, but someone at Disney was like "wait a sec, that's our customer base, just make them into obese naive teddy bears who mean well at heart or something."

Nah, pixar doesn't do horrible and nasty. Nobody likes horrible and nasty. Woody in Toy Story was meant to be a really sarcastic and generally horrible character that became nice throughout the film but they realised that the audience would still hate him, and the film, by the end of it even if he is nice at the end.

So they generally go for what's fun and nice and cute and great. Pixar are wonderful <3

Daxon on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

I'm not...

apocolypto co-worker is taking magnetic readings outside, and has done so for six months and noticed them going up.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Passer: <3<3<3 Yessssss. If I had all the dollars.

Someday I'll get back, and I'll drag Dyr kicking and screaming with me.

As it is we may be going to the California State Fair this year.

Passerbye on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    <3

"they're", not "their".

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    I mean, you can spin it into a super depressing "and then they all died" scenario if you wish, but that wasn't the story that was presented to you.

Well if we're going to spin "Return of the Jedi" into "Ewok genocide" and the new BSG into "they all died the next winter", I don't see why we can't also spin Wall-E into something ridiculously negative that's not implied in the movie.

Do you want to see my addendum to Monsters Inc. where the monsters are all really carnivorous and they eat all the children and humanity dies out in a generation?

Yeah I don't do either of those things but if other people want to depress themselves, that's their right.

Regina Fong on
    edited January 2011
    Rad you work in a Sephora right? I want like, eyeliner that's easy to put on. And lipgloss. And mascara. And eyeshadow. That's it! Do you have any reccomendations for first-timers?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm not...

rage virus ftl

Ludious on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh my god, Pixar movies

one of the worst movie-going decisions I've ever made was seeing Up with a bro in a theater full of children. I cried so fucking hard. And, bless his heart, the bro didn't say a word.

WALL-E upset me pretty badly, never watching that again.

i didn't cry, i just had that empty feeling of terrible sadness and i wanted to curl up and die

What was sad about WALL-E? O_o

Tav on
    edited January 2011

Well the colonial civilization was a total dead-end, and so were the cylon. The only point was to get Hera to Earth. Sad, but that's the direction they went.

it's not even the ending

my dissatisfaction with BSG has a really specific moment

and that's where Baltar suddenly realizes despite being repeatedly told there are 12 Cylons, he's only seen 7, so who are the "Final Five"?

and then that is a mystery Six won't explain and it becomes the focus of the next few seasons

it became obvious to me the writers didn't know who the Final Five were either, because this show is fucking made up week-to-week as they go along and all this meta-plot and mystery is a giant fucking waste of my time why am I watching this meaningless BULLSHIT

and i kept watching, out of hopes that i was just cynical and i'd turn out to be wrong

then the show literally ended with Deus Ex Machina and i wanted to eat a gun

Pony on
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    <3

I am a fountain of typos.

No no, you've distanced yourself from the wrong individual so much that it really is their wrong, you could never do or think something so mistaken.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    Oh my god, Pixar movies

one of the worst movie-going decisions I've ever made was seeing Up with a bro in a theater full of children. I cried so fucking hard. And, bless his heart, the bro didn't say a word.

WALL-E upset me pretty badly, never watching that again.

i didn't cry, i just had that empty feeling of terrible sadness and i wanted to curl up and die

What was sad about WALL-E? O_o

i explained this already, read back a few pages

Pony on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    Rad you work in a Sephora right? I want like, eyeliner that's easy to put on. And lipgloss. And mascara. And eyeshadow. That's it! Do you have any reccomendations for first-timers?

Nooo, but I've shopped there. I work at Lush.

Although I will say for eye stuff try Urban Decay. I love their stuff. I'm still learning how to make-up and hair things, but I started with them. Easy to use, lots of colors.

radroadkill on
    edited January 2011
    Pony should you ever want to eat a gun...
    case-gun-comp-final-750.jpg

Ludious on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The worst thing was when I was shopping on Monday and got stuck in a top I could not take off without help

that was embarrassing

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hawk

Storm!

sorry about yesterday, I am a terrible flake it's true

oh no biggie

eddy was there and then 3 of my other college friends well and then actually 2 other people from college and then my coworker and his friends

was entertaining

eddy actually somehow went to queens and then was on the g or something and i texted him and managed to get him in the right direction

what a goose

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited January 2011

it's not even the ending

my dissatisfaction with BSG has a really specific moment

and that's where Baltar suddenly realizes despite being repeatedly told there are 12 Cylons, he's only seen 7, so who are the "Final Five"?

and then that is a mystery Six won't explain and it becomes the focus of the next few seasons

it became obvious to me the writers didn't know who the Final Five were either, because this show is fucking made up week-to-week as they go along and all this meta-plot and mystery is a giant fucking waste of my time why am I watching this meaningless BULLSHIT

and i kept watching, out of hopes that i was just cynical and i'd turn out to be wrong

There were definitely some low points after the middle of season 3 but I enjoyed large tracts of season 4, including the extended cut of the final episode - which I thought was brilliant.

Regina Fong on
    edited January 2011
    I tried to get my brother to watch Wall-E. He left less than a quarter of the way through because "who cares about cartoon robots?"

I haven't forgiven him yet.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    The worst thing was when I was shopping on Monday and got stuck in a top I could not take off without help

that was embarrassing
    I'll help you :winky:

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hahahaha oh god cass

SLEW

The worst part was the startlement on his face, like he was completely bewildered, and I still had to order my ice cream you piece of shit

Ahahahahaha

and then Fencingsax used SLEW as his title for like a year because someone told the story in [chat]

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Nooo, but I've shopped there. I work at Lush.

Although I will say for eye stuff try Urban Decay. I love their stuff. I'm still learning how to make-up and hair things, but I started with them. Easy to use, lots of colors.

I love my Urban Decay lipstick.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm not...

apocolypto co-worker is taking magnetic readings outside, and has done so for six months and noticed them going up.

bullshit

Arch on
    edited January 2011

When I found out one of the final five was
    that chick who worked for Laura who had maybe five lines in the entire series until then
    I just thought "you really just pulled all of this out of your ass five minutes before the script was due didn't you?"

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Oh, wait. but for mascara go in and ask for Fiberwig. It's a brand and it is amazing. Black, but done with fibers. Easy to put on and it DOESN'T SMEAR. EVER. Seriously, if you ever fuck up putting it on or blink when it's wet give it a sec, let it dry, and it literally rolls off the face in a little ball. It's PERFECT. And it never melts to give you dark emo circles.

radroadkill on
This discussion has been closed.