As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    oh my god this was a mistake

i am terrible and fat and plain and it will cost like a bazillion dollars to try to make me look presentable yorkdale has like two stores i can use and they're both stupid expensive

i fucking hate shopping, i hate that a thin lady can walk into any store and try stuff on while i'm fucked, i hate my body, i hate missing out on that whole female experience of shopping, i am just frustrated

if it's any consolation, clothes off the rack fit almost no ladies, thin or not.

there are at least eight highly-variable critical dimensions to a lady's body dimensions. shoulder width, bust size, waist size, hip size, arm length, neck size, leg length, etc. to say nothing of the fact that some of these dimensions are highly dynamic on most ladies because of menstrual bloating and such.

and you guys get one single non-standard measurement number (size 2 olol!)

frankie has turned to making to sewing her own clothes in part because of this.

so uh take heart. more central to the female experience of going shopping and trying on clothes is being able to find nothing that fits you or looks good on you!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    Pony when you said The Collector I thought you wrote that awesome horror movie that came out last year.

I was getting excited.

I've never seen your Canadian television, except for Degrassi

yeah i should've been more specific

technically most of what i did on the Collector is script doctoring, not writing proper

but i did participate in some of the episode writing, but because i was non-guild and i was an arrogant little fuck without an agent i got screwed over and got no credit

i got money from it, not a lot, but they did pay me. what i didn't get was credit so i am bitter about that

(to be clear i am not bitter about being uncredited for script doctoring because script doctors don't get credit usually, it's more the actual contributions i am bitter about)

the stuff with Space was much more infuriating. i don't know if i can express how disappointing it is to get all excited that your own TV show is being made, that you wrote, and you tell your family and your friends and you go to all these fancy meetings and you meet with casting people and you sit in on casting aaaaand

then you get a call one day and they're like "yyyyeah we're not going to greenlight the pilot after all, we decided not to front the money sorry"

You ever thought about making your own webseries now that HD filming is so cheap now?

i'd either have to front the money myself (which I can't) or get investors

investors creates obligations, profit obligations, and as anyone can tell you making money off the internet is hard

moreover, I am not an amateur film-maker. I am a writer. I write. I don't have the interest or chops to engage in an entire online series production. I've made independent amateur films before, even on their most basic level they cost a lot of money and require a great deal of investment

and skills that, quite frankly, I am not endowed with. just because I am a writer doesn't mean I know dick all about how to light a shot, for example.

Pony on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    White Weenie forever! <3

:?:

Not Dyr

Hey now, Dyr is built. He works in a warehouse hefting 50lb+ boxes all day long. He looks twiggy, but yeah. Ripped.
    Magic deck.

Ahh.

Passerbye on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Another for fun MTG deck would be a morph deck.

Inquisitor on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    see things like door of desire and coat of arms are things I am also interested in
    Run creakwood liege.

Do it.

Shadowmoor/Eventide were waaaaaaaay overpowered.

Fucking Mimics.

i like creakwood liege but he isn't an insect but i think i am alright with it

He's a fungal swamp monster, close enough.

Plus he's amazing.

Spawns a 3/3 every turn.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Today I learned a new word! Specious! Thanks Senjutsu for making me peer into the abyss that was the Huckleberry Finn thread.

Aldo on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For some reason I find it vaguely annoying that there are nineteen different kinds of cat litter in the shop.

I just can't see there being that many specific use cases for it. And competing on branding for a material that your animals use to bury their poop seems retarded.

japan on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Another for fun MTG deck would be a morph deck.

Brine Elemental + Vesuvan Shape Shifter.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

MTG Deck. You play low cost agressive creatures (the Weenies) using White mana, use White's ability to strengthen everything on your side, and some precision removal to remove threats while you power your way to victory.

RMS Oceanic on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Godfrey Daniels, this is the last straw.
    I flipped my eggs that morning using only my bare hand, and while it hurt a bit, I consider that the pain of a "natural kitchen" rebirth. I gave up cooking utensils that day and never looked back.

What

Authentic means doing whatever your grandmother hated with a burning passion, but with the option to stop if it gets difficult.

Actually seriously, my aunt asked my grandma for tips about cotton gathering in order to make her own totally-from-scratch blankets and my grandma almost hit her.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    oh my god this was a mistake

i am terrible and fat and plain and it will cost like a bazillion dollars to try to make me look presentable yorkdale has like two stores i can use and they're both stupid expensive

i fucking hate shopping, i hate that a thin lady can walk into any store and try stuff on while i'm fucked, i hate my body, i hate missing out on that whole female experience of shopping, i am just frustrated

if it's any consolation, clothes off the rack fit almost no ladies, thin or not.

there are at least eight highly-variable critical dimensions to a lady's body dimensions. shoulder width, bust size, waist size, hip size, arm length, neck size, leg length, etc. to say nothing of the fact that some of these dimensions are highly dynamic on most ladies because of menstrual bloating and such.

and you guys get one single non-standard measurement number (size 2 olol!)

frankie has turned to making to sewing her own clothes in part because of this.

so uh take heart. more central to the female experience of going shopping and trying on clothes is being able to find nothing that fits you or looks good on you!

Yeah I have yet to meet a lady for whom most clothes don't fail to fit some particular body part or other. The legs are too long or short or there's not enough room in the thighs or hip or the bust doesn't fit right and the shoulders are off and the sleeves are too narrow or

it is a litany of complaints

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

MTG Deck. You play low cost agressive creatures (the Weenies) using White mana, use White's ability to strengthen everything on your side, and some precision removal to remove threats while you power your way to victory.

Its boring.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • IrishRodentIrishRodent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »
    For some reason I find it vaguely annoying that there are nineteen different kinds of cat litter in the shop.

I just can't see there being that many specific use cases for it. And competing on branding for a material that your animals use to bury their poop seems retarded.

Now I'm trying to think of whether or not there are nineteen different types of toilet paper at the grocery store.

IrishRodent on
    edited January 2011
    see things like door of desire and coat of arms are things I am also interested in
    Run creakwood liege.

Do it.

Shadowmoor/Eventide were waaaaaaaay overpowered.

Fucking Mimics.

i like creakwood liege but he isn't an insect but i think i am alright with it

He's a fungal swamp monster, close enough.

Plus he's amazing.

Spawns a 3/3 every turn.

And if you get two of them out, you get two 5/5's every turn.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Today I learned a new word! Specious! Thanks Senjutsu for making me peer into the abyss that was the Huckleberry Finn thread.

specious is the cousin of sophist

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

Ah.

Sounds... card-y.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011

To be fair, their target market is people who let animals shit in their house

Senjutsu on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FW8Xo8ENo

heard this on the radio the other day and it came back to me just now

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    Oh HAI Senj.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011
    Aldo wrote: »

it changes a man

a barren, cold place that was niggardly with wisdom

Senjutsu on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

I think this is the deck idea that the white deck in magic duels of the planeswalkers is, but I can't actually use it in the trial

Arch on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

communist

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

Its boring.

I think the sexiest thing I ever did with WW was when they cast this:

41.jpg

I cast this:

11.jpg

They lost over half their deck and didn't get to mill me to death. :P

RMS Oceanic on
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

I think this is the deck idea that the white deck in magic duels of the planeswalkers is, but I can't actually use it in the trial

yes, except not really because that deck uses high-cost flying creatures for some stupid reason

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    ugh

shouldn't all this mtg talk be happening in one of those nerd subforums?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Now I'm trying to think of whether or not there are nineteen different types of toilet paper at the grocery store.

Tesco has 48 products in the category "Toilet Roll". Six different brands. Most of the variation is in pack sizes and fancy colours, though.

japan on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There is a plaza with three plus size shops in a row. I guess I'll figure out how to get there via bus.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

yes, except not really because that deck uses high-cost flying creatures for some stupid reason

WW usually has one or two big hitters, the most classic being Serra Angel.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited January 2011
    ugh

Gooood gooooood

Your hate makes you strong

Gives you power

gives you focus

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

Baneslayer/Akroma

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

true, but it doesn't generally have half its creatures this.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ugh

no will

also you cannot team up with pony and give swirlies to half of [chat]

:P

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like the actual game of MTG, it's the playerbase that makes it bad.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited January 2011

I'll agree with this one.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    ugh

This is one of the nerd subforums. Don't delude yourself.

Elldren, Elldren, Elldren, guess what I found!

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

Baneslayer/Akroma

I like Exalted Angel personally, swapping it out for that White/Green thing that had protection from three different colours as and when the need arises.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

Baneslayer/Akroma

I like Exalted Angel personally, swapping it out for that White/Green thing that had protection from three different colours as and when the need arises.

Oversoul of Dusk.

Shadowmoor/Eventide had some crazy good cards. All the deities. All the leiges. And the mimics.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

i mean i don't know i never used it and i flattened the computer in a few turns with the green deck they start you with

Arch on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011

I'll agree with this one.

I'll say the same thing for White Wolf's "World of Darkness." I loved the lore, the stories, and the general feel of the setting.

I did not love the douchebags who played it in hobby shops or 90% of the people playing the LARPs.

gothic, tragic middle class teenagers.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited January 2011
    I used to follow the MTG story pretty closely (The novels written by Jeff Grubb are fantastic), but this tailed away after Time Spiral, which felt too much like a Crisis On Infinite Earths style plot device to kill off all the old planeswalkers to let the lightweights get some attention.

RMS Oceanic on
This discussion has been closed.