As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[JAM MOBA SON] League of Legends: onions suck

• FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Playing broken Sion is so sad right now because even with his broad sexy shoulders he can't carry a piss poor team to victory.

Fellhand on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Our second ranked TT was one of the best I have ever played.

Picture my poor Blitzcrank getting first blooded under my tower. I get a revenge kill but it still stings. The enemy team's Shaco is jungling everywhere and popping out. He has gold, lots of gold. Our corpses litter the lanes, poisonous daggers stuck in rusted hinges. We start to fall back, losing tower after tower as we panic and scramble for a plan.
    Our best hope lies with Karthus. He has the destructive power necessary to incinerate Shaco. But Shaco knows this and he has Karthus's number. Every fight results in a swift crumpling of robes. Shaco is always 3 steps ahead of us in more ways than one, and starts to bulk up. Every precious second that is wasted firing upon his robust clones leads to more and more deaths. With Shen and Morgana keeping off the heat it appears to be a futile endeavour to kill the beast.
    We retreat to our one remaining tower, a bastion of hope still standing thanks to a constant protective storm. Scorched earth, tornadoes and bolts of lightning keep the monsters at bay. They dared not stray too close, for a swift grab to our orbital laser ensured a quick death. We weathered the barrage with no real hope of pulling through.
    After what seemed like days had passed but was actually merely an hour, something miraculous, something incredible happened. It seemed I had underestimated my champion. Not content with being merely hard to kill, Blitzcrank's fists now hit with his full weight behind them. His rage at being bested by these miserable humans burst forth into unimaginable fury. No force could stop him, he had become Godlike. They had no choice but to die.

Here is a screenshot.
    ttforever.jpg
    The game lasted 62 minutes. I was simply amazed at how I could suddenly take on their team and simply not give a fuck. Uppercuts hitting for 800 damage on a 3 second cooldown were pretty damn amazing. I have been having good games with Blitz lately but I wasn't sure of his viability. I'm now convinced he is a really solid underrated champ.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Edit: Tree's stream would be twice as good if he talked half as much :P
    I really enjoy his chatty nature. A lot of what he says is good.

He's quite reminiscent of day[9] actually, especially when he's pointing out what he likes.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Where do I watch Tree stream? ;_;

http://www.own3d.tv/live/6377

Thank you, sir
    another archangel's (or tear) would equal more AP over time

ummm.
    you'd need more than 5,000 mana just to get equivalent to a deathcap.
    just sayin'

dogg you don't even know, one time i had 800,000,000 mana

Organichu on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Tree was definitely a little influenced by Day 9 in the way he casts, he even has some of the same mannerisms, ways he points out correct and incorrect moves. I mean if you aren't watching Tree for his commentary than you probably should watch hotshot on mute.

Fizban140 on
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry for coming in and idling in Vent for ages. I tried getting this other microphone to work, then gave up after about thirty minutes. I muted my sound, forgetting that I was even in the chat, and cranked some Amon Amarth through my new subwoofer while trying out Singed. My thunderous footsteps shook the ground like drums of war and I claimed the spines of my enemies as trophies to buy my passage into Valhalla.
    untitled.png

I had so much gold that I could have stacked each coin on top of one another and climbed my way to the fucking moon.

Liquid Ghost on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Picture my poor Blitzcrank getting first blooded under my tower. I get a revenge kill but it still stings. The enemy team's Shaco is jungling everywhere and popping out. He has gold, lots of gold. Our corpses litter the lanes, poisonous daggers stuck in rusted hinges. We start to fall back, losing tower after tower as we panic and scramble for a plan.
    Our best hope lies with Karthus. He has the destructive power necessary to incinerate Shaco. But Shaco knows this and he has Karthus's number. Every fight results in a swift crumpling of robes. Shaco is always 3 steps ahead of us in more ways than one, and starts to bulk up. Every precious second that is wasted firing upon his robust clones leads to more and more deaths. With Shen and Morgana keeping off the heat it appears to be a futile endeavour to kill the beast.
    We retreat to our one remaining tower, a bastion of hope still standing thanks to a constant protective storm. Scorched earth, tornadoes and bolts of lightning keep the monsters at bay. They dared not stray too close, for a swift grab to our orbital laser ensured a quick death. We weathered the barrage with no real hope of pulling through.
    After what seemed like days had passed but was actually merely an hour, something miraculous, something incredible happened. It seemed I had underestimated my champion. Not content with being merely hard to kill, Blitzcrank's fists now hit with his full weight behind them. His rage at being bested by these miserable humans burst forth into unimaginable fury. No force could stop him, he had become Godlike. They had no choice but to die.

Blitz has arguably the highest rapidly repeatable burst damage in the game.

From the look of things, you'd have won a lot sooner if your Karthus had let you get a minion kill occasionally. :P

Sokpuppet on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yo, the over drive changes and lowered CD on ult made blitz 100% better

also, jungle rammus win to jungle udyr stomp.

Feldorn on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    telling you guys

ap blitz

seriously good

your hook becomes a nuke

and your ult? holy shit get 40% cdr and you have a semi spammable mega nuke/silence

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    telling you guys

ap blitz

seriously good

your hook becomes a nuke

and your ult? holy shit get 40% cdr and you have a semi spammable mega nuke/silence
    Yup. DFG/Lichbane/AP is just beautiful. Grab someone, DFG them, and Power Fist them for the rest of their health.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They were remarkably tough to crack at their base. It took us ages to break through, but we eventually just grabbed the Baron buff, formed up at the final lane turret in mid, and proceeded to go buck fucking wild on anything that moved. I was suplexing people like a stomping mad Steve Williams. Blood and gore splattered the ground and I ripped Katarina's ass clear off of her body for later use.

Scientific use.

EDIT: I barely even read what I was replying to and even then, I failed to quote the post that I didn't understand.

It's time to put down LoL and relax with some delicious orange juice.

Liquid Ghost on
    edited January 2011
    Apparently Tree and I have the same first name. :?

Sokpuppet on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    honestly liquid ghost you are my favorite person ever

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited January 2011
    I aim to entertain.

I may have a 25-40 win/loss ratio in all of my games, but at least the opposite team is laughing at something I said while they remove my sex organs.

Liquid Ghost on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I should note that the Janna build I suggested is somewhat gimmicky

It works best in a constant pressure/push team, take Flash for safety and Clarity for constant tornadoes destroying waves and plink towers down

Farm AP to stay ahead of creep HP

That said, if you want a real/actually more generally useful Janna build, level her shield to max instead, build Nashor's and Malady and hybrid carry. Get your cooldown max with Nashor's and that way you can give it away half the time and still keep close to 100% uptime on yourself to deeps.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I sometimes feel Blitz is OP, and I worry he'll get nerfed :(

MrOletta on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MrOletta wrote: »

i know.

Feldorn on
    edited January 2011
    You should carve a wooden Blitz statue out of buckeye burl.

Sokpuppet on
  • sligmastasligmasta Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone down for a game with a newly bought vlad? if so name's sligmasta, on now

sligmasta on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ugh.. I hate the "you're not fucusing X hero! That's why we lost!" argument. Dude. Fiddles isn't actually IN the fight. It's not like he leads the charge. He waits until the fight already started and then he ults in, mass silences, and fears. What the fuck do you want us to do, walk past their entire team hoping to run into fiddle?

TheBog on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »
    MrOletta wrote: »

i know.

In the right hands...holy crap can he carry a game. I main nasus and he is basically the one champ that makes me shudder with fear during the lane phase. Anyone else I can handle, but with blitz you just never know when he'll get a hook off, burst you, and his lane buddy will go to town.

In other news, I just can't break my losing streak as of late, keep getting stuck with shitty pug teams. Even though I'm playing pretty well, it's simply not enough to win games. Had a game tonight with a ryze lane buddy, he keeps getting boned by a Sion/Lux double stun combo and yells at me for playing too conservative. Issues a surrender when the game starts to go south, it doesn't pass, so he decides to feed. Spends the rest of the game announcing his trips up mid lane, spawns, runs up the middle as far as he can and dies...every time. Spams chat with shit talk in the interim. His final build was 6 oracles elixers. We all reported him...but it was probably just a smurf account anyway. I have to wonder if Riot actually even bans idiots like that?

Dark_Side on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »

It works best in a constant pressure/push team, take Flash for safety and Clarity for constant tornadoes destroying waves and plink towers down

That said, if you want a real/actually more generally useful Janna build, level her shield to max instead, build Nashor's and Malady and hybrid carry. Get your cooldown max with Nashor's and that way you can give it away half the time and still keep close to 100% uptime on yourself to deeps.

Pushing the lane hard is really, really, REALLY bad in the current metagame. You will get ganked and die and/or cause your lane partner to die.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited January 2011
    OremLK wrote: »

Pushing the lane hard is really, really, REALLY bad in the current metagame. You will get ganked and die and/or cause your lane partner to die.
    Solo mid Janna

It is the bestest

Took Pantheon's tower even with an Eve in the game

Just farmin' erryday

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited January 2011
    telling you guys

ap blitz

seriously good

your hook becomes a nuke

3botnotanks.jpg

this game

this game

i pick blitzcrank and lock in and tell my friend "don't give a fuck playing AP blitzcrank" despite an ashe and cassiopeia already having locked in

i tell him "do you really care about winning?" as he switches between shen and miss fortune. he finally settles on miss fortune! woo not giving fucks

get into the game, we both go bottom but ashe is a bit ahead of us. we start telling her to go top and shes like "nope too bad, i'm already halfway there" and i am too busy being in not giving a fuck mode and go "oh man this is gonna be HILARIOUS"

MEGA SUPER 3 BOTTOM TWO SOLO LANES STRAT IS A GO. the enemy team is like "3 bot???" and i'm just like "IT IS ALL PART OF THE PLAN!"

irelia solos top and, hilariously, we are laned against double melee while having two ranged AND a melee! ashe, miss fortune, and blitzcrank actually outzone and beat jax and malphite, who'd have thunk it

within 15 minutes we have first blood and a tower in our lane and irelia isn't doing so bad soloing top, she quickly becomes our surrogate tank after her frozen mallet and guardian angel rush, and actually did a pretty good job of it despite having the most deaths

edit: forgot to add that not only is ulting for 900+ damage on 5 people the most fun thing ever, but that malphite was one of THOSE malphites who goes "SOMETHING SCALES WITH ARMOR? BETTER STACK NOTHING BUT" and i would grab him, deathfire him, punch him with lich bane for 400+twice my base damage then ult him and he'd die

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    YOUR COPY OF WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE YOU THIEF

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
    edited January 2011
    Yessssss trilane victory

Just gotta ward the shit outta your jungle so you don't give the enemy a double jungle

And go forth and rape

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Yessssss trilane victory

Just gotta ward the shit outta your jungle so you don't give the enemy a double jungle

And go forth and rape

their jungling fiddles really didn't do as much as he should have

he should have rushed to crowstorm our asses

what was weird was we somehow managed to keep up with the jax and malphite, probably through zoning them from experience

but fuck we were underleveled compared to the solo lanes, really had to wait a while before we were able to do much

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited January 2011
    You can make up for it by sending one guy periodically to do the camps on that side of the jungle and also by getting a gold advantage by getting last hits on everything in the wave for your carry.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I was bored. Solo queued and played AP Pantheon. Went better than I could've ever imagined.

Endgame stats below. Second spoiler is a quick example of how much power I was packing into my Grand Skyfall.
    appanthftw.jpg
    datappanth.jpg

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So apparently Caitlyn's ult

If it "crits"

Does less damage than if it didn't crit

Wooooops

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2011
    OremLK wrote: »

Solo mid Janna

It is the bestest

Took Pantheon's tower even with an Eve in the game

Just farmin' erryday

Ah well if you're solo mid I guess it's different

I was envisioning the typical duo lane janna nado creeps all day thing which gets me killed and makes me rage :(

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So. There really are people who get carried into the mid 1450s. That's for damn sure. I had a Kassadin who took top vs an Anivia. Died once to her and then left the lane to run around and feed other champions for a few minutes. Our Sivir was trash talking the whole time. I politely asked him to shut his trap because it was unhelpful to the team. After losing 2 Tier 2 towers, I asked the Kass if it was his first time. He told me he was just bad at the game. *facepalm*

Good thing tho, because I was being nice and wasn't yelling at him, I got him to listen to me. I told him to stop diving. I told him to protect the Sivir and get a Banshee's Veil. I gave him specific orders to protect the Sivir; stop diving; silence the Nunu or Anivia. He miraculously stopped feeding. He even netted some kills. He was like 1/8/? before this point. Thank goodness our Sivir went Warmog's/Atma's this game. They focused me sooo hard because of the diving and damage I was doing to Anivia and Corki. I ran away. Sivir is just auto attacking away like no one cares.

One of the best Shaco I've ever seen in this game. A tad crazy and got himself killed roaming their jungle. But mostly very good about exiting a fight and not dying. I did my job and fought 3 people on their team while the rest of my team fought 2. Overall, terrible and awesome game. I'm totally stressed out.
    loltekbadkasslistens.jpg

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI
    edited January 2011
    Everyone has bad games where they play poorly and make bad decisions.

You will run into people having awful games and doing baffling things in every Elo bracket. It just happens less the higher up you get in rating.

OremLK on
    edited January 2011
    That's why Sivir's good.

Ye gods that was an efficient, machine-like game from Roku.

OremLK on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have not won a ranked game all week. :(

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have not played a ranked game all week... I THINK IT IS TIME

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    rankedshutout.jpg
    welp

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AP Blitzcrank is the new, all natural AND family friendly Blitzcrank.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
    edited January 2011
    Kass is so much fun even when I'm having a bad game and losing

And so much more fun when I'm going 7/0 and carrying my team

Kassadin just owns in general!

OremLK on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This currently expresses my feelings on this game right now:

;____;

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
This discussion has been closed.