As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: 100% Easier to Find

Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for teaSecret British ThreadRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology
logo.jpg

League of Legends is a DoTA (Defense of the Ancients) style game made by some of the people that worked on DoTA Allstars. It's free to play; but, includes augmentations that you can buy with real money or in-game points.

mylife.jpg
20...te-d328mn8.jpg

Get on the G&T vent to play with us (list at bottom), the vent info is stickied at the top of the forum.

There's a ton of info on the game, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel. So, check out:
leagueoflegends.com, the game database provided by Riot (who make the game).
leaguecraft.com, there are a lot of fan sites out there with general information and builds. This is just one; and, it's kinda slow as shit. Regardless of where you look for builds keep in mind, most of them make assumptions that are not clearly conveyed and there are a lot that are just plain bad. Tread lightly.
KillerCodeMonkey's wiki, add your brilliant shit to it.
Game mechanic shit, stuff like how attacks and magic and fuck work.
Rune break-dancing, good info about what runes you should buy.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
HERE'S A LIST OF NERDS WHO ARE BETTER THAN YOU AND ALWAYS WILL BE HAVE FUN WATCHING THEM WHEN YOU COULD BE PLAYING YOURSELF

You better only only look at this shit at work.

THE MOTHER FUCKING CODE
The new code was posted about a page back. It's L R L R D D U U 3 4. It works.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND REAL CASH DOLLA MONIES FOR CHAMPIONS
Zoelef wrote: »
Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.
Cutfang wrote: »
Q: How can I get champions and save money?
A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.
For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.
3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).
This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

I've decided not to deal with updating this obnoxiously coded picture assortment of champions. So go to the LoL wiki for the updated Champion list.

Valiantine has a lovely spreadsheet that you can add your summoner name to.

HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndHNfOGJ1VFNZVVZ6c1NtZVktdXpsTVE&hl=en&authkey=CJPuh4wG#gid=0

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM MooMan or VaLiantine, because I don't understand simple spreadsheets.

Here is a video to help improve your laning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91al_z8Szs

FALLOUT IS INTERNET FAMOUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rh2orBrEFQ
zen if you are going to edit the op

put this in there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZNu7a-G8Fk

For you maybe because you're a filthy foreigner who wants to win my affections.

I DO NOT LIKE ANY OF YOU

Zen Vulgarity on

• undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    zen you like me

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nope

Literally despise you with every part of my legal beagle being

Zen Vulgarity on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't understand how that urgot did so little damage

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Picks fiddle

Locks in

Complains about squishy team

Asiina on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If only there were more LoL cartoons to teach the masses how not to feed.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kicking off this thread with a game I had last night as AP pantheon. Behold!
    appanthftw.jpg

Here's how much power I was packing by endgame.
    datappanth.jpg

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grand Skyfall would be great if it had a 2 AP ratio

God I would play nothing but AP Pantheon

Zen Vulgarity on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Impractical as fuck, but hilarious.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If only there were LoL cartoons that taught the masses not to push lanes to the enemy tower when you're not in a push comp.

Xin with 6CS after 6 minutes because fucking Galio constantly wipes waves so we're at the enemy team's tower. The enemy team is Urgot + Blitzcrank = fuck youuuuuu I'm sitting in the back.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited January 2011
    If only there were LoL cartoons that taught the masses how to teach the masses

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Brags Ahoy

Honorable Mention: Started off 10/0/13-ish before a failed nexus dive:
    TLA4u.jpg

Zilean, tail end of last patch:
    eDgK6.jpg

Galio. Xin Zhao was afk for the first five minutes and Reagan had connection problems early. Does that stop the MR juggernaut?
    3CTnG.jpg

Annie, Random morning solo-queue. I saw Ring/Catalyst/Treads/Void Staff in use by a top-1000 player so I thought why not?
    jfPSY.jpg

Zoelef on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jam doba son ;_;

Sokpuppet on
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So i'm currently downloading the U.S client, and I can see so much fail in my future ..

Also Evelynn hates me, why can't she leave the poor jungle Rammus alone?

olliedag on
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zen likes me.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh hey neat , one more level and I can buy non suck runes.

EspantaPajaro on
  • SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Runes are lame and dumb and steal all of your IP. It's not that exciting.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They're exciting if you jungle a lot!

Slicer on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    Runes are lame and dumb and steal all of your IP. It's not that exciting.

It's true.

Yesterday I decided I didn't like my MP5 runes anymore, so I traded them all in and bought new ones.

Sokpuppet on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Just lost another ranked, 1-7 as Blitz, really not sure what I could have done better. Pantheon and Xin kept jumping at the enemy in team fights so I would have to run in, silence them, knock up their dps and then they ALL focus me, kill me while my team watched.

I really don't think people know how to engage in this game, if there is even a slight chance that you can kill the enemy, that IS NOT a signal to go for the kill. Trading 1 for 1 doesn't really get you anywhere unless the enemy is incredibly fed but even then that is a bad idea because you are likely defending and need 5 to defend.

I know blitz is not a good main tank, but I didn't have any other real options. Rammus, Amumu, Shen, Malphite were banned, Cho first picked so that left me with Singed (never played) and Blitzcrank. I do love to crank though so I chose blitz.

Fizban140 on
  • LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in that video in the OP. OWNING AS MALPHITE.

Lunysgwen on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LONG LIVE MOBA DOBA

edit: I would like to thank all the little people who helped me shoots spikes at Akali to be on the intervideowebs.

Also, in Zoelef's brags, me and Nisi were laning and roflstomping Gragas and Akali with lollipops and [strike]rainbows[/strike] power fists. I think each of us also had at least one unnecessary death diving at the fountain/nexus double towers. That was a fun game.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited January 2011
    Jam Totes

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So in first testing, Tear of the Goddess is alright on Singed, but it helps if you crush your lane in the process. Having a Fiddlesticks lane with me was quite potent, especially the second he hit level 6:
    XTYSq.jpg

Zoelef on
    edited January 2011
    Gonna play Caitlyn more today

She's like teemo but worse but more fun

Zen Vulgarity on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gonna play Caitlyn more today

She's like teemo but worse but more fun

zen tell riot to make a teemo soundpack for caitlyn tia

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited January 2011
    I was playing against a caitlyn in a 2v1 lane, it was Morde and Janna (me) against Caitlyn, she fucking wrecked us. She is very strong 2v1 early game, I mean once I get enough points in shield and zephyr she wasnt a problem but before 6 she is devastating.

Fizban140 on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    how can two traps be more fun than infinite mushrooms

Feels Good Man on
    edited January 2011
    Sniping people is pretty great

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2011
    I am playing the tutorial (trying to see if it gives IP) and there is a part about quests and bonus gold..wtf?

There is no way they added that just for the tutorial, wonder if there is anything in the new map...

Fizban140 on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    okay I am lv30 now I will be the person getting away with 8 health instead of dying thanks to my new health quint

Jars on
    edited January 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    okay I am lv30 now I will be the person getting away with 8 health instead of dying thanks to my new health quint

Now you get to spend all your IP on runes instead of champions, have fun. I dropped 30k IP just for some basics.

Fizban140 on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I already have a full set of t3 runes plus 3 health quints for jungling. cdr and armor pen runes are good for a lot of chars.

Jars on
    edited January 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    I already have a full set of t3 runes plus 3 health quints for jungling. cdr and armor pen runes are good for a lot of chars.

That is good, that is pretty much my set up plus mp/5.

Fizban140 on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It doesn't seem to matter how well one does with Caitlyn in the lane, though, she will still suck in teamfights :?

I feel like I'm getting really exceptionally irritated at champion picks today. I think I've run into the following first three picks in three separate matches in the last 24 hours:

Caitlyn
    Kat
    Ryze

All insta-lock of course.

Probably taking things waaay too seriously, but for me, winning is fun, and having a team comp where we're at a huge disadvantage and have to severely outplay the other team to win is kind of not cool with me and I wish people would stop making bad picks.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited January 2011
    On a team with no tanks our first pick was Pants, then after that it was an insta lock xin.

Fizban140 on
  • IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I am playing the tutorial (trying to see if it gives IP) and there is a part about quests and bonus gold..wtf?

There is no way they added that just for the tutorial, wonder if there is anything in the new map...

Actually I think they did just add it for the tutorial, considering all the quests are things like "go here" and "kill a neutral creep" and things like that

IncognitoEsq on
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »

Actually I think they did just add it for the tutorial, considering all the quests are things like "go here" and "kill a neutral creep" and things like that

Yeah, would be nice if they added quests to one of the new maps too though, spice things up a bit.

Fizban140 on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    what the hell is moba doba and jam totes anyways it's a very cliquish attitude to have these all the time and dick answers when people ask about them

i'm pulling a godwin here and i'm gonna say that they resemble things that spawn from chat threads and megathreads

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    what the hell is moba doba and jam totes anyways it's a very cliquish attitude to have these all the time and dick answers when people ask about them

i'm pulling a godwin here and i'm gonna say that they resemble things that spawn from chat threads and megathreads

Jam son, that ain't totes

Am I doing it right?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    moba is the genre name - multiplayer online battle arena

doba is a nonsensical word that rhymes with moba

jam is a delicious condiment

totes are bags

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png