As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Board Games] Space Alert owns. Like, a lot.

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Okay, so my parents have gotten themselves some moutainside property as a vacation spot. My mother, noting my hobbies, desired some board games to take up there. Let me start that my mom has only been exposed to mainstream board games, so let me list what I am looking for.
    -Simple to learn. My parents are both in their 50s, and while they're not senile or anything, I know my mom can easily get overhwhelmed.
    -Around 3-6 players. My parents want to have Christmases here in the future, but not huge parties. Two player is a plus, but not necessary.
    -Not too reliant on expansions. Expansion that just include "more" are fine, but I don't want to confuse them with more rules. Small World has a lot of expansions good for this (more races and powers), whereas Battlestar Galactica has loads of new mechanics and rules with each expansion.
    -Somewhat clean. Chaos in the Old World would probably be too freaky, whereas Last Night on Earth probably isn't too bad. Doesn't have to be kid friendly, but these are my parents so yeah.

Obvious games include Dominion, Carcassonne, Catan and I think a co-op game like Pandemic would be a great idea. My dad would love Diplomacy, but I'd rather not have my parents divorce over a broken alliance.
    I'd like a nice stockpile of games to cover a decent range of varieties so nobody gets bored.

I'm not sure about Mare Nostrum for this... it's a much longer, heavier game than anything else there.

I'd offer Pitchcar as another dexterity game option; with either that or Crokinole you can even run heats and tournaments for larger family gatherings

I'd also offer up Ingenious, Blokus Trigon, and/or Qwirkle as simple abstracts.

We don't have auction games, yet, so Ra, Modern Art or Lascaux could be useful.

With those added, we have:

Abstract:
    Blokus Trigon - abstract area control; 2-4 players
    Hey! That's My Fish! - abstract, area control; 2-4 players
    Ingenious - abstract, color matching; 1-4 players
    Qwirkle - abstract, color matching; 2-6 players
    Set - logic puzzle, 1-? players

Area control:
    Carcassonne - tile-laying area control; 2-5 players (6 with expansion)
    Samurai - tile-laying strategy, area control; 2-4 players
    Smallworld - area control; 2-5 players

Auction:
    Lascaux - set collection via auction; 3-5 players
    Modern Art - auction, hand management; 3-5 players
    Ra - more complex set collection via auction; 2-5 players

Bluffing:
    Citadels - bluffing and building, light strategy; 2-8 players
    Incan Gold - bluffing/press your luck exploration; 3-8 players

Card games:
    Dominion - card drafting; 2-4 players
    Guillotine - humorous card game; 2-5 players
    Keltis - hand management, set collecting card game; 2-4 players
    Notre Dame - economic game, card drafting; 2-5 players
    Ticket to Ride - set collecting; 2-5 players

Cooperative:
    Forbidden Island or Pandemic - co-op (I'd recommend Pandemic, there; it isn't that complex and the deeper gameplay may be appreciated); 1-4 players

Dexterity:
    Crokinole - dexterity; 1-4 players

Euro:
    Agricola - farming euro (the family version matches the need for a simple game, and you can break out the other options when you are around); 1-5 players
    Kingsburg - city building; 2-5 players

Party:
    Dixit - not sure how to classify this; sounds like a visual Balderdash, so I'd consider it a party game; 3-6 players
    Say Anything - party; 3-8 players

Racing:
    Jamaica - racing; 2-6 players

Trading:
    Bohnanza - trading and dealing; 2-7 players
    Settlers of Catan - trading and building; 3-4 players

Darian on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I'd recommend looking at Plant Steam. The market simulation in that game is brutal, but fun. I'd link it, but I'm on my droid.
    Planet Steam. To avoid confusion. ;-)

I blame Swype's auto predict. :)

But thanks.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Thanks guys, especially Darian for taking time to organize it all.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Played Dust today, and lo, it was excellent.

It's an obvious descendant of Risk, but it gets rid of all the annoying stuff I didn't like about vanilla Risk.

You decide turn order by each player selecting a hidden card and playing them simultaneously. They have some basic stats (combat rating = number of attack moves you can do, movement = ditto, resources = bonus resources to buy stuff with, and a 1-3 star tiebreaker). Each card also has a once-per-turn special ability. Some of the cards:

One card that lets you pick up any Mech units you have on the map and have them all attack one land area via airdrop. Nasty.

Special Weapon lets you attack an area and force the enemy to retreat from it without having to pick a fight. Also nasty in the right places.

Mech Builder gives you one free Mech unit. That's five free resource points.

Your resources are 6 base, 3 per controlled factory, 1 per controlled capital. You start with three factories controlled. New ones can be built for 6 resources.

Your units are actually different, and not just denominating multiples of units. The basic unit is the Tank (2 resources, 1 attack, 0 supremacy). Then the Mech (5 resources, 2 attacks, 1 supremacy) and then there are fighters, bombers and submarines.

Supremacy is a nice feature - whoever has the most supremacy with his force in an area gets to attack first, tiebreakers going to the defender.

When losing units, you get to remove tanks before mechs and fighters before bombers, so you get to keep the heaviest hitters when you take losses.

Overall, really fun game. It has two sets of rules - one that takes 3-4 hours to finish, and one "Epic ruleset" that takes 7-8.

Echo on
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Brought out Dominion for the first time with my fiancee and 2 friends. Big hit, unsurprisingly. We ended up describing it as "kind of like a CCG, but without all the bullshit". :)

For simplicity, I'd recommend Priests of Ra over Ra. Ra just seems to have a lot more "fiddly bits" (the best word I have for it). Priests of Ra seems to have everything grouped together in a simpler way.

Oh, and with Pandemic, if you don't want to get the expansion, at the very least, use the version of Operations Expert from the expansion. Makes him work much more on par with the other roles.

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I really want to like Dust, but I hate those dice so very much.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alien Frontiers and 4 games of Cash 'n Guns tonight (thank you secret santa!)

CnG was a big hit as I expected with my FLGS group.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    7 Wonders has a bit of a learning curve, or maybe a learning wall. There's a lot you have to absorb before you can start, and the rules could have used a scrubbing after translation. But once it gets going it is quick, and entertaining. You have to pay attention to what your neighbors are doing so it is not just multiplayer solitaire. We played with 5, and that seems like an excellent number.

Also saw some people try to learn Wok Star by playing without the timer. ...yeah.

antherem on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am disinterested in Dust when I saw it was a risk like game because I have trouble trying to get others to play me compared to dust tactics which you get a wargame with mechs!

Brainleech on
  • Options
    TimmyTimmy Rank: Major Floating in my tin can.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm kind of curious about this because it's hard for me to conceive of dice that are bad enough to make someone turn down a game when they like the other aspects. What is it that you don't like about them? I can't seem to find any good pictures of them.

Disclaimer: I might be having trouble conceiving of this because I love dice more than any reasonable person should. Probably more than even unreasonable people should.

Timmy on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of Dominion, played my first two games of it in some basic intro mode the rules described. Pretty fuckin' badical, I must say.

desc on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Timmy wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I might be having trouble conceiving of this because I love dice more than any reasonable person should. Probably more than even unreasonable people should.

They're just dice with four blank sides and two bullseyes showing hits.

Echo on
  • Options
    TimmyTimmy Rank: Major Floating in my tin can.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Echo wrote: »

They're just dice with four blank sides and two bullseyes showing hits.

Oh, well that is kind of boring. I just assumed the pictures that I saw weren't showing all of the faces. They could have at least put a miss symbol on them! I know my Small World die can give you a "why did I even bother" feeling since you get a blank face half the time.

Timmy on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quick Arkham Horror question: I have a feeling about the actual answer but I can't find a solid ruling anywhere in FAQ's/Rulebooks. Characters with item deck abilities (like Monterey Jack and the unique deck, the salesmen with the common item deck), which get to grab one extra card when drawing from their respective item deck, does that apply to starting equipment? They are drawing from the deck, but they're not really shopping or making a choice. So for example, Monterey Jack gets two unique items to start. Does he draw 3 and pick 2? Draw two, pick one, and repeat? Or does it not apply to starting items and he just gets the top two on the deck?

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Draw three and pick two.

Reference:
    Note that characters who get multiple objects in their starting kit draw them as one single draw. So the Student, for example, draws three skills and discards one, rather than drawing two and discarding one, and then drawing another two and discarding one.

Second reference, more general, that says the same thing.

edit 2: Actually, it's in the set up rules, step 9. No need to resort to BGG.
    9. RECEIVE RANDOM POSSESSIONS
    Each investigator sheet may indicate that the investigator
    receives one or more random possessions. Each player,
    beginning with the first player and continuing clockwise,
    draws the indicated number of cards from the
    appropriate decks, as listed on his investigator sheet in
    the “Random Possessions” area.
    Note: Abilities that affect drawing cards from the card
    decks, such as Monterey Jack’s Archaeology ability, do
    work when drawing random possessions at the start of
    the game.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Darian wrote: »
    Draw three and pick two.

Reference:
    Note that characters who get multiple objects in their starting kit draw them as one single draw. So the Student, for example, draws three skills and discards one, rather than drawing two and discarding one, and then drawing another two and discarding one.

Second reference, more general, that says the same thing.

edit 2: Actually, it's in the set up rules, step 9. No need to resort to BGG.
    9. RECEIVE RANDOM POSSESSIONS
    Each investigator sheet may indicate that the investigator
    receives one or more random possessions. Each player,
    beginning with the first player and continuing clockwise,
    draws the indicated number of cards from the
    appropriate decks, as listed on his investigator sheet in
    the “Random Possessions” area.
    Note: Abilities that affect drawing cards from the card
    decks, such as Monterey Jack’s Archaeology ability, do
    work when drawing random possessions at the start of
    the game.

Much appreciated, that's what I assumed.

Endaro on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Played some Yomi today using some character sheet printouts I made and a couple decks of playing cards and a Puzzle Strike chip to mark heads or tails and some poker ships to mark life. Definitely want the full game (next week!)

Then played some RftG when a third person came by.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Friendly reminder that most malls have a seasonal "Games" shop that only exists for 3 months a year and is currently closing up. Most of what they have is puzzles and shitty branded versions of Monopoly, but there are usually some gems. I picked up Telestrations and Curses! (which I had been looking for, it's out of print) today for 50% off, in years past I've snagged Go boards for like $10.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    brain operatorbrain operator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm kind of curious about this because it's hard for me to conceive of dice that are bad enough to make someone turn down a game when they like the other aspects. What is it that you don't like about them? I can't seem to find any good pictures of them.

Quite a lot of people dislike dice as a major randomisation method (I'm one of them, though mine is not a hatred that burns with the fury of a thousand suns). For euro-type games card decks are the randomizer of choice nowadays, since they're not completely random unless you draw, put the card back in and reshuffle every time - sillyness. With cards you can do some reasonable risk management and if you do at least a middling job of it, you won't see your carefully laid plans go completely astray by dumb (bad) luck. With dice, you see of lot of that.

That's quite aside from disliking the actual, physical dice too.

brain operator on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Endaro wrote: »
    Quick Arkham Horror question: I have a feeling about the actual answer but I can't find a solid ruling anywhere in FAQ's/Rulebooks. Characters with item deck abilities (like Monterey Jack and the unique deck, the salesmen with the common item deck), which get to grab one extra card when drawing from their respective item deck, does that apply to starting equipment? They are drawing from the deck, but they're not really shopping or making a choice. So for example, Monterey Jack gets two unique items to start. Does he draw 3 and pick 2? Draw two, pick one, and repeat? Or does it not apply to starting items and he just gets the top two on the deck?

This also works against you...starting with the Dark Pharoh herald and Cthulhu starts ol' monty insane :shock:

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Why? While he may draw 3, he immediately discards one of them, so he still only gains 2.

Quick edit: Wait, you said and Cthulhu. But still, that would happen whether or not his Archaeology power were active. Do Herald effects even apply during set-up, though?

Darian on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Darian wrote: »
    Why? While he may draw 3, he immediately discards one of them, so he still only gains 2.

Quick edit: Wait, you said and Cthulhu. But still, that would happen whether or not his Archaeology power were active. Do Herald effects even apply during set-up, though?

I believe they do. The Old Ones cards definitely do, clarified multiple times in the FAQ. Character abilities also apply to setup.

I guess the only thing that might affect things is the order of setup.

Also? I see the web-only heralds (and hell, ALL heralds) as hard-mode additions to the game. You play with them if you want to see the game try even harder to kill you. So why not start off a player insane?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GaebrilGaebril Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, I love Dust. I love dice, too. I love that Dust lets me roll a dozen dice per attack.

It's a really simple game (compared to say, AGoT or Mare Nostrum), and we do play with some quick fixes that make the game flow better (simultaneous production phase, rebalanced unit stats). But I'd say it's much better than Risk if you need an introductory-level light wargame.

Gaebril on
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Played an epic 4-player game of Dominion yesterday.

King's Court, Talisman and Thief were at the table so, after an early failure of Venture, I committed early on to not bothering about having any money in my deck, I acquired enough Peddlers, Markets, Workers Villages and Monuments along with King's Courts that I eventually - after a slow, slow start, cruised to Victory with 62 point vs 48 vs 47 vs 22. I managed to snaffle 5 Gardens and 2 Colonies without anyone noticing.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I bought a board game for the first time ever a few week ago. It's for 2-4 players, is called Rattus and is set during the Black Plague. It's fairly simple to learn (played it with my niece and nephew over Christmas), appeals to cut throats and is fun. The final phase of the game is perhaps too dependant on chance for some. Personally, I like randomness and there are ways to minimise effects suffered, so it's cool with me. I liked it so much I might pick up the expansion.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The weirdest game of bang just now (4 players: renegade, sheriff, 2x outlaws)

The sheriff was Pat Brennan which is a goddamn amazing card and should be only 3 bullets instead of goddamn 4 (draw a card in front of another player instead of 2 from the deck)
    I as outlaw was Claus the Saint (3 life, draw 5 cards, choose 2 for myself, give one to each other player) seated next to the sheriff, other outlaw also next to sheriff.

Other outlaw got killed but Pat got so goddamn powerful that I had to buff the renegade and coax him into pinging off chinks from the sheriff's wall of goddamn armor. As he had mustang/hideout I could never reach him the entire game. As I was so vulnerable I kept the 2 beers I drew at the start of the game in my hand the entire game. It didn't help that the sheriff is so goddamn lucky with the barrel draws. Still, he was stuck at 2 lives most of the time so the renegade was unsure whether or not to actually hit the sheriff in case I could ever reach him to finish it off.

Stuck in a deadlock for several several rounds with the renegade fighting against the sheriff (and the occasional hit against me) until finally the other outlaw comes back and we manage to at last kill the bastard after some more rounds. No one wants to kill good ol' Claus the Saint!

Alegis on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I keep trying to like Dust for the fact that it succeeds fairly well as a shorter, better structured version of the Risk formula, but it's so disconnected from its theme that I'm just continually disappointed by it. The Dust universe is so neat and full of alien technology and magic and crap, but then you have a game where every faction plays exactly the same and, aside from having little Mech bits, could be set in any era since WWII. I'm used to euro and card games having tacked on themes, but you'd think a 3+ hour war game could have had the theme penetrate more than skin deep. Also, the rules for submarines annoy me.

Played my first game of Pandemic the other day. It was a lot of fun but not challenging at all. We played it with the 5th player from the expansion and using the expanded deck of Role cards, but with the introductory difficulty and none of the expansion challenges. We won with just 5 cards left in the Player draw deck (without really realizing we were running low), so I guess it wasn't That decisive a victory, but it never felt like the diseases were getting away from us. We even eradicated 3 out of the 4. I think next time we'll play at either Heroic difficulty or Normal with some of the added challenge stuff.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got Ascension last night, and before I get someone in on some 2 player games, I wanted to go through it, so I tried a rough solitaire variant that I found on Boardgamegeek. I was surprised at how fun it was, but I guess that could also be the new-ness of it. The center row acts as a sort of conveyor belt, with a virtual player winning the rightmost(sometimes) two cards. I think the randomness inherent in the game is what enables a decent solitaire version. There may well be one for Dominion, but I don't see it being as interesting.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Played the Order of the Stick adventure game last night with the full 6 players. I don't know if anyone else here has played it, it's a kind of cooperative/competitive dungeon crawl based on the comic. It's pretty fun in terms of the mechanics and the humor, but it just takes so FUCKING LONG. It's even longer than arkham horror, because at least in arkham there's a countdown until the ancient one arrives. In oots, there's no strict time limit, you're just trying to be better/quicker than the other players, so there's little incentive to press on through the dungeon. It might be better if we played it more than once every year or two and people actually try to beat the other players instead of treating it as a full coop.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, I consistently hear of 4-6 hour Arkham games, and while long, my OOTS games topped out at about 3 hours.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ours was 5, and we got xykon on the first lair space, and skipped the dungeon collapsing at the end. Maybe it just feels worse than arkham because it feels like it should be a lot shorter.

edit:: Also, this was with the full 6 players, and my largest arkham game has been 4 players.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Played the Order of the Stick adventure game last night with the full 6 players. I don't know if anyone else here has played it, it's a kind of cooperative/competitive dungeon crawl based on the comic. It's pretty fun in terms of the mechanics and the humor, but it just takes so FUCKING LONG. It's even longer than arkham horror, because at least in arkham there's a countdown until the ancient one arrives. In oots, there's no strict time limit, you're just trying to be better/quicker than the other players, so there's little incentive to press on through the dungeon. It might be better if we played it more than once every year or two and people actually try to beat the other players instead of treating it as a full coop.

I had the same reaction to my first and last game of OotS. The game outlasts its own humor value. (See also: Munchkin.)

antherem on
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got to play my first two rounds of Dominion base game this weekend. Having started with Thunderstone, I can see that it's clearly derivative in so many ways. That said, I had a lot of fun exploring the new cards and look forward to trying out some of the myriad expansions. I still recommend Thunderstone over Dominion if someone were only able to purchase one or the other, but both are worth owning.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We confused pr-game.com. It declared two winners for game 18.
    Winner of this game is Darian
    Winner of this game is Lykouragh

Darian total score is 40.
    Darian scores 0 VPs for large buildings.
    Darian scores 18 VPs for buildings.
    Darian scores 22 VPs with VP chits.
    antherem total score is 29.
    antherem scores 0 VPs for large buildings.
    antherem scores 17 VPs for buildings.
    antherem scores 12 VPs with VP chits.
    jakobagger total score is 33.
    jakobagger scores 0 VPs for large buildings.
    jakobagger scores 14 VPs for buildings.
    jakobagger scores 19 VPs with VP chits.
    admanb total score is 31.
    admanb scores 7 VPs for large buildings.
    admanb scores 20 VPs for buildings.
    admanb scores 4 VPs with VP chits.
    admanb scores 4 bonus VPs for 14 colonists vith Fortress.
    admanb receives 4 VPs for Fortress.
    admanb scores 3 VPs for 1Small and 1 Large production buildings with Guild Hall.
    admanb receives 3 VPs for Guild Hall.
    Lykouragh total score is 40.
    Lykouragh scores 7 VPs for large buildings.
    Lykouragh scores 22 VPs for buildings.
    Lykouragh scores 11 VPs with VP chits.
    Lykouragh scores 7 bonus VPs for 7 violet buildings vith City Hall.
    Lykouragh receives 7 VPs for City Hall.

Checking the rules:
    The player with the most victory points is the winner! If two or more
    players tie with the most VPs, the player with the most doubloons and
    goods together (1 good = 1 doubloon) is the winner.

We each have 2 doubloons and no trade goods, so I believe this is a true tie. Lykouragh had the game outright, but decided to settle (for potentially +1 VP from his residence) instead of taking mayor (to activate his residence for 6 VP). Guess he was hoping admanb would mayor for him, but he'd be getting fewer VP from the custom house and extra colonists than you would from the residence).

Good game, all!

Final board

Darian on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought I did better, but I guess getting blocked out of every Captain phase took its toll.

admanb on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just bought Race for the Galaxy and the first two expansions for $50 on Ebay. Much with the happy.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Come play Apples to Apples right now!

www.nutsybolts.com/invite.php/38918/walt

desc on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    but. but apples to apples is a Badgame.

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

indeed.

Endaro on
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

But Goodfun. It is indeed a Paradox.

My solution is to play Dixit which has all of the fun of Apples to Apples but also includes a scoring system that isn't just arbitrary bullshit thus making Dixit an actual game.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
This discussion has been closed.