As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 1-5-11: the dog kind of scares me

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Graphic Violence
Thanos Imperative: Devastation is more of a prologue to the Annihilators mini series coming up than a Thanos Imperative epilogue, but still the usual great story and art from Dna and Sepulveda, who has quickly become one of my favorite artists:

it is essentially Cosmo doing Peter's last wish and recruiting the big hitters to be a permanent staple in the galaxy, and in between the recruitment scenes we see them wreck the shit out of Blastarr and his army.

tidc.jpg

tidd.jpg

TexiKen on

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am surprised that Ultimate Captain America is my choice this week. If only for the fact that he gets his ass handed to him by a new mystery villain. Ultimate Cap is kind of a dick in my opinion, and not in the good way like USAgent is, he usually just comes off as arrogant and annoying in his dickishness so seeing him get smacked around a bit is quite pleasing.
    Now, Cap is doing a joint operation with MI5 to neutralize the N. Korean super-soldier program only to run into the guy who's been helping the Koreans out.
    UltCap1.jpg
    UltCap2.jpg

He's having a bit of trouble here and Danvers has to do some checking to find out who our masked guy is.
    Holy Shit
    It's NUKE!
    UltCap3.jpg

Apperently Danvers identifies him as the Captain America of Vietnam, a covert soldier that has the same super-soldier formula running through his veins.

Edit: And yes, I am aware Tex beat me to the reveal, but it's still awesome.

I also picked up Reign of Doomsday as well. Lots of cool action throughout the issue and it leaves you wondering what goals Doomsday is working toward (it does allude that he's working toward something even though he appears to be Death of Superman era intelligence levels).

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ok, Tex. That's a pretty great epilogue. And an awesome team.

Linespider5 on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GOOD DOG BEST FRIEND

Synthetic Orange on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That is awesome (in regards to Thanos Imperative: Devastation)
    You are forming a cosmic superhero team AND WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING IT

Karl on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would feel sorry for ultimate Cap but he is a dick so I don't. Still looks cool though.

Solar on
  • Duke PhillipsDuke Phillips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My MOTW would be picking up "Who is Jake Ellis?". I bought it after reading the preview that was posted in the new comics thread and it's pretty great and has enough of a sneaky hook to keep me on. Great writing and the art really works with the script. Looking forward to more.

Duke Phillips on
    PSN/Origin: Grizz359
    Steam: Grizz
    3DS: 4038-6012-7259
    T4CT wrote: »
    everyone deserves space vaginas for christmas
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My MOTW would be picking up "Who is Jake Ellis?". I bought it after reading the preview that was posted in the new comics thread and it's pretty great and has enough of a sneaky hook to keep me on. Great writing and the art really works with the script. Looking forward to more.

Seconded! This book could be really great, it's already hooked me.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, when's the last time a double page spread blew your socks off?

KhAYX.jpg

Avengers Prime #5.

Synthetic Orange on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That page is so rad

Solar on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alan Davis can do no wrong, IMO. I hope to someday see a follow-up to his FF:The End series (which ended with
    a crazed Dr. Doom ruling the Negative Zone

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    that is metal as fuck

desc on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    see now

that is a thing I wanna see in an Avengers book

Bendis you have won some good will

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    it looks like Tony and Steve hugged it out at the end too

Alan Davis should be drawing a regular monthly title again, he's never drawn Thunderbolts...

TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huh, maybe I WILL read Avengers Prime once the trade comes out, because that is great.

Hensler on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Avengers Prime is actually really good, especially considering how dull I found the normal Bendis Avengers to be.

Pretty excited to read the last two issues out of my backpile.

HadjiQuest on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish Steve kept wearing that mail and sword setup. Looks way better than that eyesore star costume.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    it looks like Tony and Steve hugged it out at the end too

Alan Davis should be drawing a regular monthly title again, he's never drawn Thunderbolts...

what is the deal with Tony's gigantic sleeves there

Centipede Damascus on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's the special Mockingbird armor

Furu on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Avengers Prime is actually really good, especially considering how dull I found the normal Bendis Avengers to be.

Pretty excited to read the last two issues out of my backpile.

I wasn't big on the start of the series, but the last couple books are fantastic, so have fun.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Htown wrote: »
    I wish Steve kept wearing that mail and sword setup. Looks way better than that eyesore star costume.

What's wrong with the Super Soldier costume? I like the Fighting American nod of it.

Hensler on
  • kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Reading Avengers Prime made me yearn for more fantasy styled adventures starring Thor, Tony and Cap.

kfrooster on