As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for Panelists! (topic: office politics/geekery)

slaaderslaader Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in PAX Archive
Hi Everyone,

I've just submitted a panel idea on the subject of office politics, professionalism, and balancing all that with all of our wonderful hobbies.

I'm only one man though and need you! I'm looking for 2-3 panelist and 1 moderator (to help facilitate conversation). Ideal candidates will be working professionals from MA (or New England) based companies with an office or classroom environment (thought this is not a deal breaker by any strech!).

If your interested reply to this thread or contact me at amend.mike@gmail.com

Thanks!

slaader on

• Options
    WittyUgly BobWittyUgly Bob Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    Sent you an email about my experience.

WittyUgly Bob on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Give me a shout if you want, I work for a ginormous company and have gone from small dept office to large one to shared business space.

schuss on
  • Options
    doctorlandodoctorlando Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I'm up for this as well. I attended last year.

My experience may differ from what you're asking, but I'll let you decide.

I started a small media company that reports on Gaming news, industry highlights, and the newest tech. I also contract with Machinima.com. I create short films using machinima, such as short videos, funny videos, and tutorials.

I interview developers and game industry professionals at these shows, as well as enjoy the games and compile video summaries of each day of the trip.

I balance college courses, website work, media production, and my love of the gaming industry.

Hopefully I can help if needed.

doctorlando on
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey there. I work for computer services at a state university and have a staff of 30-40 (it fluctuates semester to semester) of both part-time student workers and full-time people. Our institution is majorly bureaucratic and political, and because we're in IT there are a lot of gamers. Since I'm the boss, that means balancing the politics, the off-shift gaming (because some of us are on Steam, WoW, and Guild Wars together), and running the staff and facilities. Let me know if you'd like more information, as I'd be interested :-)

DMmagic on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I emailed as well. This is a great topic - being the "office geek" has actually really changed over the years - it'll be interesting to attend.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the interest everyone! I've had a few people email me directly, and right now I've got 4 panelist lined up.

You've all got some great backgrounds! I'll keep an eye on the thread, and be responding to e-mails, but based on due dates and early interest I think we are full up. I wish I could get all of you in!

We've got panelist from the following areas: staff/professionalism training, programming (health care and commerce), banking, and consulting all lined up right now!

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

slaader on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wanted to thank everyone for all the emails, well wishes and enthusiasm I recieved for this topic! Unfortunately the PAX East folks have decided their wasn't room for the topic in the schedule.

Thanks everyone!

slaader on