As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Macro Thread Anyone?

MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Since I'm a lazy Hunter I love macros. Here are a few that I have come to know and love.

Blizzard Macro and UI Forum.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11114&sid=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=96143900&sid=1

If are in an area where you can use a flying mount this will allow you to do so, otherwise it will mount your regular mount.
/use [flyable] Ebon Gryphon; Swift Yellow Mechanostrider

Since I don't have a 280% mount yet I don't always need to fly in Outlands. This will mount your flying mount with left click of the macro button and mount your regular mount with right click.
/use [button:1] Ebon Gryphon; [Button:2] Swift Yellow Mechanostrider

I have a couple more that should probably go in the class specific forums but I thought it wouldn't be bad to get a thread started on this topic since 2.1 made a few changes with the macro system.

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
301787-1.png
Muriden on

• 1up1up Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Can we request macros also? >_>

I would like a macro that sunders if there is not yet 5 sunders and devastates if there is 5 sunders on the target.

1up on
    tf2_sig.png
  • meddleRPImeddleRPI Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I was SO TYPING THIS up when you posted.

Anyhow, I don't play Rogue, but here's a hella useful rogue blind macro:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Blind
    /cast Blind

Bind that to a key. If you have a hostile opponent targeted, it will blind them.

If you want to blind someone you don't have targeted, then simply mouseover their toon and hit your key.

For example: Sumrogue has me targeted, going pew pew. My backup, Leethealz, shows up to rescue me. Sumrogue mouses over Leethealz and hits his Blind key, effectively Blinding Leethealz without ever having to detarget me.

Fucking. Over. Powered.

meddleRPI on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    /cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense

Make that the second you learn Righteous Defense or your life is forfeit.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • meddleRPImeddleRPI Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    1up wrote: »
    Can we request macros also? >_>

I would like a macro that sunders if there is not yet 5 sunders and devastates if there is 5 sunders on the target.

That cannot be done.

You cannot parse a target's debuff list with a macro.

meddleRPI on
    edited May 2007
    Some catform stuff:

/cast [stealth] Pounce; Rake

Replace Pounce with Ravage and Rake with Shred for another nice one.

/cast [nostance] Faerie Fire; Faerie Fire (Feral)

One-Button Faerie Fire.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Rorus, THIS is what I wanted out of this thread. I was JUST about to ask it, here, in this post.

<3.

Also, how do I use it properly?

Transporter on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Rorus, THIS is what I wanted out of this thread. I was JUST about to ask it, here, in this post.

<3.

Also, how do I use it properly?

You keep targeting the mob you're tanking and hit it. It's that simple. And pure and good. Or if it's a multi mob situation, target the idiot.

Thomamelas on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    :^: thread

fadingathedges on
    edited May 2007
    Basically, it works just like RD, only you can also target the mob and use it.

Just make sure the mob isn't stunned or CC...because they tend to lose their target and make RD fizzle.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    I prefer the mouseover version. I'll go find it.

Echo on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    isnt RD selfcast only? why does it matter what you target?

(not a pally ;p)

fadingathedges on
    edited May 2007
    /dismount
    /castrandom "Mount Name", "Mount Name", "Mount Name"

Random mount macro. Note that you don't include the apostrophes around your mounts. Just shift click them and they'll be added to the macro. If you are mounted, you'll dismount and if you are mounted it'll just ignore that and mount you up.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Just make sure the mob isn't stunned or CC...because they tend to lose their target and make RD fizzle.

this was my biggest problem with RD when i was using it on my porr wittle belf pally. Stoping everything to save someones ass was not fun.

Also, totem macros, I NEEDS them.

Transporter on
    edited May 2007

(not a pally ;p)
    RD targets a player, and up to three mobs attacking that player will be afflicted with the "Righteous Defense" debuff, which functions just like Taunt or Growl.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Taunts: The taunt system has been adjusted so that Warrior Taunt, Druid Growl, and Paladin Righteous Defense will now grant the player the correct amount of threat even when the creature or its target is crowd controlled.

From the 2.1 notes. Happy time.

Thomamelas on
    edited May 2007

(not a pally ;p)

Nope. Target someone who has aggro.

Echo on
    edited May 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Taunts: The taunt system has been adjusted so that Warrior Taunt, Druid Growl, and Paladin Righteous Defense will now grant the player the correct amount of threat even when the creature or its target is crowd controlled.

That is excellent news. VERY annoying to taunt a mob when a well-meaning rogue or Tauren would Kidney Shot or Warstomp to help a player with aggro, only to make RD fail.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That is excellent news. VERY annoying to taunt a mob when a well-meaning rogue or Tauren would Kidney Shot or Warstomp to help a player with aggro, only to make RD fail.

Given how much threat HS outputs, it's actually really not helpful at all for threat. And they always seem to do it several yards away from where I want to actually tank the damn mob.

Thomamelas on
  • MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Class specific macros time.

Warlock

Clear yourself of magic debuffs with a felhunter.
    /targetself
    /cast Devour Magic
    /targetlasttarget

My affliction grinding macro.
    /petattack [nocombat]
    /castsequence reset=combat/target  Unstable Affliction,Corruption, Drain Life, Drain Life, Drain Life, Drain Life

As an Affliction lock you can get Imp Drain Soul to get mana back for killing a mob but you get far too many Soul Shards with this. This will destroy a shard in your bag and cast rank 1 drain soul. WARNING, you must make sure your shard bag is in the correct slot for this macro. Notice, PU(4,20) that means that the 4th bag and the 20th slot, the 4th bag being the furthest left or furthest from your backpack. I put up a warning so don't come whining to me if you delete some of your epix.
    /stopattack
    /stopcasting
    /script PU = PickupContainerItem; D= DeleteCursorItem; PU(4,20); D(); 
    /cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)

Hunter

Misdirection macro. Nice to have if you are constantly MD'ing to a particular tank.
    /target *tankname*
    /cast Misdirection
    /targetlasttarget

Muriden on
    MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    One of Necrosis' best features is that you can limit how many shards you carry at a time and it automatically deletes the rest, probably more safely than that macro.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My "oh boy here comes another dude to effortlessly slaughter my alt" macro:

/golfclap
    /congratulate
    /sit

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How about a macro question?

I'm one of those "nervous about mods" types. I use a /loc macro that I've seen around various sites. Problem is that, when my hard drive went "no mas" I lost part of the wording and can't find it anywhere now. As a result the printed result of the macro comes out in an ugly format; what I lost was a line or two that formatted the output so it looked like XX.XX XX.XX instead of 0.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll try to edit in the exact wording when I get home tonight but it's something like this...

get location as x & y
    x = x*100
    y = y*100
    "missing line(s) here"
    send x & y to the chat window

Like I said, I'll try to insert the exact wording later tonight

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    /cast Cannibalize
    /emote feasts on the fallen...
    /say Meat is meat... good to eat...

That usually gets a few disgusted comments when I'm pugging.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    for the hunters:

feed pet macro,

/cast Feed Pet
    /use [FOOD GOES HERE]

or, if you use lots of different pets/are a fancy motherfucker,

/cast Feed Pet
    /use [pet:Cat/Ravager] [some meat bullshit]; [pet:Crab] Berries
    /e feeds CRABZ delicious snax

and so on

if you are a laggy motherfucker, use this,

/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot

in place of steady shot, and it will ensure you do not clip your auto shots

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I was looking for this >.>

Rizzi on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This isn't really a macro, but it's awesome for casters/healers, especially if you have high latency.

Download and run SuperCast, it colours the end of your casting bar red, to represent how far behind the cast you are due to latency i.e. at which point you can tell your client that you want to cancel the cast, while still having the server know you've cast it.

Then just make macros for all of your abilities like this:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Flash Heal

As soon as your cast hits the red area, hit your next spell. The difference in effectiveness is more notable as your ping raises, but it's pretty much awesome for anyone.

exis on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    /target demon

It's what kills Illhoof.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TheEmerged wrote: »

I'm one of those "nervous about mods" types. I use a /loc macro that I've seen around various sites. Problem is that, when my hard drive went "no mas" I lost part of the wording and can't find it anywhere now. As a result the printed result of the macro comes out in an ugly format; what I lost was a line or two that formatted the output so it looked like XX.XX XX.XX instead of 0.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll try to edit in the exact wording when I get home tonight but it's something like this...

get location as x & y
    x = x*100
    y = y*100
    "missing line(s) here"
    send x & y to the chat window

Like I said, I'll try to insert the exact wording later tonight

/script local playerX, playerY = GetPlayerMapPosition("player"); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(("Location (xx.x, yy.y): %04.1f, %04.1f"):format((playerX * 100), (playerY * 100)), 1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0);

Feel free to make requests. I'll tell you whether it can be done, and, if it can, write it for you.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I wrote a macro for my warrior to use intervene; it targets my target's target so I can run there and spam those sunders. It works great, but being anal I want the proper tooltip to show up instead of the name of the macro. I assume this can be done, yes no?

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
    edited May 2007
    #showtooltip Intervene

Echo on
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Saeris wrote: »
    TheEmerged wrote: »

/script local playerX, playerY = GetPlayerMapPosition("player"); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(("Location (xx.x, yy.y): %04.1f, %04.1f"):format((playerX * 100), (playerY * 100)), 1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0);

Feel free to make requests. I'll tell you whether it can be done, and, if it can, write it for you.

Woot! Thanks!

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As a Priest, in a 2v2 Arena Team, is there a one-button macro solution to cast Dispel Magic first on my teammate, and then if it fails (because there is nothing left to clean), on myself next?

TYIA!

Adimax on
    edited May 2007
    Nope. Macros can't check states.

I use Grid set up to display debuffs I can cure prominently, and then just hover over the particular player's box and press my decurse button.

Echo on
  • AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Meh. Would a

/cast Dispel Magic ArenaTeammatesName
    /cast Dispel Magic MyName

work? As Dispel Magic, if I recall correctly, does not cast unless there is a defuff it can clean. I just want to get away from using the mouse and have it keys only, but I dont care how thats achieved.

Also, is there a macro that 1st casts Amp. Curse and then casts Curse of Agony (like with a double key press), but if Amp. Curse is on cooldown it just casts Agony? I tried looking for it in Google and on the WoW forums, but none of the class forums has a macro thread stickied... and they used to (6 months ago?).

Again, thanks for any info/help.

Adimax on
  • mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adimax wrote: »
    Meh. Would a

Also, is there a macro that 1st casts Amp. Curse and then casts Curse of Agony (like with a double key press), but if Amp. Curse is on cooldown it just casts Agony? I tried looking for it in Google and on the WoW forums, but none of the class forums has a macro thread stickied... and they used to (6 months ago?).

Again, thanks for any info/help.

/cast Amplify Curse
    /stopcasting
    /cast Curse of Agony

would work.

check out http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros/Warlock for more awesome macros. (Change class name for macros for your class)

My question is, is it possible to target by raid icon. like /target GreenTriangle

mfc144 on
  • Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Muriden wrote: »

I'm guessing that these wouldn't work with castable mounts (Paladin, Warlock, Druid) without some modification... is there any way to make a macro that functions similarly, but for one of those three classes using one castable and one "reins" mount?

Zul the Conqueror on
  • Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    meddleRPI wrote: »

/cast Blind

Bind that to a key. If you have a hostile opponent targeted, it will blind them.

If you want to blind someone you don't have targeted, then simply mouseover their toon and hit your key.

For example: Sumrogue has me targeted, going pew pew. My backup, Leethealz, shows up to rescue me. Sumrogue mouses over Leethealz and hits his Blind key, effectively Blinding Leethealz without ever having to detarget me.

Fucking. Over. Powered.

Could change Blind with Fear for my warlock?

Ramen Noodle on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adimax wrote: »
    Meh. Would a

/cast Dispel Magic ArenaTeammatesName
    /cast Dispel Magic MyName

work? As Dispel Magic, if I recall correctly, does not cast unless there is a defuff it can clean. I just want to get away from using the mouse and have it keys only, but I dont care how thats achieved.

The proper macro syntax for that would be:

/cast [target=ArenaTeammatesName] Dispel Magic
    /cast [target=player] Dispel Magic

but I think that will always stop on the first Dispel Magic regardless if it doesn't cast if there's nothing to dispell.
    Muriden wrote: »

I'm guessing that these wouldn't work with castable mounts (Paladin, Warlock, Druid) without some modification... is there any way to make a macro that functions similarly, but for one of those three classes using one castable and one "reins" mount?

These should work for cast mounts as well. /use and /cast are the same thing under the hood I believe. If it doesn't work, just swap /use with /cast because I know /cast with items works but I don't know if /use with spells does.

For example, my personal mount macro is thus:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors,combat] Travel Form; [outdoors,flyable] Swift Flight Form; [outdoors] Black War Kodo; Cat Form

meddleRPI wrote: »

/cast Blind

Fucking. Over. Powered.

Could change Blind with Fear for my warlock?
    Yes.

Opty on
  • jmdbcooljmdbcool Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ROGUES, THIS WILL MAKE YOU LOTS OF MONEY.

Pickpocket. We all have it. But how often do you remember to use it? Use this macro, and every time you use an opener, you will also pickpocket. Make sure auto-loot is on (but why wouldn't it be?).

/targetenemy [noharm]
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /stopcasting
    /cast Cheap Shot

replace Cheap Shot with Sap, Ambush, or Garrote as necessary. This will work just like your regular openers, except it pickpockets simultaneously. Note that there is a chance the pick will be resisted, and your opener will not go off. A small risk, but just something to keep in mind.

I get so much more money from this, and also from selling the potions I find doing this, that it's not even funny.

jmdbcool on
    dragons2.jpgdragon-sig-edge.gif
  • vitriolvitriol Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is one I use all the time.

/focus [target=focus, noexists] target
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Polymorph
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /p Polymorph --> %t

The last line shouldn't be necessary if you have cryolysis announcing sheeps for you.
    Anyhoo, while the raid/group leader is marking up targets, hit that to get your focus on, then target the main nuke target. After the pull you can hit your macro button to sheep without losing track of the nuke-down target.

Also, when your sheep breaks, just hit the same key to resheep without having to change targets or whatever. <3

vitriol on
This discussion has been closed.