As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla]: Cybertron Edition - [Draw Game : Stupid host was stupid]

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Cards are flipped face up to defend against attacks, I think.

Whats with all the questions Spoit?

Those who attempt to stifle debate will be ruthlessly crushed into silence, !Void Slayer.

I, good sir, was merely asking a question. It is you who are stifling the free expression of ideas.

That said, limiting attacks to a few targets might overwhelm their defense cards, but the decepticons will rebuild even if killed. A plan of assaulting more of them with a handful of defense destroying attacks then stunning them with disabling abilities would probably be more effective.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did we ever find out when the day ends?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    WELCOME TO THE IACON FRONT
    DAY 1 BEGINS NOW

Vote close will be at midnight tomorrow evening, MST.

So about 16h from now.

Darian on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah, thanks I missed that it was in that post

Phyphor on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh Matev, why so suspicious?

I have a request, since I seem to be totally unable to view those nice images from my present location. That means I can't pick my delicious targets for the evening. This would be a bad thing.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Uh...I guess I hit post before I was done typing.

A spreadsheet if you please, preferably not on Google docs where I cannot view it. Perhaps text form?!

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You forgot to name your request

(attack Starscream)

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, also, as I forgot something else, Ringo is totally mafia. But Matev is just a bit more obvious to me.

The reasoning behind Ringo? History. Logic. But mostly Science.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can refute that!

...But do I want to?

ME GRIMLOCK
    *stomp stomp stomp stomp*

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Oh, also, as I forgot something else, Ringo is totally mafia. But Matev is just a bit more obvious to me.

Yeah, same. Totally pegging Matev, Ringo and Kellie.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Poor Matev, just wants to proboard it up with his fellow autobots. I guess they don't like your prettybot swag.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Poor Matev, just wants to proboard it up with his fellow autobots. I guess they don't like your prettybot swag.

Hatertrons gonna hate.

That said Reg, I've only ever been Mafia once, and I was quiet as a church mouse during that run....

That said, Ringo, for bringing Grimlock into this, which suspiciously resembles the Juggernaut chassis.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    B:Lstreak

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mr. D(eceptecon)

Single word vote posts are silly.

Who else thinks this mini is going to run a long time? It seems like beating up deceptecons will be...problematic.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mr. D(eceptecon)

Who else thinks this mini is going to run a long time? It seems like beating up deceptecons will be...problematic.

It will be, but I've got ideas on how to fix that little purple wagon. I'll elaborate after I see how things shake out from today.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mr. D(eceptecon)

Plus, B:Luestreak is Never Evil.

Beating them up will be next to impossible with their whole ressurection mechanic and their 2 HP per bot healer. :v:
    We'll have to rely on the vote to take them out, and work to stay alive until then.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    B:L wrote: »
    Mr. D(eceptecon)

Beating them up will be next to impossible with their whole ressurection mechanic and their 2 HP per bot healer. :v:
    We'll have to rely on the vote to take them out, and work to stay alive until then.

Agreed, the battle mechanics are more of a cat & mouse thing until we get a a couple of them voted out. Autobots need to try and survive and spread the love to keep the Decepticons on their toes. Anything that messes with their ability to destroy us is good.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Kias wrote: »
    Mr. D(eceptecon)

Agreed, the battle mechanics are more of a cat & mouse thing until we get a a couple of them voted out. Autobots need to try and survive and spread the love to keep the Decepticons on their toes. Anything that messes with their ability to destroy us is good.
    The best thing we can do is run damage control. Make them turn their defense cards face up and force them to use them, cutting down their resources for attacks. If they have no defense cards to tap they have no attacks or abilities they can use.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    True, true, the air wing should be able to do that easy with strafing, darts need to be outmanuevering like motherfuckers, Barricades should be guarding and throwing up barriers as much as possible....

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Here,

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    True, true, the air wing should be able to do that easy with strafing, darts need to be outmanuevering like motherfuckers, Barricades should be guarding and throwing up barriers as much as possible....
    So says the mafia.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    So says the mafia.

Oh yes, because I totally give away things to dick myself over.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yea,

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So says the mafia.

You should continue giving useful tidbits of information, like "Try voting for Decepticons!" or "Don't be inactive!"

• Options
    edited January 2011
    You should continue giving useful tidbits of information, like "Try voting for Decepticons!" or "Don't be inactive!"

Hey, looking at Phallahammer, telling people not to be inactive would be a fantastic tip, and don't try to be condescending, not everyone is aware of every single ability in the game.

B:L, cause now ya got my dander up.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    immortal squish cause his name makes me giggle. Yay for no reason voting on Day 1!!!

mascara305 on
    Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So says the mafia.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/19/

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Hey, looking at Phallahammer, telling people not to be inactive would be a fantastic tip, and don't try to be condescending, not everyone is aware of every single ability in the game.
    Yeah, "Read the OP!" is good advice as well.

Actually, if anyone actually has any questions about the OP, feel free to ask clarifications. The more informed we are as a group, the better.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    vote,

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    vote,

I hate you so much right now Mister Deceptecon.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :rotate:,

M.D. on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, "Read the OP!" is good advice as well.

Actually, if anyone actually has any questions about the OP, feel free to ask clarifications. The more informed we are as a group, the better.

Bu...but someone voted for me because I was asking too many questions :rotate:

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arr! Aye! Enn! Gee! Oh! Oh! Oh! R-I-N-G-O!

Or maybe I should vote for Matev or Kellie! So many choices! Day 1 is Srs Bsns.

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, same. Totally pegging Matev, Ringo and Kellie.

Man, that's what I get for getting mafia/killing roles in nearly ever phalla I've ever played in.

I was all vanilla village last game, though. And I was squish-ed D: . I'm an Autobot this game. A useful one, too.

It would be smart to pick someone else.

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
  • Options
    KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, switching to Ringo. Because Dunadan voted for himself...and the post made me laugh.

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not a Decepticon.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Velocity

Player cannot use Melee attack cards against any character that has a greater Velocity than they do, and can only use Beam or Homing attack cards against characters with a greater Velocity than they do by discarding 1 copy of the desired attack card for every point of difference between the attacker and their target (example: Player A has 1 Velocity point and wants to attack Player B with 3 Velocity points, using attack card X. In order to do that, as an additional cost to play attack card X, Player A must discard 2 copies of attack card X from their hand).

The OP does not list the player's velocity. How do we know how many cards we would have to discard? Will it be updated later with velocities? Is everyone's default velocity 1?

Also, could you please put a clarifications section up at front of thread?

Wildcat - that name sounds like a potential decepticon :P

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not a Decepticon.

Is today backwards day? ...wait, the answer is always 'No'. Blah! *Mind explosion*

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ringo...for great justice...

Also, BL you're lucky you aren't evil this game....lucky

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Velocity

Player cannot use Melee attack cards against any character that has a greater Velocity than they do, and can only use Beam or Homing attack cards against characters with a greater Velocity than they do by discarding 1 copy of the desired attack card for every point of difference between the attacker and their target (example: Player A has 1 Velocity point and wants to attack Player B with 3 Velocity points, using attack card X. In order to do that, as an additional cost to play attack card X, Player A must discard 2 copies of attack card X from their hand).

The OP does not list the player's velocity. How do we know how many cards we would have to discard? Will it be updated later with velocities? Is everyone's default velocity 1?

Also, could you please put a clarifications section up at front of thread?

I'm pretty sure that everyone is at their base acceleration right now. Everyone starts in robot form and you can't gain acceleration unless you're in vehicle form so you should be able to hit everyone for no extra cost right now.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906