As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD BLOPS: Emblem collage in OP, post your emblem for the next one!

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had an awesome dive earlier, when my new video card arrives I'll get it uploaded.

3 guys camping in a pipe on headquarters, dive and kill all 3, get about 20k exp from challenges and whatnot.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    "Shotguns/Pistols only, no killstreaks, explosives, equipment! Tomahawks okay!" server just to be a jerk.

This is pretty much how I play already.

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »
    Looks like the 74u is about to have it's teeth kicked out.

O_o [citation needed]

Vonderhaar is giving the distinct impression they're going to give it a blanket party.

Beyond the nerf to it with the grip?

Hmm.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm already predicting the MLG rules in my head. Crouch and prone are out the window. No attachments. No kill streaks. Firing Range only

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like the 74u is about to have it's teeth kicked out.

O_o [citation needed]

Vonderhaar is giving the distinct impression they're going to give it a blanket party.

Beyond the nerf to it with the grip?

Hmm.

cite please

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    slurpeekillaslurpeekilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's a shame Sandy doesn't like Blops, I miss watching his videos. His were so much more unique and entertaining than the other pubstars out there

slurpeekilla on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm already predicting the MLG rules in my head. Crouch and prone are out the window. No attachments. No kill streaks. Firing Range only

You forgot:

FAMAS and AK74u encouraged.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In the proposed patch notes for v1.06 they were talking about making the 74 + grip less effective.

AK74u fixes are being debated here.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's a shame Sandy doesn't like Blops, I miss watching his videos. His were so much more unique and entertaining than the other pubstars out there

True. Sadly the shotguns are less effective (his SPAS stuff was the best) and I've literally only come across TI boosters once.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In the proposed patch notes for v1.06 they were talking about making the 74 + grip less effective.

Which pretty much lists everything they could possibly do to the gun to nerf it.

It's going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Hibernus on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Really shotgun range should be doubled in this game. The shotguns in Bad Company 2 I felt had the right mix of power and range (basic shotgun. Magnum + sabot don't count). The final shotgun in Blops feels like it just vanishes into the multiverse after 7 feet.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Which pretty much lists everything they could possibly do to the gun to nerf it.

They have to be careful though, if they kick it in the balls too much it's likely that another gun (like the Famas) will simply take its place - like a power vacuum.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shotguns are too weak in this game. If someone is really good at this game and knows when to be where on different maps and has marathon pro to minimize their time in the open, they could use a shotgun.

The flame thrower attachment seems pretty useful for the m16, m14 and FAL. I haven't really experimented with the masterkey yet. Those three guns struggle at close range. The flamer gives you a two shot kill weapon with no recoil. Granted, it doesn't kill instantly, but it works most of the time and it looks kickass.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

They have to be careful though, if they kick it in the balls too much it's likely that another gun (like the Famas) will simply take its place - like a power vacuum.

My killed by stats would seem to indicate it'll be the FAMAS and Galil.

Followed by the RCXD and knife...

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

SMGs should have lower accuracy, because most of them do not have a shoulder stock. Grips help control recoil, not accuracy. Grip does add a stock to most of the SMGs though, doesn't it. Lower the accuracy (by two bars?), drop the damage and range just a little bit(1 bar). I guess you would have to make them better somehow too, or people will just use FAMAS all the damn time.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    slurpeekillaslurpeekilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    True. Sadly the shotguns are less effective (his SPAS stuff was the best) and I've literally only come across TI boosters once.

Yup, scanning through his comments it seems like the weaker shotguns and non-stacking killstreaks are the main reasons he doesn't play anymore. I know it's been said in this thread before, but both nerfing the shotguns to hell AND making them primaries was the wrong move. Should have picked one or the other.

Regarding the AK74u, picking through Vonderhaar's Twitter it seems that in addition to nerfing the grip, they are also toying with the idea of also shortening both starting and Ext Mags ammo count. IMO it seems like the real issue with the 74u is that it has the most predictable recoil, which is coupled with its very good damage over range characteristic (also why does the 74u, which has an 8" barrel and fires an assault rifle round, have the exact same damage stats as the MP5K which has half the barrel length and uses 9x19mm ammunition?).

This is of course ignoring the fact that the AK74u should never have been listed as an SMG in the first place.

slurpeekilla on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

SMGs should have lower accuracy, because most of them do not have a shoulder stock. Grips help control recoil, not accuracy. Grip does add a stock to most of the SMGs though, doesn't it. Lower the accuracy (by two bars?), drop the damage and range just a little bit(1 bar). I guess you would have to make them better somehow too, or people will just use FAMAS all the damn time.

Bars mean nothing.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shotguns are too weak in this game. If someone is really good at this game and knows when to be where on different maps and has marathon pro to minimize their time in the open, they could use a shotgun.

The flame thrower attachment seems pretty useful for the m16, m14 and FAL. I haven't really experimented with the masterkey yet. Those three guns struggle at close range. The flamer gives you a two shot kill weapon with no recoil. Granted, it doesn't kill instantly, but it works most of the time and it looks kickass.

You should try the masterkey. Objectively it's better.

But I still love the flamethrower. In only one area is it the undisputed king: if you know - know - that around the next bend is a bad guy or three but you're not sure exactly where and they might sight you up faster, just hold the trigger and turn the corner.

It's also fantastic for pushing people off Domination objectives for the same reason. You can clear out Firing Range B by jumping from above, flaming as you go.

(Hate that Warlord doesn't work with underslungs. It's stupid and it's a nerf too far in a game full of nerf-too-fars. There's not the same urge to tinker with classes as in MW2.)

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Really shotgun range should be doubled in this game. The shotguns in Bad Company 2 I felt had the right mix of power and range (basic shotgun. Magnum + sabot don't count). The final shotgun in Blops feels like it just vanishes into the multiverse after 7 feet.

You sir, have an eye for detail. In BlOps, shot does in fact disappear, it might still be there after seven feet, but after a certain range, the damage drops to zero. It's been like this in every CoD that I've played, and I hate it.

Booker on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't believe I was thinking about dropping Blops for AC's multi. That shit is boring as Hell, and I don't know about you guys, but I like a) having an indication of some sort of who is trying to kill me (why I don't like CoD campaign) and b) the ability to retaliate. It's going back tomorrow.
    In Blops news, the smg/SA/Mara combo is ridiculous amounts of fun. Charge enemy spawn, kill half the team, die in a blaze of glory, repeat.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have refound my love for napalm after using it the past couple of days. It's great to get a solid kill streak so early and often. Twice in a game of domination on Jungle I got triples with it putting it over C and the sniper rock. The only problem is that I dropped blackbird to run 3-5-9. I want to go 5-8-9, but I hate not having spy planes and there are a lot of teams not running it or not doing well enough to get it.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sPider817 wrote: »
    I can't believe I was thinking about dropping Blops for AC's multi. That shit is boring as Hell, and I don't know about you guys, but I like a) having an indication of some sort of who is trying to kill me (why I don't like CoD campaign) and b) the ability to retaliate. It's going back tomorrow.
    In Blops news, the smg/SA/Mara combo is ridiculous amounts of fun. Charge enemy spawn, kill half the team, die in a blaze of glory, repeat.

You seem to have gotten parts of shotgun mixed up with smg.

Fix this, nao.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So scavanger pro and warlord pro is becoming my new favorite thing. So much nova gas! I pretty muchthrow tac grenades around like they are going out of style as I try and unlock Tac Mask Pro.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So scavanger pro and warlord pro is becoming my new favorite thing. So much nova gas! I pretty muchthrow tac grenades around like they are going out of style as I try and unlock Tac Mask Pro.

Scavenger and Warlord are what I've been using with pretty much all my classes lately. All my weapons have extended magazines, too. Those have saved me more often than I can count. They're pretty much a necessity for a majority of the SMGs, too, and five out of my eight class slots are made up of SMGs. Those weapons are just so much fun to use. They're not entirely practical all of the time, but really fun. The PM63 is fast becoming my favorite weapon.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also if they allowed you to fire pistols while diving I'd have to change my gamertag to InspectorTequila

Hibernus on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011

You seem to have gotten parts of shotgun mixed up with smg.

Fix this, nao.
    As soon as I unlock the SPAS. I may play with the steakhouse for a bit, but I'm having a blast with my ex. mags mac11. Shotguns are fun but I don't seem to have any luck with them.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dashui wrote: »
    The PM63 is fast becoming my favorite weapon.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    The PM63 is fast becoming my favorite weapon.

PM63 + Grip + Ext. Mags.

I call it Wall 'o' Bullets.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The 20 magsize smgs really don't have enough rounds in reserve.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Reserve rounds?
    What kind of pinko commie bastard are ya?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

AC:B multiplayer is the stuff that dreams are made of, it just requires a completely different mindset from the usual fast paced, twitch gameplay of FPS. Not hatin' on BLOPS as I play the shit out of it, but AC:B is a great game in its own right. BTW, you do get indicators of who's trying to kill you, but if they're doing it right, you won't get that indicator until it's too late. You can retaliate by stunning them after picking them out of a crowd, disguising and flanking, or smokebombing. I created the AC:B thread with a huge multiplayer right-up in the OP. I recommend giving the game one more try after reading how it works.

That's my 2 cents.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

If you can't do work with 20+60 then you're doing it wrong. I get three tomahawks and five kills with it then die after my Blackbird. Rinse, repeat.

Also, Spider, the reason you aren't having luck with shotguns is because they are bad.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry about dropping last night guys. I'm having some issues with my internets at home. Comcast is supposed to look at it today. :(

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

If you can't do work with 20+60 then you're doing it wrong. I get three tomahawks and five kills with it then die after my Blackbird. Rinse, repeat.

Also, Spider, the reason you aren't having luck with shotguns is because they are bad.

2bar connection says no

Hibernus on
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Entering a laggy game really makes the second chance primary weapon bug come out in extra force. Me and some buddies were getting stomped by some pubbies who all happen to have second chance on. 50-75% of the times that they went down they would then kill us with their primary weapons, and we would just be left there in complete shock. They need to fix that bug.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Squabman wrote: »
    Entering a laggy game really makes the second chance primary weapon bug come out in extra force. Me and some buddies were getting stomped by some pubbies who all happen to have second chance on. 50-75% of the times that they went down they would then kill us with their primary weapons, and we would just be left there in complete shock. They need to remove second bullshit.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    A friend and I were debating Ghost while having a few games tonight. He thought it wasn't a problem; I disagreed. Then, as if on cue, the next few games are filled with Ghost. At one point UAVs only showed us one guy from a team of 6. It wasn't always that bad, but by the end he was agreeing with me.

Another friend came up with an interesting solution to Second Chance: add to Scout Pro that it negates Second Chance. Firstly, it helps snipers with their biggest niggle in the game, and along with the quick switch it's tempting to other people as a counter class in a match where SC is obnoxious. Apparently when he suggested it to the devs through the cod forums they didn't like it though. :(

MNC Dover wrote: »

AC:B multiplayer is the stuff that dreams are made of, it just requires a completely different mindset from the usual fast paced, twitch gameplay of FPS. Not hatin' on BLOPS as I play the shit out of it, but AC:B is a great game in its own right. BTW, you do get indicators of who's trying to kill you, but if they're doing it right, you won't get that indicator until it's too late. You can retaliate by stunning them after picking them out of a crowd, disguising and flanking, or smokebombing. I created the AC:B thread with a huge multiplayer right-up in the OP. I recommend giving the game one more try after reading how it works.

That's my 2 cents.

How big's the 360 community right now (general and PA)? Does it look like it'll last?

Don't want to derail, but it's the burning issue keeping me from buying AC:B.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How Hardcore was born.
    166835_122334741168389_100001755911126_148260_5905507_n.jpg

Hibernus on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I still think there's something off with BLops hardcore mode, in comparison to MW2... I just cannot like it.

Falx on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    A friend and I were debating Ghost while having a few games tonight. He thought it wasn't a problem; I disagreed. Then, as if on cue, the next few games are filled with Ghost. At one point UAVs only showed us one guy from a team of 6. It wasn't always that bad, but by the end he was agreeing with me.

When it's a team of people who use it as a crutch throwing on your own Ghost class will get you out of a jam. I did that last night where I was struggling with my fun classes against a bunch of camping ghosts so I went Ghost suppressed 74u and fucked those guys going 26-10 at the end. I get great enjoyment out of killing Ghost users and shit talking them afterward. Not even in the lobby where they can hear, just to my team or myself.

Magell on