As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Plans for PAX '06

17891012

Posts

  • doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I want to actually stay in a hotel this year, even though I am in the area. The drive to and fro is too much of a hassle.

    Hint hint.

    doublehawk00 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Me and my brother are planning to go.

    What's up Toledo, join our insane wardriving supertrip! (almost all of the waypoints are near WiFi hotspots and I'm going to attempt the same for gas stops). We'll be passing right through Toledo, so you should join us...
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210444

    and vote on the name here (hurry before the poll expires)
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211474
    I would but or mom is helping us get air tickets.

    She plans to go with us, even though we're 18 and 20, my brother will actually be 21 by PAX.

    Unknown User on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited January 2006
    Uriel wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Me and my brother are planning to go.

    What's up Toledo, join our insane wardriving supertrip! (almost all of the waypoints are near WiFi hotspots and I'm going to attempt the same for gas stops). We'll be passing right through Toledo, so you should join us...
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210444

    and vote on the name here (hurry before the poll expires)
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211474
    I would but or mom is helping us get air tickets.

    She plans to go with us, even though we're 18 and 20, my brother will actually be 21 by PAX.

    You should totally change plans and join us... PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Me and my brother are planning to go.

    What's up Toledo, join our insane wardriving supertrip! (almost all of the waypoints are near WiFi hotspots and I'm going to attempt the same for gas stops). We'll be passing right through Toledo, so you should join us...
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210444

    and vote on the name here (hurry before the poll expires)
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211474
    I would but or mom is helping us get air tickets.

    She plans to go with us, even though we're 18 and 20, my brother will actually be 21 by PAX.

    You should totally change plans and join us... PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE

    Has this approach actually been successful yet?

    NotASenator on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Me and my brother are planning to go.

    What's up Toledo, join our insane wardriving supertrip! (almost all of the waypoints are near WiFi hotspots and I'm going to attempt the same for gas stops). We'll be passing right through Toledo, so you should join us...
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210444

    and vote on the name here (hurry before the poll expires)
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211474
    I would but or mom is helping us get air tickets.

    She plans to go with us, even though we're 18 and 20, my brother will actually be 21 by PAX.

    You should totally change plans and join us... PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE

    Has this approach actually been successful yet?

    sometimes it works... just not in getting people to join the supertrip

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Me and my brother are planning to go.

    What's up Toledo, join our insane wardriving supertrip! (almost all of the waypoints are near WiFi hotspots and I'm going to attempt the same for gas stops). We'll be passing right through Toledo, so you should join us...
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210444

    and vote on the name here (hurry before the poll expires)
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211474
    I would but or mom is helping us get air tickets.

    She plans to go with us, even though we're 18 and 20, my brother will actually be 21 by PAX.

    You should totally change plans and join us... PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE

    Has this approach actually been successful yet?

    sometimes it works... just not in getting people to join the supertrip

    it worked when we were rying to get someone to make a pax timer last year. it was awesome. we had like 5 people using peer pressure.

    Nephirij on
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    just booked my flight.....wanted to make sure I could connect where I want to in airports I know....plus my sto in Dallas might give me a chance to meet up with my Dad on the lay-over....anyways...went through the DVD (experience and the panel DVDs) and can't wait til August.....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • anyprophetanyprophet Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    So is there a particular hotel everyone is staying at? I've never been and I want to book this shit now.

    anyprophet on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    anyprophet wrote:
    So is there a particular hotel everyone is staying at? I've never been and I want to book this shit now.

    It hasn't been announced yet.

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User
    edited January 2006
    Don't book it yet. In a month or two PA will announce PAX rates for the hotels, and there will be discount/group codes to use.

    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • PolagoPolago Registered User
    edited January 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    Don't book it yet. In a month or two PA will announce PAX rates for the hotels, and there will be discount/group codes to use.

    I'm pretty sure that i'll be going so i'll be booking a hotel room when the time comes at the official hotel, and getting a pre-registration sometime in the next month. Even if I discover I can't go i'll pass the room off to someone else, and the pre-reg will only be $35 lost. :)

    Polago on
  • Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    If I go or not will depend on the hotel prices. Since I will most likely be staying by myself.

    Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Will there be any Tabletop gaming going down at PAX? meaning can I bring my Warhammer 40k Stuff?

    Clawshrimpy on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited January 2006
    Will there be any Tabletop gaming going down at PAX? meaning can I bring my Warhammer 40k Stuff?

    Yes there is tabletop gaming, so yes, bring it all, just don't overload yourself.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2006
    There will be TONS of tabletop gaming action- so much in fact that we're making the tabletop section the only 24-hour area. Bring all your gear!

    -robert

    Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Damnit.

    Oh well.

    I liked the idea of 24 hour console gaming as well. :|

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Damnit.

    Oh well.

    I liked the idea of 24 hour console gaming as well. :|
    Yeah we tried that once. I think the break makes for a good rest period for both staff and PAXgoers.

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Damnit.

    Oh well.

    I liked the idea of 24 hour console gaming as well. :|
    Yeah we tried that once. I think the break makes for a good rest period for both staff and PAXgoers.

    Yeah, I know. I was there the first year too. :P

    But I guess it'll be good if it's just not in the same area as it was Last year. I only played one game of SSB:M during it because it was so crowded.

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    yeah that first year it was way crowded in the console room even at like 1am, it was crazy. A few enforcers and I "borrowed" a spare xbox at about 1:30ish and hooked it up to a TV in the lobby to get some halo action going on, because we couldn't get space in the actual console room.

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User
    edited February 2006
    I'll bring my Battletech stuff if the tabletop area is as big as Khoo makes it out to be.

    Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User
    edited February 2006
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?

    Puerto Rock on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded,

    Thats why its not going to happen this year. The only 24hour area will be the tabletop area.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend
    but it would have been so worth it.....mmmmm.....teh yum.

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend
    but it would have been so worth it.....mmmmm.....teh yum.

    God damn those things were fucking good... The whole Free part didnt hurt either.

    eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    eelektrik wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend
    but it would have been so worth it.....mmmmm.....teh yum.

    God damn those things were fucking good... The whole Free part didnt hurt either.

    Did you see the guy with a 2L bottle full of it?

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    yeah I'm bringing something large and hollow to carry around with me this year for sure. I made the mistake of not bringing anything last year and I regretted it all weekend. But Alex had me hooked up everytime I came up the escalator or around the corner.

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    im gonna bring a three leiter bottle just so they can fill it for me. i'll even make a label for it. :shock:

    Nephirij on
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    i know I keep saying it but I cant wait for August to come around....to pass the time I have decided I am going to make a Fruit Fucker 2000 to display in my room....that shit will be amazing....to Lowes tomorrow to get the first batch of supplies....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Esko wrote:
    i know I keep saying it but I cant wait for August to come around....to pass the time I have decided I am going to make a Fruit Fucker 2000 to display in my room....that shit will be amazing....to Lowes tomorrow to get the first batch of supplies....
    Before you do so I would suggest making sure your head doesn't in any way resemble fruit. And yeah I'm really looking forward PAX already....it's a hunger.

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    naw it wont be "working" just have the antenna and eyes light up....although I could add something inside that could make it vibrate or something....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend
    but it would have been so worth it.....mmmmm.....teh yum.

    God damn those things were fucking good... The whole Free part didnt hurt either.

    Did you see the guy with a 2L bottle full of it?

    Nope, but damn, I wish I had thought of that...

    eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Screw that, make a FF2k computer case :D

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    eelektrik wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend
    but it would have been so worth it.....mmmmm.....teh yum.

    God damn those things were fucking good... The whole Free part didnt hurt either.

    Did you see the guy with a 2L bottle full of it?

    Nope, but damn, I wish I had thought of that...

    There must've been enough caffeine in that bottle to do someone some serious harm. I hope he's still alive.

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:
    24 consolegaming is kind of retarded, don't you guys want to sleep?
    What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

    It's going to take a lot of Bawls to get through this convention
    I am up to that challenge. I was --><-- that close to drinking the SnoBawls concentrate last year.

    :shock:

    that would've left you in atrial fibrillation my friend
    but it would have been so worth it.....mmmmm.....teh yum.

    God damn those things were fucking good... The whole Free part didnt hurt either.

    Did you see the guy with a 2L bottle full of it?

    Nope, but damn, I wish I had thought of that...

    There must've been enough caffeine in that bottle to do someone some serious harm. I hope he's still alive.

    Er... I had 14grams of caffeine at pax (whole bottle of nodoz, countless bawls, a shot of snowballs everytime i walked past) and I lived. Felt like crap for 2 weeks after but meh.

    It takes a lot of caffeine to do someone in :P

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    BigRed wrote:

    Er... I had 14grams of caffeine at pax (whole bottle of nodoz, countless bawls, a shot of snowballs everytime i walked past) and I lived. Felt like crap for 2 weeks after but meh.

    It takes a lot of caffeine to do someone in :P

    im in training for PAX now... :wink: ....going all night while drinking with no additional caffeine....with 6 months of training I should be good for the fun and chaos that is PAX.... :D:D

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User
    edited February 2006
    Caffine actually messes with your vitamin C levels... So yeah.

    Puerto Rock on
Sign In or Register to comment.