As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PPDEast-See you next year!

• bushnrvnbushnrvn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BOOM. Just got my ticket. Stoked. Thanks for organizing this! :D

bushnrvn on
    PAX Prime 2013 checklist: 4 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X]
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In 5 years I never had a bad experience at Dick's. But thanks for shitting on our parade.

I mentioned the place to my wife when I was buying my ticket and she said a friend of hers who lives in Boston loves the place. I know the atmosphere might bother some - but I'm sure they tone it down if they have someone that isn't comfortable with it - they are a business afterall...

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Kirking AroundKirking Around Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I went last year after PAX was over (sadface haha), and it's really not that bad. I was actually telling the waiter that we had that he wasn't being enough of an asshole. I dunno, I find their antics pretty funny. Just be light-hearted, know that they are gonna heckle you somewhat, and just joke back with them and you'll have a good time :)

Kirking Around on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I disagree with the assessment that Dick's food is horrible.

It's not.

The servers being assholes is also not that big of a deal. 3/4 of the time, they put forth enough effort to make a stupid joke and ask questions like "You done with that yet? No? Can you move your ass, I'd like to bring something else to the table if that's ok with you?" rather than being complete and total 'assholes'.

However, as Kirking Around mentioned, they're *much* more fun wen you give them shit back.

I think VisionsOfClarity made a good choice in venue and were it possible, I'd be in attendance.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    To anyone who is sad about not going to Bell in Hand - don't be, the food isn't good :)

Dick's isn't amazing or anything, but it's decent. I'd much rather eat there than Bell.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    arsonisfun wrote: »
    To anyone who is sad about not going to Bell in Hand - don't be, the food isn't good :)

Dick's isn't amazing or anything, but it's decent. I'd much rather eat there than Bell.

To be honest I had the same feeling, glad we're going to Dick's, I think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Exodus1 on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    arsonisfun wrote: »

To be honest I had the same feeling, glad we're going to Dick's, I think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

lol, this is like how after you break up with that bitchy bf/gf all your friends band together to tell you that you're better of cause he/she was a jackass. good fun

zerzhul on
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm coming now! I didn't get to go last year, but this year I'm trying to go to everything I can!

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We're at almost 30% sold. These are definitely selling faster than last year.

VisionOfClarity on
  • OphelyaOphelya Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Would it be possible to order a separate meal? I have dietary restrictions and anything fried or with milk in it is bad for me. I haven't called and asked about the meat options (ribs and chicken might be cooked with butter), yet, but am planning to.

If this is possible, great! If not, then I might come and not eat. What do you think?

Ophelya on
    edited January 2011
    I called the restaurant. I found out I could eat the bbq ribs with a salad or veggies (specify with no butter) instead of fries or cole slaw. Would that be okay?

Ophelya on
    edited January 2011
    PM me all your restrictions and I'll talk to them. It shouldn't be an issue.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    You're quick! I'll make a special ticket for you. I just need to make sure they won't charge for the substitution.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    Awesome! Thanks so much. :-)

Ophelya on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh crap you made this at a BBQ place now?

I'm still deciding on whether I should go.

Goose! on
    edited January 2011
    1/3 of the tickets are gone already!

VisionOfClarity on
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey Vision, this is Ophelya's husband. I was just wondering how we ordered our tickets, since you mentioned making her a special one... I can go ahead and order mine, but I wanted to make sure we got her's too. Just let me know what I need to do :-)

DMmagic on
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Please excuse me if this has already been covered because I haven't read the whole thread. How do we go about ordering tickets? I really am looking forward to attending since I wasn't able to attend last year. Plus, Dicks Last Reseort is awesome. You have to love a place that lets you treat them like crap, even though it's all in good fun. If you could email me at jdixon1972@comcast.net, I would appreciate it.

jdixon1972 on
    edited January 2011
    I need to go into eventbrite and create her a special ticket. I'll PM her once it's set up.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    The link is posted in the OP and in the thread.

VisionOfClarity on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    beta_angel wrote: »
    "You done with that yet? No? Can you move your ass, I'd like to bring something else to the table if that's ok with you?"

At which point I'd stand up, shake my ass, sit down, and finish eating.

I think I'll do fine.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited January 2011
    I have one special ticket in progress, I just want to put it out there that if there are any vegetarians who need a special ticket you can PM me and let me know.

VisionOfClarity on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, the menu at Dick's doesn't really appeal to me and the atmosphere sounds like it just wouldn't be my bag. Hope to meet some of you at the con, but I think I'll be giving this event a miss. Sorry to hear Bell in Hand wouldn't accommodate the under-21 crowd.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys we're coming up on 45%!

VisionOfClarity on
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Yeah, the menu at Dick's doesn't really appeal to me and the atmosphere sounds like it just wouldn't be my bag.

I agree with Themiscyra about how I feel about the atmosphere, but I'm not going to let that hold me back from meeting as many people as I can. This is our convention and a chance to meet more people like us.

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, to be clear (before I go buy tickets), this will not conflict with Pokecrawl?

cynthetic on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »
    So, to be clear (before I go buy tickets), this will not conflict with Pokecrawl?

Nope. In fact they're in perfect harmony.

Dinner ends at 730 and crawl starts at 730. Both places are in the faneuil hall. Probably want to leave the dinner around 7 or 715 though. But since the dinner starts at 530 we'll have plenty of time at the dinner.

Rdr on
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    cynthetic wrote: »

Nope. In fact they're in perfect harmony.

Dinner ends at 730 and crawl starts at 730. Both places are in the faneuil hall. Probably want to leave the dinner around 7 or 715 though. But since the dinner starts at 530 we'll have plenty of time at the dinner.

Yea, starting bars are at most a 2-3 minute walk from Dick's.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
    edited January 2011
    Last year they overlapped by about 30 minutes and people still made it to their bars alright. You could see the colour lines pretty clearly at dinner.

Though Lewie P's Mum took the cake.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    Also, we're at 50% sold. You guys are buying quickly but silently this year.

VisionOfClarity on
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Long time lurker on the forums here, this will be my first PAX. Bought tickets for the dinner for me and a couple of friends - we're coming from Scotland! Hopefully other people will be able to decipher my accent.

Cloudwalker on
    Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
    edited January 2011
    One of the only accents I've ever had trouble with was a heavy Scottish one. I thought my friends name was Russ for about 3 weeks until I saw him with a name tag and realized it was Ross.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    We have hit a little over half sold!

VisionOfClarity on
  • NendaiNendai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm attending! and I'm new. Nice to be meeting you all soon.

Nendai on
    PAX East 2011
    Pokecrawl: Team Bulbasaur Group B|PAX Trading Cards!|PrePAX Dinner
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SOrry Clarity, Im debating on this again this year, dont know what my thursday schedule is looking like just yet.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I will be attending again this year. Just purchased tickets for me and my buddy.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Signed up for fish n chips. yum

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It seems like I might have to skip the dinner this year. My schedule has suddenly taken a turn for the downright bizarre: will be in Austin for work, and my flight will be returning to Boston at 4pm on Thursday. I'll have to check into the hotel, coordinate with roommates, and all that. Doesn't look like I'll make it.

Will buy ticket it plans change, though!

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
    edited January 2011
    That's a bummer lucazzo! I hope it works out.

VisionOfClarity on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got dinner tickets for my fiance and I (completely irrelevant story: We're tying the knot right before PAX Prime and going there for our honeymoon. nerds ftw.) Can't wait to meet everyone, instead of just forum stalking you all :D

cynthetic on