As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mortal Kombat HD Kollection

12346»

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Does there really need to be an excuse for exclusivity? They paid for it, like how MS pays for it to any company that will their money.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It would be nice if they provided something resembling news about this. I could care less about exclusive, I just want to know when it will come out.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Searching for anything new about this almost makes you think it's not really happening.

It was supposedly coming out last month... but obviously this didn't happen.

All aboard the SS Skeptical.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There was a screenshot of a 3D remake of MK3 for the ipad, maybe that's what's come of it.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    So I guess this whole 'We're reshooting actors for HD' thing never was?

Damn.

Where did you hear this

Yeah I'm really at a loss as to where you got this information. No one, anywhere, ever, said that actors weren't being "reshot" for HD.

maybe he didn't see the "HD" part of that box?

hey. Hey. HEY.

first post in this very thread:

via TRMK

quote:
    TRMK has independently confirmed with multiple industry sources that a high definition Mortal Kombat arcade update is indeed currently in development. Mortal Kombat HD Kollection will be a 2D Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (MK1, MK2 and UMK3) featuring all-new high resolution in game graphics - not simply upscaled graphics, but sharp, crisp, awesome-looking High Definition graphics.

Unlike Capcom's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, which required new character drawings, remaking Mortal Kombat in high definition is not as easy. In order to properly recreate the series in HD, Warner Bros. needed to film actors performing the moves like they originally did 20 years ago, just now with better high-definition cameras. Resorting to hand-drawn characters, or using 3D models in place of real actors would just not look right and cause many fans to revolt. However, things are not as simple as that. Since the previous actors are now 20 years older and - in most cases - wouldn't look to be the right age in high definition, Warner Bros. has hired new actors for the various roles and have been busy capturing them over the past few months at a Warner Bros. Studio in Los Angeles. TRMK has also heard that some of the original cast is involved in the filming in some capacity as well.

Not that I thought it was plausible, but, come on. First post of the thread.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If there was a cookie smiley, I would totally give it to you Linespider. :D

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection lives!

A freelance 3D artist has claimed to be working on prop and environment art for Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection.

From MKO...
    A freelance 3D artist, Patrick Delmastro, has confirmed via his résumé that the mysterious Mortal Kombat: HD Arcade Kollection is indeed being worked on. Since he has been self-employed from March 2009 to the present, major titles that he has worked on include prop and environment art for Doom 4, Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection and Firefall. Near the bottom of his résuma , under the platforms the game is being released for, only the Playstation 3 is mentioned.

Is it true? Or is this guy full of shit? I know the answer and that answer is a resounding... maybe.

ALSO... rumored release date is now March 2011. Supposedly it will come with a demo of Mortal Kombat 9.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    People will die if it's PS3 only.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    PS3 only? Why limit the $$$ opportunity? Oh well. March seems close without any screens or info.

Capt Howdy on