As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Love and [Chat]

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

god

first david hasslehoff and now this

Elendil on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    From the last [chat]
    Arivia wrote:
    also I really need to expand my Anais Nin collection

hell I need to read my Anais Nin collection

Anais Nin is scary sometimes. I read two of her short stories in "Delta of Venus" and I was like "THIS ISN'T SEXY AT ALL"

It might not be sexy right then but it sure is awesome

she had a gorgeous way with words

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I can't say that I'm bothered much by etheral werewolves

but I have some trouble shaking the childhood habit of assuming that things know what I say to and think about them and can and will get offended if I think or say the wrong thing

Like, inanimate things?

yes

everything

it is why all my pcs are so bad

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    He was such a little mite when he came to check me out a year ago. So cute! He curled up under the desk, brushed up against my leg and I thought it was my cat until I looked and at first didn't see anyone there. But I knew someone was there. So I said: "Who's that?! Who is that?!" In a fun, teasing way and got the most adorable impression of these big yellow eyes - definitely not cat eyes! - looking up at me. So I just smiled and let them be because I figured whomever it was meant me no harm. Then the next morning I got the news that I had been chosen! And so he came to me! And, oi! The aches in my hips and legs!

Silas Brown on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "whomever" god damn hypercorrection

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011
    so sometimes I think "fucking cunt-bike gears, work, damnit" and then I immediately go no, wait, shit, I didn't mean that NO I DID THE BIKE CAN'T READ MY THOUGHTS AND WOULD NOT CARE IF IT COULD

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

read the reviews. and yeah, blue jeans cable is pretty great. monster is for suckahs

Dynagrip on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LaOs, you still here? Did you mean East?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so sometimes I think "fucking cunt-bike gears, work, damnit" and then I immediately go no, wait, shit, I didn't mean that NO I DID THE BIKE CAN'T READ MY THOUGHTS AND WOULD NOT CARE IF IT COULD

I used to do things very similar, generally in regards to technology and whatnot. Like, if my PC was mucking up I'd try to like...project an emotion of patience and calm into it, or something. Just something I grew out of though I guess, never really made a conscious decision to stop it. Like, if there was anything I'd get that way about right now I figure it would be my sword but it's like "Nah, that's just a hunk of shaped metal."

Inquisitor on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ludious .... you're ... hurting me ...

emnmnme on
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I used to do things very similar, generally in regards to technology and whatnot. Like, if my PC was mucking up I'd try to like...project an emotion of patience and calm into it, or something. Just something I grew out of though I guess, never really made a conscious decision to stop it. Like, if there was anything I'd get that way about right now I figure it would be my sword but it's like "Nah, that's just a hunk of shaped metal."

yeah it's not actually something I really do

but I do laugh at myself the rare occasions when my mind goes all NO DON'T UPSET THE BOAT SPIRIT IT'LL KILL YOU

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2011
    Why can't I stop watching "Dear Wizard, Reader People?"

Inquisitor on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man Tosh really pushed the rape envelope with the season premiere last night

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

this is the internet

you should be beyond pain by now

nexuscrawler on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I usually project malicious intent to most things because I have a tenuous grasp on reality and paranoid tendencies

Elendil on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

this is the internet

But....but....

half of chat is people bitching about how much their life sucks.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    From the last [chat]
    Arivia wrote:
    also I really need to expand my Anais Nin collection

hell I need to read my Anais Nin collection

Anais Nin is scary sometimes. I read two of her short stories in "Delta of Venus" and I was like "THIS ISN'T SEXY AT ALL"

It might not be sexy right then but it sure is awesome

she had a gorgeous way with words

She scared me with the knife story and the school boys being lost in the jungle and what they did to the boy closest to looking female.

barring that, its hot.

Mim on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

this is the internet

But....but....

half of chat is people bitching about how much their life sucks.

Part of the fun.

WMain00 on
    edited January 2011
    Seriously, it would be nice if someone could look this over and point out any problems.

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011
    A lady, who was using my cell phone, once pulled a big fuck off kitchen knife out of her purse. Luckily it was not me, but the person on the other end of the phone she was enraged at, and she began stabbing furious at the air in mock violence.

It is on that day that I made a policy to not lend cute strangers my phone.

Inquisitor on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hope the furniture people will arrive rather sooner than later tomorrow morning. Otherwise I will have to take a day off.

Haphazard on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Seriously, it would be nice if someone could look this over and point out any problems.

look over what?

Casual Eddy on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh look

coital bjork is back

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

For some peculiar reason that video is broke for me.

WMain00 on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

oh i've seen that before. it's awesome

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2011
    You're doing it wrong, Ludious. You need to savor each piece of terror, not flood the thread with a bunch.

This Creepy Hollows site is brilliant!

Silas Brown on
    edited January 2011

Yeah could someone look over this? It'll be nice. Can't do it myself, since I'm a player.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2011

look over what?

The campaign plot I've written up so far.

Captain Carrot on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah could someone look over this? It'll be nice. Can't do it myself, since I'm a player.

Why hasn't anybody looked this over yet?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited January 2011
    Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011
    Silas Brown on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well I'm glad spirit keeping isn't too hard.

So I keep a box of donut holes in the office. Not very healthy but so tasty.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »

You expect the guy in the $3,000 dollar suit to look over this? Come on!

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2011
    I'm so jealous. These guys make money "conjuring and shipping" spirits. I bet that's an impossible niche to break into once it has already been filled.

I need to master the art of nerd bullshit!

Silas Brown on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Joys in testing, part 223887448576

Test1: 'So apparently report is not populating correctly'
    Me: 'Define correctly please'
    Test1: 'The account number is not populating'
    Me: 'Sounds like they've done some code porting and probably overwritten where it should be looking for an account. Log a defect so they'll correct it'
    Test1: 'Is this something you do?'
    Me: 'Log your defects? No, it wouldn't be right of me to do that.'
    Test1: 'So I should log a defect?'
    Me: pauses for a bit
    Me: 'Well, I suppose you could sacrifice a goat and see if it reaches development that way.'
    Test1: 'I no follow.'
    Me: 'Exactly. log a defect.'
    Test1: 'I should log defect about goat sacrifice?'
    Me: 'Seriously, the defect you found, YOU log a defect on.'

couple of minutes go by...

Test1: 'So you will log defect or I should?'

WHAT PART OF ENGLISH DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, MOTHERFUCKER!? WARGLEBARGLERAGEON.

Seriously, its been 6 months and you are asking if someone else to log a defect you found and should already be logging yourself? Jesus H Christ on a pink poggy stick in a bunny outfit.

Afternoon [chat], I'm hungry, lets do lunch.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Because when I asked in [chat] last time people just used the opportunity to make ghost jokes.

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011
    Feral on

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

read the reviews. and yeah, blue jeans cable is pretty great. monster is for suckahs

Engadget said it best: friends don't let friends buy Monster.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
This discussion has been closed.