As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gotta lose over half my body weight before I can even begin to transition, and my body wants to play stubborn. Well fuck that! It's on! You wanna go into starvation mode and refuse to burn calories? I'll fucking show you starvation. Starvation coupled with long, brisk walks in below-zero windchills.

I love how much willpower I have right now. My friend has been offering me cookies and chips all day. Ha!

find some "goal clothes" they always want to fit into on the biggest loser.

Metalbourne on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Procyon, you may not know this, but the AC engages in a hazing technique for newcomers in which you must trade houses for a season with the first person who asks.

GIMME YO HOUSE

[edit] and Metal, your dogs' cuteness never ceases to melt me.

NightDragon on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gotta lose over half my body weight before I can even begin to transition, and my body wants to play stubborn. Well fuck that! It's on! You wanna go into starvation mode and refuse to burn calories? I'll fucking show you starvation. Starvation coupled with long, brisk walks in below-zero windchills.

I love how much willpower I have right now. My friend has been offering me cookies and chips all day. Ha!

My goal clothes include small girly things. Oh, god. I don't know shit about female clothing. Well, actually, I don't know much about male clothing either. I just wear jeans and tee shirts all the time.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • flowerhoneyflowerhoney Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the answer is always dresses

Dont know what to wear? Dress

Going to a party? Dress

Time for work? Dress

My closet is literally full of dresses. Lol you could always start reading fashion magazines

flowerhoney on
    edited January 2011

My goal clothes include small girly things. Oh, god. I don't know shit about female clothing. Well, actually, I don't know much about male clothing either. I just wear jeans and tee shirts all the time.

My secret guilty pleasure is watching What Not to Wear. Go watch that show and learn some things about dressing yourself.

Metalbourne on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cake, that first snow picture of Franklin looks so regal and awesome. Did you air brush those snow highlights or what?

reposting for people with short attentionspans and because franklin is awesome.

angus_1395.jpg

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited January 2011
    I watch that show all the time lol, but some of those people are reeeeeeally terrible with clothes, and then their end result isnt that impressive

flowerhoney on
    edited January 2011
    Dresses, eh.

I've always had a thing for (very) slightly oversized sweaters. I always wanted a really nice angora wool sweater. A fuzzy one.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited January 2011
    I watch that show all the time lol, but some of those people are reeeeeeally terrible with those, and then their end result isnt that impressive

A fun game is to pay attention to how often stacy breaks her own "rules." You get double points if the outfit she's wearing is breaking a rule that she's currently reciting.

Basically don't take anything too seriously except for the advice on how to dress for your body shape.

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2011
    those are also cute, especially with leggings but nothing beats a cute dress

forever 21 is a wonderful place, but their sizing chart is sadly a little off

flowerhoney on
    edited January 2011
    I watch that show all the time lol, but some of those people are reeeeeeally terrible with those, and then their end result isnt that impressive

A fun game is to pay attention to how often stacy breaks her own "rules." You get double points if the outfit she's wearing is breaking a rule that she's currently reciting.

Basically don't take anything too seriously except for the advice on how to dress for your body shape.

stacy is fucking bitch XD

flowerhoney on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

My secret guilty pleasure is watching What Not to Wear. Go watch that show and learn some things about dressing yourself.

Oh my God I love that show. I really wish I didn't, but I totally do.

I started finally dressing like a lady instead of a weird boy as a result.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like cute dresses on other girls, but never on myself. You don't gotta wear dresses if you don't dig em, DDV.

Kochikens on
    edited January 2011
    I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now I just need to lose this weight. And save up a trainload of money.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited January 2011
    okay, alright, I guess thats true

dresses arent for everyone, but if you can put it off it will super cute. I go ga-ga for cute girls in cute dresses

EDIT: whoa kochikens I was not expecting that avatar

flowerhoney on
  • MyntMynt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The beauty of wearing T-shirt and jeans every day is that I can choose my wardrobe for the day randomly.

...seriously... I "roll" for my clothes every morning. hahahaha

Mynt on
    edited January 2011
    Whenever I see this thread title, I hear Jim Carey singing the song.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited January 2011

I think of Dick Van Dyke falling asleep on a surfboard and being swept out to sea, and then rescued by porpoises.

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2011
    okay, alright, I guess thats true

dresses arent for everyone, but if you can put it off it will super cute. I go ga-ga for cute girls in cute dresses

EDIT: whoa kochikens I was not expecting that avatar

... which avatar??

Kochikens on
    edited January 2011
    it was a picture of a dude, now its totally different wtf!

flowerhoney on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I think of Dick Van Dyke falling asleep on a surfboard and being swept out to sea, and then rescued by porpoises.

Oh thank god, I thought it was just me.

Mustang on
    edited January 2011
    267637-f9ba629a-768b-441e-b8b0-878f4c83b65bl.jpg

That photo is incredible cake, I'd frame that if Franklin were my dog.

Mustang on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah sorry guys, while Franklin is amazing those aren't him. I just found some random pictures of other newfoundlands in snow for Bacon's sake. We don't get a lot of snow here in Los Angeles or San Diego...though I wish we did so that Franklin could play in it.

They are great photos though, I love that last one especially.

rts on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I like cute dresses on other girls, but never on myself.

You've pretty much guaranteed that next time a sketch-an-avatar/forumer thread rolls around, you're going to get a drawing of you dressed up in the most obnoxiously girly flower dress I can think of.

That being the case, you've also pretty much guaranteed that I'm also going to draw a bunch of other forumers in the most obnoxiously girly flower dresses I can think of, regardless of gender.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll take one.

rts on
    edited January 2011
    i'm totally hot for dudes in dresses.

Metalbourne on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    but my avatar already wears a dress!

Iruka on
    edited January 2011
    Then you'll wear two dresses!

Or one really big one!

Whichever is more funny

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2011
    If it were socially acceptable for men to wear dresses, I'd be totally down for wearing a dress on a hot day.
    I'd also have a handbag, I'm sick of trying to cram my world into my pockets.

Mustang on
    edited January 2011
    do it just to go shopping or whatever

Metalbourne on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

You've pretty much guaranteed that next time a sketch-an-avatar/forumer thread rolls around, you're going to get a drawing of you dressed up in the most obnoxiously girly flower dress I can think of.

That being the case, you've also pretty much guaranteed that I'm also going to draw a bunch of other forumers in the most obnoxiously girly flower dresses I can think of, regardless of gender.

Do it. Give in to your hatred and revive the Sketch-A-Forumer thread!

Fugitive on
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys let's talk about politics and how my politics are the best, and your politics are the worst.

Mustang on
    edited January 2011

God damnit
    it better be purple, at least.

It's actually pretty alarming, for my graduation, I wore a dress. It was the first time since I was a small child, and I only did it because I promised my mother. The pictures are on my facebook and whenever anyone sees them they don't believe it's me, because I also let people put makeup on me and do my hair. LAST TIME I DO THAT.

Kochikens on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    60 degrees? Jeeze, that's cold. 75 here in Hawaii.

Hahaha, haha, ahhhhh...

bombardier on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    it better be purple, at least.

It's actually pretty alarming, for my graduation, I wore a dress. It was the first time since I was a small child, and I only did it because I promised my mother. The pictures are on my facebook and whenever anyone sees them they don't believe it's me, because I also let people put makeup on me and do my hair. LAST TIME I DO THAT.

Lucky you- when my mom made me where a dress for my high school graduation, everybody recognized who I was. D:

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mustang wrote: »
    arthurj.jpg

Ahahahaha!

Cats with flat faces crack me up. A family friend used to own one and would occaisionally give it a bowl of milk to drink. Watching it get milk all over itself in the process was one of the funniest things I've seen, and a just little sad.

(Athur is the perfect name too.)

Flay on
    edited January 2011
    He has a technique for getting food into his mouth, which involves grabbing it with his front incisors, then flicking it upwards and catching it as gravity takes hold. The result is that I have cat biscuits strewn all over the floor because he fucks it up every second time.

Eating and drinking with a flat face is a lot harder than most people realize.

Mustang on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I wear makeup every now and then, but I very, very rarely wear dresses. I'd much rather be comfortable and not have to worry about not wearing pants the whole time. Also sneakers are comfy and I can run around in them. Not so much with heels.

My friends usually say something like "take a picture, Jen's wearing a DRESS!" when the rare event occurs.

90% of the time I'm just a shirt-and-jeans-with-potential-hoodie kinda gal.

NightDragon on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Its way more comfortable, the pants thing. Dresses suck for someone who hates carrying a purse, or is always cold.

If full length pocketed wool dresses with fur linings were popular, I wouldnt have this issue.

Iruka on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm the same way. I have like...maybe 2 dresses, and one is my old prom dress that's crumpled up in the corner of my closet. The other I needed for a wedding. I like dressing up for fancy occasions, but those are so far and few in between.

Make up I just can't be bothered with most of the time.

I am the worst lady.

AlyceInWonderland on
This discussion has been closed.