As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4e] Darkness and Torment (OOC)

12345679»

• SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That sounds delicious. Parley with snakemen HOOOOOOO!

Saurfang on
  • Alkey42Alkey42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I take it you will make the roll to sweet talk them? I would definitely take the speak with spirits bonus, we need to nail this if we can. Although we will have to convince the snakes AND the dragons for this to work.

I hope you diplomacy dice are warmed up.

Alkey42 on
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arright. Everyone still here? Check in so I can get an idea of what I'm working with.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
    edited December 2010
    I'm here, still interested in playing, enjoying it so far.

I have been feeling like I am just sort of talking to myself lately, but I was going to wait until after the holidays and see if it picked back up. I could do the next diplomacy rp but I didn't really think it was AR's place to speak for the group, and it's been doing it a bit lately.

Alkey42 on
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey Aegof, Alkey et. al., so sorry about the inactivity. It's finals season for me here, so I've been more busy than usual. The next few days in particular are going to be busy but I should be around after that! I'll update the game thread in a few minutes here.

Saurfang on
    edited December 2010
    That leaves abotkin and Aegis, I guess. I'll throw a PM at them.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Terribly sorry, I feel really bad about basically abandoning this, but I've been really short on free time and finally relented to peer pressure from my brother and a few friends to start up WoW again. So what free time I have has been eaten up by that.

That said, I'd be interested in picking this back up after the holidays, but I honestly can't say how often I'd be able to post, I highly doubt I'd be able to maintain a post a day.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited December 2010
    Still here in case anybody was wondering.

Alkey42 on
    edited December 2010
    Well, nearly everyone has responded since I brought it up. Pretty sure Aegis is out, though.

Thoughts, you who remain?

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
    edited December 2010
    We sell the gnomes into slavery to the Zehir as a condition to leave the dragons alone. Then open recruitment for a dragonborn character who is living amognst the dragons to join up. Striker preferable.

...wait, this means no dragon powered submarine...ok we get the Zehir to make thier new slaves make a submarine for traveling the underwaterdark.

Alkey42 on
    edited January 2011
    I take it the silence is meant as unanimous ascent? I expect some comment, my character isn't that unaligned.

I started playing cata too, but it's not that much time to check the thread, of course I do most of mine at work. But anyway, Aegof maybe another pm/email poke? The holidays are over and I don't want to see this die. I would stick around if you want to reboot or whatever.

Alkey42 on
  • soxboxsoxbox Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So that's reduced us to four? I'm still good to go with that. We're sorted with this army and are once again on the road to the dragons. Are you waiting for anything action-wise from us players (apart from acknowledgment that this is still rolling) or are we ready to move off?

I know I've been very slack in the IC thread - I guess I'm having trouble reconciling the personality I've got for Mareka with actual useful conversations with NPCs. If he's not going to punish them for something, I don't know what he'd want to do. I will work it out eventually though.

I think some of the delay we've been having is also that we keep waiting around for everybody to agree to a plan of action. I think we should proceed so that anybody can speak for the actions of the group and put the responsibility for objections in the 'speak now or forever hold your peace' basket.

soxbox on
    edited January 2011
    Let's get a New Year's affirmation on anyone still here and then we'll move on.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
    edited January 2011
    My previous post about the slavery thing was only half serious. I think the clockwork crusaders should turn NPC then get left behind shortly, or go separate ways, whatever is plot appropriate. I also think we should open recruitment for one more player, we can continue on through recruitment and Aegof can slip him/her in whenever he/she thinks it is time.

Maybe Mareka has an Indiana Jones type phobia of snakes? It is basically just him and a couple thousand battle bots right? You would expect him to be a little hermitly, and have more than a few eccentricities.

Alkey42 on
    edited January 2011
    If this campaign is half as awesome as the other worldship one I will bump this thread all year until it gets going again. :)

Also, if by some 'act of gods' a chaos vortex randomly sucks one of the AR into the other campaign to fill a leader role I wouldn't complain in the least. 8-)

Alkey42 on
    edited January 2011
    Heh, I was just thinking about this game this morning.

Darkness and Torment is dead for numerous reasons, and a lot of them are me. I like the idea of Darkness and Torment, I think there's a game to be played, a story to be told, here, but I always considered it a sideshow. That isn't fair.

I do want to run this game, tell this story, but I can't do it properly while also running Worldship. Trying to do both at once burnt me out a bit, and I think continuing to would only doom both games. So I'm sorry to say that Darkness and Torment is Officially Shut Down.

If/when Worldship finally comes to a close, I'll likely run another iteration of the "Everyone vs. Lolth" story that Darkness and Torment aimed to tell--possibly a near-identical one. Then I'll be able to give it my full attention, and it will be better for it.

Thank you for giving this weird little game a chance. I hope to see you in the next one.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
    edited January 2011
    aawww :cry:

Alkey42 on