As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
edited December 2012 in Critical Failures
confinest.png

Darkness. Darkness fills your thoughts, your mind, and surrounds you within and without. Cloying, deafening, suffocating darkness. You were not fighting just a little while ago, your were welcoming the darkness, welcoming the safety of the dampness. Damp? Dirty. Earth. You are surrounded by the earth, it is sinking into your pores, your eyes, your mouth, your ears, filling every open hole and crevice within your body. Panic sets in. You are awake in this darkness, this moist, musty darkness. You would open your mouth to scream, but it is already open, frozen in a rigor mortise scream of horror and filled with dirt. You swear you can feel a worm crawling around on your tongue, looping the once useful flesh, now left inert by your death.

Death. You can’t be dead. You had so much more to live for. There must be a mistake, a grave, grave mistake. Were you not panicking, you would have laughed at the pun you just made. But no, they put you here by mistake. You have to get out. You wiggle your fingers, you move and kick your feet, you can’t be dead, you can still move, still succeed. There is so much more to life than this for you. Swimming now, swimming through the dirt and the decomposing plants and animals around you, swimming with your fingers and your toes, moving at the pace of a snail you climb, and climb, and dig your way. Until, cold. You can feel cold on your fingertips. You had grown tired, but this was something new, something exciting, something to reach for, to gain. A place to live! To Live! You want to live!

As you claw and growl and swim your way to the surface, one hand then the other, an arm and now two. Your head crowning through the long channel of dirt that had surrounded you, keeping you safe and warm in the darkness, you thrust yourself outward into the cold air, the cold night air. Spitting and sputtering and choking upon the dirt and the worms within your mouth, vomiting bile black as pitch and tasting just as bad with crawling beetles and squirming maggots galore. You pull your feet free from the earth, free to pull them to your chest, only just not noticing that you are unclothed, naked and brought fresh into the world, covered in grime and dirt and filthy beasts, you look up with your dirt covered eyes, and through the haze of brown mist, there is a face. Several faces. A gentle hand touches your cheek, brushing off the dirt. And a voice, crinkled and old as the stars above, a voice greets you into this new world.

“Welcome to The Confines.”

And as you try to smile, you think that is the expression on your face, the hand returns to your cheek, but not to stroke, but a slap, and punch, and as you growl out in pain and anger and frustration, you fall back to the cold hard ground. Unconscious.

*****~~~~~~*****

“Welcome to The Confines. No no, don’t panic. You’re amongst family. We’re all family here. Relax, relax, The hunger will go away soon. Yes. We know you’re hungry. We all are. It’s been ages since we’ve had anything real to eat. But that’s not important at the moment.

What is important, is that you’re here now, we have you, we’ll take care of you. That’s what family does, right? We don’t have a lot of time for your teaching, or to do much of anything but run and hide. We almost left you behind, young one. But the Council couldn’t see taking that risk. Now come on, we’ll explain along the way.”

You stand, although your body still feels so foreign to you, and you run along with those around you, they half dragging you as you try to keep up. You notice that you are clothed now, you remember being naked before vaguely, but you have clothing and shoes as well, although they don’t fit as well as you had hoped. There were a few of you running, and as you took off deeper into the wooded area up ahead, you take a moment to look around at your surroundings and those with you. A well dressed man, the voice you have heard since waking up, a woman who’s hair is long and blond and seemingly flowing around behind her tangled with her equally flowing clothes. A rather large dog, no it’s a wolf, bounding on all four legs with… is that a fedora?... on its head. And, well you’re not entirely sure exactly what that is over there, but you think it has a tail. And maybe horns. What the hell did you get yourself into?

You ran for what seemed an eternity until you were brought stumbling into a cabin deep within the woods. You collapsed to the floor, panting, and you look up at those around you, gathering to look at this newborn. And each other. The man who had been speaking with you, he wore a suit of the finest tailored burgundy velvet, held out a young squealing rabbit to you and without even realizing what you were doing, you sunk your teeth into the flesh of the young mammal, it’s screams falling upon your deaf ears as you sucked the life blood from it’s veins, the warm liquid soothing your throat and sliding into your stomach and then into your own vascular system. This is what life is. This. Causing death to the innocent in order to survive. You look up at those that are watching you, human and freaks alike, licking your lips with your tongue, only miniscule bits of blood dripping from your chin to the floor.

“Now What?”

*****~~~~~~*****

The man in the velvet suit looked at you in disgust, frowned, waved his hand in your direction, and then started to speak while you were still recovering from the shock of there being no more blood on your chin and the pretty sparkly swirls in the air.

“There is no time to properly train you in the history of where you are, so you will need to pay attention as we go over the brief notes. I believe I have heard some of your friends refer to them as Cliff’s Notes, although I have no unearthly idea who Cliff is, or why he took so many notes.

“You are a vampire. Danava is a demon. Ilona is a Banshee. Jacques is a werewolf. I am a Sorcerer, my name is Donovan. We are in the confines. Centuries and centuries ago we were put here by the human population as they expanded and demanded more and more territory. Territory that used to belong to our kind. All of our kind. We signed a treaty with the humans, Newly Come as they used to be called, many and many a years ago, with the promise to stay within the Confines and to never leave. One of the younger vampires, or several actually, broke that promise last week. They broke the Treaty! And now we have Hunters here, aiming to show us the errors of our ways and make certain we understand that we are allowed to exist only at their mercy and benevolence. You getting all of this so far? Too bad if not. Our mission, as part of whatever elite squad somebody thinks we can become, is to get rid of the Hunters before they wipe us all out. You up for a little hunting? Excellent. We join the others shortly. Here, have another snack.”

Donovan, a proper name for a guy as slimy appearing as he was, tossed you another live rabbit and you bit into it while standing up and following your fellow creatures of nightmare into the Romanian woods, noticing that the female had a backpack with a notebook stuffed into it. You’d be learning your new family and fighting alongside them at the same time. Hope you’re prepared.

"Yeah. Now the Hunters are the Hunted. Yeah man."

"Kid, just shut up and eat your rabbit."

*****~~~~~~*****

lonelyahava on

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rules:

This is a Phalla. If you are unfamiliar with this game, please go here.

Every night, vote in !Red for a suspected Hunter within your Territory

All standard and accepted rules apply.

-No screen caps or direct quotes to prove anything.
    -Dead must stay Dead.
    -One Ghost Post
    - etc etc.
    Clarifications can be asked for in Orange, though I make no promises whether or not I will answer them the way you want me to.

Vote Close will be 11:59pm EST/8:59 PST/4:59am GMT No votes or orders submitted after such time will be accepted.

This game is designed for 40 players.

This is a standard Phalla. Or, as some might call it, Vanilla. If you have a problem with that, if this is not complicated or brain breaking enough for you, then Don’t Sign Up. Give somebody else a chance. I do NOT want to hear complaints about dullness and boredom due to lack of ‘abilities’ This is your warning.

For anybody who hasn't played a game under me before, I tend to give and use nicknames to players who's names are too long for my laziness.

More information on The Confines will become available as the game progresses.

Surviving Players List

[*]Heffling; Mafia

[*]nodgarb; Mafia
    [*]cheez; Sorcerer

[*]Sir Fabulous; Mafia

[*]Garick; Sorcerer

The Dead:

[*]Void Slayer- Vampire; Day One
    [*]Spoit-Werewolf; Day One
    [*]Dunadan-Banshee; Day One
    [*]Ringo- Vampire; Day One
    [*]Infidel- Demon; Day One

[*]alegis/Rawkking goodguy; Vampire; Day Two
    [*]Stew Stick; werewolf; Day Two
    [*]kellie; Demon; Seer; Day Two
    [*]3clipse; werewolf; Day Two
    [*]The Anonymous; Vampire; Day Two

[*]Dragon6860; werewolf; Day Three
    [*]Matev; Werewolf; Day Three
    [*]towndrunk; Vampire Vigilante; Day Three
    [*]kay; Banshee; Day Three
    [*]Tipsy; Werewolf; Guard;Day Three

[*]Darian; Banshee; Roleblock; Day Four
    [*]Vagrant Winds; Werewolf; Day Four
    [*]phyphor; Hunter; Day Four
    [*]LoserforhireX; Werewolf; Day Four
    [*]romanqwerty; Vampire; day Four
    [*]zandracon; Demon; day Four

[*]Cynic Jester; Werewolf; Day Five
    [*]Cleonicus; Vampire Vigilante; Day Five
    [*]The Cow King; Hunter; Day Five
    [*]Extermatott;Hunter; Day Five

[*]enlightenedbum; demon; day six
    [*]captain planet; sorcerer; day six
    [*]Pezzy; werewolf; day six
    [*][strike]daniant[/strike] Green; demon; day six

[*]REG Rysk; Demon; Day Seven

[*]alt Raven; vampire; Day Seven
    [*]schuss; mafia; Day Seven

[*]Mr Defecation; Demon; Day Eight
    [*]skarsol; vampire; Day Eight
    [*]Kias; Vampire; Day Eight

Generic Role PM:
    You are a Child of the Ancients. A citizen of the Confines. You have lived by the Treaty so long that you know and remember nothing else. The Elders might, but they are not ones to give ideas to young scoundrels like you. But now, the Elders have called on your and your friends to help them get rid of these Hunters on your lands. To protect your way of life from being exterminated, you have to do the killing yourself. This should be fun.

Obejctive: Remove all Hunters from the Confines before they kill you all.
    Race: everybody belongs to one of the Children
    Ability: not everybody will get one of these

Narrations and Important Information:

Prequel: The Story So Far
    Opening: Donovan
    Night One: Ilona
    Night Two: Alejandro
    Night Three: Jacques
    Night Four: Danava
    Night Five: Hunter
    Night Six: You
    Night Seven: Nikolai
    Night Eight: Finale

Clarifications:

There are only sexy shirtless werewolves if you want there to be.
    These vampires definitely do not sparkle.

This is a world and a setting of my own creation. Information will be passed onto you through narrations and maybe if you're nice, midday posts. Read them, and you'll get a feel for what's going on. Don't read them, and you'll be ignorant to the facts.

*Much thanks to Egos for the awesome image title. <3

lonelyahava on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Only because it's you, ahava

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hello

Alegis on
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ohh, I've never played a Vanilla one before. Sign up!

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huh, a vanilla phalla with experimental mechanics?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Signing up, something simple sounds nice ahava

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ooops. The 'experimental mechanics' thing was leftover from the previous phalla I ran.

Just standard Vanilla

lonelyahava on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

This will be my first Phalla. Please be gentle.

Heffling on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Welcome stranger

the phalla sign-up thread has some basic phalla tips/info in the first post, and there's also a small wiki with some stuff on

as you are a new please accept this complementary "do not day1 kill me" card. It may be used as long as you can get away with it

Alegis on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hey hey

Zandracon on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Vanilla is one of the tastiest tastes.

Cynic Jester on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    These vampires better not sparkle

The Anonymous on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    signup

Dunadan019 on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I AM THE GOOD WIZARD!!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That is an awful lot of text :P

romanqwerty on
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wanna see a magic trick?

towndrunk34 on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !I don't think it's possible to win this one on day one.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !This looks like something I can sink my teeth into.

Stew_Stick on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fandango!

schuss on
  • KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Signup :) !

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Non-bold black text hurts my eyes!

Phyphor on
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Brown chicken brown cow

Nodgarb on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sure, I'll try this. Warning: Noob. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Meep

cheez on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I will Sign Up

REG Rysk on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Will there be sexy shirtless werewolves? Rawr :P

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alllll we wanna do is eat your brains

3cl1ps3 on
  • TipsyTipsy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Tipsy on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in

pezzy on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Only hairy ones ;)

pezzy on
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yiff in hell, furfag.
    :winky:

towndrunk34 on
    edited January 2011
    There are only sexy shirtless werewolves if you want there to be.
    These vampires definitely do not sparkle.

This is a world and a setting of my own creation. Information will be passed onto you through narrations and maybe if you're nice, midday posts. Read them, and you'll get a feel for what's going on. Don't read them, and you'll be ignorant to the facts.

Oh, and another important rule. Don't be a dick.

lonelyahava on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Signup, assuming this thing is starting next week after football-till then I am dead to the world

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2011
    It starts when it's full. But I may be convinced to do a 'day 0' info dump over the weekend instead of starting voting, if people want me to.

but i leave that to the group.

lonelyahava on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yiff in hell, furgoose.
    :winky:

tonightYiff_in_hell.jpg

3cl1ps3 on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No special auto sign up? :(

Extermatott on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have a plan

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG