As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]hammer 40K - Day 10: Game Over! Necron Victory!!

1313233343537»

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can blame you too, Duny.

but I won't.

I will simply look at the list of Red
    Look at all the names I tossed out in the thread
    And for most of them go
    I TOLD YOU SO.

:P

you told everyone not to listen to me....

then you died...

but just for the record, am I supposed to not listen to myself in the future?

Dunadan019 on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know, I was a vig and roman was evil. I did not kill roman, clearly this was a mistake :P

Phyphor on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So wait, my target, who I had to kill in order to achieve my secondary victory, was unkillable?
    We had to vote him out?

Rend on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So when I said that Alegis could kill someone unless they had chaos in them or whatever, I misread the PM from Burnage. It said he kills someone ONLY if they have chaos or whatever. My bad.

Oh well. You guys went after the neutrals rather than the mafia when I tried to get the mafia. You all deserve to lose.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No, we went after two mafias and then the third one won. Necron, genestealer & chaos all had the mafia win condition

Phyphor on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »
    No, we went after two mafias and then the third one won. Necron, genestealer & chaos all had the mafia win condition

It's just like a real 40K fluff story!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rend wrote: »
    So wait, my target, who I had to kill in order to achieve my secondary victory, was unkillable?
    We had to vote him out?

I assume he had to be crippled first before killed. I didn't realize that all of us Dark Angels had the find Cypher secondary, I thought it was just me as the Chaplain.

Savant on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    Oh goddamnit. I know what Burnage did.

He took Farangu's mafia, and made it the village. And then he split Farangu's village into seven different mafias

We are so boned

Posted early Day One. I tried to warn you guys.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I, for one, welcome our new metal overlords.

Thanks for hosting!

jackisreal on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Burnage wrote: »
    I'm also sort of surprised that the Necrons were able to win - yes, they had some ridiculous powers, but they were also (in a sense) the most fragile of the mafia factions. Particularly when I lowered the number of dead necessary for failure to two; I thought that might have underpowered them. Evidently not.
    Given they had 50% Vig Evasion (Nightbringer 75%), the vote was used for other mafia - it meant the had to lose ~6 or 4 members. (+1 rez)

Alegis on
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So when I said that Alegis could kill someone unless they had chaos in them or whatever, I misread the PM from Burnage. It said he kills someone ONLY if they have chaos or whatever. My bad.

Oh well. You guys went after the neutrals rather than the mafia when I tried to get the mafia. You all deserve to lose.

psst... you were the mafia.

edit: I see phyphor beat me to that, by a lot.

Megatin on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    wait, they could rez from the vote? I didn't see that, did that actually happen?

Also that +1 rez is actually +2 with the evasion they had. The only way to reliably kill them would have been to hit the resurrecting guy with the vote. Out of 50 people the likely hood of that is, slim.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited January 2011
    The resurrection was 1-time use on anyone. So even if they got hit with the vote once they had a +2 and the impression that the dude could get rezd from the vote, making it seem useless while at the same time there's still chaos, tyranids and SKs to deal with.

Alegis on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    wait, they could rez from the vote? I didn't see that, did that actually happen?

Also that +1 rez is actually +2 with the evasion they had. The only way to reliably kill them would have been to hit the resurrecting guy with the vote. Out of 50 people the likely hood of that is, slim.

Or vote one of us and get lucky with a vig on another.

romanqwerty on
    edited January 2011
    Or rather, vote 3. Which would be fine (actually, still a lot in a 9 day game) were it not that there were many other evil characters to deal with.

Alegis on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh goddamnit. I know what Burnage did.

He took Farangu's mafia, and made it the village. And then he split Farangu's village into seven different mafias

We are so boned

Posted early Day One. I tried to warn you guys.

My first thoughts on reading that post a week ago:

shit shit shit He's onto meeeeeee

But then you died. Bullet dodged!

Farangu on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Burnage wrote: »
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Burnage, why was day one such a "Oh fuck!" moment? Were you depending on a certain number of kills or some people staying alive till later on?
    1. There were a possible nine kills that would happen on day one. I was expecting a minimum of five to go through. Only two happened. If that had carried on, the game would have dragged on way, way too long.
    2. No cover roles. Every single mafia faction was vulnerable to a role call.

I'd debate the necessity of cover roles when you have multiple mafias who are trying to kill each other as much as the village. Especially when there was enough lore that was unused that we really didn't know which factions were actually in play until about a third to a halfway through the game

It was a probably one of the better phalla's I've been in

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I finally got time to read all the role abilities. Awesome setup in my opinion! Thanks for running a great game, Farangu and Burnage!

I see how some were confused into thinking there was only one mafia group. But the first days of the multiple people made comments about the possibility of there being multiple mafia groups. Chaos, Tyranids and Necrons. I know almost nothing about Warhammer 40K, but i asked a friend about them (or you could search). They are clearly all not good.

I think this was a great setup for factions in general. I have seen other faction games where they get broken because the factions all end up working together. You would be silly geese to do it in this game. Also 'outnumber the village' always means mafia or baddies. I heard multiple mafia members question if they were mafia and that win condition should clear it up for you. No worries though. That confusion gives the village better odds.

A special thanks to whoever gave me my win! I have a special present for you, it's an "IOU 1 win" giftcard. Good timing too! I was crazy in contact with people behind the scenes including the Daemon prince god of Chaos, the Chaos faction, and then Necrons. My ability was basically to busdrive but I was always one of the two targets. That's why I didn't mind sticking my neck out a little to protect my baddie contacts. If anyone was actually going to target me with a vig, then it just would allow me to kill my target. Kinda cool.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone out there target me the same night I left the game?

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone that thought there would be only be a single mafia did not take the setting into account. Also when I told everyone that there were a bunch of mafias.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator