As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No sparkle? I'm in.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...in the shirtless, sexy werewolves, Infi?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !reserve up

I'll be available for phalla by Tuesday at the latest, likely monday.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, and another important rule. Don't be a dick.

can I get a waiver?

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

can I get a waiver?

It's in the forum rules so you'll have to take it to Tube. :twisted:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited January 2011
    Infidel wrote: »

can I get a waiver?

Way to be a buzz kill.

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2011
    Infidel wrote: »

can I get a waiver?

Way to be a buzz kill.

That is my job in this community.

Stomping on dreams.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes! I am in! This'll be great.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Important Information that you should really know about the setting.

The game is set within The Confines, and pits the Children of the Ancients against the Newly Come. Well, the youngest of the Children of the Ancients against the Hunters of the Newly Come. Below, you will find a primer on the lessons that are necessary for you to survive within the Confines. Consider this your crash course. And pray you live long enough to learn the rest.

The Confines:
    The Great War was waged and the Newly Come were claimed victorious. And as the spoils of their victory, they were permitted a place called the Confines upon the face of the Earth. And within this area were The Children cast. Magic and Honor bound by the words and promises of The Ancients, this was the place that the Children were going to reside for the rest of eternity. No more freedom to move about the land, the Earth. No more ability to hunt wherever and whoever, but to be confined to this patch of Earth and given only what the Newly Come permitted to be shared.

The Ancients:
    Nobody knows much about them, but they have been around since before time was counted and before history was known to be historical. Their faces and shapes are unknown to even themselves, and their children. But it was the Ancients that ruled the land before the Newly Come. And it is their children that the Newly Come had punished and beaten and chased into the Confines.

The Children:
    The Children of the Ancients is more appropriate. They are the creations of the Ancients, made in the images of their creators in all ways but one, they are corporeal. They number in the hundreds, perhaps the thousands now, and for millennia they ruled this land called the Earth. They come in several forms, each with their own task and need, each with their own strength and desire and weakness.

The Children of the Ancients:

Vampires:
    Vampires need the blood of the young and the living to survive. They can last for years without a new drop, but eventually they will need the building block of life to keep on going. According to the Treaty, the Vampires within the Confines are gifted with young girls from the Newly Come every three years.
    Werewolves:
    Werewolves need the light of the moon and the thrill of the hunt to survive. They live as one with nature and according to the Treaty, there will be no tall buildings built along the edges of the Confines to block out the moon. There will also be fresh game provided.
    Banshees:
    Banshees need the screams of the dying young men to survive. They live as the ghostly pale remnants that have been left over from a vampiric feeding. Pale, beautiful and floating, their screams can hollow any man to the core with the horror of the knowledge of a painful death. According to the Treaty, the Banshees are brought two young men a year for them to feed upon.
    Demons:
    Demons need nothing more than their hatred to survive. They are the leftovers of the Banshee’s feeding. Anger and hate fill them, bring them power unknown and unmatched. And with this power the Demons create many things, and with this anger comes energy. According to the Treaty, the Demons get no special boons, save for their continued existence.
    Sorcerers:
    Sorcerers need the Energy of the Demons to survive and fund their magic. They were once Newly Come, the sorcerers, but their knowledge of the Children grew and grew and their studies of the Energy of the Demons made them too powerful, and so the Ancient took these sorcerers as their own Children. According to the Treaty, should any sorcerer wish to return to the Newly Come, they will give up their powers and their vast understanding of the world and reenter as a babe Newly Born.

The Newly Come:
    Humans. The name given to them by the Children. The Children of the Ancients. They called the Humans the ‘Newly Come’. They are ruthless, evil, and they do everything in their puny power to rule everything. You would think that a creation so small and weak, so vulnerable all over would be easy prey for the Children. But no, there are just too many of them. They keep fucking and birthing at a rate that boggles the Children’s mind. They just keep growing in numbers.

The Watchers:
    The Watchers are the sect of the Newly Come that have been given the task of ensuring that the boundaries of the Confines are kept exactly as the Treaty dictated. And that the Children do not leave the Confines, and that no unauthorized Newly Come enter into the Confines. The Watchers is an organization that has lost many of it’s purposes over the centuries, and its understanding of the Confines as well. But when the Children begin to slip free, the Watchers become the Hunters.
    The Hunters:
    A small group of the Newly Come, formed from The Watchers, who bear the burden of keeping the Children within the Confines. No matter the cost to them. No matter the price. The Children must abide by the Treaty and stay within the Boundaries. To allow them to escape would be a travesty on all the Newly Come, and for Earth.

The Story Up to This Point. Abbreviated:

The Children of the Ancients have grown restless. They wish to leave the Confines. The younger ones, the ones who have been born, created, within the Confines long to see the outside, to know what it is they are being punished and kept away from. The Elders of the Children, the Council, do not wish to invoke another War with the Newly Come. It went so badly for them the last time around. But the Younglings do not listen, to not understand. And so they move to work hard on channeling their anger and frustration and energy and power into escaping the Confines, into finding a way out and back to the freedom they once had.

The Watchers of the Newly Come are at first oblivious to the growing powers of the Children, and so they do not react at first. But when the first non-sanctioned Newly Come is killed by the Children, outside of the Confines, the Watchers mobilize into action. They must be stopped. The Children must never leave the Confines, they must never break the Treaty, or the earth will never recover. And so the Watchers become the Hunters and they set off to make certain that the Treaty is Honored. They enter the Confines, as they are allowed to do by the Treaty, and it is up to them to end this breech of the Treaty. If that means abandoning the treaty completely, than so be it.

lonelyahava on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !not late enough to be fashionable

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited January 2011
    I would read it but I don't want to spoil the story for myself.

Dunadan019 on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So there are going to be 5 mafias? The village is screwed.

Extermatott on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think the village is the "bad guys" and the Mafia are the hunters coming in to wreck face.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hello my name is twilight and I am a mafia

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !slander up

M.D. on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh man standard phalla!?!?!

how will i betray everyone D:

M.D. on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

Eh sparkles and doesn't emote about anything?

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited January 2011
    I can over-emote, if that is better?

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just awkwardly switch between the two in a terribly unrealistic way.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Sign-up

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Signup

Darian on
    edited January 2011
    You know, I think that I've been unfair to the phalla community in the past and I want to say that I really don't mean to come across as a crass and uncouth barbarian or an authoritarian dictator with a passion for mango.

I just want to say that I'm sorry, in particular to spoit who I feel got the worst of both my incomprehensibly reprehensible behavior but also the subsequent backlash from reacting to that which was not his own doing for a most understandable and rational course of action.

To you spoit, I say that I am truly sorry for any harm that has come to you for your reactions to any antics that may have happened in previous games and I hope that we can put the olive branch of peace behind us as we embrace a future of cooperation and understanding of the shortcomings of the human race.

Free mango smoothies for all.

-Dunadan

Dunadan019 on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...what?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You're supposed to break my brain AFTER the game starts, not before...

Now go find me two more victims.

or more

lonelyahava on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awww. How did you know that mango was my favourite flavour of Smoothie. Shine on you crazy diamond.

No but seriously, I'm almost certain everybody knows you're just a fun lovin' guy. It's rather hard to be uptight and serious around here.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited January 2011
    I know that role selection is out of your hands duna. And really, I got over it like 2-3 phallas ago, and am mostly just going through the motions out of a lack of a better grudge target.

[tiny]Still voting for you until you finally get day 1'd though.[/tiny]

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    (or he's trying to kill me becuase he knows I'm allergic to Mangoes and he wants to run this all by himself...)

lonelyahava on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't stay angry at a free mango smoothie.

cheez on
  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know, I think that I've been unfair to the phalla community in the past and I want to say that I really don't mean to come across as a crass and uncouth barbarian or an authoritarian dictator with a passion for mango.

I just want to say that I'm sorry, in particular to spoit who I feel got the worst of both my incomprehensibly reprehensible behavior but also the subsequent backlash from reacting to that which was not his own doing for a most understandable and rational course of action.

To you spoit, I say that I am truly sorry for any harm that has come to you for your reactions to any antics that may have happened in previous games and I hope that we can put the olive branch of peace behind us as we embrace a future of cooperation and understanding of the shortcomings of the human race.

Free mango smoothies for all.

-Dunadan

Apologizing for past behavior is something a mafia would do!

!Dunadan
    Yes, I know the game hasn't started yet.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Voting before the game starts? Suspicious.

Darian on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited January 2011
    Once Spoit officially declared Dunadan his grudge, I was fine with his behavior. Grudges are grudges.

But you have to declare it, see

And then people are free to ridicule you on the strength of your grudge. Like... trying to vote out someone because you think they're likely to be vote immune? Highly deserving of ridicule.

You should've just vigged him.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If there is still room.

!Sign Up

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    Signups Full.

Still taking Reserves.

I will work on PMs but they will probably go out late tonight/morning/tomorrow as I am feeling very sleepy and I have a date tonight. yay!

lonelyahava on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aww I just missed signups D:

Green on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sad, didn't think is actually get left off, o well

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2011
    You can always reserve, Green. There are bound to be a few inactives and I love to have reserves.

Same goes for you, Se

lonelyahava on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »

Eh sparkles and doesn't emote about anything?

IM A VAMPIIIRREE

Zandracon on
    edited January 2011
    Once Spoit officially declared Dunadan his grudge, I was fine with his behavior. Grudges are grudges.

But you have to declare it, see

And then people are free to ridicule you on the strength of your grudge. Like... trying to vote out someone because you think they're likely to be vote immune? Highly deserving of ridicule.

You should've just vigged him.

I haven't gotten a vig since I started grudging him. Also, that makes it too obvious

Actually, no. That's not right. One of the games I was the mafia and put a kill on day one. Then I died like day 2 or 3, and he came back.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png