As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Telltale's Jurassic Park: Hold on to your butts!

zombiefriendzombiefriend Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
If you can not find any excitement for this in your heart, then may God have mercy on your soul.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/jurassic_park/b/pc/archive/2011/01/14/an-unlikely-developer-steps-into-the-maw-of-a-troubled-license.aspx

500x_jurassic_park.jpg

Jurassic-Park-1%20copy.jpg

mmmmm
zombiefriend on

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    holy shit son

(unfortunately, my memory of JP games kinda starts and ends with Trespasser. It's really really hazy.)

Zxerol on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ... by Tell-Tale?

They're all about the rejuvenated IPs, ain't they? Woo-eee. Etc.

Elvenshae on
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jurassic-Park-1%20copy.jpg

Wild guess: These 2 fight on a loop on a background, until player combines 3 unrelated objects, that do something that allows triceratops to drive the t-rex away.

T-tops is needed for a later puzzle.
    So you have to put it in your pocket. :winky:

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know nobody played it, but the Jurassic Park adventure game for Sega CD was actually pretty good. If they can capture the same sort of feeling I have high hopes for this.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know nobody played it, but the Jurassic Park adventure game for Sega CD was actually pretty good. If they can capture the same sort of feeling I have high hopes for this.

I played the shit out of this game.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Game Informer has a first look at Telltale Games' Jurassic Park, which is not just "another dinosaur shooting game," according to its developer, but a story-driven game that takes inspiration from PlayStation 3 adventure Heavy Rain for its storytelling mechanics

Sounds great, I wouldn't be too jazzed about a Sam and Max traditional adventure style game and we really don't need yet another FPS on the market this year, so this is looking more and more up my alley.

Darlan on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd read about this when I was investigating Back to the Future, apparently both of the licenses were bought at the same time or something like that. I'm hells of excited.

BloodySloth on
  • zombiefriendzombiefriend Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd read about this when I was investigating Back to the Future, apparently both of the licenses were bought at the same time or something like that. I'm hells of excited.

Yeah, this was announced at the same time as Back to the Future. They're only just now putting out information, though.

zombiefriend on
    mmmmm
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There better be a segment where you back into Samuel L. Jackson's arm.

Henroid on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If there isn't a scene where a T. rex is chomping on some dude on a toilet, I'll be disappointed.

Zxerol on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I loved Jurassic Park as a kid. I hope this doesn't crush all those good feelings like JP2 and JP3 did.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    finnith wrote: »
    I loved Jurassic Park as a kid. I hope this doesn't crush all those good feelings like JP2 and JP3 did.

It couldn't possibly.
    They didn't get themselves lynched for Sam and Max so if a cult hit like that didn't kill them, I can't imagine JP doing it.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to buy this just for the inevitable Jeff Goldgame joke.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So excited for this. I have really fond memories of the original movie and the two platformer-ish Genesis games.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8GiBhNfCVI

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Telltale. Damn jerkoffs, just take all of my money why don't you.

Maximum on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Actually one of the puzzles is reattaching his arm to his body

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can we please add "Hang on to your butts" to the title of the thread?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can we please add "Hang on to your butts" to the title of the thread?

I was very disappointed that you did, in fact, use the magic word.

l337CrappyJack on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I second the motion

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nice to see Telltale can handle other graphical styles. I don't mean that in a bad way, I like all their previous games, but it's cool to see them broaden themselves a bit.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8GiBhNfCVI

Shit, I've been called out on my reference!

Also, there's like two other times they talk about this.

Henroid on
    edited January 2011
    You know. I totally don't know how to rename threads. But I will when I figure this damn thing out.

zombiefriend on
    mmmmm
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Very excited for this. Was just thinking about Jurassic Park the other day actually, and how amazing the John Williams original soundtrack was for that film.

Hopefully with Telltale securing the Universal Studios rights, they'll be able to use some of that music in the game.

Lucascraft on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Very excited for this. Was just thinking about Jurassic Park the other day actually, and how amazing the John Williams original soundtrack was for that film.

So good, that main theme.

Majestic, and it gives the proper weight to seeing beasts the size of houses.

chiasaur11 on
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jurassic Park always had strangely fascinating games. Personally I only owned the Genesis game, which was entertaining even though I realize that from todays view it must be an abomination, but the two SNES games where really really good.
    That being said... Telltale? Huh?

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone remember Trespasser?

Yeah....

Casually Hardcore on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Jurassic Park um park builder game was pretty cool. A spiritual successor to DinoTycoon which itself is just a cute ripoff of Jurassic Park.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah....

I've played and finished Trespasser...not even as a joke. I mostly had a good time doing it too.

I don't know what mindset I was in, but for some reason it clicked with me.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This reminds me of playing that Jurassic Park game for Genesis when I was a kid.

This game looks good, and I have high hopes for it since they are obviously aren't going to crank it out in time for the movie release. At least I don't think so since they're kind of behind.

I'm still confused, though. What kind of game will it be? Are we shooting dinosaurs or just running from them?

edit: Anyone remember playing the Lost World arcade game? I beat it with a friend in High School at an arcade at our fourth of July carnival. I think we ended spending like 10 bucks by the time it was over, though. I actually just played it last month with some friends at Dave and Buster's too. I kind of suck now, though.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know. I totally don't know how to rename threads. But I will when I figure this damn thing out.

Either edit the OP in advanced mode or double-click the thread title from where it's displayed in the forum.

freakish light on
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Yeah, there's no way this game isn't going to at least have the main theme in it.

double-click the thread title from where it's displayed in the forum.

Holy shit, that's so cool.

zombiefriend on
    mmmmm
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Holy fucking shit it's a dinosaur

Zxerol on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    edit: Anyone remember playing the Lost World arcade game? I beat it with a friend in High School at an arcade at our fourth of July carnival. I think we ended spending like 10 bucks by the time it was over, though. I actually just played it last month with some friends at Dave and Buster's too. I kind of suck now, though.

Oh man I have a lot of memories from the arcade game. My friends and I pretty much had all our birthdays at the local Playdium just so we could play that game over and over. The only way we actually beat it was by using the timed playcards. That thing was damn hard.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    edited January 2011
    Well, that theme is ruined for all time now.

Henroid on
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah....

This let's play was by far the best thing to come out of Trespasser's failure.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Need. More. Info. Now!!!!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    open the door

get on the floor

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man. Jurassic Park 2 was so good up until they left the island.

True Story: I actually thought the movie was over in JP2 when they made it through the field of raptors and escaped on the helicopter. I was all set to get up and exit the movie theater, and then stuff just kept happening. And then the movie went downhill :(

Lucascraft on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want a hacking mini-game where you play as Lex and navigate a "Unix" system.

Renzo on